New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Critical Role Campaign 3

Alright, the time is nearly upon us. We are less than 1 week away from the first episode of campaign 3 so I wanted to do some public speculation. If you have any thoughts or expectations about the upcoming campaign I would love to read them and read your takes on my thoughts as well.

What we know so far:
    • It will start on the continent of Marquet
    • They will be back at the same table
    • Matt is DMing
    • The original 7 will be back

I don't expect anyone to take subclasses that have already been played by another cast member and I doubt any of them will play classes they have already played in one of the main campaigns. I am also predicting that there will be fewer monstrous races (for reasons we can't discuss here) this campaign. So here are my predictions for what the characters will be. Some are pure speculation and some are educated guesses. If any are correct I will be thrilled.
    Spoiler: End of C2
    Show
    Some of these are based on player reactions to things that took place toward the end of C2, especially the Wild Magic around Aeor

Sam: There aren't many small races left so my first guess for him would be Kobold although I wouldn't be surprised if Liam gave him one of the larger races this time. For class I'll go with Cleric (Peace) as my first guess, Sorcerer (Wild Magic) as my second. Sam mentioned on an episode of Talks that he was interested in exploring a more religious character in the future and he also seems to really enjoy spell casting. We have also seen that he will hold on to a spell for the moment it will have the greatest impact and I can't think of a better player to follow up Taliesin as a support cleric. The thing that makes me doubt this is that I can Imagine Liam taking Cleric. If that happens I think Sam would have a field day with meta-magic and Wild Magic.

Liam: Race is a little harder to guess for Liam. He has said that he is working his way through the classic classes and he seems to be doing the same with races (Half-elf C1, Human C2, Halfling ExU) so If I had to venture a guess I would say Dwarf. As far as class goes, I think Cleric (Life or Twilight) (Life because it's quintessential, Twilight for the aesthetic) is most likely up next on his run through of classic classes (Rogue C1, Wizard C2, Fighter ExU) but i really want Sam as a Cleric and I could also see him absolutely rocking Druid (Stars). It was very clear in C2 that he really enjoys and is very good at animal noises. I also expect more angst and there is a different kind of angst that can be drawn from staring into the void and drawing conclusions based on what you find. If he decideds he doesn't care about playing one of the traditional classes I could see him going Monk.

Laura: I have less to go on for race here but she (along with everyone else) seemed very excited when she found out that elves only need 4 hours for a long rest. I also wouldn't be surprised if she went human so I guess Elf of Human. Class feels a little easier to guess for me. I think she realy missed being able to focus on damage in C2 and we have seen her play as brutish martials in one shots so my best guess is that she will roll up with a Barbarian (Wild Magic or Beast) so she can just focus on hitting stuff and being in the way. I could also see her going with Paladin, for massive damage, tanking, and Charisma skills although I think I saw somewhere that she has said she is uninterested in playing a Paladin so maybe not.

Travis: He also seems to prefer having some beef to his characters so I would imagine Human or Dwarf. For Class, he seems to want to get in the fray and he has shown his ability to be tactical in general combat and with spells. My first guess is Ranger (Hunter or Monster Slayer) (I just realized that I have Laura and Travis swapping C1 classes which is cute) I also think he would make an interesting Druid and if anyone were to take on a previousy used sublcass it would be here so Druid (Moon) is my second guess but I'm also not sure how much he would want to go full caster even if it comes with a transformation. Of course, he could surprise me and take what he learned from Fjord and build a Strength Bladesinger but that is purely wishful thinking.

The last 3 are a little harder for me to guess and I have no clue what races they might go for but here's what I'm thinking as far as classes go.

Marisha: I think she missed spells a bit with Beau but had a great time with melee. I also think she's a little scarred by the way the some of fanbase reacted to Keyleth so I don't expect her to take a full caster.
    Spoiler: C2
    Show
    She was realy good at playing a higher Int/studious character once Beau got the Headband of Intellect and started playing into the more academic aspects of the Cobalt Soul
    Based on this, I think an Artificer would be right up her alley. I could also see her going really dark with a Paladin (Conquest or Oathbreaker). If she doesn't care about magic I could see her going all in with a Swashbuckler and if she's up for a full caster I could see her going Wizard but those feel unlikely to me.

Taliesin: is impossible to guess. My best guess is that it will be something Matt makes but if he were sticking to official content My guesses would be Rogue (Mastermind or Inquisitive) or Sorcerer (Aberrant Mind).

Ashley: is the hardest for me to pin down because we haven't seen her play full time. She should finally be available full time for C3 so I wouldn't be shocked if she went with a full caster again and I would love to see what she would bring to a Bard (Glamour or Whispers) although I could see her going with another martial so she could fully focus on RP with a Monk.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critical Role Campaign 3

I don't have a lot of thoughts about it myself, more interested in the eventual reveal then actual speculation. But as a general thought, due to Liam's comment about him playing the core classes, Cleric would make sense. But i could also see him picking up another fighter, as his time as a fighter in EXU was comparatively short, and only lasted for about three levels. i could definitely see him playing a character that lasts a bit longer then that.

I'm not caught up on Campaign 1 yet, so this next thought might be a bit corrupted by Order of the Stick's western continent, but i could see a Dragonborn, Kobold, or Lizardfolk in the party, reptiles in the desert, seems fitting. Perhaps I'm basic but i am hoping for at least a few humans, at least three i think would be nice. Again i don't know a whole lot about Marquet, but from what I've seen, it feels like a mostly-human party would make the most sense. and I've always been a stickler for the whole "Only a handful of non-humans for variety" thing.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I like to say "once is a pattern, twice is a coincidence, three times is data" - so, we don't have clear data on what they love from long-term campaigns. I think a lot of your observations are spot on though. One I'd add is that Laura seems (maybe coincidentally) to like highlighting subclasses that are considered "underpowered" by the community at large (Beastmaster Ranger in C1, Trickery Cleric in C2) - so that makes me think a Swords Bard, Archfey Warlock, Mastermind/Inquisitive/Thief Rogue, or Wild Magic Sorcerer would be her jam.

Matt also teased in the announcement video that Tal "had a lot of questions" which makes me think he's playing a homebrew race, a homebrew class, or both. There's an outside shot of Tal being an Artificer (it's a complex class, and one that hasn't been a part of the squad full-time yet plus each subclass plays wildly differently) but I think it's much more likely he's an all new class or another crack at Blood Hunter.

Also - it'd be absolutely positively criminal to not have a Barbarian in the squad. A whole two years without "I would like to rage" feels very off-brand
    Last edited by Hawk7915; 2021-10-15 at 03:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I don't have a lot of thoughts about it myself, more interested in the eventual reveal then actual speculation. But as a general thought, due to Liam's comment about him playing the core classes, Cleric would make sense. But i could also see him picking up another fighter, as his time as a fighter in EXU was comparatively short, and only lasted for about three levels. i could definitely see him playing a character that lasts a bit longer then that.

I'm not caught up on Campaign 1 yet, so this next thought might be a bit corrupted by Order of the Stick's western continent, but i could see a Dragonborn, Kobold, or Lizardfolk in the party, reptiles in the desert, seems fitting. Perhaps I'm basic but i am hoping for at least a few humans, at least three i think would be nice. Again i don't know a whole lot about Marquet, but from what I've seen, it feels like a mostly-human party would make the most sense. and I've always been a stickler for the whole "Only a handful of non-humans for variety" thing.
    Yeah, I guess he only got a few levels of fighter in ExU so I wouldn’t be surprised if he went back to that. I would expect him to take another subclass though maybe Cavalier or Purple Dragon knight?
    Draconic or reptilian races would make sense in the area, My gut feeling is just that we won’t see them as PCs. They could absolutely surprise me though, and I’m going to enjoy whatever they choose anyway. I just enjoy the speculation.

5. - Top - End - #5

Yeah, I remember Ashley at one point seemed really impressed by some of dope monk **** Beau pulled off. Strong melee with some defense against mind control. I would put that high up as a possibility for her.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk7915 View Post
    I like to say "once is a pattern, twice is a coincidence, three times is data" - so, we don't have clear data on what they love from long-term campaigns. I think a lot of your observations are spot on though. One I'd add is that Laura seems (maybe coincidentally) to like highlighting subclasses that are considered "underpowered" by the community at large (Beastmaster Ranger in C1, Trickery Cleric in C2) - so that makes me think a Swords Bard, Archfey Warlock, Mastermind/Inquisitive/Thief Rogue, or Wild Magic Sorcerer would be her jam.
    Was Beastmaster under powered in Pathfinder? I hadn't put that connection together before. I think with Trickery Cleric it was more about the concept than the class itself. She wanted to play a character with The Traveler as their patron and when Travis took Warlock she decided Trickery Cleric would also work for the character. For that reason I don't expect her to play a warlock but I would love to see her play as a high Charisma character wheather that be Bard or Sorcerer (and I can only imagine the pure chaos that would arise from Laura having access to meta-magic and wild magic).

Matt also teased in the announcement video that Tal "had a lot of questions" which makes me think he's playing a homebrew race, a homebrew class, or both. There's an outside shot of Tal being an Artificer (it's a complex class, and one that hasn't been a part of the squad full-time yet plus each subclass plays wildly differently) but I think it's much more likely he's an all new class or another crack at Blood Hunter.
    I'm with you on expecting Tal to play something homebrewed. And while I think he would make a phenomenal Artificer, I feel that it might be treading a little too close to Percy.

Also - it'd be absolutely positively criminal to not have a Barbarian in the squad. A whole two years without "I would like to rage" feels very off-brand
    Also with you here. I absolutely expect someone to, and the someone that I think is most likely is Laura. She had so much fun when she was Polymorphed into something big and could just wreck shop. I can just imagine the gleeful destruction that would ensue if she were to play a beast Barbarian.
    I guess if I were to Iron out my hopes and expectations into a single list it would look like this:
    Sam: Cleric (Peace)
    Liam: Druid (Stars)
    Laura: Barbarian (Beast)
    Travis: Ranger (Monster Slayer)
    Marisha: Artificer (Artillerist)
    Taliesin: Matt Homebrew (or Rogue)
    Ashley: Monk (Shadow)
    Last edited by Saelethil; 2021-10-15 at 04:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

As someone who hasn't watched the first two series would it make sense to just follow the new one?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    As someone who hasn't watched the first two series would it make sense to just follow the new one?
    Yeah, I started with campaign 2 when they were only about 20 sessions in and once I was caught up I started C1 to fill the midweek void. They're on a new continent and there will bee a time skip so there shouldn't be anything you need to know going in. If you want a little background on the world they just put out a 10 minute video here but you shouldn't need to watch it. They want to be as friendly to newcomers as possible so I expect them to avoid spoiling C1 & 2. There may be a hand full of meta jokes (nothing spoilery) you don't get but there weren't any in game references to campaign 1 until halfway through C2 (and they were still pretty minor) and I expect them to do the same this time around.

9. - Top - End - #9

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    My wife and I are more casual fans - we've watched only the first 31 episodes of C2 (plus a few highlights to just get a broad overview of the juiciest parts of the story beyond) and we've watched 0 episodes of C1 (although again, I've seen some highlights and know the broad strokes of the story), and probably won't even sweat it until Legends of Vox Machina hits prime next spring. It's just a ton of content, right? 31 episodes doesn't sound like a lot in the context of a 148ish episode campaign, but it represents 124 hours of media which is basically the entire run of "Angel" (or any other hour-long genre show with 5-6 seasons of content like Lost).

I don't think you need to seek out spoilers or summaries at all - I just did it because I have a near-compulsive need to know things. We both really enjoyed their "slightly longer than a one-shot sidestory", Exandria Unlimited, without having seen C1 or all of C2, and I know Matt and co are well aware of the sheer archive panic of their world at this point and will endeavor to stay spoiler-free and new-viewer friendly, keeping references to in-jokes and explaining references that are essential to the audience. As a for-instance for C2, AFAIK there were only two "blink and you'll miss it" C1 references up to 31 and both were more things to make the players and long-term viewers smile than critical trivia bits for the audience The two things that I know happen later that are better understood with C1 are both explained in-game, so that one at least gets what's going on in C2 even if they don't get the full rich context. So you should be fine.

We're both excited to be able to start at C3, so much so we booked tickets to a theater for it this week

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

We're both excited to be able to start at C3, so much so we booked tickets to a theater for it this week
    Nice! I hope you and your wife have a great time! There aren’t any theaters showing it with a day of me so I am incredibly jealous. From what I’ve heard they all sold out quickly so maybe if they do it again it’ll be in more areas.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

I think Taliesin will definitely go with a homebrewed class again. It just seems to be his style. He went for a ranged character and a melee character, so I think the next one will be more casting focused.

Travis will go melee again, probably ranger. I am kind of hoping he goes with the Drakewarden because it is very different than what he has done and, I think it would be neat.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RustyArcana View Post
    I think Taliesin will definitely go with a homebrewed class again. It just seems to be his style. He went for a ranged character and a melee character, so I think the next one will be more casting focused.

Travis will go melee again, probably ranger. I am kind of hoping he goes with the Drakewarden because it is very different than what he has done and, I think it would be neat.
    I would love to see Tal take on an offensive caster next, especially after Cad. But I’m with you in expecting more homebrew.
    I would love to see Travis with a dragon companion, I’m just not sure that I can see it in his play style.
    Only 2 more days until we find out!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

So! Campaign 3 aired last night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking pretty good all in all! Get some returning faces from ExU and one from Search for Grog, but none in a way that requires you to watch those in order to understand them. (Never saw SfG myself.) F.C.G. is of course amazing :P

Have a feeling that the animated object attack might have been either a terrorist act or some kind of distraction.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I really enjoyed this!

I liked how each player comes in pairs or groups. The blending of all these groups/pairs into one big party felt very organic.

Twitter and Twitch Chat were (un)surprisingly toxic when it was revealed EXU characters were joining the show.

I was not a fan of EXU but I liked the characters. I am not sure why people are so toxic about this. I doubt EXU will play much, if any role, in this campaign.

I *really* like Ashton and FCG. They are very strange and weird in the best way possible.

Imogen is great, very unsure and wary of Lauden. She seems very spooky and like she has a twisted backstory.

Bernard is Bernard, always fun.

The new set is *chef's kiss* Perfect. Really dig it. Feels like a natural evolution of the set design from the perspective of a streamed game. I very much imagine this will be emulated in other high budget shows.

So! Campaign 3 aired last night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking pretty good all in all! Get some returning faces from ExU and one from Search for Grog, but none in a way that requires you to watch those in order to understand them. (Never saw SfG myself.) F.C.G. is of course amazing :P

Have a feeling that the animated object attack might have been either a terrorist act or some kind of distraction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or something orchestrated by Bernard to bring the heroes together so that he can better serve Ariks Eshteross.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RustyArcana View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twitter and Twitch Chat were (un)surprisingly toxic when it was revealed EXU characters were joining the show.

I was not a fan of EXU but I liked the characters. I am not sure why people are so toxic about this. I doubt EXU will play much, if any role, in this campaign.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've seen people be toxic about Beau having blue eyes, Jester being thin, and Fjord being a cis man. at this point i just accept that people will be toxic about literally anything that doesn't fit their own personal projections.

The real key is to not read twitch chat. I follow the twitter tags and they seem mostly positive, think anyone being negative about the show doesn't use the tags.

Spoiler
    Show
    Or something orchestrated by Bernard to bring the heroes together so that he can better serve Ariks Eshteross.
    Spoiler
    Show
    i mean it's possible? it would have needed to be some kind of magic item that exploded and brought those items to life though, he doesn't seem capable of casting spells himself.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Alright! Back a little late but I made it before E2 aired.
    Spoiler: C3E1
    Show
    Let me just start by saying that I'm enjoying all of the characters, some more, some less but the good far outweighs the meh. I watched ExU and thought it was fine but I was looking forward to seeing all new characters so I was a little disappointed that we had 3 characters brought over (although I am thrilled to have Robbie at the table as long as they can keep him).With that said, It s clear that Liam and Ashley are enjoying the characters and I absolutely love the pure chaotic fey energy Ashley is bringing to Fearne. At this point Orym feels a little boring but there's plenty of room for character growth and Liam obviously enjoys the Battlemaster maneuvers. As for Robbie coming in with Dorian, he can play whatever he wants as long as I get to see him interact with the rest of the cast.

Travis Coming in with BB was another slight disappointment but he is hilarious and I also don't expect him to be Travis's long term character. If I'm wrong I'll get over it but I still have my fingers crossed for a Ranger. That's the last of the negativity and once I got past the short negative shock I was able to enjoy the characters in spite of my exceptions.

Let me also take a moment to say I got 1 right! (mostly). Sam is playing a Cleric and while the subclass looks homebrewed it also looks like it has some similarity to the peace domain. F. C. G. is fantastic off the bat! I don't know how long the bit will stay funny for me but for now I love them and cannot express how excited I am to see Sam back to a full caster support class.

I am loving everything about Ashton (aesthetic, attitude,subclass) and really want to know what their subclass can do because it is clearly homebrew.

Laudna is so much fun and I can only remember a few times that I'v seen Marisha having this much fun. There's also a lot going on with her that should be fun to uncover as we go.

And last but certainly not least we have Imogen. She seems to have a lot going on beneath the surface and while I love watching the other characters, I am in love with Imogen and if something bad happens to her I will cry.

Overall I thought it was a fantastic episode and I cannot wait to see what they have for us down the road! The characters were all fun and the set is phenomenal. What I enjoyed most as the energy. I enjoyed all of C2 but between the stakes of a high level game and the distance between the payers it lost some of what had made it special and I think they came back with the energy of people who missed the game, Matt's world, and each other.

Fun side note, I was gushing about how much I enjoyed the episode on a call with my folks and I think my dad will give it a try. Its much more 'Adult' than most of what my parents consume but I expect the biggest drawback for him to be the length as I don't think he has stayed awake for the full length of any of the Theatrical Cut LoTR more than once each. It's not something that I expect him to get into but I think its fun that he's willing to give it a shot.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

So I'm listening to the podcasts and seeing if I can keep up with this campaign. Which unfortunately means I'll be about a week and a half behind everybody else, as I'm unable to listen to four hours in one go.

Spoiler: S1E1
    Show
    Not really much I can say, enjoying the characters, and trying to work out subclasses. Need to check Aberrant Mind to see if Imogen is different to it.

But yeah, not much to say. May comment more when I get to Episode 2 later this week.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

18. - Top - End - #18

DwarfClericGuy

Only got to watch half of E2 (8:00 MST start time makes it a bit late to watch the whole thing), and looking forward to finishing it on Youtube tonight. Generally loving this campaign - compared to C2, I feel significantly more in love with most of the crew, and unlike C2 don't have anyone I'm not enjoying out of the gate (in C2, Beau and Molly took a while to grow on me).

Spoiler
    Show

In terms of subclasses, I think here's what we know in order from "all solved" to "least solved":

Orym of the Air Ashari: Is a Lotudsen Halfling Fighter (Battlemaster). We know several of his maneuvers (Goad, Disarm, Bait-and-Switch). He has Boots of Striding and Springing. I think our only gaps are whether or not he had a bonus feat from Matt, what his fourth/fifth maneuvers are, and if he's still "Superior Technique" style or if he swapped to "Defense" or "Duelist" (his damage is big enough that I'm guessing he swapped into Duelist).

Fearne Calloway: Is a Satyr Druid (Circle of Wildfire). She's got some sort of Staff of the Python but it appears it activates as a bonus action?

Dorian Storm: is an Air Genasi Bard (College of Swords). We can finally nail down his college because he referenced having a fighting style (although he has yet to actually flourish). Among his known spells are Cure Wounds. He has Winged Boots of some sort.

Imogen: Is a Variant Human Sorcerer (Aberrant Mind). She took "Telekinetic" as her bonus feat. Some think she also has "Telepathic" and it seems like she either does, or she has a homebrewed-with-Matt ability to cast Detect Thoughts 1/day without spell slots but with a possible migraine-inducing drawback for flavor. Among her known spells Among her non-Sorcererous origin spells are "Witch Bolt" and "Catapult". One of her selected Metamagics was "Twin Spell".

Ashton: Is an Earth Genasi Barbarian with a clearly homebrewed path, one that gives him "four different rages" and has some Dunamancy flavor. It is unclear how much of his "primal chaos bursts" are from his subclass, and how many if any are from his hammer which may or may not be a magic item of some sort.

Sir Bertrand Bell: Is a Human Fighter (5th level) of an unknown subclass (Champion seems most likely and he just hasn't rolled any 19s in combat, but we don't know for sure). Is wielding a Gambler's Blade. Had "Lucky" as his bonus feat in the old one-shots, but I'm not sure we've seen him burn any luck points in this campaign yet.

Fresh Cut Grass: Is an Automaton Cleric of some manner of homrebrewed Domain. It is unclear if he's an Autognome, a reflavored Small Warforged, or a totally hombrewed race. Cleric Domain seems themed around martyrdom, sacrifice, or unity in some way - he's got some ability to absorb damage for teammates and/or reroute it to allies? Has a bunch of "attachments" including a Grappling Hook.

Laudna: Is a ??? Hollow One Sorcerer/Undead Warlock. Hollow One is confirmed now as of stream 2, so she's some sort of undead. That's a "template" of sorts, so her race remains uncomfirmed - could be Human, since we know she has the Spell Sniper feat, but could also be Half-elf given her ears (and Matt could have just given her a free feat since the ExU Crew have a slew of magic items). Seems like she's a Sorcerer 1/Warlock 2. We know she is an Undead Warlock since she's used "Form of Dread", and her damage on her Eldritch Blasts seems high to not have Agonizing Blast. We also have yet to see her use Sorcery Points on anything. Her Sorcerer Origin remains unknown - I believe she noted she had Darkvision at one point, but that could be from an Invocation. Shadow Sorcerer seems likely given her vibes, and would also account for it - that's the dominant theory, but I don't think it's proven just yet.

For the record, I'm giving myself a half point for Marisha playing "some sort of cursed or undead creature" (I had guessed Hexblood). I predicted we'd see a Barbarian, a Sorcerer, a Cleric, and an Aeormaton/Mechanical creature among the PCs, but had the "who was playing what" all wrong. I was otherwise totally off in my predictions although 50% returning characters will do that to you and there's still a real chance that Bert is only here for a small stretch and Travis's real character will be the Ranger I predicted

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: subclasses
    Show
    Aberrant Mind gets Telepathic Speech as a 1st level gesture, not hard to see them house ruling that she can use it to hear thoughts like the Telepathic feat. However Imogen would also have Detect Thoughts as a duel, so I'm wondering if this is just them being a bit loose with terminology.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sam did an interview where he lightly touches on FCG's Subclass. It's here if y'all are interested. It's a pretty short article and I skipped to the interview portion so it only took a couple minutes.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

In the interest of keeping a thread active here, any thoughts on the campaign so far?

Spoiler
    Show
    We got Travis's new (permanent?) character in the form of a rebooted Christmas elf
    Confirmation that Laudna is a hollow one, who originally was from Whitestone, not much else is known about her. really hoping they don't reveal her to be Delilah Briarwood or something, would prefer her being her own thing.
    And a wall-mimic! Still crossing my fingers that this campaign has one solid storyline from point A to point B rather then a bunch of scattered ones like campaign 2 did.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

In the interest of keeping a thread active here, any thoughts on the campaign so far?

Spoiler
    Show
    We got Travis's new (permanent?) character in the form of a rebooted Christmas elf
    Confirmation that Laudna is a hollow one, who originally was from Whitestone, not much else is known about her. really hoping they don't reveal her to be Delilah Briarwood or something, would prefer her being her own thing.
    And a wall-mimic! Still crossing my fingers that this campaign has one solid storyline from point A to point B rather then a bunch of scattered ones like campaign 2 did.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems pretty unlikely to me that Laudna would be Delilah Briarwood but I’ve been wrong about things before.
    On the topic of Travis’s character. I’m exited to see him play a rogue (and I did really enjoy that one-shot) but I am a tad disappointed at another “repeat” even if some changes were made to make him fit Exandria. Oh well, I’d rather have Travis at the table with a repeat than no Travis at all and I’m sure I’ll get used to it soon so it’s really a minor gripe.