New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Girl Genius: XXXenophile Edition

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I am EXTREMELY impressed!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    It's from Andrew Leman of the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society.

Yeah, I can't take credit for that. It's still great though.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    We still have the one responsible for the tainting. (The culprit to say. Who could be an evil spark in a lab. )
    I smell the taint of Vapnoople.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    I smell the taint of Vapnoople.
    It's the sort of thing he'd do, but it may have been done while he was on Castle Wulfenbach. I'm unsure of the timeline, but I think this corruption appeared a few months or years ago, which is why the Deep Ones approached the surface dwellers for help. Dr. V spent quite a while as the Baron's prisoner.

Am I the only one who hopes a massive amphora of adorable immortal hedgehogs will be the key to defeating Monahan's rats?
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2022-01-21 at 06:52 AM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm leaning towards "Monahan is the Song Keeper, and she tried screwing with the spring further up (but didn't make it to its source) so it'd work with her rats better".
    She may, very simply, be lying to Lucrezia - or rather, lying by omission by pointing out she hasn't found the source, but not mentioning she has gone some distance upstream, where she did all of that.
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2022-01-21 at 01:58 PM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

"What would Agatha do?" is not a good approach to things*.
    At the very least it should be followed by "Would her companions try to stop her?"
    Fortunately I'm on the safe side of the fourth wall and can enjoy the inevitable chaos.

*That goes for most Sparks actually.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

6. - Top - End - #576
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    New comic

"What would Agatha do?" is not a good approach to things*.
    At the very least it should be followed by "Would her companions try to stop her?"
    Fortunately I'm on the safe side of the fourth wall and can enjoy the inevitable chaos.

*That goes for most Sparks actually.
    Are you sure this is the safe side?

Between "What would Agatha do?" and "What would Schlock do?", which is the better question to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Are you sure this is the safe side?

Between "What would Agatha do?" and "What would Schlock do?", which is the better question to ask?
    I mean safe from whatever hell those two are going to inevitably unleash.

The former is certainly more generally applicable.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Colossus in the Playground

Anyone else feel this is basically like reattaching the wheel in the bottom of der kestle? Basically turning the flow of power back on to the structure after some sort of event knocked it off track.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #579

SamuraiGuy

Agatha puts too much trust in her creations, which I think is a general failing of Sparks. Sending Castle and Train off without adult supervision may not be prudent.

"We will need help!" "Watch and learn" - I think Der Kestle is about to create a minion horde to repair and reactivate an ancient power source. Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Agatha puts too much trust in her creations, which I think is a general failing of Sparks. Sending Castle and Train off without adult supervision may not be prudent.
    To be fair (I think?), it's not just her creations. Agatha spends a lot of time putting entirely too much trust in dangerous, reckless, and/or often barely-reformed (if at all) evil individuals.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

"We will need help!" "Watch and learn" - I think Der Kestle is about to create a minion horde to repair and reactivate an ancient power source. Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan.
    To be fair, most sparks trust their creations enough to end up killed by them.

Plus I'm not certain we'll see a dingbot horde again until Mechaniccsberg is free. At best I think we might get a coupleof second generation clanks. I suspect that instead they're going to try to grab a member of the party to help them.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #582

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    To be fair (I think?), it's not just her creations. Agatha spends a lot of time putting entirely too much trust in dangerous, reckless, and/or often barely-reformed (if at all) evil individuals.
    Exhibits one and two: her boyfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post

Plus I'm not certain we'll see a dingbot horde again until Mechaniccsberg is free. At best I think we might get a coupleof second generation clanks. I suspect that instead they're going to try to grab a member of the party to help them.
    I don't think any human sized creature can reach the room they are in. We have been shown that Monahan couldn't reach the source (this room) because the flow was coming through cracks in the wall.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm guessing the castle is about to speak some words that tempt fate in some way. The same way that Lucrezia is afraid to say the Heterodyne boys' names, in fear of drawing their attention and summoning them ( https://www.girlgeniusonline.com/com...3#.Ye7j_yDML5U ). But will that sort of thing work if done deliberately?

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think any human sized creature can reach the room they are in. We have been shown that Monahan couldn't reach the source (this room) because the flow was coming through cracks in the wall.
    Agatha and company are now in part of the ruins that Monahan has never been in, it's possible that she's never been in the right area to find the human-accessible route
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Agatha and company are now in part of the ruins that Monahan has never been in, it's possible that she's never been in the right area to find the human-accessible route
    Kestlebot and Trainbot passed through the lu-controlled area (and were spotted by Captian "dont care"), before reaching their present location.

16. - Top - End - #586

SamuraiGuy

Cue arrival of evil Sparks, stage right. Because now the evil plan is revealed, and Team Agatha must be prevented from getting a message to Londinium.

I notice even Bang is "Let's not kill these particular creatures", even though she's usually enthusiastic about killing things. It's either the icky factor or the "huge and possibly unstoppable" factor.

Dr. Name_escapes_me is not pleased that Princess Neena has recognized his museum, oh not at all.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Cue arrival of evil Sparks, stage right. Because now the evil plan is revealed, and Team Agatha must be prevented from getting a message to Londinium.

I notice even Bang is "Let's not kill these particular creatures", even though she's usually enthusiastic about killing things. It's either the icky factor or the "huge and possibly unstoppable" factor.

Dr. Name_escapes_me is not pleased that Princess Neena has recognized his museum, oh not at all.
    I think he now contemplates the fact that a high-speed contact between digestion leftovers and an air-moving machine is imminent.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

He's not spotted yet, I think the best thing to do in hi situation is to leave and feign ignorance later.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    It's from Andrew Leman of the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society.

I have found a new thing to love. Thank you.

20. - Top - End - #590

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    He's not spotted yet, I think the best thing to do in hi situation is to leave and feign ignorance later.
    Presumably he's got some ability to screen his thoughts from Albia, otherwise the scheme would have been detected by now. But "screen your thoughts from Albia" is probably very different than "hide the truth from Albia when her undivided attention is upon you and she is searching through your mind as though she was sifting sugar". I think he needs to contact a smuggler post haste and head for somewhere that won't trade him back to Albia for some diplomatic nicety.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Prediction time : Our Laurel and Hardy duo will get that fire relit, which in turn purifies the magic water stuff and clears up the issues with the mirror. This allows our group to go through the mirror, at which point that old curator guy pulls a gun and threatens/challenges/tries to kill the group, but the princess calls for Albia who shows up and deals with the situation. This allows the Queen to send troops through the mirror (not herself, she has show reluctance to leave the source of her power, something Lucrezia herself pointed out). So we have British troop to combat the rats and a usable mirror captured. Obviously a big fight between robo-Lucy and her minions and Agatha's group commences, at which point Bang decides it is time to try and take on our favorite Skifanderian.

Or maybe I need more sleep and I'm forgetting five or ten things that make this prediction nonsense. It happens.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Prediction time : Our Laurel and Hardy duo will get that fire relit, which in turn purifies the magic water stuff and clears up the issues with the mirror. This allows our group to go through the mirror, at which point that old curator guy pulls a gun and threatens/challenges/tries to kill the group, but the princess calls for Albia who shows up and deals with the situation. This allows the Queen to send troops through the mirror (not herself, she has show reluctance to leave the source of her power, something Lucrezia herself pointed out). So we have British troop to combat the rats and a usable mirror captured. Obviously a big fight between robo-Lucy and her minions and Agatha's group commences, at which point Bang decides it is time to try and take on our favorite Skifanderian.

Or maybe I need more sleep and I'm forgetting five or ten things that make this prediction nonsense. It happens.
    Well, one problem with this prediction is that the barrier on the mirror in the current comic appears to be some sort of intentional defense, not something caused by the mirror being not yet fully functional (compare its appearance to when the mirror was first turned on). This suggests that even after they fix the flame they still won't be able to use the mirror.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

23. - Top - End - #593

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Well, one problem with this prediction is that the barrier on the mirror in the current comic appears to be some sort of intentional defense, not something caused by the mirror being not yet fully functional (compare its appearance to when the mirror was first turned on). This suggests that even after they fix the flame they still won't be able to use the mirror.
    Unless we find out that Agatha is a better Spark than her mother. Or Albia shows up at the other end and their combined efforts do the trick.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Remember that Clankrezia is NOT a spark, that needs a biological mind (or Agatha's tinkering on the Master Dingbots). Agatha can definitely outspark her.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

25. - Top - End - #595

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Remember that Clankrezia is NOT a spark, that needs a biological mind (or Agatha's tinkering on the Master Dingbots). Agatha can definitely outspark her.
    It is difficult to assess how good at Spark-like behavior Lucrezia is; she certainly seems to be in charge in the main lab and to command respect from Monahan. OTOH, leaving the door marked "Do not open" unopened suggests that you're right, she's no Spark.

Which brings up the subject of Sparky allies: Lu has Monahan, whose expertise seems to lie in biology, while Agatha has Rakethorn (adventurer skills?), and Neena (archeology).

26. - Top - End - #596

MindFlayer

Alas that Gil, Tarvek, and Othar are way off in Paris last we saw.

27. - Top - End - #597

I'm pretty sure that basically no-one in comic has any regrets about Othar being far away

Sparky nonsense is undoubtedly on the incoming- one factor that seems to have been overlooked by people on this thread is that time stops interact rather oddly with the Queen's Mirrors; if Prende's Lantern is pointed the wrong way when Agatha and crew arrive in the mirror room, who knows what's going to happen?
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

28. - Top - End - #598

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    I'm pretty sure that basically no-one in comic has any regrets about Othar being far away

Sparky nonsense is undoubtedly on the incoming- one factor that seems to have been overlooked by people on this thread is that time stops interact rather oddly with the Queen's Mirrors; if Prende's Lantern is pointed the wrong way when Agatha and crew arrive in the mirror room, who knows what's going to happen?
    The lantern is currently in hammerspace, but yes, if Agatha pulls it out to stop Lucrezia, weird interactions are likely.
    Especially if the bots manage to reconnect the power supply at just the right moment.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    one factor that seems to have been overlooked by people on this thread is that time stops interact rather oddly with the Queen's Mirrors
    I don't remember this. Where was this established?
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    I don't remember this. Where was this established?
    It's why Agatha skipped a few years when leaving Mechanicsburg.
    But that might also have happened because it wasn't a regular Mirror connection.
    Didn't Tweedle mess around with a (fake?) mirror to get Agatha to his base?
    A proper connection might have protections against that sort of situation.