New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: The Batman - 2022

Honestly, I'm not even sure what the argument is about at this point. I thought it was about Wanda being unfairly treated as a bigger threat than the Hulk, is that not what we're discussing here?

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Also, when people are discussing a recent movie other than the one the thread was originally about, it would be really appreciated if people could use spoilers for that.

Because I looked into this thread and had some spoilers about a movie I haven't seen yet, which isn't too cool. I've been staying out of the thread dedicated to that movie, but wasn't expecting to find non-spoilered discussion here.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Spamalot in the Playground

I've tried to use spoiler tags throughout, but I'll go back and make sure I didn't leave anything out in the open.

I also apologize for my part in the topic drift, though I'll admit there isn't much else to say about The Batman at this point. In my defense I did try more than once to agree to disagree, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

After seeing this movie, I must say that this Batman isn't a good investogator. He has to be pointed out everything. That's my main issue with the movie. If you cant write smart character, there is ways around it. The Sherlock serie was not perfect but it was good after all. But it's not what was done here.

Personally, I would have loved that they used Hush instead, like MattPatt suggested on Film Theory on Youtube. Something new and refreshing. It felt like they tried to play too safely in this flick.

I did however liked the technology Batman showed. That was cool at least.