A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 569
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Ah, right. That's...slightly more useful? But unless the scumteam is Elenna/goof, goof targeted rogan last night, and we know mafia got a kill on gac. And his other actions are very strange if he's scum.
    I guess. I'm still leaning wolf on Goof, but it's admittedly not based on anything substantial. Like I said, I'm happy to target anyone a majority wishes me to.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    ...yeah, there's quite a bit of overlap in the Elenna/Batcathat claims. Exactly one wolf in Elenna/Batcathat :)

    Not that I can work out which one it is, but. Small victories, right?
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Sooo...
    Snow is an innocent child at night.
    Elenna has a scry/watch power.
    Bat... I think his claim is a bit strange, as I would expect a gunsmith to hand out a gun for someone else to use. See this but also my own idea. But his power is also weird enough to be townie.

    I think I will rather stay at Elenna. Her power nearly seems too good to be true. Compare it to mine, which, if used conservative (only checking one person), would be an (always false) scry, which is limited to persons who have a statement to check or an question to be asked.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    The first night I targeted Meta and learned they didn't have any killing power (ironically, it seems they would later get one).
    Are you saying that you knew ever since day 1 that I can't be scum, but you couldn't be bothered to tell anyone right until you basically had to claim?

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Are you saying that you knew ever since day 1 that I can't be scum, but you couldn't be bothered to tell anyone right until you basically had to claim?
    Seems like it. I could see town doing that, though. You weren't really widely suspected until today, so it would make sense to keep their mouth shut in case they got nightkilled before they could get more results.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Seems like it. I could see town doing that, though. You weren't really widely suspected until today, so it would make sense to keep their mouth shut in case they got nightkilled before they could get more results.
    See, I could understand that if they spoke up when I started really accusing Meta. But they didn't. They saved that info for when their own ass was on the line. And they're talking like the information they can potentially gain tonight is a reason not to lynch them today, and even without the above sus nonsense...no??? Like, if they detect that somebody doesn't have a kill, that target can't be mafia. But there's been plenty of people who aren't mafia and have kill powers even on town (blade and myself, just for a couple living examples). It's not really as valuable as a scry, which makes me more willing to lynch them than Elenna just based on usefulness. Combine that with the "why didnt you claim 12 hours ago when meta was in the crosshairs and not you"...


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    FWIW, my plan should work regardless of which of the four/six we kill. Additionally, the more people it's possible to check, the quicker we can get through that list. For example, if Snowblaze can reveal herself as town, we don't wanna kill Snowblaze. And if Elenna is a seer, we probably don't wanna target her for the lynch today either. Supagoof is maybe a baner who can take away scum's only kill option that doesn't help us, and meta's kill can get a double-confirm if meta is town. That leaves moonfly (who can give powers, but not tonight, only tomorrow night when game might be over anyway), and BCH (who AFAIK hasn't made a power claim at all). With elenna claiming, I'd be fine moving to BCH if people are really that sure Elenna is town.
    I don't know where you got that "not tonight" part. Unless I get roleblocked I can give out an ability tonight. Even if you kill me I will still give out an ability before I die. And I still have a Bane and a Block.

    Now, it can't be used by anyone till the next night, if that's what you mean.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yeah...admittedly batcathat is looking suspicious. So, let's talk strategy. Whose killing who tonight?
    Snow claims to have a self clearing ability. So snow should be left alive to prove it, and lynched if she can't.
    Currently were lunching Elena, which doesn't clear anyone sadly.
    Meta killing tonight will clear meta or expose him via kill color, currently I think I'm his target right?
    Bladescape can clear one person via the old crossbow. I suggest said person be BatCatHat.

    Here's my thing about metas kill tonight. If Snow mech clears town and Meta clears town via color, it should clear me, as I've got no reason to hand powers to 2 towneys like that if I'm a wolf. I'm not suggesting this to save myself, but to make this more efficient(if you don't like it we stick with the original plan).

    What I'm saying is keep everything the same but have Meta kill someone other than me. This will still show us his alignment, and snows will be revealed via her ability(still suspicious of what that is), allowing us to clear 5 people instead of 4. Since you'll be clearing me without a death, which you can use on someone else to hard clear them.

    Obviously if one of them flips scum or doesn't flip, you're gonna lynch me tomorrow. And then when I inevitably flip town, blade will shank them in the night and we'll win.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Yes, perhaps I should've spoken up about Meta earlier and obviously I would have if it looked like they'd get lynched (which I don't think it did). I did say I was townreading Meta for unclear reasons but I get that that doesn't have nearly the same impact.

    Can I suggest you at least don't lynch me until next time? I'll check whoever you want for kill powers tonight and give you the result, then you can lynch me and at least learn something from it. Now, it probably won't be catastrophic to lynch me today (unless we're seriously underestimating the number of wolves a mislynch shouldn't hurt that bad) but this way I get to live a little longer, contribute a little more and you actually learn something from my death.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    I don't know where you got that "not tonight" part. Unless I get roleblocked I can give out an ability tonight. Even if you kill me I will still give out an ability before I die. And I still have a Bane and a Block.

    Now, it can't be used by anyone till the next night, if that's what you mean.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Yeah...admittedly batcathat is looking suspicious. So, let's talk strategy. Whose killing who tonight?
    Snow claims to have a self clearing ability. So snow should be left alive to prove it, and lynched if she can't.
    Currently were lunching Elena, which doesn't clear anyone sadly.
    Meta killing tonight will clear meta or expose him via kill color, currently I think I'm his target right?
    Bladescape can clear one person via the old crossbow. I suggest said person be BatCatHat.

    Here's my thing about metas kill tonight. If Snow mech clears town and Meta clears town via color, it should clear me, as I've got no reason to hand powers to 2 towneys like that if I'm a wolf. I'm not suggesting this to save myself, but to make this more efficient(if you don't like it we stick with the original plan).

    What I'm saying is keep everything the same but have Meta kill someone other than me. This will still show us his alignment, and snows will be revealed via her ability(still suspicious of what that is), allowing us to clear 5 people instead of 4. Since you'll be clearing me without a death, which you can use on someone else to hard clear them.

    Obviously if one of them flips scum or doesn't flip, you're gonna lynch me tomorrow. And then when I inevitably flip town, blade will shank them in the night and we'll win.
    I'm not very keen on the idea of killing you anyway. I was thinking we could use Taffimai as the third kill. It's a jerk move, sure, but it doesn't hurt town.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Yes, perhaps I should've spoken up about Meta earlier and obviously I would have if it looked like they'd get lynched (which I don't think it did). I did say I was townreading Meta for unclear reasons but I get that that doesn't have nearly the same impact.

    Can I suggest you at least don't lynch me until next time? I'll check whoever you want for kill powers tonight and give you the result, then you can lynch me and at least learn something from it. Now, it probably won't be catastrophic to lynch me today (unless we're seriously underestimating the number of wolves a mislynch shouldn't hurt that bad) but this way I get to live a little longer, contribute a little more and you actually learn something from my death.
    Unless you'd have Bladescape not shoot tonight, we need three targets and you sound more like a dog than most. Who else would you suggest should die in your stead?

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I'm not very keen on the idea of killing you anyway. I was thinking we could use Taffimai as the third kill. It's a jerk move, sure, but it doesn't hurt town.
    Absolutely not. That'll waste the Kill ability and give us literally nothing but your clear. Taff is cleared neautral, you need to fire into the existing question zone. But don't shoot Snow, since if she can self clear that'll be a waste. You need to cap either BatCatHat, Me, or Supagoof. Of the three, I'm obviously sure I'm town, but beyond that BCH is the most suspect.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Absolutely not. That'll waste the Kill ability and give us literally nothing but your clear. Taff is cleared neautral, you need to fire into the existing question zone. But don't shoot Snow, since if she can self clear that'll be a waste. You need to cap either BatCatHat, Me, or Supagoof. Of the three, I'm obviously sure I'm town, but beyond that BCH is the most suspect.
    That's fair. Supagoof is out of question, though. I'd rather not die to the beast.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Here's my honest opinion on how this needs to go down:

    We Lynch Elena
    Blade Kills BatCatHat.
    Meta Kills Supagoof.
    Snow Clears herself.
    Meta and Snow both Clearing will clear me(if you disagree, thats fine, we go with the original plan, but this one wins the game quicker, assuming you can trust me, and at least it provides a way to clear me, if by association.).

    At the end of Night 3 this leaves us with Elena dead, BCH dead, and Goof Dead. With Meta and Snow revealed. If neither is, they get killed immediatly, along with me.

    If Snow and meta are innocent, game over we win right here. If Snow can clear herself and we don't get a kill result from Meta, we need to lynch me, Meta, and Supagoof. If we get a kill result from Meta but we don't get a clear from Snow, we need to lynch Me and Snow for a win. Either way, if everything goes right we'll be winning the game by next day. Obviously this plan has more risks than AV's, mostly because if AV is right we could be killing our Baner in the form of Goof(whom I'm honestly not suspecting, I'm just trying to clear as many people as possible.) So if you don't like it, we stick to the initial plan. But we need to decide which we're doing before Night 3 starts.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Metastachydium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Here's my honest opinion on how this needs to go down:

    We Lynch Elena
    Blade Kills BatCatHat.
    Meta Kills Supagoof.
    Snow Clears herself.
    Meta and Snow both Clearing will clear me(if you disagree, thats fine, we go with the original plan, but this one wins the game quicker, assuming you can trust me, and at least it provides a way to clear me, if by association.).

    At the end of Night 3 this leaves us with Elena dead, BCH dead, and Goof Dead. With Meta and Snow revealed. If neither is, they get killed immediatly, along with me.

    If Snow and meta are innocent, game over we win right here. If Snow can clear herself and we don't get a kill result from Meta, we need to lynch me, Meta, and Supagoof. If we get a kill result from Meta but we don't get a clear from Snow, we need to lynch Me and Snow for a win. Either way, if everything goes right we'll be winning the game by next day. Obviously this plan has more risks than AV's, mostly because if AV is right we could be killing our Baner in the form of Goof(whom I'm honestly not suspecting, I'm just trying to clear as many people as possible.) So if you don't like it, we stick to the initial plan. But we need to decide which we're doing before Night 3 starts.
    Again, if I kill the Goof I'll definitely be cleared (unless of course he lies about his powers) because I'll be dead. Supagoof has a beast class power.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    I don't know where you got that "not tonight" part. Unless I get roleblocked I can give out an ability tonight. Even if you kill me I will still give out an ability before I die. And I still have a Bane and a Block.

    Now, it can't be used by anyone till the next night, if that's what you mean.
    That's essentially what I mean. Any power you give on N3 can only be used on N4, and that means it gives us no info until D5 starts (ie "i roleblocked meta last night and there was no wolf kill". The issue is, the game might be over by then, and so leaving you alive hasn't improved our chances of victory or given us as much information as if we'd kept somebody else alive instead.

    Goof, if honest townie, can force scum to have only bad choices for their NK.

    Elenna, if honest townie, has a scry.

    Meta, if honest townie, has a kill that will check both Meta and the kill target.

    Snow, if honest townie, has a power that will reveal her alignment tonight.

    Batcathat, if honest townie, can tell us whether their target has a kill power or not (which is not the same thing as whether they are mafia or not, because non-mafia also have kills). This is arguably not all that useful even if BCH is telling the truth. There's no mechanical reason to keep BCH alive over goof, elenna, meta, or snow.

    You, if honest townie, can't really do anything tonight that will give us results tomorrow. You did something last night that will maybe help tonight/tomorrow (giving meta a kill), but we don't need you alive for Meta to use the kill. Additionally, with the number of kills we have in play, whatever power you give somebody tonight will only be useful tomorrow night, and by day after tomorrow, game might be over and your power usage N3 hasn't yielded any information. There's no real mechanical reason to keep you alive over goof, elenna, meta, or snow.

    Right now, what we need to figure out is whether we're killing BCH or Moon.

    Yeah...admittedly batcathat is looking suspicious. So, let's talk strategy. Whose killing who tonight?
    While I have a lot of thoughts on this, I think I'd rather save them until we see the results of the lynch. Who knows, maybe we get lucky and our lynchee (BCH or Moon) is actually scum, and that gives us more info.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    That's fair. Supagoof is out of question, though. I'd rather not die to the beast.
    sigh. were back around to the only other option then my friend, your going to have to kill me for any good use of that ability, if you aren't going to target Goof. You can't kill Taff, Can't kill BCH since Blade already has them in their crosshairs(I suppose you could swap, but somone will always end up between me and Goof). All you can kill is me and Goof. And if your scared of his supposed Beast ability, you've got one choice and we're back around to AV's initial plan: Gank me. In which case it'll look like this:

    We lynch Elena.

    Bladescape Ganks BCH

    Meta Ganks Moonfly7

    Snow Clears Herself

    Meta Clears Via Text.

    Only one left alive is Goof.

    You know, now that I think about it, there is literally no change no matter who we kill. So go ahead and just shoot me, Meta, it's gonna leave less collateral damage all around.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Here's my thing about metas kill tonight. If Snow mech clears town and Meta clears town via color, it should clear me, as I've got no reason to hand powers to 2 towneys like that if I'm a wolf. I'm not suggesting this to save myself, but to make this more efficient(if you don't like it we stick with the original plan).
    ...

    ...

    ...I don't understand why wolf!you would hand powers to any townies ever.

    ...

    Show of hands replying to this post: do you think there's three wolves left? If you don't think that's plausible, can you think of any reason why scum!moon would gift a power to a townie?


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    That's essentially what I mean. Any power you give on N3 can only be used on N4, and that means it gives us no info until D5 starts (ie "i roleblocked meta last night and there was no wolf kill". The issue is, the game might be over by then, and so leaving you alive hasn't improved our chances of victory or given us as much information as if we'd kept somebody else alive instead.

    Goof, if honest townie, can force scum to have only bad choices for their NK.

    Elenna, if honest townie, has a scry.

    Meta, if honest townie, has a kill that will check both Meta and the kill target.

    Snow, if honest townie, has a power that will reveal her alignment tonight.

    Batcathat, if honest townie, can tell us whether their target has a kill power or not (which is not the same thing as whether they are mafia or not, because non-mafia also have kills). This is arguably not all that useful even if BCH is telling the truth. There's no mechanical reason to keep BCH alive over goof, elenna, meta, or snow.

    You, if honest townie, can't really do anything tonight that will give us results tomorrow. You did something last night that will maybe help tonight/tomorrow (giving meta a kill), but we don't need you alive for Meta to use the kill. Additionally, with the number of kills we have in play, whatever power you give somebody tonight will only be useful tomorrow night, and by day after tomorrow, game might be over and your power usage N3 hasn't yielded any information. There's no real mechanical reason to keep you alive over goof, elenna, meta, or snow.

    Right now, what we need to figure out is whether we're killing BCH or Moon.



    While I have a lot of thoughts on this, I think I'd rather save them until we see the results of the lynch. Who knows, maybe we get lucky and our lynchee (BCH or Moon) is actually scum, and that gives us more info.
    I agree, sadly, I'm not the best option to keep alive. Obviously because 2 of our firends on that list are lying to appear useful as Town, but it's not like I suspected anything less. You are right, I've promoted the tactical choice the whole game. And I'll stick to it now, KNIFE ME!(emphasis, not a power use)

    And I thought we were lynching Elena?

    Also, there's no question between me and BCH, just have both of us nightkilled, you've got two of those.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    ...

    ...

    ...I don't understand why wolf!you would hand powers to any townies ever.

    ...

    Show of hands replying to this post: do you think there's three wolves left? If you don't think that's plausible, can you think of any reason why scum!moon would gift a power to a townie?
    I mean, I was just being conservative in my example because I lack experience in these matters. Yeah, if you wanna go that way my suggestion there does have more weight, because if just one flips town, I probably am too. If no one can think of a good reason for Wolf!me to do that.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    I mean, I was just being conservative in my example because I lack experience in these matters. Yeah, if you wanna go that way my suggestion there does have more weight, because if just one flips town, I probably am too. If no one can think of a good reason for Wolf!me to do that.
    You misunderstand me. I believe this game started with three wolves. One wolf has been caught (Cao). That means there are two wolves left. Unless I am wrong and this game started with four wolves, it's impossible that you, Snow, and Meta are all wolves right now. At least one of the three of you is town.

    If it's you, you're town.

    If it's Snow, scum!moon would never give town!Snow a scry.

    If it's Meta, scum!moon would never give town!meta a kill.

    The only scenario where it makes sense for moonfly7 to be scum is if the scumteam is exactly moon, snow, and meta.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So I ask again: does anybody think this game started with four wolves, half a serial killer, a fulltime vigilante, and several scattered kill powers? Or does it only really make sense if we started with three wolves? Because if it's the latter, moon is clear.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-10-25 at 08:53 AM.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Yup. Like I've been saying since day two, Moonfly is confirmed town from my PoV. My reveal should confirm that to the rest of you, so we shouldn't vig Moonfly.

    In that case, I think Supagoof is the alternative target? We can have bladescape kill him because if Meta is telling the truth he's perma-immune to nightkills. And if Meta is lying we'll find out and lynch him, in which case sorry bladescape.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    We're not killing Taffamai. The whole point of this is to kill or clear as many non-mechanically cleared people as fast as possible, in order to get rid of wolves before they can kill the mechanically cleared people. Taff is in the second group, so there's no reason to kill them.

    Similarly, we're definitely not leaving BCH alive - killing them clears them if they're town or gets rid of a wolf, while leaving them alive to use their power might possibly clear one person, if we pick the right target, and if we trust BCH, which we don't. (Also, if we were leaving people alive to provide information tomorrow, my role is clearly better for that than BCH's claimed role.)

    For my part I still think BCH should be lynched and I should be NK'd, just because I won't be baned while wolves might have access to a bane to protect BCH. I can't prove that, of course, but if you think I'm more likely to be town than BCH, I'd appreciate if you could vote him instead.

    @moonfly my main issue with your plan is Meta might die if Meta is town and Goof is really a wolf Beast. Which, granted, is a pretty unlikely scenario.
    I'm also not seeing a ton of advantages to your plan. If Meta is town and the game isn't over, we're lynching you next just by process of elimination. Unless you want to convince town that you're townier than AV, I guess.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    1) Elenna, if honest, can determine one alignment via scry.

    2) Meta, if honest, can determine two alignments via a kill.

    3) bladescape can determine one alignment via a kill.

    4) Snow, if honest, can determine one alignment via an unclarified power.

    5) Supagoof, if honest, can provide a bane tonight.

    6) There are two or three liars.

    7) The people we need to check are Elenna, Meta, Snow, Goof, moon, and BCH.




    Based on the above facts, we shouldn't lynch Elenna, Meta, Snow, or Goof. Goof provides a bane, and the other three provide info during the night. Thus, moon or BCH should be lynched, and the other should be NK'd.

    Elenna provides a scry D4 unless dead. Meta and Snow will self-reveal at the start of D4 via night powers. Thus, Elenna, Meta, and Snow should not be NK'd. This leaves moon or BCH (whichever one wasn't lynched) and Supagoof. Since BCH's power (if honest) is another that provides EoN feedback, whereas moon gives a power regardless of if they survive the night, BCH should be lynched and moon should be NK'd. Moon and goof will still be able to use their powers N3 to help town, but will also get checked via kills.

    Lynch: Batcathat
    Night Kills (for bladescape/meta): moonfly7 and Supagoof

    - - - Updated - - -

    Additionally, if enough people are convinced that there's no way we have three wolves left, we can remove moon from the list of kill targets, and...idk, maybe blade just doesn't kill somebody tonight? On the one hand, blade is guaranteed town. On the other hand, meta getting a kill reveals two alignments instead of one. Decisions decisions...


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Oh hey back to the "ninjad 7 times in one post" rate of posts, nice.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    I'd be willing to have Elenna be our second NK instead of nobody, although it feels wrong to deliberately NK a seer claimant when there's not really a counterclaim.


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Unless you'd have Bladescape not shoot tonight, we need three targets and you sound more like a dog than most. Who else would you suggest should die in your stead?
    I tried coming up with an answer for this and I must admit I'm struggling. When I made a quick read list I found myself leaning town (or confirmed town or confirmed neutral) on everyone but two. I do suspect Elenna and Goof to be the last wolves, but I get that skipping a kill because of my reads doesn't make any sense even if I wasn't suspect. So yeah, I guess I'm okay with being one of the targets as long as Elenna and Goof die too.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    ...Show of hands replying to this post: do you think there's three wolves left? If you don't think that's plausible, can you think of any reason why scum!moon would gift a power to a townie?
    No, as mentioned above I can't really find a third suspect.

    I could see giving a townie a power as a way to look good (considering Snow was pretty much everyone's strongest townread N1, it makes sense to get in good with her) but doing it twice seems like a stretch.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Okay, fine. Batcathat can die today.

    The only way AV's plan can fail is if they're a wolf or Rogan is a wolf. And even then I think we'll still have lynches/kills to spare.
    I have returned.

    Werewolf games won: 8
    Werewolf games lost: 6
    Games as town: 8
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 4
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 7

    I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

    Extended Signature

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Additionally, if enough people are convinced that there's no way we have three wolves left, we can remove moon from the list of kill targets, and...idk, maybe blade just doesn't kill somebody tonight? On the one hand, blade is guaranteed town. On the other hand, meta getting a kill reveals two alignments instead of one. Decisions decisions...
    I'm not 100% convinced we don't have three wolves left. There's a lot of kills, sure, but there also seem to be several immunities and banes. Certainly we haven't had a ton of deaths each night, despite the number of kill powers.

    That being said, one option could be to have blade and meta target the same person? Might help if wolves have a roleblock. In any case it seems better than having one of them do nothing.

    If Meta doesn't kill and blade is roleblocked, do we still win? I'm looking at some unlikely possibilities because the wolves not surrendering yet is making me paranoid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    ...

    ...

    ...I don't understand why wolf!you would hand powers to any townies ever.

    ...

    Show of hands replying to this post: do you think there's three wolves left? If you don't think that's plausible, can you think of any reason why scum!moon would gift a power to a townie?
    Incidentally, I could see Bat/Goof/Meta as the three remaining wolves.

    @bat want to share why you're townreading Meta?

    @Snow just checking, will you be confirmed town immediately when you use your power, or at EoN?

    - - - Updated - - -

    To clarify, I still lean town on Goof, but I also think a Bat/Goof/Meta team is not impossible and might explain why wolves haven't surrendered, since Goof is being town-read.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    @bat want to share why you're townreading Meta?
    Like I said, I checked them for a kill power N1 and they didn't have one. I guess it's possible that not all wolves have their own, but since Cao did that doesn't seem very likely.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Like I said, I checked them for a kill power N1 and they didn't have one. I guess it's possible that not all wolves have their own, but since Cao did that doesn't seem very likely.
    Right, yeah, forgot about that.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    For moon to be scum, meta and snow must be scum. For meta to be scum, BCH must be scum. Even those of you who think "there's maybe three scum left?", surely you don't think four remaining mafia is possible?


    Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Aspiring optimizers can try their luck in Zinc Saucier XXXIX: Hoist The Colors High

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Upick 2 Thread 2: Revenge of the Upick

    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Currently were lunching Elena, which doesn't clear anyone sadly.
    Meta killing tonight will clear meta or expose him via kill color, currently I think I'm his target right?
    Bladescape can clear one person via the old crossbow. I suggest said person be BatCatHat.
    If I recall it correctly (but I am not sure about this, so please speak up if I don't) Elenna mentioned the RAC quote from Cao/gac a few times, while Snow mostly ignored it. This quote would fit Elenna or Snow. If Elenna is scum, good. If Elenna is not scum, Snow is more suspicious than before, so we could consider killing her in the night.
    Also, if Elenna is town, I am 100% cleared instead of 99% clear. And Goof is more likely to be town or a very bold scum or slightly less bold, but scum and lying about his ability.

    So, lynching Elenna will make one person more suspicious, remove the last bit of doubt on me and make another player less suspicious.
    Or she is a wolf. That's win/win.
    It's also hard to trust her scry, even if we get an result, unless we get additional Intel on that matter.


    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Yes, perhaps I should've spoken up about Meta earlier and obviously I would have if it looked like they'd get lynched (which I don't think it did). I did say I was townreading Meta for unclear reasons but I get that that doesn't have nearly the same impact.
    I understand your motivation, but you should know I was criticized for using the same logic before. And my power had a greater scope than yours (and it turned out to be false...), so I had more reason to avoid drawing scums attention.
    So, I can understand you a bit, but I can't town read you for this.
    On the other hand, your power can be useful like a scry right now, since everyone who has a kill power should have mentioned it by now. So if you find a gun where there should be none, you are either lying or they were.

    But your position is weak on its own. You had 2.5 days and 2 nights to put your power and your brain to work, but there was not much participation from your side. I think, in LL you were more active. Your reads might have been flip floppy there, but you gave pros and cons. Right now, I don't see much of it.
    I admit LL was slower and had less people with less posts. And I admit your confidence could be shaken so you avoid reads now. You are not forced to be scum, but you are not looking very townie either.

    Please give me a read list on all active players. Nothing too detailed, but try to give a lean for everyone, with at least one argument. New arguments are welcome, but since the discussion is going on for some time, it's hard to not repeat things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Again, if I kill the Goof I'll definitely be cleared (unless of course he lies about his powers) because I'll be dead. Supagoof has a beast class power.
    I think the power was protect someone. If they are attacked, the attacker and the protector (good goof) will die. It won't kill you unless goof is protecting himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Show of hands replying to this post: do you think there's three wolves left? If you don't think that's plausible, can you think of any reason why scum!moon would gift a power to a townie?
    It could be forced by the mech. (Not being allowed to share with the team). This way, it can still be used to help town hunt the killer and gain town cred, but it could always have a risk. Like the permanent protection, which could accidently make scum immune.
    It could also have a hidden drawback, but I am not sure if this would be allowed? Unavenger if someone had a power to gift power usages to other players, would the "not lying about the effect of your abilities" rule apply to the new temporary power?

    There is also another thing to consider. Snow had her POE out in public and it was very wrong. Giving her a scry would be much less dangerous than it seems, but it would give town cred.

    I think, that's everything I can come up with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    In that case, I think Supagoof is the alternative target? We can have bladescape kill him because if Meta is telling the truth he's perma-immune to nightkills. And if Meta is lying we'll find out and lynch him, in which case sorry bladescape.
    It would be interesting to see what goof thinks about this.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions


    More Mafia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •