New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Spell Creation Help

So, basically I want to create a spell for my wizard in a campaign, but I have no idea where to even start let alone balance it so the DM lets it through. This is where you come in, I need your help to make that spell.

So, what I am aiming towards is a first level Mage Hand, basically something that can move objects around, but at a faster rate than 15ft per round. (around 30ft+) and that can perhaps move more than one object at a time, I was thinking 'objects up Xlb' or something like that.

if needed the spell can got to second level, but if fitting those criteria makes it go above 2nd level then you can cut it down a bit.

Thanks in advance.
    Sigatar by Me

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Spell Creation Help

Try Greater Mage Hand from Spell Compendium.
    Government - if you think the problems it creates are bad enough, just wait until you see its solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Aww, come on!
    It's not "mind rape," it's "Surprise Reeducation you didn't know you wanted!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    There's so much silliness allowed within the rules, that I don't see how anybody could reasonably object to a mild bending of the rules. Yes, call them guidelines. Rule Zero is the only thing that matters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spell Creation Help

Unfortunately I don't have access to that book, although if someone was to 'accidentally' create a very similar spell it wouldn't hurt would it?
    Sigatar by Me