New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Is there any way to further improve upon the Max Dex of a mithril chain shirt?

A regular mithril chainshirt has a max dex of +6- Equivalent to a piece of ordinary leather armor. I'm wanting to increase that max dex higher, as I'm a melee rogue.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Is there any way to further improve upon the Max Dex of a mithril chain shirt?

There are a number of ways to improve max dex of armor. Mithril is the easiest method to apply to armors made of metal. There is an armor enchantment called Nimble that has multiple reprints. The most recent was in the MIC and is a +1 enchant with max dex +1, ACP reduced by 2.

But, you can go Celestial Armor instead. Max dex of +6 higher than normal. There is a Celestial Chainmail in the DMG. The price is steep though. 13,000 extra GP.

3. - Top - End - #3

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Is there any way to further improve upon the Max Dex of a mithril chain shirt?

I'm unable to find Nimble on the Archives of Nethys or the PFSRD...

4. - Top - End - #4

because that guy didn't read the thread and is talking about 3.5. There is a mundane armor modification in PF named nimble. -1 armor for +2 max dex for ~1K. Beyond that you need class features.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySage View Post
    I'm unable to find Nimble on the Archives of Nethys or the PFSRD...
    Here you go.

There's also other materials for non-metal armors, such as darkleaf cloth, which is basically mithril, but for leather. The implication is of course that you have a dexterity modifier of at least +8. There is also celestial armor, which has a maximum modifier of +8, but is technically a specific armor.
    Last edited by Arkain; 2021-10-15 at 02:36 PM.