New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New Harbour Needs Heroes! (OOC)

Shaman Toughness vs DC25 (1d20+9)[25] Resist
    Shaman Defence vs Weaken Defence/Toughness/Launch (DC20) (1d20+10)[18] -2 Defence/Toughness & Launched

Chainmaker Toughness vs DC25 (1d20+13)[21] Bruised
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2022-02-22 at 05:13 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Spending a hero point vs. the Secondary Effect, since everyone has gone to too much trouble for Scylla to just drop again that easily:

(1d10+15)[19]

And a regular Fort roll vs. the shaman's doom spell:

(1d20+10)[18]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Well since I keep getting all these hero points, let's reroll the surge attack on Chainmaker: (1d20+10)[22] That...that's still a miss, isn't it.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2022-02-23 at 08:42 AM.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Chainmaker Toughness vs DC27 (1d20+12)[15] Staggered & Bruised

Shaman Toughness vs DC30 (1d20+7)[11] So very Incapped...

Shaman Toughness vs DC30 (1d20+7)[13]
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2022-02-24 at 09:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well I forgot about the Secondary Effect so lets fix that. DC 28 vs Toughness: (1d20+9)[28]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Chainmaker Toughness vs DC27 (1d20+11)[15] INCAPACITATED
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2022-02-26 at 05:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

SwashbucklerGuy

Let's just interpose for that axe attack; DC 33 Toughness: (1d20+10)[19]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

One day, one brave and glorious day. (1d20+10)[14] Well that seems unlikely to accomplish anything
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-02-27 at 12:31 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Persuasion: (1d20)[10]. EDIT: Make that 20 with Intimidation.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-03-06 at 01:43 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    And, as Blackcoat once learned the hard way long ago, keeping a sealed being as part of your treasure horde is a BAD idea.
    I'm sure this is never going to come up again...

Anywho gang, we're pretty in the wrap up here so can I get a quick rollcall on who is still present and what sort of downtime actions would you guys like to pursue?

Also do you guys want to call dibs on the Palaceship?

11. - Top - End - #161

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeson View Post
    I'm sure this is never going to come up again...

Anywho gang, we're pretty in the wrap up here so can I get a quick rollcall on who is still present and what sort of downtime actions would you guys like to pursue?
    Still here, just been horribly busy due to my school term, especially with all the assignments in March.

As for downtime actions... I've got two in mind but not sure which to pursue. The first would be to build up Blackcoat's pirate crew and recruiting people in need of work, or recruiting pirates, if he'd be able to recruit any of the Leoni

The second is to help fund and invest money and construction in New Harbour to help build or rebuild it as necessary and ease any damage done during our adventures and episodes. Still need to think of names for these downtime actions, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeson View Post
    Also do you guys want to call dibs on the Palaceship?
    Blackcoat will! Though it'd also likely make a good base for us in general.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still here, I was just waiting to see if the Wyrm would/could reply to Platformer and if I could convince it to just leave, but it kinda convinced itself lol.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Present!

As for downtimes...definitely one for general heroing. Probably worth having a Relationship Building for his parents, although it might be a bit before he starts actually spending actions on it given his current issues with them. And something for tracking down and destroying/defeating any information related to/people seeking to make contact with Eschaton.

...And maybe some sort of combo Relationship Building/Investigating/Keeping an Eye On Morningstar.

Oh and if we're taking the Palaceship as a base some sort of exploring the Palaceship thing to like...learn its secrets/technology/etc might be cool, if plausible. Not sure how many secrets it actually has.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-03-14 at 04:25 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Still here!

I made an inaccurate calendar to help decide what to do for downtime:

Spoiler: Iara's Calendar
    Show
    Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 Board
    Game w/
    Night Joe
    4 Get small
    business
    license
    5 Research
    Streaming
    Tech
    6 (church)
    Computer
    shopping
    Join
    SAG
    8 Scylla
    technically a
    character?
    9 Get Iara
    into SAG??

No! Bad!
    10 Board
    Games
    Set up CPU
    11 Set up
    Studio,
    Church Soccer
    12 Testing
    Wedding
    Appt. 10AM
    13 (church)
    13:00
    Wedding
    Rehearsal
    14 09:00
    Wedding Appt.
    STUDIO MIC
    15 14:00
    Wedding go!
    Visit Mom
    17 Board
    Games
    Test Stream
    18 Studio
    Test Stream
    Persona 6
    Release
    20 (church)
    All Day Stream
    21 Stream? 22 23 24 Board
    Games
    25 26
    27 (church) 28 29 30 * (It
    costs HOW
    much??)

So, it looks like I have too many things to do!

- 0: She routinely makes time to go to church and to the board game shop as Iara, mainly to hang out with her hierophant confidant. Fr. Joe probably specializes in interaction and expertise ranks, being a normal human and a pacifist priest. Psychology and divine/arcane lore are likely specialties. That said, it's not like she's training him per se; at most, she's acting as a reason for him to research the supernatural on his own. She'll always make time to visit, but maybe not enough to count as an action.

- 1: If Rutherford is in charge of repairing and moving the palace ship, Scylla wants to build a studio space inside it for herself. This entails some requisite computer, communication and cybersecurity upgrades for the installation, all things that Blackcoat might not have time for, so she can invest some time setting that up and "testing" it with live streams of singing and video games.

- 2: The world needs to know the Leoni's deal. The Chainmaker promised them that this was their last chance at a bright future. Now that he's out of power, his minions are just regular people, and it would seem that they're stranded without a home. If the press is already on top of unpacking that, great. If not, Scylla will interview them to find out where they come from and what they need to move forward. She probably won't be able to help them much at actually finding redemption, though. That's really more Joe's thing.

- Last: For money, Scylla can take an odd job as a wedding singer for a pair of locals. This will probably backfire and result in her being flooded with requests, though I suppose it could also backfire worse and lead to whatever's the opposite of that. If we are already starving for downtime, looking for odd jobs is a very low priority, especially if she can live on a flying base rent-free.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-03-14 at 09:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

And I forgot to post my downtime ideas.

Wildcard would definitely also have one for general heroics-ing and one for helping the city rebuild, along with something about tracking down stray Protectorate tech as well. Trying to figure out some way of helping the Leoni might also be a useful thing to do.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Totally forgot for downtime actions, but one of Kevin's big things is actually tracking down and bringing in like villains who have warrants out for their arrests, or have escaped justice, or stuff like that. Not sure if that should be its own thing or if it'd just be part of the general heroing thing.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

And the downtimes are up in the OP! Tell me what you think and then everyone take two and a pair of pp.

As for the fate of the Leoni, here is how it'll probably play out barring any edits. Whether they realise the Chainmaker was defeated or not they all felt the Wyrm being released and they know the game is up, so they're booking it except the ones that physically can't which would be the ones that Scylla and Blackcoat brought to jail and as hostile alien invaders they're going straight to whatever not-so-secret holding facility they built to hold aliens post-Invasion in Nevada.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Spending the 2 PP to add +4 Insight, since Kevin kinda lost his Insight skill since high school for some reason (maybe the psychic blocks his mom had implanted had also been subtly giving him interpersonal advice?) and it probably behooves me to pick it back up.

I also made some changes to his array. In his Basic Controls, Improved Shield has been replaced with Shielding Block, which adds Reflect to his Deflect, because I had forgotten that in St. Ambrose Kevin had used his Reflect in a few iconic ways and he should totally still have that.

In his Combat Controls, Strike is now just straight Damage 10, Stomp got changed entirely - it now adds Alternate Resistance (Defense) and Secondary Effect to Strike (with the same Limit as before), and also changes its descriptor from [Physical] [Bludgeoning] to [Mystical] [Memetic]. The idea is that Kevin's Stomp isn't just adding momentum to his attack or whatever, it's just a kinda arbitrary thing - if Kevin jumps on your head, you lose, as is right and proper. If he jumps on not-your-head, then okay maybe it hurts but you're still in the game, so by partially dodging it you can reduce the damage, and of course by entirely dodging it you can avoid it entirely. Pinball Mode was removed.

Charged Attacks was replaced entirely by Special Attacks, to get rid of the issue where too many things with Limits kinda made him run out of things to invest dynamic points into. Charged Attack has a Temporal Strike power that adds Secondary Effect to his Damage and which he may or may not have gotten the idea for from Chainmaker, Cursed Strike adds Broad and Simultaneous to his Weaken and makes it Will-resisted and [Mystical] [Curse] descriptor, and Biokinetic Strike is a different Affliction option.

Let me know if that's all okay!

For downtimes, I'll spend my two remaining Hero Points for two more since they're resetting and:

Relationship Building (Morningstar): Routine Expertise (Superheroes/villains) for 20. 1 Success

Superheroicsx3: Routine PL for 20. 3 Successes
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2022-03-16 at 04:31 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm honestly pretty happy with how Wildcard functioned, so I'm just going to give him Move-By Action and Uncanny Dodge with my 2PP. I am, however, going to replace Expertise (Heroes) with Expertise (The Protectorate) because I somehow ended up with both Expertise (Heroes) and Expertise (Superheroes/Supervillains) without noticing lol.

And then since I somehow ended up with a ton of hero points, spending all four for four more downtime actions:

#1: Superheroics! (DC20): (1d20+10)[19] +5 to next roll.
    #2: Superheroics! (DC20): (1d20+10)[26] +5 from above, 2 successes.
    #3: Rebuilding New Harbour with Expertise (New Harbour) (DC25): (1d20+20)[28] 1 success
    #4: Rebuilding New Harbour with Expertise (New Harbour) (DC25): (1d20+20)[24] +5 to next roll
    #5: Recovering Protectorate Tech with Expertise (Superheroes/Supervillains or The Protectorate or New Harbour) (DC20): (1d20+20)[24] +5 from above, 2 successes
    #6: Recovering Protectorate Tech with Expertise (Superheroes/Supervillains or The Protectorate or New Harbour) (DC20): (1d20+20)[27] 2 successes

...wow. Wildcard was really not feeling it, huh.

EDIT: ...and the only reason I rolled some of those was because of the '+5 to next downtime action' thing, which isn't even in this version of the downtime rules. Whoops!
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2022-03-21 at 06:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Do we not have that? I copied those Downtime rules from like when I was running Defenders without updating them, it's one of those things like buying toughness directly that I just take for granted
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2022-03-17 at 01:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty sure that got added in in the SFD/HA/ToHA games.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

22. - Top - End - #172

SwashbucklerGuy

Well Blackcoat is out of HP, so here's just the two downtime actions:

#1: Welcome Aboard! Persuasion vs DC20: (1d20+18)[32] 3 Success
    #2: Superheroics! PL vs DC20: (1d20+10)[16] He's not good at this superheroing thing, huh?
    Last edited by Starsign; 2022-03-17 at 02:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"Okay, cool! So, who was in charge of exploring the palaceship again? ...guys?"

*everyone is already off doing superhero things*

"Seriously? No one? So, what, now I have to do it?"

*looks up at the now-empty alien tower, intimidated*

"Guys, you know I'm not really an ace detective or a xeno-engineer or anything, so..."

*there is no one there to listen to her; she is talking to herself*

"...so, whatever. I need to go change for my thing tonight anyway."

* = Edited in the resulting degrees of success

1: Routine hangouts with Father Joe (*4 Deception degrees)
    2: Vocalists gigs aren't really routine for her yet: (1d20+10)[23] (*3 degrees)
    3: Hero Point ("Uh... that was just for the rehearsal!") (1d20+10)[13] (*1 degree)
    4: Hero Point (Incidental heroics - she rarely makes time to do it on purpose, but it happens) (1d20+10)[12] (*2 degrees failure)
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-03-18 at 01:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

While she's practicing music, Scylla tries to develop her voice for future adventures as well. She continues taking "watch your area attacks" to heart, using the reflective barrier between air and water to conduct her songs through a Sea Witch attack. As a bonus, the strategy also means she can sing and fight at the same time.

Added alternate effects using the 2 pp:

For Siren Attacks:
    - [Sonic/Mystical/Persona/Water] The compulsion effect, but Linked with Force of the Sea. Uses the same range or area as the Linked attack.

For Environment (Which was separated from Force of the Sea and renamed to She's Here to avoid confusing their respective Alternate Effects):
    - [Water, Mystical] The exact same Environment effect, but Linked with Force of the Sea. Effectively floods the room with the water generated by a Force of the Sea effect.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-03-18 at 02:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool beans, anybody got anything they want to do to wrap up the adventure or should I move us on?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I'm cool to advance.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

27. - Top - End - #177

SwashbucklerGuy

I'll see if I can manage a post tonight but otherwise I am good to move on

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

On the off-chance I manage a natural 20...Perception (DC25): (1d20)[2] Well there's a 2, it just lost the 0 along the way.

And for the bonus downtime action, more Rebuilding New Harbour (DC25): (1d20+20)[29] One success.

EDIT: And Wildcard continues to not believe in dice rolls above a 10.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2022-04-08 at 04:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

SwashbucklerGuy

Let's give Perception a try: (1d20+8)[9] Uh... yeah, uh, no.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2022-04-09 at 08:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Should've thought about this when I made my first OOC post, but better late than never - let's try an Expertise roll to see what Wildcard knows about anti-hero groups. This can be Superheroes/Supervillains, The Protectorate, Current Events or New Harbour, whichever is most applicable: (1d20+20)[40] Well there's that natural 20 I was looking for last post!
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2022-04-10 at 06:14 AM.