New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: New "A Monster for Every Season" - Summer 2 (now with new Virtual Tabletop Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by dafrca View Post
    I paid with Paypal on the 14th and it took the money out of my account so if it is not being given to you Gumroad is owes you or they owe me a refund so I can give it to you.
    No, the money was coming through, but for some reason it was passing the VAT tax for European orders we discussed above on to my account instead of Gumroad handling it, which if it reached a certain threshold would have required me to file and report it to the EU. Which would be a lot of paperwork and potentially fees to set up, and avoiding that is one of the main reasons I sell my stuff through other companies in the first place. I didn't have the power to turn PayPal off just for the EU, unfortunately.

Also, whereas before the fee to me was fairly low for someone paying through PayPal, now it was taking off about $1 from each $8 purchase (on top of Gumroad's existing fee), which was going to eat up much of the price increase on nothing. I suspect that the old fee was based on Gumroad's total volume of PayPal transactions and the new fee is based solely on my own volume, which is obviously much lower. If it were only a matter of paying the fee for sales I wouldn't get if not for PayPal, that would be one thing, but I was seeing about 80% of customers picking it while it was available. I suspect most of those were choosing it just because it was there, especially since overall sales have kept at about the same rate since I turned it off.

Gumroad's FAQ mentions something about possibly being able to qualify for a lower PayPal rate, so I'm trying to investigate that (assuming I can also get the VAT situation squared away), but I'm going to keep it turned off for the time being.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: New "A Monster for Every Season" - Summer 2 (now with new Virtual Tabletop Tokens

I have updated my gsheet index with the new monsters, but alas can't link to it as much post count is too low, it's on the reddit thread for those interested.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ooooh, digital tokens from AMFES? I thought I would switch game after the end of my online fantasy campaign, but now, I'm really tempted to do another fantasy game, just to use them ^^

Thanks, Rich. As soon as I'm home, I'm buying those!
    Last edited by Kardwill; 2021-10-20 at 07:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by draconas View Post
    I have updated my gsheet index with the new monsters, but alas can't link to it as much post count is too low, it's on the reddit thread for those interested.
    Link to your google drive excel sheet.

I have been using a (downloaded copy) of your sheet for a while now, thanks for the work.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yanisa View Post
    I have been using a (downloaded copy) of your sheet for a while now, thanks for the work.
    Excellent, I'm glad you find it useful. Thanks for posting it for me. I use OOTS minis for my VTT games (via the tried and true method of copying from the PDF into token maker) I find it extremely handy for quick searches for what i am after. I have more than made back the 20 minutes I spent copying and pasting the index PDF's in speed of finding things.

Really looking forward to just having them all in ready made token form :)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch, Giant, sorry about that. Would it help if us EU people somehow refunded our orders then paid in a different way?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, whereas before the fee to me was fairly low for someone paying through PayPal, now it was taking off about $1 from each $8 purchase (on top of Gumroad's existing fee), which was going to eat up much of the price increase on nothing.
    Well then I am glad I paid above the $8 but now wish I had maybe even added more.
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude... seeming to be true within the context of the game world.

"D&D does not have SECRET rules that can only be revealed by meticulous deconstruction of words and grammar. There is only the unclear rules prose that makes people think there are secret rules to be revealed."

Consistency between games and tables is but the dream of a madman - Mastikator

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

I realise it's not entirely related but I'm not sure where else to ask: any clue if that paypal issue is also affecting Patreon donations and if so, should we switch from paypal to another form of payment on there as soon as possible?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'd love to see rabbitfolk/harengon in a future set, but that may need to wait until Spring 3, which may not even happen

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by draconas View Post
    Thanks for doing this. Is there a thread specifically for the gsheet index? I did a search on gsheet and didn't see anything that stuck out aside from this thread :P

A couple of minor QOL suggestions (from my perspective):
    Replace the * with another character. You can't do a text filter on "*" as Excel uses it to represent a wildcard character in searches.
    If you change the Legend header for that "*" character to something like "Monster added after original 2012 Kickstarter version" then you can just include a "Y" or "Yes" in the column underneath (same with a Y/Yes under the Legion column) for ease of use filtering.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JustinKase View Post
    Replace the * with another character. You can't do a text filter on "*" as Excel uses it to represent a wildcard character in searches.
    You can actually, but you need to escape it with the tilde (~).

e.g. ~*

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You can actually, but you need to escape it with the tilde (~).

e.g. ~*
    Thanks for that tidbit :)

Though it may be simpler to just use a non-special character, as, even with near constant usage of Excel for ~30 years, that wasn't something that I recalled off the top of my head :P

13. - Top - End - #43
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Welp, it looks like the PayPal thing is going to stay turned off indefinitely. The monthly threshold I would need to meet to qualify for a volume discount from PayPal is more than I have ever sold in one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    Ouch, Giant, sorry about that. Would it help if us EU people somehow refunded our orders then paid in a different way?
    Nah, there were less than a dozen purchases affected before I turned it back off. Nothing to really worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    I realise it's not entirely related but I'm not sure where else to ask: any clue if that paypal issue is also affecting Patreon donations and if so, should we switch from paypal to another form of payment on there as soon as possible?
    No, it is something specific that Gumroad consciously changed so that PayPal purchases were now coming directly through to me as individual transactions instead of being part of a bulk weekly payout (which is how I get all my other non-PayPal purchases credited). Patreon hasn't made such a change; they still pay me in one lump amount regardless of how the payment was processed so it's not affected.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

14. - Top - End - #44

I've created a few action shots (well, just the one action shot with some minor differences so far) so that people can get a bit of a feel for how the tokens would appear in a real game. These were made in Fantasy Grounds Unity on a custom-made map. I'll make some more action shots as time permits with different characters/monsters in different scenarios. By the way, the clouds you see in the first image are an animated effect created by Fantasy Grounds Unity.

I used the DM view to take the screenshots, so you can see a few more markings than a player would normally see. I also enabled the optional facing direction arrows, which fifth edition normally doesn't care about, and I used the extra information to show you the size of each character/monster by naming them after their size. The wizard is targeting the dragon with a spell, so you can see both the currently active character highlight and the targeting arrow (with distance).

Click each thumbnail to see it full-size. I've saved the images to JPEG in order to reduce their file size, so you will see a bunch of JPEG compression artifacts if you look closely. Naturally, these don't exist on the original tokens, they are very crisp.

It should go without saying, but I've gotten permission from The Giant to do this.

Our heroes are battling an ancient amethyst dragon in the forest. Don't ask me why, they were just lucky, I guess?

Spoiler: With clouds
    Show
    Spoiler: Without clouds
    Show
    Spoiler: Without grid
    Show
    Remember to click each thumbnail after opening the spoiler to see it full size.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

…Aren’t ancient amethyst dragons like CR 22 or something?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    …Aren’t ancient amethyst dragons like CR 22 or something?
    Yes, CR 22 in third edition and CR 23 in fifth edition. And I didn't bump the character levels up from 1 before staging the shot...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Has anyone had any luck fixing the PDF table of contents on this, Autumn, or Winter? I see that it's working on Spring, Summer, and Spring 2.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonBockus View Post
    Has anyone had any luck fixing the PDF table of contents on this, Autumn, or Winter? I see that it's working on Spring, Summer, and Spring 2.
    What issue are you having with the Tables of Contents? The page number links on my copies all seem to work (although I haven't tested the lo-res color versions).
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

My issue isn't with the table of contents that is on a page in the PDF; it's with the table of contents navigation sidebar that can be accessed from most PDF viewer applications like Preview and Acrobat. On the PDFs I mentioned, this works, and on this one, Autumn, and Winter, it is missing or incomplete for me.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Speaking of the Kickstarter, we haven't seen any activity on that in close to a year. Any chance of an update?

Speaking for myself, I already got the reward I had pledged for years ago (which was for all the books). Anything else is just a bonus for me. But I know others have been waiting for things like the crayon drawings. I'm sure frustrations are shared among everyone, including Rich. But an update of some sort would be nice. To be clear, I'm not making any demands or anything.
    Last edited by ThatNickGuy; 2021-11-14 at 12:56 PM.
    Author of The Armadillo Mysteries.
    The City of Smoke & Mirrors and The Dame was a Tad Polish are available to buy on Amazon!
    (Yes, this is shameless self-promoting, but really, is there any OTHER type of self-promoting?)
    Blog
    Twitter

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

Any updates on when the older AMfES publications are getting digital tokens?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

¡Rich!, I do love your AMFES and I'm currently working on my own document that links each entry with their stats (so I can find them easily)

However, I had been stuck with the "Venomtongue" "Venomtongue Warlock" and "Lizard king" from which google doesn't give me any helpful guide to locate the creatures.

From which Book do you grabbed those? I have access to most (and probably all) of the dnd books, so I only need a push in the correct direction to locate
    them.

Thank you and sorry for the inconveniences.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, I've been using your figures for years in my home game, and now that I've started up a D&D club at the middle school I work at, we've got 60 little OOTS clones running around. Question is on this old thread, is Autumn 2 dead? I've got kids itching for Artificers.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nataichal View Post
    So, I've been using your figures for years in my home game, and now that I've started up a D&D club at the middle school I work at, we've got 60 little OOTS clones running around. Question is on this old thread, is Autumn 2 dead? I've got kids itching for Artificers.
    AMFES isn't dead -- it's just a "it'll be done when it's done" type of product. Rich mentioned working on it in last month's Patreon Q&A: https://www.patreon.com/posts/answers-post-8-93833361

Which is exciting to hear! I've been using AMFES minis almost weekly for the past six-ish years: eager to see what the next installment brings.