New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Please Help: Creating Circle Magic

So for a world I’m currently working on, I’d like to incorporate a form of Circle Magic usable by NPCs and PCs alike; not completely impossible, but not ridiculously easy.

Metamagic application, plus bonuses to any spell save DCs, etc., are my motivation here. As well, if a 5th Lv PC has, say, everything they would need for a particular circle, but only needed the right participants—I’d let them cast it, regardless of the level. With, of course, backlash (for each participant) and other conditions.

I’ve looked into the Red Wizard conversion, and it’s still not quite what I’m looking for. If anyone in the Playground would be interested, I really want to build an easy-to-use Circle Magic system that isn’t ridiculously cheesy. I just need some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Sorasen
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but your words can never hurt me because you're not a wizard."
    -on Item Familiars:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Marmot View Post
    Of course, binding a portion of your personality to a ring of invisibility always works out great. Just ask Sauron.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Please Help: Creating Circle Magic

Are you looking for ground-up system building, or a re-skin of existing rules?

I think the biggest issue is flavor. Mechanically minor tweaks that create a new image may be just as useful in game as a complete makeover or a brand new class.