New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

Ultimately it doesn't matter though. I think that there are only four people who could possibly be wolves, even if I'm willing to admit that Snow and Supagoof could be considered after that point. If I'm wrong, it doesn't actually matter, because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Hypothetical situation:

D3: starts 7-1-2, lynch elenna (town), ends 6-1-2
    N3: starts 6-1-2, scum NK ? (town), blade NK BCH (town), meta NK moon (town/town), ends 3-1-2.
    Here we are, start of D4. The town players are blade, rogan, and whichever of AV/meta the wolves didn't kill. The neutral is taffimai. The scumbuddies are Snowblaze and Supagoof.

And everybody knows it.

Even if I'm wrong about goof, it doesn't matter. We check four people from our list of six, and now town knows the alignments of all living players...in a game where it's three townies and two scum. Scum will need to get taffimai on their side to even have a chance. And that's assuming we don't get lucky with our three kills and hit a scum player by accident!

If I'm right, and there's only four possible people who could be scum, then the above quote-plan checks all of them today and tonight. Snow and goof are town in this world, and both of the remaining mafia die in a hail of gunfire (along with one innocent life, rest in pepperoni). D4 never starts because all scum are dead and the game is over.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I think she (Elenna) was in The Thing and asked a question for the narrator about an auto lynch, a question that would look townie on the surface (the things would know this already so no need to ask) but was utterly irrelevant to the game state. I think, she was a thing at this time.
    Elenna, just for my wounded confidence in my memory, did the situation in the thing happen like I described?

Spoiler: Voting History, thanks Taff!
    Show
    Code:
    Meta			Supagoof (1)
    Taffimai		Taffimai (1)
    AV			Elenna (1)
    Rogan			Wombat (1)
    Moonfly 		Wombat (2)
    Elenna			Meta (1)
    Snow			Wombat (3)
    Blade 			Wombat (4)
    BatCat			Wombat (5)
    Elenna			BatCat (1)   Meta (0)
    Meta			BatCat (2)   Supagoof (0)
    Rogan			BatCat (3) Dead Wombat (4)
    Moonfly 		Supagoof (1) Dead Wombat (3)
    Currently, the dead Wombat is tied with Bat, Cat and Hat. But since votes for dead people don't count, BCH is going to die unless things change.

Spoiler: A table, please do not flip
    Show

Player Name Status? Identity?/Alignment? Powers?
    AvatarVecna Alive ??? JoaT (each power is one-use)??
    Bane?? (Used, failed)
    Kill (need identity)??
    Dayvig (works only on Serial Killer, used, failed)
    Feedback power (only after 1 shot immunity?)
    Duplicate power (need exact name, used successfully)
    Captain Cap Dead The Pied Piper of Hamelin/Town Roleblock, vote manipulation effect
    Snowblaze Alive ??? ???
    Batcathat Alive ??? ???
    Supagoof Alive ??? Protection, Beast?? Used on Rogan n2, not triggered
    Taffimai Alive ???/Survivor?? Dayvig (last to vote, used)
    Lynch protection (used)
    gac3 extra Dead, for real this time Melinda Gordon/Town Dead chat access
    Book Wombat Dead Mr Hyde/ Killer & Dr Jekyll / Survivor Kill&night immunity / block & -1 vote
    fext Dead Flying Pumpkin/Town Night 1 Kill Immunity
    Kill
    Fast kill (only activates against Mafia/Serial Killer, one use)
    moonfly7 Alive ??? Gifting powers (full scry, kill, ..)
    Xihirli Wanted: Dead or Alive Blue Angel/Town Roleblock
    Kill (only those previously roleblocked)
    bladescape Alive (Game Show Host??)/Town Kill
    Elenna Alive ???
    Metastachydium Alive ??? Permanent Night kill immunity for targets??
    CaoimhinTheCape Dead Cecil Palmer/Mafia Mafia Kill
    Dawn broadcast
    Rogan Alive ??? Prophecy, wrong results

Please check and help me fill the gaps.
    Snow and BatCatHat it might be time to claim at least some parts of your skillset.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ultimately it doesn't matter though. I think that there are only four people who could possibly be wolves, even if I'm willing to admit that Snow and Supagoof could be considered after that point. If I'm wrong, it doesn't actually matter, because of this:

Here we are, start of D4. The town players are blade, rogan, and whichever of AV/meta the wolves didn't kill. The neutral is taffimai. The scumbuddies are Snowblaze and Supagoof.

And everybody knows it.

Even if I'm wrong about goof, it doesn't matter. We check four people from our list of six, and now town knows the alignments of all living players...in a game where it's three townies and two scum. Scum will need to get taffimai on their side to even have a chance. And that's assuming we don't get lucky with our three kills and hit a scum player by accident!

If I'm right, and there's only four possible people who could be scum, then the above quote-plan checks all of them today and tonight. Snow and goof are town in this world, and both of the remaining mafia die in a hail of gunfire (along with one innocent life, rest in pepperoni). D4 never starts because all scum are dead and the game is over.
    Well, you still gotta lynch Meta if his kill is red. But I doubt that's gonna happen. I for one, am all for the plan, but I will point out it's flaws because understanding how we can make it better is important.

Your assuming they'll kill you or Rogan, I don't think they will. why on earth do they care if you live or die? Rogans power has to many flaws to be an ace in the hole now, and you yourself are out of any real threatening powers(that we know of). If I was mafia I'd kill you 2 last, assuming you even can Night kill the people Meta has claimed a Perma protection on(if he's telling the truth, you can't). it's possible there's at least one mafia roleblocker left, and equally possible that they kill one of our kill roles. And if Meta is mafia, he's going to not use his kill ability, and then claim it was blocked, thus ruining the plan.

Also, if your clearing supagoof, you need to consider that Elena has no reason to clear goof if goof really is Town, unless Elena is also town. So if you have Goof in your kill last brakcet, Elena might need to be there instead of snow, but that's just my opinion.

That's just everything I think can go wrong off the top of my head, that being said, I still wholeheartedly endorse it, and will drop my vote on Elena for now. Unless you change the target, or Snow has unsatisfactory claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have not gotten a response on the kill color thing, waiting or Unavenger to answer me on that.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-25 at 10:21 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Well, you still gotta lynch Meta if his kill is red. But I doubt that's gonna happen. I for one, am all for the plan, but I will point out it's flaws because understanding how we can make it better is important.
    Nothing wrong with nitpicking to improve things.

Your assuming they'll kill you or Rogan, I don't think they will. why on earth do they care if you live or die? Rogans power has to many flaws to be an ace in the hole now, and you yourself are out of any real threatening powers(that we know of).
    It's process of elimination. Town gets to check four people in the next day/night unless meta is a wolf/a townkill is interfered with in some fashion. Wolves don't want to clear a person from our list; if the scumteam murders (for example) moonfly7, and moon flips town, that's one more person in the pool that town doesn't have to spend a kill on. Even if we did spend a kill on moon N3, that just means that one fewer townies is dead (blade kills moon, scum kills moon, that has the night end in 4-1-2 instead of 3-1-2). Thus, town doesn't want to kill any of those 6 players. This means scumteam wants to kill one of the four people not in the pool: AvatarVecna, Rogan, bladescape, or Taffimai. They don't wanna target Rogan or blade in case Meta is telling the truth about perma-banes, and they don't wanna kill Taff because a neutral/scum alliance might be their only chance at victory by this point. By process of elimination, they basically have to murder me. Anything else risks them wasting their kill, killing their only possible ally, or worst of all helps town catch them quicker.

And if Meta is mafia, he's going to not use his kill ability, and then claim it was blocked, thus ruining the plan.
    You are correct, and it still doesn't matter.

D3: 7-1-2. lynch Elenna (town). 6-1-2.
    N3: 6-1-2. scum NK AV (town). blade NK moon (town). 4-1-2.

Killing anybody besides AV N3 either clears the pool for town, kills the neutral ally, or reveals meta's lie early. At this point, it's D3, and we've still got Meta and BCH to check from my 4, and goof/snow if it turns out I'm wrong (with meta secretly being one of the wolves).

D4: 4-1-2. lynch BCH (town). 3-1-2.
    N4: 3-1-2. scum NK blade or Rogan (town). blade NK meta (scum). 2-1-1.

Under this plan, meta is the last one checked, and since they know the jig is up, they kill one of the supposedly-perma-baned townies. At this point, it's D4, we've still got goof and Snow to check, and there's only one scum left. It's possible (maybe even likely) that Elenna, Moon, or BCH flipped scum instead of town and the game is over instead. But we're talking worst-case scenario here. At this point, the town is Snow, Goof, Taffimai, and either Rogan or bladescape. Rogan is a bad choice for scum because he gets two more night's of questions to play with. bladescape is a bad choice for scum because they're terrifyingly good at analysis. This isn't quite the slam dunk the other "worst case scenarios" were for town, but it's still pretty great tbh.

Let's rewind, and assume that meta is town but just got blocked from killing N3.

D3: 7-1-2. lynch elenna (own). 6-1-2.
    N4: 3-1-2. blade NK meta (town). 2-1-2

If meta is town, but gets blocked, and nothing interferes with anybody else's kills, the game ends in a coinflip decided by Taffimai. If elenna/moon/BCH flipped scum instead...

N4: 4-1-2. scum NK goof (town). blade NK meta (town). 2-1-2

...then once again, the game ends in a coinflip decided by taffimai.

Of course, there is one thing that complicates all of this. If I'm right about goof, then supagoof banes me, and now scum has no good options. Killing one of our six narrows the pool. killing blade/rogan is either impossible or outs meta. killing taff gets rid of the person who wins them the endgame cointosses. killing AV kills supagoof, which narrows the pool. supagoof being town (as I'm about 90% sure he is) shifts all of these possibilities ever-so-slightly more in town's favor than they already are.

Also, if your clearing supagoof, you need to consider that Elena has no reason to clear goof if goof really is Town, unless Elena is also town. So if you have Goof in your kill last brakcet, Elena might need to be there instead of snow, but that's just my opinion.
    Pocketing a baner isn't the worst move in the world. I could see Elenna clearing Supagoof when half of town wants to kill him, and then if we lynch him she could be like "see I was right he was town". I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, just that I don't think I can clear her just because I'm clearing goof.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #185

ClericGuy

Living Players

• Snowblaze
    • Batcathat
    • SupaGoof
    • Taffimai
    • Moonfly7
    • BladeScape
    • Elenna
    • Metastachydium
    • Rogan

AV, Rogan, Blades, Taffy - mech cleared or as close as possible

Elenna is tied to Goof. Don't kill both.
    Meta has a kill to show his alignment.
    Moon has creepy / evil fluff, but can still be Town. She can also hand out gifts. Don't kill her before the night.

Bat and Snow would need to claim something to be not suspected.

So, if Elenna is Town, Goof seems to be Town as well. Goof can use his claimed bane/kill power in towns favor. This would be in favor of lynching Elenna, even if she is not the top suspect. Town!Elenna would also paint a bad light on Snow, for the Quote gac managed to provide. Wolf!Elenna would be a Wolf so a good target in any case.

Meta... should not shoot anyone protected, no matter the alignment. Can you shoot and protect in the same night?
    Also, blades is immune to kills, right? Who else?

Moon can gift either Bane or Block. She can also be killed after giving her power away, which would be not nice, but could be helpful.

Assuming Elenna dies today and flips town:
    Meta shots Snow.
    Goof protects AV.
    Moon gifts a power to Rogan
    Rogan is useless. Might try another prophecy, if someone has a nice question or statement.
    Blades kills Batcathat
    Snow does???
    Bat does???

Mafia kills Rogan or Moon?

Worst case, Meta and Snow or Moon are scum.
    Goof dies to the mafia (not triggering the beast power and removing a protective power for the next night.
    Blades dies to the Mafia, removing a kill power for the next night.
    BatCatHat dies.

Next day, it's AV, Rogan, Moon, Taff vs Snow and Meta or AV, Rogan, Snow, Taff vs Meta and Moon.

Kill Meta during the day.

In the night, it's Snow vs AV, Rogan, Moon, Taff.
    Snow kills AV or Rogan.
    OR
    In the night, it's Moon vs AV, Rogan, Snow, Taff.
    Moon kills AV or Rogan.

Next day, it's (AV or Rogan), Taff, Moon, Snow.
    2 town, 1 survivor, 1 scum. But it's hard to tell which one of Snow or Moon is Scum...

Sooo... Would another plan help preventing this situation?
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nothing wrong with nitpicking to improve things.

It's process of elimination. Town gets to check four people in the next day/night unless meta is a wolf/a townkill is interfered with in some fashion. Wolves don't want to clear a person from our list; if the scumteam murders (for example) moonfly7, and moon flips town, that's one more person in the pool that town doesn't have to spend a kill on. Even if we did spend a kill on moon N3, that just means that one fewer townies is dead (blade kills moon, scum kills moon, that has the night end in 4-1-2 instead of 3-1-2). Thus, town doesn't want to kill any of those 6 players. This means scumteam wants to kill one of the four people not in the pool: AvatarVecna, Rogan, bladescape, or Taffimai. They don't wanna target Rogan or blade in case Meta is telling the truth about perma-banes, and they don't wanna kill Taff because a neutral/scum alliance might be their only chance at victory by this point. By process of elimination, they basically have to murder me. Anything else risks them wasting their kill, killing their only possible ally, or worst of all helps town catch them quicker.

You are correct, and it still doesn't matter.

D3: 7-1-2. lynch Elenna (town). 6-1-2.

Killing anybody besides AV N3 either clears the pool for town, kills the neutral ally, or reveals meta's lie early. At this point, it's D3, and we've still got Meta and BCH to check from my 4, and goof/snow if it turns out I'm wrong (with meta secretly being one of the wolves).

N4: 3-1-2. scum NK blade or Rogan (town). blade NK meta (scum). 2-1-1.

Under this plan, meta is the last one checked, and since they know the jig is up, they kill one of the supposedly-perma-baned townies. At this point, it's D4, we've still got goof and Snow to check, and there's only one scum left. It's possible (maybe even likely) that Elenna, Moon, or BCH flipped scum instead of town and the game is over instead. But we're talking worst-case scenario here. At this point, the town is Snow, Goof, Taffimai, and either Rogan or bladescape. Rogan is a bad choice for scum because he gets two more night's of questions to play with. bladescape is a bad choice for scum because they're terrifyingly good at analysis. This isn't quite the slam dunk the other "worst case scenarios" were for town, but it's still pretty great tbh.

Let's rewind, and assume that meta is town but just got blocked from killing N3.

D3: 7-1-2. lynch elenna (own). 6-1-2.
    N4: 3-1-2. blade NK meta (town). 2-1-2

If meta is town, but gets blocked, and nothing interferes with anybody else's kills, the game ends in a coinflip decided by Taffimai. If elenna/moon/BCH flipped scum instead...

N4: 4-1-2. scum NK goof (town). blade NK meta (town). 2-1-2

...then once again, the game ends in a coinflip decided by taffimai.

Of course, there is one thing that complicates all of this. If I'm right about goof, then supagoof banes me, and now scum has no good options. Killing one of our six narrows the pool. killing blade/rogan is either impossible or outs meta. killing taff gets rid of the person who wins them the endgame cointosses. killing AV kills supagoof, which narrows the pool. supagoof being town (as I'm about 90% sure he is) shifts all of these possibilities ever-so-slightly more in town's favor than they already are.

Pocketing a baner isn't the worst move in the world. I could see Elenna clearing Supagoof when half of town wants to kill him, and then if we lynch him she could be like "see I was right he was town". I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, just that I don't think I can clear her just because I'm clearing goof.
    Nice counterpoints! But in the end they don't matter because I'm for the plan anyways. Rogan, Meta, if you two wouldn't mind endorsing the strategy here and dropping your votes on Elena, we can get this game solved by day 4 at the latest, possibly 5 if way to many roles get blocked. Either way I fear I will only be with you all for a short time regardless. So an important question: Do you want my roleblock or my Bane dropped on night 3?

- - - Updated - - -

Living Players

• Snowblaze
    • Batcathat
    • SupaGoof
    • Taffimai
    • Moonfly7
    • BladeScape
    • Elenna
    • Metastachydium
    • Rogan

AV, Rogan, Blades, Taffy - mech cleared or as close as possible

Elenna is tied to Goof. Don't kill both.
    Meta has a kill to show his alignment.
    Moon has creepy / evil fluff, but can still be Town. She can also hand out gifts. Don't kill her before the night.

Bat and Snow would need to claim something to be not suspected.

So, if Elenna is Town, Goof seems to be Town as well. Goof can use his claimed bane/kill power in towns favor. This would be in favor of lynching Elenna, even if she is not the top suspect. Town!Elenna would also paint a bad light on Snow, for the Quote gac managed to provide. Wolf!Elenna would be a Wolf so a good target in any case.

Meta... should not shoot anyone protected, no matter the alignment. Can you shoot and protect in the same night?
    Also, blades is immune to kills, right? Who else?

Moon can gift either Bane or Block. She can also be killed after giving her power away, which would be not nice, but could be helpful.

Assuming Elenna dies today and flips town:
    Meta shots Snow.
    Goof protects AV.
    Moon gifts a power to Rogan
    Rogan is useless. Might try another prophecy, if someone has a nice question or statement.
    Blades kills Batcathat
    Snow does???
    Bat does???

Mafia kills Rogan or Moon?

Worst case, Meta and Snow or Moon are scum.
    Goof dies to the mafia (not triggering the beast power and removing a protective power for the next night.
    Blades dies to the Mafia, removing a kill power for the next night.
    BatCatHat dies.

Next day, it's AV, Rogan, Moon, Taff vs Snow and Meta or AV, Rogan, Snow, Taff vs Meta and Moon.

Kill Meta during the day.

In the night, it's Snow vs AV, Rogan, Moon, Taff.
    Snow kills AV or Rogan.
    OR
    In the night, it's Moon vs AV, Rogan, Snow, Taff.
    Moon kills AV or Rogan.

Next day, it's (AV or Rogan), Taff, Moon, Snow.
    2 town, 1 survivor, 1 scum. But it's hard to tell which one of Snow or Moon is Scum...

Sooo... Would another plan help preventing this situation?
    Um....bro? I'm a dude. Not that you would know, so not your fault. I should probably add the male symbol to my profile but I keep forgetting that's a thing you can put down.

Also yes, my gifted powers specifically work even if your regular abilities say only one power a night. Which is why handing the kill one to a Mafia member on accident would be very, very bad. 2 kills for mafia that night.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also only my kill ability is creepy and evil sounding. Everything else isn't.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-24 at 09:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay yeah I think AV's plan only fails if Snow is wolf, in which case kudos for good bussing, Snow.

@AV, I'm curious, when I flip town, will you rethink Snow's towniness based on the RAC quote? Or will you just assume that quote was wrong?

Elenna, just for my wounded confidence in my memory, did the situation in the thing happen like I described?
    I don't really remember The Thing, but I skim-read it and I think that did happen, yes - after being converted to a Thing I asked the narrator to confirm whether or not the auto-lynched player was a Thing since the narration wasn't completely clear about it, and obviously I knew they weren't.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

8. - Top - End - #188

ClericGuy

Nice counterpoints! But in the end they don't matter because I'm for the plan anyways. Rogan, Meta, if you two wouldn't mind endorsing the strategy here and dropping your votes on Elena, we can get this game solved by day 4 at the latest, possibly 5 if way to many roles get blocked. Either way I fear I will only be with you all for a short time regardless. So an important question: Do you want my roleblock or my Bane dropped on night 3?
    Hmmm... I think, the block might be better.
    Block someone and there is a kill? The person blocked was not the killer. Block someone and there is no kill? The person blocked is more likely to be the killer.

Elenna I'm afraid, you need to die today.

So, please claim your actions before EoD, so we can take them into consideration as well.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

So to be clear Rogan, you don't think meta should gank me in the night? Because I still think it's the best way to clear the most people.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Okay yeah I think AV's plan only fails if Snow is wolf, in which case kudos for good bussing, Snow.

@AV, I'm curious, when I flip town, will you rethink Snow's towniness based on the RAC quote? Or will you just assume that quote was wrong?

I don't really remember The Thing, but I skim-read it and I think that did happen, yes - after being converted to a Thing I asked the narrator to confirm whether or not the auto-lynched player was a Thing since the narration wasn't completely clear about it, and obviously I knew they weren't.
    Yeah if snow is scum and it comes down to rogan/taff/snow/Goof, town has a conflict at best. That situation requires meta to be scum tho.

If you flip town, I'm willing to reevaluate snow, and will look for a case overnight just in case I die.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Although speaking completely honestly, killing me is not the best use of our resources from my point of view, but only because I know I'm innocent. If you could take me at face value(which you can't sadly, no mech clear) you would have Blade and Meta NK one of either Supagoof, Snowblaze, or Batcathat, after we Lynch Elena. If they both went off that would leave us with either a won game, or one last person to lynch, the one we didn't choose.

Sadly we won't be doing the most efficient plan because there isn't a mechanical clear on me, so it's mostly just conjecture.

12. - Top - End - #192

ClericGuy

Um....bro? I'm a dude. Not that you would know, so not your fault. I should probably add the male symbol to my profile but I keep forgetting that's a thing you can put down.

Also yes, my gifted powers specifically work even if your regular abilities say only one power a night. Which is why handing the kill one to a Mafia member on accident would be very, very bad. 2 kills for mafia that night.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also only my kill ability is creepy and evil sounding. Everything else isn't.
    Arrrr... sorry Moon. I am horrible about using the right pronouns... I start to see the appeal of using they in all cases.
    Also, since I am only online on mobile, I would not see the gender symbol that often. I switch to the normal view from time to time, but usually that's for using a specific function that's unavailable in Mobil mode.

Oh, right. The quote. I tend to think it is valid, so I would go after Snow.

Oh and thanks about the answer about The Thing. At least, I didn't imagine this one.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Yeah if snow is scum and it comes down to rogan/taff/snow/Goof, town has a conflict at best. That situation requires meta to be scum tho.

If you flip town, I'm willing to reevaluate snow, and will look for a case overnight just in case I die.
    Yeah if Elena flips town we might consider having snow be a NK.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Also I may as well claim, even if you don't lynch me I'm going to be NK'd, and for my power not claiming only helps town if I survive to tomorrow.

I'm a combination Seer/Tracker.
    Role description (fluff redacted but all the mechanical stuff is here):
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger
    Elenna, you are [role name redacted], a SEER, TRACKER and a member of the TOWN. You win the game if you kill every hostile character or nothing can prevent this from happening, and at least one member of your team is alive.

You have ONE ability:

[ability name redacted] (Investigative Priority): Once per NIGHT, you may choose a living player: you learn their alignment and who targeted them that NIGHT.
    N1 I scried bladescape. My reasoning was that he was a good target both because I was already suspicious of him (for asking people for wolf reads in the night) and because I generally have trouble reading him.
    Quote Originally Posted by me, in my QT, during N1
    Possible targets because they're wolfy: gac, bladescape, Rogan, Cap
    Possible targets because they might be NK'd and I might see a wolf target them: Snow, maybe Meta or Taffimai or BCH
    Possible targets because I'll have trouble figuring them out any other way: AV, Xi, Supagoof, Fext, bladescape

Thinking I'll go with target bladescape for tonight.
    (Also, I had Fext on my hard-to-read list because they barely said anything D1 - basically the same reason I had Supa on there - which is hilarious in retrospect.)

Unsurprisingly, bladescape scried as town. Also, nobody targeted him N1.

N2 I scried Rogan. I figured if he was wolf, obviously he'd be a good target, and if he was town, I'd see anyone who killed or roleblocked him. Obviously this didn't work out as well as I thought, Rogan scried as town and only Supa targeted them.

Rogan, this should answer your question from earlier - I targeted you, not Goof.

The whole "wolf!Rogan wouldn't let AV copy his power" thing, while true, was mostly an excuse for me to stop accusing Rogan since I'd scried him as town.

So, like I said, not super useful. I just wanted to claim to avoid town wasting a bunch of time/discussion trying to figure out who I scried.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

CONFIRMATION(emphasis, not a power use): Metas night kill will show their color text, not mine!
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-24 at 09:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

ClericGuy

So to be clear Rogan, you don't think meta should gank me in the night? Because I still think it's the best way to clear the most people.
    If Elenna is town, Snow is more likely to be scum than you. So killing you would not be that useful.
    But pending Elennas info about her other action (and her flip).
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Also I may as well claim, even if you don't lynch me I'm going to be NK'd, and for my power not claiming only helps town if I survive to tomorrow.

N1 I scried bladescape. My reasoning was that he was a good target both because I was already suspicious of him (for asking people for wolf reads in the night) and because I generally have trouble reading him.

(Also, I had Fext on my hard-to-read list because they barely said anything D1 - basically the same reason I had Supa on there - which is hilarious in retrospect.)

N2 I scried Rogan. I figured if he was wolf, obviously he'd be a good target, and if he was town, I'd see anyone who killed or roleblocked him. Obviously this didn't work out as well as I thought, Rogan scried as town and only Supa targeted them.

Rogan, this should answer your question from earlier - I targeted you, not Goof.

The whole "wolf!Rogan wouldn't let AV copy his power" thing, while true, was mostly an excuse for me to stop accusing Rogan since I'd scried him as town.

So, like I said, not super useful. I just wanted to claim to avoid town wasting a bunch of time/discussion trying to figure out who I scried.
    I almost feel like with this is confirmation that she's town and we should lynch BCH or snow instead. But her death will clear Both herself and Goof, while her flipping mafia changes nothing. So she's still our best lynch.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-24 at 09:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Oh yeah also, from my POV you're better off lynching someone else and NKing me as I don't have a bane, but obviously you can't trust me on that. I'm fine with being lynched today. (I mean, obviously I'd rather get another scry, but even if I did scry someone as wolf you wouldn't be able to trust that so you'd probably have to kill me first and then the other person and it seems faster to just go with AV's plan.)

Oh and thanks about the answer about The Thing. At least, I didn't imagine this one.
    Incidentally, The Thing was only 8 pages. We're almost at the same number of pages on the second thread of this game.
    Granted, The Thing only had 11 players one of whom was inactive, but still.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

But this whole post from Elena rings true to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Buuuut I'm sticking with the agreed upon vote.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I almost feel like with this is confirmation that she's town and we should lynch BCH or snow instead. But her death will clear Both herself and Goof, while her flipping mafia changes nothing. So she's still our best lynch.
    Slight nitpick: technically my action doesn't clear Goof, since wolf!Goof could have targeted Rogan for other reasons related to his actual power. Or wolf!Goof could have targeted Rogan in case there was a tracker.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Goof is town now. But I wasn't nearly as sure before AV mentioned the QT Goof sent.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

21. - Top - End - #201

ClericGuy

Hmmm... While this is a good claim, it could be a lie.

I still wonder if we should keep you alive for one more day?
    If you survive the night, you will have an interesting scry result, either clearing someone or dooming. Unfortunately, we won't know if we can trust you, but we could kill you then.

If town, your scry will help. If wolf you are dead.
    It will shift our problem, unless the wolves handle this problem for us.

I think I believe you, but I would like AV to play the numbers game before I make an decision.
    I am tired enough to fear mistakes...

(Which means, I should put my phone down and close my eyes...)
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Oh yeah also, from my POV you're better off lynching someone else and NKing me as I don't have a bane, but obviously you can't trust me on that. I'm fine with being lynched today. (I mean, obviously I'd rather get another scry, but even if I did scry someone as wolf you wouldn't be able to trust that so you'd probably have to kill me first and then the other person and it seems faster to just go with AV's plan.)
    For clarification, I haven't actually done the math on whether it's worth it for y'all to leave me alive for another day so I can give another scry result before I die. But my instincts say it's not worth it unless Snow is wolf. And even then I'm not sure if town could kill both me and Snow fast enough, since you would presumably want to kill me first.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I see I’m back on the suspect list. Honestly it’s fair atp with so few possible wolf candidates.

Fortunately I have a power that lets me confirm my alignment - thing is, it also reveals my role name which is going to lead to me being screwed over by whatever’s behind the “don’t reveal your role name” thing, hence why I didn’t use it earlier.

So I’ll use that tonight. It’s fast priority so I can’t be roleblocked. If you don’t have explicit confirmation by start of day four, I’ll self-vote and you can kill me.

Anyway, I support AV’s plan. Let’s kill Elenna.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

FWIW, my plan should work regardless of which of the four/six we kill. Additionally, the more people it's possible to check, the quicker we can get through that list. For example, if Snowblaze can reveal herself as town, we don't wanna kill Snowblaze. And if Elenna is a seer, we probably don't wanna target her for the lynch today either. Supagoof is maybe a baner who can take away scum's only kill option that doesn't help us, and meta's kill can get a double-confirm if meta is town. That leaves moonfly (who can give powers, but not tonight, only tomorrow night when game might be over anyway), and BCH (who AFAIK hasn't made a power claim at all). With elenna claiming, I'd be fine moving to BCH if people are really that sure Elenna is town.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

FWIW, my plan should work regardless of which of the four/six we kill. Additionally, the more people it's possible to check, the quicker we can get through that list. For example, if Snowblaze can reveal herself as town, we don't wanna kill Snowblaze. And if Elenna is a seer, we probably don't wanna target her for the lynch today either. Supagoof is maybe a baner who can take away scum's only kill option that doesn't help us, and meta's kill can get a double-confirm if meta is town. That leaves moonfly (who can give powers, but not tonight, only tomorrow night when game might be over anyway), and BCH (who AFAIK hasn't made a power claim at all). With elenna claiming, I'd be fine moving to BCH if people are really that sure Elenna is town.
    Yeah, makes sense. I’d like to kill one of Elenna/BCH but I don’t have any real opinion on which one dies first. Let’s see if/what BCH claims.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Yeah, makes sense. I’d like to kill one of Elenna/BCH but I don’t have any real opinion on which one dies first. Let’s see if/what BCH claims.
    Yeah. The plan is more about showing that with the kills available to us, we can brute-force this ending (sorta, the worst-case scenarios where we take forever to find scum are a lil iffy). But the more people we can check without killing them, the easier this gets for us.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Snow and BatCatHat it might be time to claim at least some parts of your skillset.
    Fair enough. At this point I doubt it'll negatively impact neither our chances of winning nor my personal chances of surviving (it might make the wolves a little more likely to target me at night but right now I'm probably more likely to get killed by town).

Batcathat, you are (CENSORED), a GUNSMITH, MOTION DETECTOR and member of the TOWN. You win the game if you kill every hostile character or nothing can prevent this from happening, and at least one member of your team is still alive.

You have ONE ability:

(CENSORED) (Investigation Priority): Once per NIGHT, choose a living player. If it is an ODD NIGHT, you are told whether this player has a killing ability. If it is an EVEN NIGHT, you are told (CENSORED) if they used an ability that night OR the preceding day or both, "(CENSORED)if they were the target of an ability in that time, "Neither" if neither and "Both" if both.
    The first night I targeted Meta and learned they didn't have any killing power (ironically, it seems they would later get one). Since it means he was neither wolf nor SK, this could've been useful in preventing AV from wasting a use of the lever power but I didn't catch up until it was too late. Night two I targeted Elenna. My even nights power isn't as useful, but I was hoping I might catch her in a lie (like if she said she'd protected someone but I could see she hadn't used a power or something like that). She did use a power, but as she said so herself it doesn't really say much.

I'd be happy to take requests for who I should target tonight (and learn if they have a kill power), even if I suspect my answer won't be trusted until I'm checked out myself.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, a motion detector...I'm having difficulty getting much use out of that one right now. A seer, sure, but...let's say you target goof tonight. You learn if he was targeted tonight/last night by anybody else, and if he targeted anybody tonight/last night. I'm...unsure how this information could be used to clear or catch anybody right now, or at least anybody that we don't already have a better method for doing the same. We're running out of good lynch choices.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, a motion detector...I'm having difficulty getting much use out of that one right now. A seer, sure, but...let's say you target goof tonight. You learn if he was targeted tonight/last night by anybody else, and if he targeted anybody tonight/last night. I'm...unsure how this information could be used to clear or catch anybody right now, or at least anybody that we don't already have a better method for doing the same. We're running out of good lynch choices.
    No, if I target Goof tonight I'll learn if he has a kill power or not, since it's an odd night.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    No, if I target Goof tonight I'll learn if he has a kill power or not, since it's an odd night.
    Ah, right. That's...slightly more useful? But unless the scumteam is Elenna/goof, goof targeted rogan last night, and we know mafia got a kill on gac. And his other actions are very strange if he's scum.

My Homebrew