New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I have no such power. The first night, I was told I was set on fire, and shot with a pistol. I was likely told about the pistol because of my "one-time auto-self-bane" ability. I have no idea why I was informed about being set on fire. I have said this multiple times already.
    I'm sorry. This game has so many confusing twists and turns, I must have imagined seeing this, based on the info you gave us about knowing about the block and the kill. But I was so sure about having seen this somewhere...
    So... great. Now I can't trust my reads, my power and my memory.
    Can anybody please daykill me, to provide their own alignment? This seems to be the only way I can still be useful...
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    The funny thing is, I did recently (as in at dawn) acquire a one-shot power I'll have to use or lose next night. Somehow. It has nothing to do with my main power or my role, for that matter. It's also kinda creepy, but Unavenger confirmed that it's not an Evil thing.
    My main power, on the other hand is not a one-shot thing:
    Wait, did I miss something? Moonfly can empower people with stuff?
    Indeed I can! Hence why I was concerned about you being suspected of being a hostile, I'd just handed you a loaded gun. And yeah, creepy would describe my powers pretty well. There's gonna be an ominous death scene when you use them, and it is gonna look a LOT like an SK or Mafia kill, but it's just my gifted kill ability.

Still got a few more tricks up my sleeve, but as shown, each can only operate once.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I think I will say now that I saw Supagoof target Rogan last night. Which makes me feel better about him, since he did actually target Rogan as agreed, and his power was at least not something obviously detrimental.

You know what would be serious funny?
    When you are bluffing right now and could copy AVs power in order to either commit suicide legally or prove you are not the killer.

Can you tell us something about your power or do we need to wait till you flip?
    Oh, and if you are a survivor, we know there have to be multiple neutral roles. Or you lied when you denied killing our necromancer.

About Elenna, if she is a wolf, she was bussing day 1. Would she do so? Now, I said I was hoping for a non-lethal check, so they would know/expect that Cao could not live long. So a bus would not be as expensive. And as far as I know, she is not generally opposed to bussing.
    Can't prove this but I'm pretty reluctant to bus unless it's pretty clear that my partner is doomed eventually and I have their permission. I don't think Cao was pretty clearly doomed when I made my vote.

Back from the beuty sleep! (Only to find I'm apparently a top candidate for being an Evil dog now.)
    So. AV is wrong and Batcathat is kinda-sorta right. If you go back and check, I also said it is impossible for bladescape to die at night. I could afford being confident, because I made that happen. I'm a continuous doctor. I make people immune to death at night. Forever. Not even I can revoke it. Bladescape is currently under my protection, so I knew he's effectively impervious to night kills, including Supagoof's claimed beastlike power (because that would be a death at night).
    As for AV, I had to be confident there. I wanted the dogs to know there's probably a baner other than the Goof and that baner is watching over AV (do note that I never said Rogan will be fine). Of course, since my night 2 target was bladescape, this was a bluff. Hence the definitive need for ridiculous amounts of (feigned) confidence. If I were to give an explanation for how can I protect both AV and bladescape, I would have told the truth: I can protect multiple people at once. But that never came up and I wasn't going to bring it up.
    Hmm, okay. Seems a little OP, although that's partly mitigated by a) the large number of kills going about, and b) the possibility of making a wolf NK-immune.

AV has a point about the "or nothing can prevent it", although I think there are other possible explanations for that line.

My current POE (without having gone back to reread/ISO anything):
    • AvatarVecna - Reads pretty strongly town to me. It's also worth noting that AV stated their Ultimate Question answers before Rogan did, and then Rogan confirmed he had something similar. So if AV is a wolf then either AV actually did ask that question (which seems rather a waste of a night power, from wolf!Av's POV) or Rogan is also wolf (which I find very hard to believe given their interaction D2).
    • Snowblaze - Looks very towny from D1. My only worry is that (from my POV) the RAC quote seems to imply at this point that Snow must be a wolf. I could see D1 being w/w, maybe, but I just can't imagine wolf!Snow bussing a partner so early for no reason.
    • Batcathat - I can't recall anything in particular they've said that struck me as towny. They did break a Caoimhin/Snow tie 5 hours before EOD D1 by voting Cao, so that's town points, but also by tie rules Caoimhin would have died anyways. Plus we're running out of people who didn't vote Cao so at this point it's pretty clear that at least one wolf bussed, likely both. Wolf lean based mostly on lack of other suspects.
    • SupaGoof - Based on their posts, I'm pretty neutral on them. But if AV's interpretation of Rogan's power is correct, that would clear them. Plus he targeted Rogan as mentioned above. Slight town lean.
    • Taffimai - Probably an actual Survivor. Cleared of being wolf/SK based on kill colour.
    • Book Wombat - SK/Survivor role, probably going to die by suicide soon
    • Moonfly7 - Town lean based on giving Snow a scry, plus it's hard to imagine a wolf defending Cao quite so hard D1.
    • BladeScape - Cleared by kill colour
    • Metastachydium - Claims a strong power which at least makes sense of their statements last night. Does wolf!Meta put their first random vote on their partner and then stay there the entire day despite all arguments made against other people? I guess it's not impossible, at this point, but it's less likely than BCH bussing, I think. Slight wolf lean mostly due to lack of other suspects
    • Rogan - I'm less suspicious of them at this point, as I can't believe wolf!Rogan would actually let AV use that power. Leaning town.

Changing my vote to Batcathat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Ok I'm guessing... Harvey Dent?

- - - Updated - - -

Reasoning: Day 1 you took your serum and were survivor, Day 2 you didn't and got access to serial killer powers.
    Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, I'm thinking. That also involves a serum, and the "Strange Case" that BW mentioned earlier (with the capital letters), would be the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, the title of the book.
    (Also it's apparently in their signature now.) (Edit: nevermind, either they removed it or I misunderstood what Rogan was talking about.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I think I will say now that I saw Supagoof target Rogan last night. Which makes me feel better about him, since he did actually target Rogan as agreed, and his power was at least not something obviously detrimental.
    Forgot to say - this isn't all my power does, but I'd rather reveal the rest of it later (obviously if I'm likely to get lynched I'll reveal it).
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-10-24 at 10:04 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

• SupaGoof - Based on their posts, I'm pretty neutral on them. But if AV's interpretation of Rogan's power is correct, that would clear them.
    • Taffimai - Probably an actual Survivor. Cleared of being wolf/SK based on kill colour. Plus he targeted Rogan as mentioned above. Slight town lean.
    I assume you meant to add those sententces to Supagoof, I didn't target Rogan last night.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I assume you meant to add those sententces to Supagoof, I didn't target Rogan last night.
    Yes, thank you. Fixed now.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mmm... yeah, I'm thinking there's exactly one wolf in Elenna/Batcathat rn. I don't have reasons to townread either except their Caoimhin votes (obligatory "I haven't ISOed either of them, which I really need to do") and as Elenna says, we're running out of non-Caoimhin-voters.

General question: given the above premise, which one is more likely to be a wolf?

- - - Updated - - -

And if that's the case then the remaining wolf (or wolves) must be in Meta/AV/Rogan/Supagoof of which I have by far the weakest reasons to townread Supagoof.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #127

ClericGuy

I was reading the posts around your (AV) claim last thread and recalled what I could from the description you had posted.

I remember the basic powers now, while I am still insecure about some details. No general "learn what happened" power.
    I also noticed I posted about your knowledge of Xihirli and the mafia kill in the post after your claim. Now, straining my brain some more, I think I had written this post before I saw your full claim. So, info very close together, but not really related.

It was a heated and fast going argument, so the details are blurred a bit. So, yeah. I think I see now what happened there. It's still a blow to my confidence about the worth of my participation here. I will still try.

I was also taking a look at the Multi ISO AV did about Elenna, Cao and me.
    One thing that seemed incredibly sketchy AT THAT TIME (no day power!) in regards to Elenna was the thing about her not crossing out her old vote. Elenna herself commented on it, but I will repeat it here: The last vote counts. It doesn't matter if the vote before was crossed or not.
    Now, I think you (AV) had handled this differently in your game, so being in this headspace is easy to explain.
    But even disregarding multiple things from the ISO, some parts might still be valid.

I can't clear Elenna mechanicallt anymore and I can still see some things about her as scum. For example, Wolf!Elenna could have noticed how my mind worked regarding attack/defense pattern, so she made sure to give my town points for the victory condition thing, expecting me to return the favor.
    There are other points, like the QT stuff.
    I think she was in The Thing and asked a question for the narrator about an auto lynch, a question that would look townie on the surface (the things would know this already so no need to ask) but was utterly irrelevant to the game state. I think, she was a thing at this time.
    This QT problem seems similar. Something not really connected to the game state (so no danger of hurting the team) but looking townie.

About the bussing or not bussing... I can only remember the answer in CI, where we were a wolf team. I asked her if I could/should bus her in the unlikely case (which nearly happened) that Xi would give me a scry on her. Her reply was "feel free to bus" or very similar. So... not generally opposed to bussing. She was also defending me before, so she is not eager to bus either. On the other hand, I think she was the one saying it would not be wise to use a scry on someone you read as town, in a situation where I said I would prefer Cao checked this way. So a soft defense, in case Cao would survive, while still bussing since Cao was more likely to die sooner or later.

But I am pretty sure, if I were to go back and do an ISO, thinking she was town, I could find examples for this as well. Soo.... I'm afraid this is a long post saying that I can't really say anything about Elenna.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Can't prove this but I'm pretty reluctant to bus unless it's pretty clear that my partner is doomed eventually and I have their permission. I don't think Cao was pretty clearly doomed when I made my vote.

Hmm, okay. Seems a little OP, although that's partly mitigated by a) the large number of kills going about, and b) the possibility of making a wolf NK-immune.

AV has a point about the "or nothing can prevent it", although I think there are other possible explanations for that line.

My current POE (without having gone back to reread/ISO anything):
    • AvatarVecna - Reads pretty strongly town to me. It's also worth noting that AV stated their Ultimate Question answers before Rogan did, and then Rogan confirmed he had something similar. So if AV is a wolf then either AV actually did ask that question (which seems rather a waste of a night power, from wolf!Av's POV) or Rogan is also wolf (which I find very hard to believe given their interaction D2).
    • Snowblaze - Looks very towny from D1. My only worry is that (from my POV) the RAC quote seems to imply at this point that Snow must be a wolf. I could see D1 being w/w, maybe, but I just can't imagine wolf!Snow bussing a partner so early for no reason.
    • Batcathat - I can't recall anything in particular they've said that struck me as towny. They did break a Caoimhin/Snow tie 5 hours before EOD D1 by voting Cao, so that's town points, but also by tie rules Caoimhin would have died anyways. Plus we're running out of people who didn't vote Cao so at this point it's pretty clear that at least one wolf bussed, likely both. Wolf lean based mostly on lack of other suspects.
    • SupaGoof - Based on their posts, I'm pretty neutral on them. But if AV's interpretation of Rogan's power is correct, that would clear them. Plus he targeted Rogan as mentioned above. Slight town lean.
    • Taffimai - Probably an actual Survivor. Cleared of being wolf/SK based on kill colour.
    • Book Wombat - SK/Survivor role, probably going to die by suicide soon
    • Moonfly7 - Town lean based on giving Snow a scry, plus it's hard to imagine a wolf defending Cao quite so hard D1.
    • BladeScape - Cleared by kill colour
    • Metastachydium - Claims a strong power which at least makes sense of their statements last night. Does wolf!Meta put their first random vote on their partner and then stay there the entire day despite all arguments made against other people? I guess it's not impossible, at this point, but it's less likely than BCH bussing, I think. Slight wolf lean mostly due to lack of other suspects
    • Rogan - I'm less suspicious of them at this point, as I can't believe wolf!Rogan would actually let AV use that power. Leaning town.

Changing my vote to Batcathat.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, I'm thinking. That also involves a serum, and the "Strange Case" that BW mentioned earlier (with the capital letters), would be the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, the title of the book.
    (Also it's apparently in their signature now.) (Edit: nevermind, either they removed it or I misunderstood what Rogan was talking about.)

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to say - this isn't all my power does, but I'd rather reveal the rest of it later (obviously if I'm likely to get lynched I'll reveal it).
    Just wanted to point out, Taffimai is not actually cleared by kill color. Wombat is still claiming neutral but has claimed that night kill, citing suspicion of of Gac3 as reasoning. Not saying that clears wombat or damns Taff, it doesn't, but it does make one thing clear: We still don't know what color SK has. When it was unclaimed, orange was almost certainly SK's, now that it is claimed, it's possible that the SK has a cyan KC and simply has failed to kill anyone yet. I don't believe that to be true necassarily, but it is a very important fact that I think we would be foolish to ignore. Taff isn't cleared yet, even if I do suspect Book. But with Books suicide, we should soon get the answers we seek one way or another.

9. - Top - End - #129

ClericGuy

SupaGoof - Based on their posts, I'm pretty neutral on them. But if AV's interpretation of Rogan's power is correct, that would clear them. Plus he targeted Rogan as mentioned above. Slight town lean.

This is ruthless, but targeting Elenna would help clearing Goof. Town!Elenna would not lie about Goofs power usage. Wolf!Elenna might.

But it could also work the other way round. If Goof is a wolf, Elenna is likely lying and a wolf as well.

So... an argument for killing one of them today.

And yeah, he had J&H in his extended signature when I said this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, something to boost my confidence a tiny bit:
    I've got Blades as town day 1.
    *continues to skim day 1*
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Saaad thiiings haaappen iiin liiife...
    Good luck to everyone then. I didn't fake-claim but I can't prove it. I might as well go on my own terms so...
    PULL THE LEVER: BOOK WOMBAT

Was a fun game.
    Book Wombat died today. They committed suicide. Book Wombat's role was Mr Hyde.

Book Wombat, you are Doctor Jekyll, a LOVED ROLE BLOCKER and the SURVIVOR, and Mr Hyde, BULLETPROOF and the SERIAL KILLER. You win the game if you kill every hostile character or nothing can prevent this from happening and you survive until the end of the game.

You have FIVE abilities:

Time for a Change (Passive): You start as Doctor Jekyll, and at DUSK, if you are Doctor Jekyll, you become Mr Hyde, and if you are Mr Hyde, you become Doctor Jekyll. You may type SERUM in the main chat during each DAY to avoid switching at the start of the next DUSK.

If you are Doctor Jekyll, you do not have access to Mr Hyde’s abilities and vice versa. If an ability cares about your name, only one of the names is your name at a time. Further, anything you do as Doctor Jekyll is not traceable to Mr Hyde and vice versa. Finally, Doctor Jekyll is actually a Survivor (just a Survivor with an unusual victory condition) so you will appear as one if investigated.

Loved (Passive): So long as you are named Doctor Jekyll, you have a passive -1 to your execution votes. This will NOT be announced unless it becomes relevant.

Philanthropy (Roleblock Priority): So long as you are named Doctor Jekyll, once per NIGHT you may choose a player: they are role blocked tonight (Fast Priority and other Roleblock Priority abilities cannot be blocked).

Lost (Passive): So long as you are named Mr Hyde, you are IMMUNE to dying during the NIGHT.

Brutality (Kill Priority): So long as you are named Mr Hyde, once per NIGHT you may choose a player: they die.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Well, we don't have to worry about Wombat or the SK anymore. And technically, he was never lying to us. Weird. So that begs the question, is there another, more traditional survivor?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the beaten up part makes sense, since you know, hyde stomped children to death in the book.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-24 at 12:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Well, we don't have to worry about Wombat or the SK anymore. And technically, he was never lying to us. Weird. So that begs the question, is there another, more traditional survivor?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the beaten up part makes sense, since you know, hyde stomped children to death in the book.
    Oh, this reminds me, I forgot to put the kill flavor at the end of Hyde's ability but it should say "They will be reported as having been beaten to death".

13. - Top - End - #133
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is ruthless, but targeting Elenna would help clearing Goof. Town!Elenna would not lie about Goofs power usage. Wolf!Elenna might.
    I'd rather not kill more townsfolk if we can avoid it; in other words, I'm against killing probably-town Elenna just to clear the Goof. At this rate, we might end up winning this for the dogs!

I think I'd rather join Elenna on Batcathat. They've been on my I don't like somethin' about 'em list for a while now.

And in case there isn't, what on earth is Taffimai supposed to be?

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized this: due to the Wombat's death we now outgun the dogs at night!

14. - Top - End - #134

ClericGuy

So two survivors were kind of possible, after all... I guess there is nothing I can be sure about.

It also makes me think 4 wolves are more likely.
    This could also fit the theory that my power is always lying. We got 3 names, while there should be 4.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I'd rather not kill more townsfolk if we can avoid it; in other words, I'm against killing probably-town Elenna just to clear the Goof. At this rate, we might end up winning this for the dogs!

I think I'd rather join Elenna on Batcathat. They've been on my I don't like somethin' about 'em list for a while now.

And in case there isn't, what on earth is Taffimai supposed to be?

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized this: due to the Wombat's death we now outgun the dogs at night!
    Yep! So long as you aren't an enemy, and I don't think you are, we have more damage now.
    So two survivors were kind of possible, after all... I guess there is nothing I can be sure about.

It also makes me think 4 wolves are more likely.
    This could also fit the theory that my power is always lying. We got 3 names, while there should be 4.
    I think there were 4 total. We killed one. 5 hostile with the SK, factoring in the insane powers we've been seeing, there being 3 left alive sounds plausible. Let's be honest, having large numbers of town woth kill abilities honestly makes this harder for us. Think about it. How many Mafioso have we actually hit yet? 0. Zilch. Nada. I think there are 3 left, with the balancing factor of so many kill powers being the sheer numbers town had. Chances were always good we'd kill ourselves more than them.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, I'm almost positive Elena has an Amongus based role. Airlock sounds way to much like that.

16. - Top - End - #136

Oh also, I'm almost positive Elena has an Amongus based role. Airlock sounds way to much like that.
    Did you mean: Taffimai?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Did you mean: Taffimai?
    Yes, sorry. Taffimai not Elena.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Voting History
    Show
    Code:
    Meta			Supagoof (1)
    Taffimai		Taffimai (1)
    AV			Elenna (1)
    Rogan			Wombat (1)
    Moonfly 		Wombat (2)
    Elenna			Meta (1)
    Snow			Wombat (3)
    Blade 			Wombat (4)
    BatCat			Wombat (5)
    Elenna			BatCat (1)   Meta (0)
    Meta			BatCat (2)   Supagoof (0)
    Kicking a dead marsupial: Rogan, Moonfly, Snow, BatCat and Bladescape

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Taffimai, why are you self-voting?
    After thinking about it for a while, I have decided to volunteer that I used a night power that makes me immune to the lynch today. This morning I was still salty, and did not much care if you wasted a lynch, but Book Wombat's heroic self-sacrifice has mollified me.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to do a quick eval without assuming any question-based info.

AvatarVecna: lock town. Not just because I know I'm town, UT because I'm paired with Rogan. It makes no sense for scum!Rogan to give town!me the right power name and it makes no sense for scum!me to use the power and then immediately call out the results as BS (especially since I got public results before Rogan, whose results were identical). AvatarVecna and Rogan are paired on one team or the other, and even for those of you who can't see our alignments in QT, do you really believe we're both scum?

Snowblaze: strong town lean. Drove the bus that ran over Cao, and didn't have to bus.

Batcathat: Scumlean. Low activity, flying under the radar, and I think jumped on Cao's wagon last minute when it wouldn't make a difference? Need to ISO them to be sure about this read.

Supagoof: Medium Town read. Targeted Rogan like a good townie. Do y'all remember Goof saying he tried to QT and got yelled at for it? I was the person who got the QT, and it was specifically a warning about the side effect to his Bane power in case I decided I wanted to copy him. I'm still not sure why he thought I was trying to copy his Bane power, but AFAICT Supagoof tried to save my life, or at least make sure I knew O was risking it copying his power. Yes my read here is leaning town even without taking the questions into account.

Taffimai: confirmed Neutral. My day kill would've bypassed Hyde's NK Immunity, but Unavenger has confirmed it wouldn't have affected Jekyll, so even more circumstantial than I initially thought.

Moonfly7: Not sure what to think. Probably have to ISO them but aaaaaaaaaa

bladescape: confirmed town.

Elenna: I'm still super-suspicious of Elenna. I think the way she reacted to gac is very different from how Rogan and I did in a suspicious way, that looks more interested in tossing shade than discovering the truth.

Metastachydium: but for a single incredibly bad-looking scumslip, seems town enough. Power sounds absurdly strong, but sadly not unbelievably strong. I should probably start that ISO but aaaaaaaaa.

Rogan: locktown and I'll die defending him.

Reads from towniest to scummiest

bladescape
    Rogan

Snowblaze
    Supagoof

Taffamai

Moonfly7
    Batcathat

Metastachydium

Elenna

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I'm going to do a quick eval without assuming any question-based info.

AvatarVecna: lock town. Not just because I know I'm town, UT because I'm paired with Rogan. It makes no sense for scum!Rogan to give town!me the right power name and it makes no sense for scum!me to use the power and then immediately call out the results as BS (especially since I got public results before Rogan, whose results were identical). AvatarVecna and Rogan are paired on one team or the other, and even for those of you who can't see our alignments in QT, do you really believe we're both scum?

Snowblaze: strong town lean. Drove the bus that ran over Cao, and didn't have to bus.

Batcathat: Scumlean. Low activity, flying under the radar, and I think jumped on Cao's wagon last minute when it wouldn't make a difference? Need to ISO them to be sure about this read.

Supagoof: Medium Town read. Targeted Rogan like a good townie. Do y'all remember Goof saying he tried to QT and got yelled at for it? I was the person who got the QT, and it was specifically a warning about the side effect to his Bane power in case I decided I wanted to copy him. I'm still not sure why he thought I was trying to copy his Bane power, but AFAICT Supagoof tried to save my life, or at least make sure I knew O was risking it copying his power. Yes my read here is leaning town even without taking the questions into account.

Taffimai: confirmed Neutral. My day kill would've bypassed Hyde's NK Immunity, but Unavenger has confirmed it wouldn't have affected Jekyll, so even more circumstantial than I initially thought.

Moonfly7: Not sure what to think. Probably have to ISO them but aaaaaaaaaa

bladescape: confirmed town.

Elenna: I'm still super-suspicious of Elenna. I think the way she reacted to gac is very different from how Rogan and I did in a suspicious way, that looks more interested in tossing shade than discovering the truth.

Metastachydium: but for a single incredibly bad-looking scumslip, seems town enough. Power sounds absurdly strong, but sadly not unbelievably strong. I should probably start that ISO but aaaaaaaaa.

Rogan: locktown and I'll die defending him.

bladescape
    Rogan

Snowblaze
    Supagoof

Taffamai

Moonfly7
    Batcathat

Metastachydium

Elenna
    Well, 2 concerning things on that list. If Meta really deserves to be so low I really messed up. But it is a one use.

Obviously the second thing is my own placement. I feel my best argument for that is what my initial innocence argument was:
    If I am a wolf, I am a ridiculously stupid one.

I voted for snow the first day hard, and not just that but stuck on the "Cao is innocent" bandwagon. I staked my belief in him so hard it hurt me to look back at it, if I was wolf doing that I would have either been an idiot the others didn't care about losing, or playing a long game so complicated and capable of backfiring that it would never be worth the risk.

Then, immediatley after having been proven wrong about snow, who ahd every reason to suspect me as a wolf, I handed her a Divination ability. I told no one besides a very vague hint that only she picked up on(Very proud of that honestly). If I was a wolf, handing Snowblaze a divination read would've been insane. She just killed Cao without one, giving her one is to big a risk unless I'm town.

And I gave Meta the Kill back when everyone was saying they had town locked him, I didn't want to give it to Bladescape because he would likely be blocked again and couldn't use it. Meta was my best chocie at the time and I thought he was innocent.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-24 at 01:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Come on! It's just 131 posts! It's only going to get worse!
    (And if by scumslip you mean that I wasn't expecting the Ultimate Question to work, well, a method using which you can solve the whole game freaking night 1 is a bit too crazy even by Upick standards. Of course I didn't expect it to work.)

bladescape
    Rogan

Snowblaze
    Supagoof

Taffamai

Moonfly7
    Batcathat

Metastachydium

Elenna
    And to think that I used to be lock town!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

(And if by scumslip you mean that I wasn't expecting the Ultimate Question to work, well, a method using which you can solve the whole game freaking night 1 is a bit too crazy even by Upick standards. Of course I didn't expect it to work.)

In metas defense, I felt the same way. But I didn't want to mention it and rain on everyones parade. But realistically, what else was the hidden text going to be but a hundrance? A secret way the power was better? I think we can all agree we didn't expect it to work 100%.

23. - Top - End - #143

And I gave Meta the Kill back when everyone was saying they had town locked him, I didn't want to give it to Bladescape because he would likely be blocked again and couldn't use it. Meta was my best chocie at the time and I thought he was innocent.
    Was your conviction shaken? I'm still town, and unless Unavanger lied to me about your powers not being inherently Evil, I'll stay that way for as long as I live.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

The scumslip is you acting like a moustache-twirling villain in regards to us being dead or roleblocked. Even if you had reason to believe we're both baned, banes block kills not roleblocks. So unless you not only get perma-banes, but they protect from everything and not just kills, it's still strangely confident unless you know for a fact that wolves aren't going to bother spending resources on preventing the question. And the only people who would know wolves had no reason to even spend those resources in the first place is the scumteam.

You were locktown when the question cleared you of being mafia and my SK-kill cleared you of being SK. But frankly, we're running out of people who can be scum. As far as I'm concerned, blade is narrator-confirmed, rogan and snow are basically locktown for life (rogan slightly more than snow), Supagoof broke the rules to try save my life, and Taff is confirmed neutral. That leaves moon (and based on their above post, if they're scum they've basically been throwing the game), Batcathat (whose greatest crime is "being quiet"), Meta (who scumslipped), and Elenna (whose ISO looks awful). Unless you wanna argue the scumteam is literally just AV/Rogan, there's not a lot of room for your innocence. And at the very least, you'll have a hell of a time convincing me or Rogan of that.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-10-24 at 01:29 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. I went back and forth on whether BW was a survivor or a serial killer, but I did not expect the answer to be "both".

I'm still leaning towards Elenna and Goof as the wolves. My gut is leaning towards the latter and my brain towards the former. Not sure which body part I should trust with my vote.

I don't think there's a lot I can reply to in the suspicions against myself. They're rather vague, but sort of understandable. I think the above should be checked before me though.

26. - Top - End - #146

ClericGuy

1. If there's a seer, check AV. I don't trust 'em and their powers sound weird.
    2. If there are two seers (or the like), check Fext too. The overlap is giving me some pause.
    3. I don't like Xihirli's reluctance to comment on her night kill post, but she's a wildcard. We can deal with her later.
    4. I don't see what Bladescape's game is. If he's town, the dogs know, so he mostly just confuses us.
    5. Rogan owes us a very good explanation (he defended Caoimhin and the Cape might have defended him early on). I'd also like to hear moonfly's reasoning for defending CTC, for that matter. But those can wait 'till daytime rolls around.

Also, am I even in this game anymore? No one suspects me of anything and only Snow is on the record that she does not suspect me of anything.

This post is giving me some bad vibes. It could be a wolf, trying to direct towns attention to save targets. AV, Fext and to a lesser degree blades and myself. Also a partly defense of Xi.

Regarding point 5: I explained my reasons already. They didn't change by being wrong. That's all.

The last part feels a bit townie. As a wolf, I would not want to get too much attention, while as a townie, I would want to be noticed to check the reads and reactions.

Overall, mixed feelings. Am I biased here?

Noted. Please remember me to respond to this in more detail if I survive the night.
    I must have failed my Sense Humour check. It took me far too long to get that.

Rogan, I can see where you're coming from with some parts of that, but
    a) how do you know these people are "safe targets" for wolves? Why couldn't AV/Fext/bladescape be wolves?

b) Meta is never partners with Caoimhin, so they're town. (Or SK, I suppose... actually that sounds kind of plausible. Still, I'd rather hunt wolves than the SK for now.)
    Snow, AV used my power, Fext flipped town and Blades is locked town vig.

Yeah. Hindsight... but my point seems valid, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Since my instincts are usually wrong in this game, I'm gonna go against them and say Rogan (might change after I have time to check out his interactions with Cao). Even less ideas for a second name, I'll get back to you on that.
    I mentioned I intended to go back to this at d2, but never did.

Voting for me to get night killed is entirely in character for Bat. But he could say this as either alignment. Check other possible wolves first, but don't clear him.

I suggest I test a thing Snow said at day 1.

after a while it starts to add up, and I start wondering, what if it’s because you’re a wolf?
    (About Meta)

If the result is YES, METASTACHYDIUM IS A WOLF (no day action!) I would consider him innocent, otherwise he should be checked.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-24 at 01:36 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

The scumslip is you acting like a moustache-twirling villain in regards to us being dead or roleblocked. Even if you had reason to believe we're both baned,
    I was confident Rogan will be baned. I knew you weren't. I just trusted my bluff to work. (You might notice that the term I used was unlikely, rather than impossible).

banes block kills not roleblocks. So unless you not only get perma-banes, but they protect from everything and not just kills, it's still strangely confident unless you know for a fact that wolves aren't going to bother spending resources on preventing the question. And the only people who would know wolves had no reason to even spend those resources in the first place is the scumteam.
    I didn't expect the dogs to have two roleblocks, and, again, I absolutely didn't expect cooperation between the dogs and the killer (but I've already told you folks that much), so I felt that it's safe enough to stretch the bluff a bit.

You were locktown when the question cleared you of being mafia and my SK-kill cleared you of being SK. But frankly, we're running out of people who can be scum. As far as I'm concerned, blade is narrator-confirmed, rogan and snow are basically locktown for life (rogan slightly more than snow), Supagoof broke the rules to try save my life, and Taff is confirmed neutral. That leaves moon (and based on their above post, if they're scum they've basically been throwing the game), Batcathat (whose greatest crime is "being quiet"), Meta (who scumslipped), and Elenna (whose ISO looks awful). Unless you wanna argue the scumteam is literally just AV/Rogan, there's not a lot of room for your innocence. And at the very least, you'll have a hell of a time convincing me or Rogan of that.
    So you're basically accusing me of what you seem to be clearing Moonfly for, namely being bad at being a wolf? You are imlying that I bussed the Cape with what started as a joke vote and then I started gloating about supposed wolf knowledge. I don't have your experience, that is true, but frankly, assuming such incompetence on my part is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Huh. I went back and forth on whether BW was a survivor or a serial killer, but I did not expect the answer to be "both".

I'm still leaning towards Elenna and Goof as the wolves. My gut is leaning towards the latter and my brain towards the former. Not sure which body part I should trust with my vote.

I don't think there's a lot I can reply to in the suspicions against myself. They're rather vague, but sort of understandable. I think the above should be checked before me though.
    If Rogan's not a wolf, the Goof is unlikely to be one, unless you want to wade knee deep into tinfoil territory (the Goof baned Rogan to get towncred because the dogs were certain for some reason that town doesn't have a kill other than bladescape's).

Snow, AV used my power, Fext flipped town and Blades is locked town vig.

Yeah. Hindsight... but my point seems valid, after all.
    It wasn't a very good point then and that didn't change much. I suspected AV because they are AV; bladescape because he was being uncooperative and confusing; and Fext because I thought their claim conflicts with AV's.

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest I test a thing Snow said at day 1.

(About Meta)

If the result is YES, METASTACHYDIUM IS A WOLF (no day action!) I would consider him innocent, otherwise he should be checked.
    Lemme guess. By "checked" you mean "killed".

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I was confident Rogan will be baned. I knew you weren't. I just trusted my bluff to work. (You might notice that the term I used was unlikely, rather than impossible).

I didn't expect the dogs to have two roleblocks, and, again, I absolutely didn't expect cooperation between the dogs and the killer (but I've already told you folks that much), so I felt that it's safe enough to stretch the bluff a bit.

So you're basically accusing me of what you seem to be clearing Moonfly for, namely being bad at being a wolf? You are imlying that I bussed the Cape with what started as a joke vote and then I started gloating about supposed wolf knowledge. I don't have your experience, that is true, but frankly, assuming such incompetence on my part is insulting.

If Rogan's not a wolf, the Goof is unlikely to be one, unless you want to wade knee deep into tinfoil territory (the Goof baned Rogan to get towncred because the dogs were certain for some reason that town doesn't have a kill other than bladescape's).

It wasn't a very good point then and that didn't change much. I suspected AV because they are AV; bladescape because he was being uncooperative and confusing; and Fext because I thought their claim conflicts with AV's.

- - - Updated - - -

I think hes talking about asking a question tonight on on the assumption that the answers he gets are wrong.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #149

I think hes talking about asking a question tonight on on the assumption that the answers he gets are wrong.
    That's explicitly not the case. He says I need checking if his power fails to peg me as a wolf.

30. - Top - End - #150

ClericGuy

It wasn't a very good point then and that didn't change much. I suspected AV because they are AV; bladescape because he was being uncooperative and confusing; and Fext because I thought their claim conflicts with AV's

You knew AV wasn't baned because...? Or I would be banned? Do you know something that makes you sure about other people's action?
    (Your emphasis on the words also sounds very similar to something I said as a wolf in Love Letter. But this might be coincidence)

It's possible for a townie to pick those targets. But getting only townies as targets for a scry can definitely a wolf move. Especially if they were in part honest about hunting the killer.

And yeah. Checked means killed. Unless we have a true Seer, there seems to be no other way.
    Show