New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

Isn't everybody voting meta going directly against the plan?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Talk about the number of wolves. He also says wolf's don't have a power connected to identity. A scum slip or trying to put town at ease?
    It's interesting to note that BCH had a name seer power, which means that (unless someone roleblocked him, which I don't think is the case) wolves have at least two people's role names, and yet we haven't seen anything done with them.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    It's interesting to note that BCH had a name seer power, which means that (unless someone roleblocked him, which I don't think is the case) wolves have at least two people's role names, and yet we haven't seen anything done with them.
    Haven't we? We lost a lightning fast kill that would have activated the second night, admittedly not to mafia though.

We've lost several innocents to our own Lynch or a suggested kill to Blade. Those could've been mafia induced.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Haven't we? We lost a lightning fast kill that would have activated the second night, admittedly not to mafia though.

We've lost several innocents to our own Lynch or a suggested kill to Blade. Those could've been mafia induced.
    Not sure what you mean - none of those seem related to mafia knowing the role names.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Not sure what you mean - none of those seem related to mafia knowing the role names.
    We lost a couple kill people right off the bat, even if it's unlikely it's possible the mafia had read the names and influenced it. Though I severely doubt they did. They got one name night one, but after night 2 they woukldn't have time to use the info, we lamblasted on Wombat and then BCH way to quick. It's possible they scried someone night one and then tried to influence the vote, possibly succeeding and manipulating us into Lynching the person they wanted day 2, or they failed and we lynched an innocent anyways. Then on night 2, they did manage to kill Gac, but they wouldn't have had to scry him.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

We lost a couple kill people right off the bat, even if it's unlikely it's possible the mafia had read the names and influenced it. Though I severely doubt they did. They got one name night one, but after night 2 they woukldn't have time to use the info, we lamblasted on Wombat and then BCH way to quick. It's possible they scried someone night one and then tried to influence the vote, possibly succeeding and manipulating us into Lynching the person they wanted day 2, or they failed and we lynched an innocent anyways. Then on night 2, they did manage to kill Gac, but they wouldn't have had to scry him.
    So you're saying that they might have guessed who had good powers based on role names? That's possible, but it's not really what I was talking about.
    There was some speculation D1 (based on some wording in the OP) that there might be some mechanical reason not to reveal your role name (e.g. a role that can kill if they know role name). Which is why everyone has been redacting the fluff when they role claim. But it seems like wolves probably knew some role names but didn't use any mechanical power based on them, as far as we can tell. So if there is a mechanical reason not to claim role name, it's probably not a wolf power.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

So you're saying that they might have guessed who had good powers based on role names? That's possible, but it's not really what I was talking about.
    There was some speculation D1 (based on some wording in the OP) that there might be some mechanical reason not to reveal your role name (e.g. a role that can kill if they know role name). Which is why everyone has been redacting the fluff when they role claim. But it seems like wolves probably knew some role names but didn't use any mechanical power based on them, as far as we can tell. So if there is a mechanical reason not to claim role name, it's probably not a wolf power.
    Oh, on that we're agreed. I actually think it's Taffamai's win condition. No reason to think that, but she's the only one who has any chance of it being the requirement, being the only neutral left.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Actually, it looks like it was two wolves (Cao and BCH) who started the "maybe we shouldn't reveal role names" idea. Which is more evidence that wolves don't have a power that makes use of role names.

Not sure if this is meaningful at all, just something I noticed from Bat's flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    First, you are given two role names: one proper role name and one thing that's like "roleblocker" or "bulletproof vigilante" or something. The second one is meaningless mechanically, it's just a shorthand for roughly what you can expect out of your abilities.

Third:

You feel an ominous presence looming over you. It might be a good idea to hide your identities.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Saying the second part is not mechanically meaningful suggests that the first one is. But I'd lean toward there being multiple ways that the role names will play into the game. If it was all bad, then everyone could just not say their "proper role name" and it would be fine. I won't be saying mine though (which is a shame, I was looking forward to bringing more RP into these games).
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    That does seem likely, based on the last Upick. Though I suppose that might just as well make it less likely, in case Unavenger want to keep us guessing.

If the whole "ominous presence" bit is something more than just flavor, it does seem probable that there's a serial killer or some other third party, presumably with powers and/or a wincon tied to people's identities.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yay, I can’t be murdered!

Anyway, yeah, my reveal works at the end of tonight. It’s not a surrender (though that would have been funny *takes notes for next wolf game*). It’s also fast priority, as I mentioned earlier, so can’t be roleblocked.

I think it’s optimal to shoot Supagoof and Moonfly tonight, since they’re the ones who aren’t going to give useful information tomorrow. But honestly I don’t think it matters, we have enough kills to just steamroll through all the non-mechanical-clears.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

The three potential kills tonight for town are Elenna, moonfly7, and Supagoof. Snowblaze is also an acceptable kill.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-10-26 at 01:23 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The three potential kills tonight for town are Elenna, moonfly7, and Supagoof. Snowblaze is also an acceptable kill.
    I can't be killed at night unless Meta is lying. My alignment will be revealed tomorrow. I'd say that's pretty far from acceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Searching for Roleblocker?
    Non committed talk about her power.
    Pocketing Blades? While laughing silently since they are not in a team?
    Asking gac about the hints he dropped. Wolves noticed!
    Admitting she might be wrong, since the pool of false targets was decreased too much in the night?
    Also I know this doesn't actually matter, but Rogan is taking a lot of that post out of context. (That may be my fault for not quoting posts to provide said context.)

- my roleblocked thing was me meming about Percy Jackson when there was no wolf kill and Xihirli claimed to be roleblocked.

- the non-commital talk was in response to Moonfly asking me specifically if I had results, which was one of the things that made me think they'd given me the scry. I was trying to subtly hint that "yes, I got the scry but I don't think we should talk about it rn".

- My pocketing bladescape was a reply to bladescape saying "hey Snow, let's be townclear buddies". I could hardly say "no, I still think you're a wolf". Even my paranoia isn't that strong.

- asking gac about the hints... that's not entirely invalid but there's no reason why it couldn't be "town confused about what she sees as inconstencies".

- admitting I might be wrong... again, I don't see why that couldn't be "town with low confidence in her POE, especially after two members are confirmed town".

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

Yeah it's more of a "since we might not need both kills to check everybody, blades kill is contingency. Killing you in case meta is lying is a good contingency plan.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #343
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Also I know this doesn't actually matter, but Rogan is taking a lot of that post out of context. (That may be my fault for not quoting posts to provide said context.)

- my roleblocked thing was me meming about Percy Jackson when there was no wolf kill and Xihirli claimed to be roleblocked.

- the non-commital talk was in response to Moonfly asking me specifically if I had results, which was one of the things that made me think they'd given me the scry. I was trying to subtly hint that "yes, I got the scry but I don't think we should talk about it rn".

- My pocketing bladescape was a reply to bladescape saying "hey Snow, let's be townclear buddies". I could hardly say "no, I still think you're a wolf". Even my paranoia isn't that strong.

- asking gac about the hints... that's not entirely invalid but there's no reason why it couldn't be "town confused about what she sees as inconstencies".

- admitting I might be wrong... again, I don't see why that couldn't be "town with low confidence in her POE, especially after two members are confirmed town".
    - I got the context for the Roleblocking part, but it's not that much of a jump from "claiming to be role blocked can get you killed" to "Hey, if you blocked someone, now would be an excellent time to say so, so we can kill the blocked person". Sure, you didn't say it, but I think Wolf!you could have hoped someone would read it this way to set up one misslynch and get a claim at the same time to maybe night kill them.

- Okay, this mistake is on me. Your explanation is believable, I just compared it to Elennas possible Seer hint instead of getting the connection to moons gift.

- Hah! So you admit it was pocketing!

- Yeah, it could be town. But I am going by the following assumption: Cao didn't come up with the RAC quote on his own. So at least one of his wolf buddies was in this game, likely as a spy. This means either you or Elenna, right? You reacted to gac. As far as I know, Elenna didn't (but I was not looking that closely, I might have missed it).

- Yeah, it could be town. I would not use this as the sole reason to suspect you, but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    after a while it starts to add up, and I start wondering, what if itÂ’s because youÂ’re a wolf?

Now, you made it crystal clear that you will be able to use your ability tonight to show your alignment. I do wonder, what kind of mechanic is this supposed to be? But we will see.

About the targets for tonight, Elenna, you could take a look at Meta instead. Snow claims her reveal is fast, so she has to deliver and has absolutely no excuse.

Shooting Snow would be a strange move. It only makes sense if we assume she can be killed (only possible if Meta is lying about his power) and we think she is scum. So two more wolves, them being Snow&Meta.

Goof... I guess, shooting him would be possible, but I think he is much more likely to be town. He appeared on the ultimate question list. And I think this list was selected in a way to give maximum value for a wrong answer. One impossible person, to make it obvious the list is a lie. One suspect person (goof) to clear them. And AV/Rogan because be asked.
    But if we don't want to bet on this interpretation, I won't put up too much of a fight.

Meta... Shooting there is not necessarily, we will get the alignment via kill color. But we are running out of possible wolves.

Moon... If we want to shoot Meta, it has to be done by blades. So the only person left to shoot Moon is Meta.

Shooting Elenna is possible as well, but we would not get the scry if the shot hits. Hmmm... Meta shooting Elenna, Elenna scrying Meta. If Meta doesn't shoot, Elenna can either say guilty or she can say who was targeting Meta. If Meta does shoot at Elenna, we will see the kill color and Elennas flip.
    Worst case, there is no kill and Elenna says town and nobody targeted. We should lynch Elenna in this case and if she flips town, she was protected in the night to create this mess.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Yeah it's more of a "since we might not need both kills to check everybody, blades kill is contingency. Killing you in case meta is lying is a good contingency plan.
    For what little my life is worth, I don't think we should kill Snow, there is literally no way for her to be lying and get away with it. With a fast priority clear ability if it doesn't go off she gets lynched. That being said let me address our killers.

Meta, you better use that ability on me and not Elena. Stick to the plan.

Blade: Killing goof should be safe unless he goes back on his word and banes himself and not AV.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, come on. My night actions are already in. Should/can I change them at this point?

Blade: Killing goof should be safe unless he goes back on his word and banes himself and not AV.
    Bladescape is immune to death at night. Shooting the Goof is perfectly safe either way.
    Mutatis mutandis, I'll reiterate that the same stands for Snow. You can shoot her if you want, but it will be a waste of that night kill.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Oh, come on. My night actions are already in. Should/can I change them at this point?

Bladescape is immune to death at night. Shooting the Goof is perfectly safe either way.
    Mutatis mutandis, I'll reiterate that the same stands for Snow. You can shoot her if you want, but it will be a waste of that night kill.
    Killing Elenna, goof, moon, or snow is acceptable. If anybody shoots snow, it should be blade (who is a trusted kill), since the point of trying to shoot snow is testing meta's claim. But honestly whichever of those four gets shot by y'all is fine.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #347

Killing Elenna, goof, moon, or snow is acceptable. If anybody shoots snow, it should be blade (who is a trusted kill), since the point of trying to shoot snow is testing meta's claim. But honestly whichever of those four gets shot by y'all is fine.
    Staying on Elenna, then.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post

You can change your night actions up until the night is over.

I'd rather not trust you on bladescape bring immune.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eh... I kind of want to kill Moonfly over Elenna so we can get a scry result if Elenna is town. Though I'm a waste of a scry.

If Supagoof protects someone else, bladescape won't die regardless of whether he's immune. So the only way that bladescape gets killed tonight is if the team is exactly Supagoof/Meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair points, Rogan, I guess. I'll just prove you wrong mechanically, less effort than debating it.

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #350

ClericGuy

Wait a moment...
    Meta called dips on Elenna before. And you didn't want to get killed by you own power...

We know there might be a hidden drawback to the gifted powers (as part of the gifters power set). Which would explain why a wolf would hand them out to townies.

What if the kill power would kill kill Meta if used on moon?
    Meta would flip by dying indeed of showing his colors with the kill. Blades would kill goof.
    That's two townies down. Snow cleared.
    One more townie would die to the wolf kill.

Spoiler: Possible result of the night:
    Show

• Snowblaze - definitely alive, town
    • SupaGoof - dead, town
    • Taffimai - alive, neutral
    • Moonfly7 - alive, scum
    • BladeScape - definitely alive, town
    • Elenna - alive, scum?
    • Metastachydium - dead, town
    • Rogan, alive?, town

So we would have 3 or 4 town players.
    Elenna would be highly suspected and killed at day.
    That's still 3 or 4 town players left.
    In the night, we would have one kill and scum would have a kill. But no kill could effect Snow or Blades, unless the perma protection runs out after Metas death. Moon can kill AV now and somehow survive the night? But this would still be 2 or 3 VS 1. Even if Taff sides with the wolves, it's unlikely to result in a victory.

Spoiler: Alternative variant
    Show

• Snowblaze - definitely alive, scum
    • SupaGoof - dead, town
    • Moonfly7 - alive, scum
    • Elenna - alive, town
    • Rogan, alive?, town

Snow lied and gets lynched, no questions asked. That's 3 or 4 town players alive.
    Elenna is suspicious and gets killed in the night by blades, AV gets killed by scum.
    We are at 1 or 2 town vs 1 scum. Worst case, Taff sides with the wolves. Either wolf victory, or a close race depending on who is faster to vote.

Of course, that's all paranoia speaking.
    But I think, if someone should shoot Snow (alliteration) moon, it should be blades.
    Nobody should shoot Snow, because she either can prove her alignment, or she will have to die during the day anyway.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

21. - Top - End - #351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmmm...all this talk of directly killing me makes me want to protect myself. I mean, if the wolves know whom I'm protecting, they'd obviously attack someone else. So why should I follow any plan that clearly lays out whom I protect? That just doesn't make sense to me. Boil it down to the simplest arguments.

"If you're a loyal towny, you should protect the confirmed towny!" says the wolf, attempting to kill me in the night.
    "If you're a loyal towny, you should protect yourself!" says the wolf, attempting to kill someone else in the night.
    "If he's a loyal towny, we should kill him!" says the wolf, attempting to get me to protect myself, so they can kill someone else in the night.
    "If he's a loyal towny, we should target someone else!" says the wolf, attempting to get me to protect someone else, so they can me in the night.

"Here, wear this tinfoil hat!"
    "No, here - wear this tinfoil hat!"

My head tell me the one thing, my gut tells me the other. So yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do just yet. Got some time though.

Let's focus the conversation on where it should be - not whom to target tonight, but whom to lynch tomorrow. Cause that person, I sure am not going to protect.

Oh, and
    Snowblaze
    SupaGoof
    Taffimai
    Moonfly7
    BladeScape
    Elenna
    Metastachydium
    Rogan
    just to give Blades a wide open list of targets. Be free to kill whomever you choose.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Hmmm...all this talk of directly killing me makes me want to protect myself. I mean, if the wolves know whom I'm protecting, they'd obviously attack someone else. So why should I follow any plan that clearly lays out whom I protect? That just doesn't make sense to me.
    The whole point is to get the wolves to attack someone else, yes - specifically, someone who is not confirmed town. For that, we want as many confirmed townies to be protected as possible, which requires discussion and coordination.

At this point, it doesn't matter too much if you don't actually block the wolves' kill. We have enough of a numbers advantage that we can afford some deaths. What matters is decreasing the pool of unconfirmed people, and hopefully we can get wolves to help with that by killing one of them.

That being said, maybe the best plan is for you to bane one of Rogan and AV and not say which, since both are confirmed or nearly confirmed town. That would make it harder for wolves to avoid your bane without killing an unconfirmed person.

In any case, definitely don't bane yourself, especially if bladescape is going to kill you. It hardly makes sense for you to deliberately get a townie killed because they said they would kill you - unless you're a wolf, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Also unless anyone has objections I will switch to investigating Meta since Snow has said their power is fast. Kind of silly since I'm supposed to be killed but it feels like a waste to not use my power.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm...all this talk of directly killing me makes me want to protect myself. I mean, if the wolves know whom I'm protecting, they'd obviously attack someone else. So why should I follow any plan that clearly lays out whom I protect? That just doesn't make sense to me. Boil it down to the simplest arguments.

"If you're a loyal towny, you should protect the confirmed towny!" says the wolf, attempting to kill me in the night.
    "If you're a loyal towny, you should protect yourself!" says the wolf, attempting to kill someone else in the night.
    "If he's a loyal towny, we should kill him!" says the wolf, attempting to get me to protect myself, so they can kill someone else in the night.
    "If he's a loyal towny, we should target someone else!" says the wolf, attempting to get me to protect someone else, so they can me in the night.

"Here, wear this tinfoil hat!"
    "No, here - wear this tinfoil hat!"

My head tell me the one thing, my gut tells me the other. So yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do just yet. Got some time though.

Let's focus the conversation on where it should be - not whom to target tonight, but whom to lynch tomorrow. Cause that person, I sure am not going to protect.

Oh, and
    Snowblaze
    SupaGoof
    Taffimai
    Moonfly7
    BladeScape
    Elenna
    Metastachydium
    Rogan
    just to give Blades a wide open list of targets. Be free to kill whomever you choose.
    You Bane me or Rogan because we're the only safe targets for wolves. If wolves NK somebody else, they give town extra info, and they can't afford to do that.

If Rogan and I are baned, their choice is now either give town info, or deliberately don't NK anybody.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #354

ClericGuy

In any case, definitely don't bane yourself, especially if bladescape is going to kill you. It hardly makes sense for you to deliberately get a townie killed because they said they would kill you - unless you're a wolf, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Also unless anyone has objections I will switch to investigating Meta since Snow has said their power is fast. Kind of silly since I'm supposed to be killed but it feels like a waste to not use my power.
    Oh, I think goof can bane himself, as long as blades is shooting somewhere else. I mean, blades should be save from kills, but no need to take this risk.
    Goof, you should not bane someone we want to die tonight. I'm not 100% sure, but Meta, Moon and Elenna are possible targets we would want dead, to check them. You should not bane Snow or Blades (unless you are very sure that Meta is scum and they might be vulnerable).

Elenna, no objection at all to you changing targets. Meta should be a better target now.

- - - Updated - - -

• AvatarVecna - locked town. Very good target for protection
    • Snowblaze - will resolve tomorrow. Should be immune at night
    • SupaGoof - No mech evidence, but many hints for being town. Self protection is very risky. Better pick AV.
    • Taffimai - locked neutral. Town should ignore her.
    • Moonfly7 - No mech evidence. Don't protect him.
    • BladeScape - Locked Town! Should be immune at night.
    • Elenna - no mech evidence. Don't protect her.
    • Metastachydium - no mech evidence yet, but will show color tomorrow.
    • Rogan - locked town*. Good target for night protection.

*from my point of view. And Elennas. Everyone else can have minimal doubt, but scum!me would need to be in a team with Elenna and gave AV my true power name.

If I could force Goof to target someone, I would set him to AV.
    Goof would be working against towns best interests if he targets Elenna, Meta or Moon.
    Blades and Snow are only an acceptable target if he is sure Meta is lying.
    Goof would be a nice guy, but not helpful by targeting Taff.
    Goof could target himself if he expects scum to target him, but that's risky and I would not advise him to do so.
    Goof would pick a good target for town by protecting me. But I would prefer AV over me. WIFOM dictates that I might be the better target. When in doubt, Goof, flip a coin (and self target if it hits the edge).
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Worth noting that last UPick, Unavenger specifically asked me to keep playing and not surrender when wolves seemed doomed. So it's possible they've said the same thing to the wolves this time, and that could be why we haven't seen a surrender yet.

On the other hand, in retrospect it's clear that we had to keep playing last game to see if AV would win as SK. From what we know there's no reason to think there's any similar issue with this game's neutrals...
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-10-27 at 08:16 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Wait a moment...
    Meta called dips on Elenna before. And you didn't want to get killed by you own power...

We know there might be a hidden drawback to the gifted powers (as part of the gifters power set). Which would explain why a wolf would hand them out to townies.

What if the kill power would kill kill Meta if used on moon?
    Meta would flip by dying indeed of showing his colors with the kill. Blades would kill goof.
    That's two townies down. Snow cleared.
    One more townie would die to the wolf kill.

Spoiler: Possible result of the night:
    Show

• Snowblaze - definitely alive, town
    • SupaGoof - dead, town
    • Moonfly7 - alive, scum
    • Elenna - alive, scum?
    • Rogan, alive?, town

So we would have 3 or 4 town players.
    Elenna would be highly suspected and killed at day.
    That's still 3 or 4 town players left.
    In the night, we would have one kill and scum would have a kill. But no kill could effect Snow or Blades, unless the perma protection runs out after Metas death. Moon can kill AV now and somehow survive the night? But this would still be 2 or 3 VS 1. Even if Taff sides with the wolves, it's unlikely to result in a victory.

Spoiler: Alternative variant
    Show

• Snowblaze - definitely alive, scum
    • SupaGoof - dead, town
    • Moonfly7 - alive, scum
    • Elenna - alive, town
    • Rogan, alive?, town

Snow lied and gets lynched, no questions asked. That's 3 or 4 town players alive.
    Elenna is suspicious and gets killed in the night by blades, AV gets killed by scum.
    We are at 1 or 2 town vs 1 scum. Worst case, Taff sides with the wolves. Either wolf victory, or a close race depending on who is faster to vote.

Of course, that's all paranoia speaking.
    But I think, if someone should shoot Snow (alliteration) moon, it should be blades.
    Nobody should shoot Snow, because she either can prove her alignment, or she will have to die during the day anyway.
    I don't really care who does it, and clearly I dont want to die, but AV was making a decently solid argument for me to be the target. Elena could still get a scry off if she's telling the truth if we don't kill her, and Snow can clear herself. It's only me and Goof who are dead weight, we provide no answers tonight.

So Goof, I wouldn't bane yourself. We don't help town win by protecting ourselves, even if you aren't targeted by us, are a towny, and then get wolf killed(unlikely since that would confirm you as a non-suspect) It's still going to give town important info. Same for me if the wolves knife me. Overall, I think you need to be a tad less defensive and jumpy. Protect anyone but the unconfirmed people on the list(yes that includes yourself), preferabbly rogan or AV but I don't think it matters.

27. - Top - End - #357

ClericGuy

Worth noting that last UPick, Unavenger specifically asked me to keep playing and not surrender when wolves seemed doomed. So it's possible he's said the same thing to the wolves this time, and that could be why we haven't seen a surrender yet.

On the other hand, in retrospect it's clear that we had to keep playing last game to see if AV would win as SK. From what we know there's no reason to think there's any similar issue with this game's neutrals...
    Somehow, I start picturing Taff as another SK/Survivor combo who is waiting for town and wolves to kill each other off. It might not be the craziest thing to happen this time.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Barbarian in the Playground

Musical interlude.

Spoiler: Bang! by AJR
    Show

Sun is up, sun goes down and I'm guessing around
    And the neutrals and town, we are comfortable now
    Been a hell of a ride but I'm thinking it's time to blow
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

So I got an idea, shot across in the dark
    Put tinfoil on my head, still I'm feeling control
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

(Here we go)
    So get your best guess on everybody
    Pretend you know who's wrong
    Everybody come hang (come hang)
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    I'm way too newb to die for whatever
    I'm way too old to smile here forever come hang (come hang)
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

Feel like I'm gonna puke 'cause my heads spinning true,
    Do my trust him or her, or do I even trust you?
    Been a hell of a ride but I'm thinking it's time to go
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

(Metronome)
    Man, someone's up to something (up to something)
    Ooh de la de do, thank you all for coming (all for coming)
    I hope you like the show
    'Cause it's about a target (who to target)
    So ooh de la de do
    Yeah, come on, here we go
    Yeah, come on
    (Here we go)

Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang! (Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!)
    Bang! Bang! Bang! (Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!)
    Everybody come hang
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    (Here we go)
    Let's go out with a bang
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    (Here we go)
    Bang! Bang!
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

29. - Top - End - #359

ClericGuy

Musical interlude.

Spoiler: Bang! by AJR
    Show

Sun is up, sun goes down and I'm guessing around
    And the neutrals and town, we are comfortable now
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

So I got an idea, shot across in the dark
    Put tinfoil on my head, still I'm feeling control
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

(Here we go)
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

Feel like I'm gonna puke 'cause my heads spinning true,
    Do my trust him or her, or do I even trust you?
    Bang! Bang! Bang!

(Metronome)
    Man, someone's up to something (up to something)
    Ooh de la de do, thank you all for coming (all for coming)
    I hope you like the show
    'Cause it's about a target (who to target)
    So ooh de la de do
    Yeah, come on, here we go
    Yeah, come on
    (Here we go)

Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang! (Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!)
    Everybody come hang
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    (Here we go)
    Let's go out with a bang
    Let's go out with a bang
    Bang! Bang! Bang!
    (Here we go)
    Bang! Bang!
    Arghs...! Goof, you are making me paranoid about you.
    But... wtf is my power actually doing if you are a wolf?

*silently cries in a corner*
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360

Arghs...! Goof, you are making me paranoid about you.
    But... wtf is my power actually doing if you are a wolf?

*silently cries in a corner*
    [Ominous orchestral note.] Don't worry, Rogan. I have your back.