New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

AV's clearly the serial killer again, we should lynch them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Wait, at least four kills per cycle unless AV's power is conditional.
    Wait, why four kills? Fext didn't say they had a kill, they just said they had "tools" to find the serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    They can even spell doom for the wolf blocked. Right, Xi?
    ...shush.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-10-16 at 07:54 PM. Reason: gender neutrality
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    AV's clearly the serial killer again, we should lynch them immediately.

Wait, why four kills? Fext didn't say they had a kill, they just said they had "tools" to find the serial killer.
    Lynch, scum NK, SK kill, and mine. Except I corrected them to say not to expect four kills per cycle.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Lynch, scum NK, SK kill, and mine. Except I corrected them to say not to expect four kills per cycle.
    Oh, per cycle. My bad, I thought they were saying four kills per night.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ye, wasn't accounting for roleblocking/protecting/immunity powers.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe everyone has a night kill
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Just checked again, as of now QuickTopic is still down/having problems*

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    gac3 is voting for Taffimai. You missed that in your first vote count as well.

Elaborate on the Meta read?
    Huh, I remember reading it too just didn't mark it down. Reflected below.

As for the Meta read, it just feels like they're engaging more than a new mafia player would. My instinct is that if it's someone's first game plus they're on a mafia team they'll hang back and go with the flow more until wagons started. Meta threw around jokes, sure, but engaged with Snow's accusation of me and Rogan's read on me and gac. It's not the strongest read ever but it's Day 1 so enough for now.

But it sounds like you didn't think BCH was particularly wolfy either, right? Actually, was there a reason you picked BCH over any of the other players with 1 vote on them?
    So, when I put my BCH vote down, there was 1 vote for gac3, BCH, Bladescape, and Avatar Vecna (gac's vote for Taffimai came immediately after that). I wasn't going to vote Avatar Vecna (since AV is considered for a Day 1 lynch often) and picked randomly from the others.

To be fair, Cao is suspected by multiple persons, including you. So checking him would be checking someone who might be a wolf.
    I am not sure he is town either, I only have sight lean and I am biased about this. It's still enough for me to prefer a non lethal check, but I agree there are no really good targets right now, so going for Cao is a logical move. His flip could shine some light on other players, like Snow or Xi (and for everyone not me, it will shine some light on me).
    As the person in question, I prefer a non-lethal method myself. I'm sure there's a non-lethal method we can use overnight to check/confirm.

Again, this is a biased perspective but I'm not sure how much it'll shine light on other players? I got 4 votes against me but Meta didn't seem committed and AV hasn't said anything about me after the random vote.

AvatarVecna - Mostly jokes and stuff, until saying they have a kill. Even though AV could be bold enough to claim they have killing power as SK, I don't think she is. Though, 3 kills going around at night will be a lot.
    Captain Cap - asks about the setup and says there's the implication of SK and Survivor. Does not have strong feelings about wagons.
    Snowblaze - Has helped drive discussion. Even if the wagon is on me, she's at least trying to get something going. Town.
    Batcathat - Talks a lot in the first two pages, but there's something I don't like about his comment on the ominous powers. The first part: "If the whole "ominous presence" bit is something more than just flavor..." seems weird. Overall seems like a lot of talking but very much hedging bets/not making waves.
    Taffimai - Has been engaged in the game, nothing that seems wolfy but not enough for me to confidently read town.
    gac3 - I don't like gac3 right now. Just a comment of something that may be wolfy, but doesn't say it.
    Book Wombat - Have completely changed my mind from last post. My original impression was that BW was around a lot, but looking back it's mostly jokes/talking about stuff outside the game.
    Fext - Apparently helpful in finding the SK, bold statement for Day 1. Would like to see a vote down though.
    Moonfly7 - Engaged in discussion of setup, fine for now.
    Xihirli - Would like to see more.
    BladeScape - Again, I want to see more, especially a vote. But at least gave an opinion on Snow and Rogan.
    Elenna - Only a couple posts but engages right away. Town ish lean for now.
    Metastachydium - Engages throughout the day, discusses wagons, shares opinions. Town.
    Rogan - Seems town to me. Is helping drive discussion and asking lots of questions.
    SupaGoof - hasn't shown up yet, but rarely posts on weekends.

TL;DR
    Metastachydium, Moonfly7, Fext, Taffimai are new and I wouldn't vote them anyway.

Rogan, Snowblaze have done a lot to push discussion forward. Off chance that Wolf!Snow pushed my wagon to protect a buddy with votes (Rogan, Xihirli, or BCH at the time) but I'd lean Town trying to help (even at my expense).
    Elenna has only a couple posts but engages right away, so that's find.
    SupaGoof has no posts.
    AvatarVecna, Xihirli, Captain Cap will survive through the Day, but would love to know any opinions.
    BladeScape gave an opinion on Snow and Rogan, but hasn't put down a vote.
    Batcathat, Book Wombat have a deceptive amount of posts. Worried about them.
    gac3 should come back and tell us what he's thinking.

Also, @Bladescape and @Fext I'd like to see votes from you two, too.

Vote Count:

BladeScape (1): Book Wombat
    CaoimhinTheCape (4): Metastachydium, AvatarVecna, Snowblaze, Elenna
    Rogan (2): Batcathat, Xihirli
    Xihirli (1): Taffimai
    Batcathat (1): Moonfly7
    Snowblaze (1): Rogan
    Taffimai (1): gac3
    gac3 (1): CaoimhinTheCape

Not Voting: SupaGoof, Fext, BladeScape
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-10-17 at 07:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    gac3 should come back and tell us what he's thinking.

Will weigh in shortly. Sorry for the delay. I need to catch up because Ive spent the last 16 hours asleep. But my fever finally broke so I'll be relaxing and catching up because forget trying to do anything productive for real life right now.

8. - Top - End - #128

I had a thought about voting.

- - - Updated - - -

But then I decided not to.

- - - Updated - - -

Elenna

For reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Fext is absolutely not wolf/SK btw. (I'm not messing up who said SK existed right?)

- - - Updated - - -

Wombat could also be wolf.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2021-10-17 at 08:23 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello everybody.
    Gac3 I think you usually tend to live long. Would you mind getting lynched day 1 this time?
    This immediately felt off to me. This is what I had previously commented on. The wording of "you usually live long, would you mind getting lynched day 1" seems to imply that we should try to lynch off of some kind of fairness and not based on "looking for wolves".

The reason I was hesitant to mention this is two fold. 1. It might just be a stupid reason. Lots of stupid reasons are given in the first round of votes and it probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously. 2. I have to question whether the wording would have stood out if it wasn't me being named in red.

I'm sure, he won't mind if you call him Cao. Much shorter.

Sorry Bat. But do you really want to kill me day 1? Remember, as a wolf, I tend to bus my partners
    If gac turns out to be a wolf, I probably deserve to die...
    I don't know whats up with the second part with "bat you really want to kill me?" It feels like the statement, "even if I am a wolf, you shouldn't kill me." But idk.

It's extra fair because I said Afterlife had a bastard mechanic.
    I don't at all remember what the bastard mechanic was.

Well, if you insist... I will give you my reads. They are very weak, since I am better at mech and I don't have much mech to go by ...

I have some minor town points for Gac3 and Cao. They had a chance to put me at 3 votes but didn't. Both had a weak but valid reason to vote for me. They didn't, so if they want to misslynch me, they are subtle about it. I guess those points will only get relevant when one of us three flips or gets a Seer result.

For Wolf reads, I had the worst impression by you, Snow. Your positioning about Cao seems slightly off. But I am really not comfortable about this case and would not have gone there again if you hadn't asked for it.
    I'm not sure I support the logic for giving me town points here. Because, yes I did try to avoid calling them out, but if I was a wolf, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all. Hard to say for sure. I haven't been a wolf in so so long.

It's only page 2 and none of the people at two votes did anything I thought was too wolfy. Didn't want to vote someone completely new (since that doesn't help much) but I didn't have any particular reason to push one of the others up to three.

I mean, I will try to always have a vote out rather than not vote. Not sure why you wouldn't have voted: isn't putting out a random vote the townie thing to do?

I mean, self-preservation is somewhat of a concern but people tend not to be as worried early Day 1 as things can change a lot.

But you're right, it would be terrible to die on the first day of a UPick Mafia game (looks at the Day 1 lynch last game).

On the topic of how many Wolves, I'd think 3 or 4 sounds right. My instinct would be either 4, or 3 with an SK. Either of those scenarios probably have at least one Neutral around to make things interesting.

As for some quick reads: Rogan seems town to me, Meta seems town (but then again, I haven't played with them before so who knows). If I'd have to pick a third, Book's posts seem more helpful than not, so maybe Book.

Slight suspicion against gac and blade for posting here and not throwing down a vote. (possibly waiting to see what wagon gains traction and vote there?) AV might be in that group for just having a couple jokey posts but it's AV, they'll be back with a lot of info/longer posts soon enough, so neutral.

Don't like Snow's case against me but I don't know if that's an OMGUS reaction so I don't wanna accuse until I have more time to think.

I'll move to bladescape to get a vote out of him.

Vote Count:

BladeScape (2): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape
    CaoimhinTheCape (3): Metastachydium, AvatarVecna, Snowblaze
    Xihirli (2): Taffimai, Elenna

Not Voting: SupaGoof, gac3, Fext, BladeScape
    This has already been corrected but i quoted this one to point out that I had voted. So the assertion that I hadn't stands out. Especially since I had so little posts to reference.

If you think you got all wolves day 1, you are wrong much more often than right. But that's something you know, right?
    About snow:

Spoiler: Relevant quotes for Snows vote
    Show

Wolf!Snow would want to have a townie in the lead. Assuming Cao and Xi (and me) are all town, Snow would not care who gets into the lead, but she would like to have time more pressure. Maybe get a claim out of this, while still having an alternative misslynch ready. When Cao didn't vote for a two vote wagon, Snow did so herself. As a wolf, she doesn't need to be afraid of lynching a teammate, so she can be more bold about pushing wagons.

This would be the case for wolf snow, in rough terms. It's certainly possible, but not clear cut. I am looking forward to see other opinions about this situation.

About Gac3... Well, I am assuming his vague post was directed my way, since he said something about being biased. I might be wrong here, so...
    Gac3 Can you tell us what you noticed and why you were vague?

Reasons explained above.

Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    I figure that letting people know they exist is more helpful for me than trying to like hide in the shadows as well

- - - Updated - - -

after all if we lynch them today then that's the easiest game of my life
    This is a major logical fallacy unless I'm completely missing something. "It's better to let people know there is one than to hunt them from relative safety.

So you told us day 1. Yet if I remember right, we will get fluff for kills. So unless the kill is blocked we will know by the start of day 2. How much could we possibly do to hunt them in that amount of time? Meanwhile you presumably could have actually used your powers. I find this to be very SUS logic.

I'm willing to confirm there's a serial killer unless my kill power is lying to me.

No this is not a confession, paranoid person reading this.
    I had the same thought but given my above point, I'm still not convinced they definitively aren't the serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Elenna

For reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Fext is absolutely not wolf/SK btw. (I'm not messing up who said SK existed right?)

- - - Updated - - -

What?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm willing to confirm there's a serial killer unless my kill power is lying to me.

No this is not a confession, paranoid person reading this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    for the record I am able to hard-confirm that there is 100% a serial killer unless my role is lying to me

- - - Updated - - -

One time, but technically that game is still ongoing so I don't think I should say too much about it
    Wait a second... What are the odds that two town members would get specific references to the serial killer in their QT? I originally thought AV was just referencing Fext but it seems like they also are confirming the serial killer. This is a genuine confusion. I wasn't in the last UPick. So what are the odds that two townies would get serial killer targeting powers and confirmation and that one of them isn't a serial killer?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Instead of a Seer and Devil who can scry your alignment/role, their power was "gain access to the target's role QT". So if you had "scried" somebody, you could see what I told them their role/alignment was...and any notes they made for themselves in there...and what their power targeting was...and any QTs that were created involving them.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Morning. My QT appears to be working.

In other news: yeah, Fext is almost certainly a neutral trying to kill the Serial Killer. Would still appreciate confirmation, though. Also, Fext, if you are a neutral, what happens to you if the SK dies before endgame?

Noting for future reference: Elenna/Caoimhin not w/w, but if Caoimhin flips town suspect Elenna (fourth vote could be seen as opportunistic/piggybacking off my fairly weak reasoning).

That being said, I’m not really a massive fan of Caoimhin’s reads list. A good portion of it is kind of IIOA-y and the read on me is just. Caoimhin should know that I’m perfectly capable of “helping drive discussion” as a wolf. Feels like TMI.

Leaving my vote where it is, then, unless a better option presents itself.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright, my beauty sleep's been had and I'm BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I would love to have one but I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Elenna

For reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That is unnecessarily cryptic and I don't really like that.

This immediately felt off to me. This is what I had previously commented on. The wording of "you usually live long, would you mind getting lynched day 1" seems to imply that we should try to lynch off of some kind of fairness and not based on "looking for wolves".

The reason I was hesitant to mention this is two fold. 1. It might just be a stupid reason. Lots of stupid reasons are given in the first round of votes and it probably wasn't meant to be taken seriously. 2. I have to question whether the wording would have stood out if it wasn't me being named in red.
    Well argued. I'm off of your back for now.

I don't know whats up with the second part with "bat you really want to kill me?" It feels like the statement, "even if I am a wolf, you shouldn't kill me." But idk.
    That's a bit of a stretch, if you ask me, but hey, we work with what we have.

So you told us day 1. Yet if I remember right, we will get fluff for kills. So unless the kill is blocked we will know by the start of day 2. How much could we possibly do to hunt them in that amount of time? Meanwhile you presumably could have actually used your powers. I find this to be very SUS logic.
    Yes, the logic is questionable, but I've seen worse stuff (like, a vigilante revealing himself in acult game on day one). I'll give Fext the benefit of the doubt.

Wait a second... What are the odds that two town members would get specific references to the serial killer in their QT? I originally thought AV was just referencing Fext but it seems like they also are confirming the serial killer. This is a genuine confusion. I wasn't in the last UPick. So what are the odds that two townies would get serial killer targeting powers and confirmation and that one of them isn't a serial killer?
    I absolutely intend to try and get AV lynched at some point (if they are one of the hostiles, that's gonna hurt; also, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with them having a kill power, even if its use sounds conditional and limited), but not quite yet. They can be a useful asset, and the real risk lies in letting them live to the endgame.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post

I absolutely intend to try and get AV lynched at some point (if they are one of the hostiles, that's gonna hurt; also, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with them having a kill power, even if its use sounds conditional and limited), but not quite yet. They can be a useful asset, and the real risk lies in letting them live to the endgame.
    So what exactly is your stance on AV? Do you think they’re a wolf?

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #134

So what exactly is your stance on AV? Do you think they’re a wolf?
    No. But I don't know that they aren't that or the killer or something worse yet, and if they are… That's bound to be a problem.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

No. But I don't know that they aren't that or the killer or something worse yet, and if they are… That's bound to be a problem.
    Yeah, it is.

But. We can’t just get to a stage of “policy kill AV for existing and not being nightkilled”. Because if we do that, wolves will just leave town!AV alive because they know they’ll be policy-killed down the line, one free mislynch.

...I think I don’t know how to read you. On the one hand, Caoimhin’s point is kind of valid, you’re contributing to discussion and giving thoughts and none of them scream wolf, which for a newbie is generally mildly towny.

But there’s just been these little things from you that keep giving me mild pings, and even though I can attribute them to newbieness or playstyle difference... after a while it starts to add up, and I start wondering, what if it’s because you’re a wolf?

This thing is a good example of my general point, because I can totally see how town would think “AV is a scary wolf, they need to die at some point”. But like, the way it comes across as “I’m going to try and kill AV, but not right now” is setting my radar off. That makes a lot more sense coming from a wolfy mindset of “I’m going to mislynch X today, and then I’m setting myself up to go after Y tomorrow”.

Meh. You can get a pass for now. I think with more flips and information to work with I can turn this confused mess into something a bit more certain.

...maybe.

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #136

That is unnecessarily cryptic and I don't really like that.
    Anything you wanna ask about?

I'm an open book.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm an open book.
    Thoughts on my confused mess above, and whether I’m just jumping at shadows or there’s actually something to it?

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

Book Wombat - Have completely changed my mind from last post. My original impression was that BW was around a lot, but looking back it's mostly jokes/talking about stuff outside the game.
    That's me, the wombat you all love (and maybe hate).

Maybe it was a general addendum to all kill powers? Dunno.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

19. - Top - End - #139

Yeah, it is.

But. We can’t just get to a stage of “policy kill AV for existing and not being nightkilled”. Because if we do that, wolves will just leave town!AV alive because they know they’ll be policy-killed down the line, one free mislynch.

...I think I don’t know how to read you. On the one hand, Caoimhin’s point is kind of valid, you’re contributing to discussion and giving thoughts and none of them scream wolf, which for a newbie is generally mildly towny.

But there’s just been these little things from you that keep giving me mild pings, and even though I can attribute them to newbieness or playstyle difference... after a while it starts to add up, and I start wondering, what if it’s because you’re a wolf?

This thing is a good example of my general point, because I can totally see how town would think “AV is a scary wolf, they need to die at some point”. But like, the way it comes across as “I’m going to try and kill AV, but not right now” is setting my radar off. That makes a lot more sense coming from a wolfy mindset of “I’m going to mislynch X today, and then I’m setting myself up to go after Y tomorrow”.

Meh. You can get a pass for now. I think with more flips and information to work with I can turn this confused mess into something a bit more certain.

...maybe.
    I'm just worried about AV. They are too good to trust, that's all.
    Also, I might have started the wagon on the Cape, but it's hardly my original joke reason that has folks pile up on him like that.

I'm an open book.
    Yup. What are those "reasons"? Why do you suspect the Wombat? What's this "I had a thought about voting, but then I decided not to" business about? Stuff like that.

Maybe it was a general addendum to all kill powers? Dunno.
    I kind of doubt that. What purpose would that serve?
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-10-17 at 05:16 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

ClericGuy

Hello again. After a good night's sleep and some food, I am now ready to go on here.

I intend to gather quotes and replies in one post, but for the beginning:

QT is working for me again (as well).

Do you have a night kill? If yes, is the serial killer mentioned in your description?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

21. - Top - End - #141

Thoughts on my confused mess above, and whether I’m just jumping at shadows or there’s actually something to it?
    So much waffle.

Needs some syrup.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. What are those "reasons"? Why do you suspect the Wombat? What's this "I had a thought about voting, but then I decided not to" business about? Stuff like that.
    Here, let's number them for convenience:

1. Reasons are reasons. Pretty easy.

2. Wombat's posting has been mildly in what I think is wolfish.

3. I had a thought about voting. But then I decided not to.

Seems like all of them are fairly self-explanitory.

22. - Top - End - #142

[Glares.] Fine. Be that way.
    Just make sure to note that your posting's being mildly in what I think is fishy.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Elenna

For reasons.
    Bladescape being annoyingly cryptic. Not that unusual for him. I'd like to know what these reasons are but I suspect he's not going to say.

I strongly suspect at least one of them is neutral. That being said, two people with what sounds like specifically anti-SK powers is a lot, given that SK it's already quite a hard role to win with. Probably the SK also has other strong powers (similar to last game when they were immune to all kills except the lynch). Even so, AV did win as SK last game, but that's just because AV's good - I felt like the balance last game was fine, the S!K certainly didn't need two other people countering them. Although AV didn't actually say that their kill only works on the SK. Maybe AV is targetting a larger group of people and their role just happens to specifically mention the SK.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and my QT still isn't working.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Morning. My QT appears to be working.

In other news: yeah, Fext is almost certainly a neutral trying to kill the Serial Killer. Would still appreciate confirmation, though. Also, Fext, if you are a neutral, what happens to you if the SK dies before endgame?

Noting for future reference: Elenna/Caoimhin not w/w, but if Caoimhin flips town suspect Elenna (fourth vote could be seen as opportunistic/piggybacking off my fairly weak reasoning).

That being said, I’m not really a massive fan of Caoimhin’s reads list. A good portion of it is kind of IIOA-y and the read on me is just. Caoimhin should know that I’m perfectly capable of “helping drive discussion” as a wolf. Feels like TMI.
    Leaving my vote where it is, then, unless a better option presents itself.
    So I'm new, and I think that means that day one you should take what I say with a grain of salt. But this above post feels very fishy to me. The bit about caoimhin knowing they're "perfectly capable of helping drive a discussion" rubs me the wrong way in ways I can't explain. It's a perfectly reasonable thing to say but it feels almost to vague, a good deflect that isn't gonna be questioned but just feels WAY to artificial to me. I don't have anything concrete though, just a newbies gut feeling, so take that as you will.

I'm not sure I support the logic for giving me town points here. Because, yes I did try to avoid calling them out, but if I was a wolf, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all. Hard to say for sure. I haven't been a wolf in so so long.

This has already been corrected but i quoted this one to point out that I had voted. So the assertion that I hadn't stands out. Especially since I had so little posts to reference.

Reasons explained above.

This is a major logical fallacy unless I'm completely missing something. "It's better to let people know there is one than to hunt them from relative safety.

I had the same thought but given my above point, I'm still not convinced they definitively aren't the serial killer.

What?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah AV and Fext have rocketed up on my suspicion meter. I might change my vote to one of them later.

Also I just want to say: for whatever it's worth, I don't think it's Cao. The reasoning he posted felt like the logic of someone wanting to catch the wolves, or at least solve a mystery. He didn't seem like he was trying to protect himself to me, which honestly he should have been. Either he's got a death-activated power, and/or he's not a wolf or SK and wants to catch them above survival.

Just my two cents on that though.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-17 at 07:53 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

So, I'm not sure what IIOA is so I don't know exactly how to comment on this. When I looked through the thread, I saw a number of people not giving much in the way of explanations. Sure, you could be trying to lead the town as a Wolf but as far as Day 1 goes, I'd prefer to target people who haven't weighed in.

Also...

You say how I describe Meta is "kind of valid", so at least you can see the logic in that part.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Elenna

For reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Blade, your reasons (for voting Elenna) are not clear and you know that. I looked through your posts and couldn't find any other mention of her.

I do understand what you mean about Book, I'll give you that.

So, I missed your vote because it wasn't all that long and right below mine. At this point you all have played with me enough - you know I'm not intending to mislead with the vote counts, if I miss something it's cause I legitimately didn't see it. Since I thought you weren't voting, you got the callout too.

Gonna unvote gac, now that there's a bit of an explanation (which sounds reasonable).

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape
    That's me, the wombat you all love (and maybe hate).
    Book Wombat, I wouldn't say hate but I wish that you would put forward an opinion on someone? Your random vote is on Blade, do you actually want to see blade lynched or is there someone you prefer?

You still having no reads from Day 1 doesn't give us much to judge you on going forward.

Vote Count:

Book Wombat (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    Elenna (1): BladeScape

Not Voting: SupaGoof, Fext

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Also I just want to say: for whatever it's worth, I don't think it's Cao. The reasoning he posted felt like the logic of someone wanting to catch the wolves, or at least solve a mystery. He didn't seem like he was trying to protect himself to me, which honestly he should have been. Either he's got a death-activated power, and/or he's not a wolf or SK and wants to catch them above survival.

Just my two cents on that though.
    So, I appreciate the defense of me but as it stands I'm going to clearly be lynched. If you have someone else you suspect more, I'd ask that you change your vote to them - both to help me hopefully not die and so that you put pressure on someone you see as suspicious.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

So, I'm not sure what IIOA is so I don't know exactly how to comment on this. When I looked through the thread, I saw a number of people not giving much in the way of explanations. Sure, you could be trying to lead the town as a Wolf but as far as Day 1 goes, I'd prefer to target people who haven't weighed in.

Also...

You say how I describe Meta is "kind of valid", so at least you can see the logic in that part.

Blade, your reasons (for voting Elenna) are not clear and you know that. I looked through your posts and couldn't find any other mention of her.

So, I missed your vote because it wasn't all that long and right below mine. At this point you all have played with me enough - you know I'm not intending to mislead with the vote counts, if I miss something it's cause I legitimately didn't see it. Since I thought you weren't voting, you got the callout too.

Gonna unvote gac, now that there's a bit of an explanation (which sounds reasonable).

Book Wombat, I wouldn't say hate but I wish that you would put forward an opinion on someone? Your random vote is on Blade, do you actually want to see blade lynched or is there someone you prefer?

You still having no reads from Day 1 doesn't give us much to judge you on going forward.

Vote Count:

Book Wombat (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    Elenna (1): BladeScape

Not Voting: SupaGoof, Fext

- - - Updated - - -

So, I appreciate the defense of me but as it stands I'm going to clearly be lynched. If you have someone else you suspect more, I'd ask that you change your vote to them - both to help me hopefully not die and so that you put pressure on someone you see as suspicious.
    As a matter of fact, I was about to do just that.
    Batcathat was my joke vote before I knew anything, but now I'm seriously questioning Snowblaze I'm sorry that it won't be enough to save you on its own, though.

I will say this: AV is suspicious, lots of p9sts have questioned their SK and kill ability mention. No one is wondering why Snow, AV, and Meta, who I do not have an opinion on but has been flagged by others, are all voting for Cao? Yeah they could just think it's him, but I'm not sure on that. I'm a suspicious man, and paranoid to boot, but that looks like a well hidden conspiracy to me. Especially when you add that the mysterious Blade has voted Elena. I think blade is playing the "photo I am mysterious" game to mess with everyone, but I think that you would only do that if you aren't a wolf. Meaning that he might have a legit reason for voting them, like a power or role he doesn't want to give up.

Added together it isn't much I grant you, but I feel like there are WAY more suspicious people we could be focusing on than Cao. I think that killing them now is gonna take out a town, or at the least a neutral.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Snowblaze's posts feeling vaguely suspicious just means Snowblaze is being Snowblaze. In my experience, there's nothing Snow has said that is out of the ordinary for Town!Snow.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

28. - Top - End - #148

[Glares.] Fine. Be that way.
    Just make sure to note that your posting's being mildly in what I think is fishy.
    That's good. I like fish.

- - - Updated - - -

Bladescape being annoyingly cryptic. Not that unusual for him. I'd like to know what these reasons are but I suspect he's not going to say.
    Reasons:

You might have dipped in red paint.

- - - Updated - - -

Information Instead of Analysis.

I mean. I was partially seeing what would happen if I said that.

Results inconclusive.

But do you know what is conclusive?

Snowblaze

I'm going to prod and see what pops out.

(Quick! Here's your chance to say "Blade is bandwagoning" and vote me! Sale ends soon!)

- - - Updated - - -

Snowblaze's posts feeling vaguely suspicious just means Snowblaze is being Snowblaze. In my experience, there's nothing Snow has said that is out of the ordinary for Town!Snow.
    Last two town games I called her as town correctly.

Slight ego makes me sus her because I am not calling her as town yet.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

wink Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Okay. I have a wagon now. Duly noted.

I quite liked Moonfly's recent posting (even though I disagree with it!) so if there's a wolf voting for me I'd say it's bladescape. I don't particularly have any reasons to wolfread him, though.

(Also, last two town games? I'm fairly sure I've only played with town!you once.)

Doing family stuff late afternoon/early evening so I don't know how much longer I'll be around, but I'll try and get some proper reads/thoughts/general stuff in thread in the next hour or so.

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #150

Okay. I have a wagon now. Duly noted.

I quite liked Moonfly's recent posting (even though I disagree with it!) so if there's a wolf voting for me I'd say it's bladescape. I don't particularly have any reasons to wolfread him, though.

(Also, last two town games? I'm fairly sure I've only played with town!you once.)

Doing family stuff late afternoon/early evening so I don't know how much longer I'll be around, but I'll try and get some proper reads/thoughts/general stuff in thread in the next hour or so.
    Oh yeah one of those games I was a wolf in, wasn't I.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    As a matter of fact, I was about to do just that.
    Batcathat was my joke vote before I knew anything, but now I'm seriously questioning Snowblaze I'm sorry that it won't be enough to save you on its own, though.

I will say this: AV is suspicious, lots of p9sts have questioned their SK and kill ability mention. No one is wondering why Snow, AV, and Meta, who I do not have an opinion on but has been flagged by others, are all voting for Cao? Yeah they could just think it's him, but I'm not sure on that. I'm a suspicious man, and paranoid to boot, but that looks like a well hidden conspiracy to me. Especially when you add that the mysterious Blade has voted Elena. I think blade is playing the "photo I am mysterious" game to mess with everyone, but I think that you would only do that if you aren't a wolf. Meaning that he might have a legit reason for voting them, like a power or role he doesn't want to give up.

Added together it isn't much I grant you, but I feel like there are WAY more suspicious people we could be focusing on than Cao. I think that killing them now is gonna take out a town, or at the least a neutral.
    This is a surprisingly accurate description of my "Mysterious" play.

Though I will straight up say that Elanna vote had nothing to do with power or role.

It was entirely me poking fingers.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna say Moonfly is just town too.

Can go in my little box of townies.