New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Halloween III : Season of the Witch

Halloween III , I know all of it's twists and turns despite never having seen it, I want to watch it anyway. I'm curious how everything is executed. Who here has seen it, like it and how does it compare to all the others? I know Michael Myers isn't in it.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Halloween III : Season of the Witch

It's a trip. The commercial jingle will get stuck in your head.
    “Rule is what lies between what is said and what is understood.”
    ~Raja Rudatha, the Spider Prince
    Golem Arcana

3. - Top - End - #3

It's a different sort of beast, and a little corny in spots, but also includes some disturbing imagery, especially if you're not a fan of, ah, bugs.

TWELVE MORE DAYS 'TIL HALLOWEEN!
    HALLOWEEN!
    HALLOWEEN!
    Author of Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure, a comedic fantasy novel set in a version of our world where reality TV show heroes slay actual monsters and the Greek gods have their own Twitter feeds!
    Now available in paperback, ebook, and audiobook!
    ~ ~ ~
    Twitter: @TheWriteMunzspace My Blog: GeekNotesspa!

4. - Top - End - #4

I don't really like slashers, so most of the Halloween movies don't really do anything for me. I recognize that the first is a really good movie, I just don't like it.

I absolutely LOVE Halloween III. It really feels like a seasonal film, in the way of, say, Trick R Treat.

And, for perspective on my tastes, my favorite Carpenter films are the apocalypse trilogy, and I recognize that The Thing is probably the most well made of the three, but In The Mouth Of Madness is my favorite.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Halloween III is a decent horror flick that should never have been called Halloween III.

It's little known, but originally Halloween was going to be an anthology series. So 1 would be Michael, and 2 and 3 would each be something completely different.

But the original was popular enough that they decided to make 2 a sequel. Which is fine, but really crimps the anthology idea, especially since (without the internet) word never really go around that they were starting the anthology with 3. So when 3 came out a year later a lot of people went expecting more Michael and didn't get it. Reviews were poor enough that the anthology idea died, and indeed the series basically went into hibernation for 13 years.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    I don't really like slashers, so most of the Halloween movies don't really do anything for me. I recognize that the first is a really good movie, I just don't like it.

I absolutely LOVE Halloween III. It really feels like a seasonal film, in the way of, say, Trick R Treat.

And, for perspective on my tastes, my favorite Carpenter films are the apocalypse trilogy, and I recognize that The Thing is probably the most well made of the three, but In The Mouth Of Madness is my favorite.
    Good tastes. I got In The Mouth of Madness about a month and a half ago on DVD and seeing it again really reminded me how much I loved it.

7. - Top - End - #7

Speaking of Halloween 3, Trick R Treat, and In the Mouth of Madness, if anyone enjoys watching reaction videos of any of those movies, may I humbly offer my own:

Halloween 3: https://youtu.be/CCVz3PJS3dE

Trick R Treat: https://youtu.be/a1Np-Ays7T8

In the Mouth of Madness: https://youtu.be/QqALWyxEh3k

It was something of a pandemic hobby for me.

SIX MORE DAYS 'TIL HALLOWEEN!
    HALLOWEEN!
    HALLOWEEN!
    Author of Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure, a comedic fantasy novel set in a version of our world where reality TV show heroes slay actual monsters and the Greek gods have their own Twitter feeds!
    Now available in paperback, ebook, and audiobook!
    ~ ~ ~
    Twitter: @TheWriteMunzspace My Blog: GeekNotesspa!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Speaking of Halloween 3, Trick R Treat, and In the Mouth of Madness, if anyone enjoys watching reaction videos of any of those movies, may I humbly offer my own:

Halloween 3: https://youtu.be/CCVz3PJS3dE

Trick R Treat: https://youtu.be/a1Np-Ays7T8

In the Mouth of Madness: https://youtu.be/QqALWyxEh3k

It was something of a pandemic hobby for me.

SIX MORE DAYS 'TIL HALLOWEEN!
    HALLOWEEN!
    HALLOWEEN!
    Silver Shamrock!
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

9. - Top - End - #9

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Silver Shamrock!
    Be in front of your TV sets for the Horrorthon, followed by the Big Giveaway. Don't miss it. And don't forget to wear your masks. The clock is ticking. It's almost time.

I always thought it was a little odd that the big movie was Halloween, and kids were supposed to be watching it.

As far as Halloween III, I like it. I like the Halloween movies in general, but trying to explain to people who haven't seen them that somehow this horror franchise has multiple timelines/paths like a choose your own adventure book always gets an odd look. And then I have to explain where Season of the Witch fits in (or rather, doesn't fit in). It's usually something like "So, the first two have a near unstoppable killer in a William Shatner mask. Then part 3 has killer robots, magic, and a plot involving a chunk of Stonehenge and using Halloween masks to conduct a mass sacrifice. Then back to that unstoppable killer guy." As a side note, several years ago I saw a movie titled Season of the Witch in a list of upcoming movies and a part of me thought "Oh wow, someone finally decided to remake the forsaken chapter of Halloween? Should be interesting". I was let down when I saw it was a Nick Cage medieval movie. Maybe one day...