New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

You accuse me of joking when I act to protect the Seer!?
    And as to "the kill question," I have no idea what you are referring to.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    This:
    Maybe everyone has a night kill
    So, do you have a night kill?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yeah. If you are serious, please explain why and how I am supposed to kill the Seer?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah. If you are serious, please explain why and how I am supposed to kill the Seer?
    With your super secret seer slayer skill of course.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

5. - Top - End - #215

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    With your super secret seer slayer skill of course.
    I have to admit, I have chuckled.

But I hope to get some more informative and/or alignment indicative posts. Can you help me there, Book?
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

We've only got about 2 hours left, so unless those of us who haven't voted drop some bombshells or there's last minute changes, we might be losing Cao, but perhaps not if things go different than they have been.

7. - Top - End - #217

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hmm. I admit to having forgot that we're on BST right now. I originally meant 22:00 my time, which is to say 22:00 BST, but I'll keep it as GMT having accidentally written it as that, so yeah, another (just shy of) 2 hours.

8. - Top - End - #218

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    You know, looking back, I do think it off that when I challenged Cap and told him that appearances mattered he almost did a 180 and started being heavier on the snow wagon. I know Cao and I were telling him to vote, but it's not like just voting is the same as suddenly being more cooperative and picking a side.
    Probably nothing but I think it would be remiss not to mention it.
    You told me it would be helpful for town to take a stance, so I did. And honestly I don't understand the part about only voting: did you expect me to just strike a name in red, with no reasoning or justification? Like a coin toss?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    You told me it would be helpful for town to take a stance, so I did. And honestly I don't understand the part about only voting: did you expect me to just strike a name in red, with no reasoning or justification? Like a coin toss?
    No, no, it was really more a musing than anything, I mostly think your ok. Just felt a little off when I was rereading and thought I'd mention it. Even if I look stupid doing it, I'd rather be over cautious than under.

10. - Top - End - #220

ClericGuy

We've only got about 2 hours left, so unless those of us who haven't voted drop some bombshells or there's last minute changes, we might be losing Cao, but perhaps not if things go different than they have been.
    Unavenger please help me. I'm confused about the time zones. How long till the day ends? Already answered.

Since there isn't much activity at the moment and considering the state of affairs, it is indeed likely we will loose Cao. The only realistic way to change this would be one of his voters to switch to snow.

Vote Count:
    BladeScape (1): Book Wombat
    CaoimhinTheCape (6): Metastachydium, AvatarVecna, Snowblaze, Elenna, Batcathat, Taffimai
    Rogan (1): Xihirli
    Snowblaze (4): Rogan, Moonfly7, BladeScape, Captain Cap
    Taffimai (1): gac3

Not Voting: SupaGoof, Fext, CaoimhinTheCape
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-17 at 03:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, when there is no good reason to suspect someone as wolf, voting for a fair distribution of the lynch sounds like a good enough reason. Sure, it's only slightly better than random, but what do you expect from the first post of the game?
    So, thinking about it some more, I think I should not give you town points for not voting me with a OMGUS, explanation. Maybe even a slight scum lean, since it could be a subtle way to accuse me which didn't work out. Opinions, anybody?

The "Bat do you really want to kill me?" was a joke reply to a vote I don't take terribly serious. But your reading is partly right. I think I am bad at hiding my allies. See love letter. When my joke / distance vote for AV suddenly gained traction and put her in the lead, I was getting nervous. So keeping wolf!me alive might be more helpful than lynching me immediately.

Gac, do you think the mistake stands out in a negative way? What do you think would be the reason to fake it?

I'm not sure if I understand your line of thought correctly. You say Fext didn't use an optimal strategy, so he is scum? The same logic was used by AV last game to push a misslynch. In addition, let's assume Fext has a way to survive a night kill (or every kill by the killer). By going public when the topic of SK was discussed, he doesn't lose much, but gains some support by town. Sure, it could be a trick, but it would be quite bold.

Somehow, I am getting the impression you are suspecting everyone and everything... AV might still be the killer? Why would AV tell us she has some special knowledge about the killer while she is the killer herself? Sure, she gains a bit of town cred, but she gains even more attention. Seems like a bad risk/reward ratio.

Now, those are good questions. I think, there is currently the hypothesis that every killing power has a line about the SK. It would be nice to get confirmation for this, but this would require yet another killing power to be active.
    My own vague impression is, Fext and AV had different sources. I could speculate some more, but I am not sure if this would be helpful.
    I'm not saying next is scum for telling us. I'm saying that town gains nothing and they potentially lose a lot from their strategy.

I genuinely don't think AV is the serial killer. I'm more suspicious of Fext if one of the two is. What are the odds that AV would be the serial killer twice in this type of game.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Caoimhin, this claim is pertinently untrue. You've been throwing your votes around willy-nilly all day, always just to get a response out of people, never for anyone who had 2 or more votes already, and always removing them quickly after so there really wasn't any chance for the players who were coming after (like myself) to create a third wagon. At this point I'm feeling the lady protests too much. You may be town, but I think it'll be better to pick a side rather than to stay with my joke vote.
    The people who had two or more votes include myself, Rogan (who I town-read), and Xihirli. Snow has also passed 2 votes. I will not vote myself, I'd rather not vote Rogan, and have town-read Snow. If you're saying Xihirli is a bad choice of a wagon (with only your joke vote remaining until you voted for me) I have no wagon of 2+ votes to join and what you're asking is impossible.

I will vote Rogan or more likely Snow if it comes down to that but I've tried to create other wagons that I believed in more than my town reads and one based on a random vote.

Vote: Snowblaze so I have a chance to live, but there hasn't been a single wagon I liked all Day and no one is interested in creating a new one. I should be around enough until deadline in case anything changes.

Vote Count:
    CaoimhinTheCape (6): Metastachydium, AvatarVecna, Snowblaze, Elenna, Batcathat, Taffimai
    Snowblaze (5): Rogan, Moonfly7, BladeScape, Captain Cap, CaoimhinTheCape
    Taffimai (1): gac3

Not Voting: SupaGoof, Fext
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-10-17 at 03:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I will vote Rogan or more likely Snow if it comes down to that but I've tried to create other wagons that I believed in more than my town reads and one based on a random vote.
    Why Rogan now and not Bladescape, when you've voted Bladescape earlier today and think Rogan is town?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #224

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I'm not saying next is scum for telling us. I'm saying that town gains nothing and they potentially lose a lot from their strategy.

I genuinely don't think AV is the serial killer. I'm more suspicious of Fext if one of the two is. What are the odds that AV would be the serial killer twice in this type of game.
    "I find this to be very SUS logic. "
    That's your conclusion. SUS is suspicious, right? So if you don't think he is scum for telling us, what did you mean with your sentence?

About the odds, about 1/player_count_game1 * 1/player_count_game2. But since we know AV was SK in game 1 and I am going to assume the games are independent... approximately 1/15. Does this help you?
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-17 at 04:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

What are the tie rules?

I think it's the first person to reach that vote. So if the count is accurate, Snowblaze.

- - - Updated - - -

"I find this to be very SUS logic. "
    That's your conclusion. SUS is suspicious, right? So if you don't think he is scum for telling us, what did you mean with your sentence?

About the odds, about 1/player_count_game1 * 1/player_count_game2. But since we know AV was SK in game 1 and I am going to assume the games are independent... approximately 1/15. Does this help you?
    Also AV seems to have relatively helped clear my Fext suspicions.

16. - Top - End - #226

Why Rogan now and not Bladescape, when you've voted Bladescape earlier today and think Rogan is town?
    I was specifically responding to your comment about people with 2+ votes on them and Blade only had 1 vote (aside from when I moved there). Blade is fine for a lynch, and I would prefer Blade to Rogan.

Vote Count:
    Snowblaze (6): Rogan, Moonfly7, BladeScape, Captain Cap, CaoimhinTheCape, gac3

Not Voting: SupaGoof, Fext

17. - Top - End - #227

RedKnightGirl

What are the tie rules?

I think it's the first person to reach that vote. So if the count is accurate, Snowblaze.
    Tied votes will kill the person who was first to get to at least that many votes the last time they did so. For example, if Xihirli is at 4 votes, then AvatarVecna is at 4 votes, then Xihirli drops to 3 votes and goes back up to 4 votes, AvatarVecna will die, not Xihirli.
    So by my interpretation, Caoimhin is still getting lynched. Why Snow?

How?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

18. - Top - End - #228

ClericGuy

What are the tie rules?

I think it's the first person to reach that vote. So if the count is accurate, Snowblaze
    Yeah, the first to reach at least this vote count for the last time. (So if you drop below the count and get back up, it will reset; but if you go above and get back down, it will remain) This means your vote puts Snow up to the tie, but Cao is still in the lead since he got there first.

Did you mean to put Snow in the lead somehow?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

No I think Snow is now, that vote for snow just made it 6 to cao's 6, with Snow being the most recent to reach that number.

Edit: Never mind, misunderstood the rules, Cao is still dead unless Snow gets up to 7
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-17 at 04:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

ClericGuy

I don't get the connection to my post / questions. Please elaborate.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

Voting for CaoimhinTheCape.

Spoiler: Ren to Red
    Show

BEGIN RED STOP PROJECT SCALE THREE SLASH FIVE COMPLETE COMMA REQUEST COLON WORM COMMA TRIGGER COMMA SERUM COMMA ANTIDOTE STOP TRANSPORT BROKEN COMMA ANOMALOUS WEATHER STOP ACTIVATE ECHO STOP REN END

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232

RedKnightGirl

No I think Snow is now, that vote for snow just made it 6 to cao's 6, with Snow being the most recent to reach that number.
    But Caoimhin was at six first. That's how I read it. And all of a sudden I'm really excited about this "tie"!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

How?
    1. Snow because I want to see what happens when they are tied. Me voting snow doesn't save cape. But might trigger someone else to do something. Especially since there's two people not voting and at least one voting for someone with no other votes.

2. They said their power mentioned serial killer and the anti serial killer. Which if that is to be believed, they have confirmed that there is an existing non-serial killer besides themselves that would know of the serial killer.

Yeah, the first to reach at least this vote count for the last time. (So if you drop below the count and get back up, it will reset; but if you go above and get back down, it will remain) This means your vote puts Snow up to the tie, but Cao is still in the lead since he got there first.

Did you mean to put Snow in the lead somehow?
    I did not. I meant to tie it to see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the connection to my post / questions. Please elaborate.
    I felt like we were specifically discussing my suspicions of Fext and as stated above, AV's claim of their powers makes Text's claims seem more legit.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show

BEGIN RED STOP PROJECT SCALE THREE SLASH FIVE COMPLETE COMMA REQUEST COLON WORM COMMA TRIGGER COMMA SERUM COMMA ANTIDOTE STOP TRANSPORT BROKEN COMMA ANOMALOUS WEATHER STOP ACTIVATE ECHO STOP REN END
    Hmmm
    1. Snow because I want to see what happens when they are tied. Me voting snow doesn't save cape. But might trigger someone else to do something. Especially since there's two people not voting and at least one voting for someone with no other votes.

2. They said their power mentioned serial killer and the anti serial killer. Which if that is to be believed, they have confirmed that there is an existing non-serial killer besides themselves that would know of the serial killer.

Well Gac, I must say I think your tie may have done something. There's no way to prove thats why wombat just dropped a vote like they did, but I will say that it's definitley suspicious, especially since Cao was losing. Headging their bets to keep an ally safe, since the vote was getting to close with Snow? Or just a coincidence?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm

Well Gac, I must say I think your tie may have done something. There's no way to prove thats why wombat just dropped a vote like they did, but I will say that it's definitley suspicious, especially since Cao was losing. Headging their bets to keep an ally safe, since the vote was getting to close with Snow? Or just a coincidence?
    Agreed. It might not give us info now but if Snow or Book flip wolf at any point, it gives us reason to check the other out at least.

26. - Top - End - #236

ClericGuy

Show

Some town points for the Spoiler. I have no idea what it is supposed to mean, but a wolf would not need to communicate in code. They have a private chat and are allowed to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

I felt like we were specifically discussing my suspicions of Fext and as stated above, AV's claim of their powers makes Text's claims seem more legit.
    An excellent reason for the vote. I was just a bit confused about your wording. You get some town points again, especially if Snow happens to be a wolf.

Okay, I see your point a bit better now.
    But at first you were suspicious and changed your opinion later, right?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Firbolg in the Playground

(Do also note that there might be a vote manipulator lurking in one of the wagons and subsequently the tie wasn't necessarily going to resolve as expected.)

Some town points for the Spoiler. I have no idea what it is supposed to mean, but a wolf would not need to communicate in code. They have a private chat and are allowed to use it.
    Codes are illegal and that came up in the thread before. It might just be roleplaying.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-10-17 at 04:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

Codes as in ciphers, not as in mysterious communications.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

An excellent reason for the vote. I was just a bit confused about your wording. You get some town points again, especially if Snow happens to be a wolf.

Okay, I see your point a bit better now.
    But at first you were suspicious and changed your opinion later, right?
    I was suspicious because of AV's claim. I wasn't sure why two anti serial killers existed and why both would claim so close to each other. If one was lying, I was leaning towards Fext. But AV's details that came out later made supported Text's claimed role.

30. - Top - End - #240

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    (Do also note that there might be a vote manipulator lurking in one of the wagons and subsequently the tie wasn't necessarily going to resolve as expected.)

Codes are illegal and that came up in the thread before. It might just be roleplaying.
    I know, I was the one to point it out. I guess we are in a kind of gray area regarding the rules. If I had to judge, I would say the post is OK in the context of this game. But I don't have to judge.

I was suspicious because of AV's claim. I wasn't sure why two anti serial killers existed and why both would claim so close to each other. If one was lying, I was leaning towards Fext. But AV's details that came out later made supported Text's claimed role.
    Thanks again. I think your position is clear now.
    Show