A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Help me sell out, GitP. Please.

Trying won't hurt, and your posts consistently both give good information and spark interesting discussions on 5e and D&D in general. Not to mention that the Playground's forum environment is one of the better ones to have these discussions in, in my opinion.

So yeah, "I'd like jaapleton's name added to the list of people that get advanced copies." Very much so.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

I'd like jaapleton's name added to the list of people that get advanced copies.

Appreciate all the news we get! Thanks!
    Last edited by RSP; 2021-10-13 at 05:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

I'm incredibly touched and grateful for the support. Truly, I wish I had the properly vocabulary to express how much this support means.
    Avatar courteously cleaned up by thoroughlyS

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I look forward to your posts, jaapleton. Count me in. I'd like jaappleton's name added to the list of people that get advanced copies.

Rock on!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like jaappleton to be added to the list of people that get advanced copies.
    Last son of the Lu-Ching dynasty

thog is the champion, thog's friends! and thog keeps on fighting to the end!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

As I've found his posts useful and interesting, I would like jaappleton to be added to the list of people that get advanced copies.

GitP is the primary place I read about 5th edition, so this would be very useful to me.
    Awaken an animal and you make them smart for the rest of their life; Teach your Awakened animal to be a druid and they will create a new race and take over the world.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

I wanr you all to know I have sent the email to the powers that be.

I sent them this post, as well as a list of my previous posts in the last month which shows engagement and topic views.

At this point, if they even read it is out of my hands... But I think I went as far as I could.

Fingers crossed.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone on this forum was to be considered, I'd want it to be jaappleton.

This would have been my response even if a different forum member was after the position.

edit: oh right, key phrase:

"I would like jaappleton to be added to the list of people that get advanced copies."
    Last edited by Zhorn; 2021-10-13 at 08:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I would like jaappleton to be added to the list of people that get advanced copies.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

WotC really needs to pay more attention to this wonderful forum.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'll throw my hat in the ring and say that I'd like to see jaappleton get this opportunity to further help the community.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

I exclusively get my D&D input from the GitP forum.
    English is my second language, but I will be more than happy to explain myself in Danish.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralanr View Post
    It would be nice to get this information off of forums I go to rather than scouring youtube videos.
    This. This so much.

"I'd like jaapleton's name added to the list of people that get advanced copies."

Please, WoTC?
    Avatar by the gracious and talented smutmulch!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

For whatever it's worth, I would also like Jaappelton to be added to the list of advance copy people. I do most of my D&D news and discussions here and it would be great if we had someone like him telling us what's what. He already does in a limited capacity through his unusual insight but if he could be more official it would be cool.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

For what it's worth, I also would like to see Jaappelton added to the list of people who get early copies. I know I don't post on the 5e forums a lot, but I do play 5e and read threads here for news and insights in the game, and probably get most of my news from here. Having a post I can read at my own pace and easily scan for relevant quotes is definitely an advantage over getting news from YouTube that I cannot consume at my leisure.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

I would like jaappleton to be added to the list of people that receive advance copies.

17. - Top - End - #47

DwarfFighterGuy

I absolutely agree, jaappleton should be given access to advance copies.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Let's just hope that Belkar's luck on Listen Checks hasn't become contagious somehow.

19. - Top - End - #49

SolithKnightGuy

I too would like jaappleton to be added to the list of people that get advanced copies.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by jaappleton View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I've been posting on this forum for a few years now, basically since shortly after the official WOTC forums were closed.

I've made some friends here. And met some people whose opinions I've truly come to respect, and met some people I legitimately admire.

I come to you now to ask for your assistance, and with an odd request.

Help me sell out to WOTC.

For quite a long time here on GitP, I've made provided you all with upcoming news and announcements on upcoming D&D products. I very much like to believe that those 'educated guesses' I have made on upcoming announcements and products have been pretty accurate.

And now, I'd very much like to ask you all for a favor. Please.

With each D&D book release, WOTC sends out copies to various influencers, so they can share previews and get people hyped up about the products. Typically people with a large social media presence. And rarely, occasionally, to forums.

I've noticed GitP has been left off that list. And I'm looking to change that.

I don't have much of a social media presence. So I'm asking for your assistance.

If you'd be so kind, I'd like you to respond saying you'd like my name added to the list of people that get advanced copies, so I can share them with you all here. My goal is to get this topic a lot of activity, so I might be able to send it to the proper people (I know who, believe me) at WOTC and maybe get this goal accomplished, and share with you all previews of books (Whatever WOTC is willing to let me share, of course).

I know this is a long shot. And could very well be, ultimately, a futile effort. However, I'd like to shoot my shot, as it were.

I figure its worth a chance.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated or employed with Giant in the Playground, Rich Burlow, Order of the Stick, or Wizards of the Coast or any of its competitors.
    Heck yeah! Would love to see you get this. That would be incredible dude, and not just cuz Id get pics from inside the book

21. - Top - End - #51

You have my sword,
    And my bow,
    And my axe!

Keep up the good work, and I hope you sell out successfully.
    When I ask how to get a nail out of piece of wood, please don't tell me why screws are better fastners.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Roc-rocks fall fall and everybody dies-dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftafp View Post
    Acid comes in a burlap sack, arrows come in a vase
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Newton's 3rd law of motion seems to apply in 5e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalance View Post
    Weaponized chickens will be fed ball bearings. When ready to use, feed them a potion of alche-seltzer, then toss at enemy. Cruel, but effective.

22. - Top - End - #52

BarbarianGuy

i've heard at least three people say something about apples keeping doctors away, and going to the doctor is expensive, so i figure a guy like jaappleton with the word "apple" in his name must be trustworthy. i support him as my news source.
    I usually post from my phone, so please excuse any horrendous typos.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 b4k4 View Post
    [to somebody getting upset over somebody else's house rule] Maybe you should take a break, you're getting rather worked up over magic elf games.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rlc View Post
    i've heard at least three people say something about apples keeping doctors away, and going to the doctor is expensive, so i figure a guy like jaappleton with the word "apple" in his name must be trustworthy. i support him as my news source.
    CAN'T ARGUE WITH ANY OF THIS LOGIC! Strictly facts!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

The only internet presence I have, is most likely that most people find me irritating, a nuisance even, only because I speak up my mind instead of trying to butter-up everything.

That said, I do appreciate your insights very much. On the other hand, I despise twitter in general, and don't use facebook that much either, so what I think probably doesn't matter much in the big media.
    My Homebrew:
    Don't look for an insult when there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Ongoing game & character:
    Sigurd Eilifsson, Ulfen Barbarian 3/Bard 2/Dragon Disciple 6 (Second Darkness; Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign (D&D 3.5)

25. - Top - End - #55

I choose jaappleton as my bard of choice for the kingdoms of Dungeons & Dragons, and request his name be carried into the hallowed halls of those scions chosen to receive advance copies.

Let's help put you through bard school.

26. - Top - End - #56

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by jaappleton View Post
    Hello, everyone.

I've been posting on this forum for a few years now, basically since shortly after the official WOTC forums were closed.

I've made some friends here. And met some people whose opinions I've truly come to respect, and met some people I legitimately admire.

I come to you now to ask for your assistance, and with an odd request.

Help me sell out to WOTC.

For quite a long time here on GitP, I've made provided you all with upcoming news and announcements on upcoming D&D products. I very much like to believe that those 'educated guesses' I have made on upcoming announcements and products have been pretty accurate.

And now, I'd very much like to ask you all for a favor. Please.

With each D&D book release, WOTC sends out copies to various influencers, so they can share previews and get people hyped up about the products. Typically people with a large social media presence. And rarely, occasionally, to forums.

I've noticed GitP has been left off that list. And I'm looking to change that.

I don't have much of a social media presence. So I'm asking for your assistance.

If you'd be so kind, I'd like you to respond saying you'd like my name added to the list of people that get advanced copies, so I can share them with you all here. My goal is to get this topic a lot of activity, so I might be able to send it to the proper people (I know who, believe me) at WOTC and maybe get this goal accomplished, and share with you all previews of books (Whatever WOTC is willing to let me share, of course).

I know this is a long shot. And could very well be, ultimately, a futile effort. However, I'd like to shoot my shot, as it were.

I figure its worth a chance.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated or employed with Giant in the Playground, Rich Burlow, Order of the Stick, or Wizards of the Coast or any of its competitors.
    I would very much like for you to be an advance reviewer of the WotC D&D content. You've been very objective in your presentation/critique of new materials and I when I see your name as a thread originator I take a look to see what the latest information is.

Good luck with this.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

If a class needs better mechanics or thematics, that's one thing, but its not a reason to remove that class from the game. 5e has few enough classes as it is.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

You're already my first source on a lot of D&D news anyway. You and people like you getting listed and getting advance copies would be incredibly helpful to the community, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2021-10-14 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

29. - Top - End - #59

Kobold

It would be foolish of WOTC to not add jaappleton to the list of advance copies as a key influencer.

Really really foolish. Like 4th ed foolish. Like insisting all AL DMs follow RAW as if it was their own sports league and then add a ridiculous amount of rules and player options foolish.

Just add jaapleton, WOTC. Break the pattern.

30. - Top - End - #60

I always appreciate the info jaappleton provides in his threads. He is a pillar of this community.
    Goblin in the Playground

Most 3.5 thing I've ever seen: RAW on RAW. Love you, Curmudgeon.