New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Post Curse of the Crimson Thread: Seven Days to the Grave II [IC]

CURSE OF THE CRIMSON THRONE:
    SEVEN DAYS TO THE GRAVE II
    THE EXCITING CONCLUSION!

The THIRD major roster of adventurers suffered defeat under the Hospice of the Blessed Maiden in the Temple of Urgathoa, as did the second roster before them. With Allen Phan dead, the last remaining adventurer who has been investigating these issues since the beginning has died. But that roster struck a heavy blow against those forces, killing many Gray Maidens, Queen's Physicians, Urgathoan cultists, more than two dozen zombies, and even the twisted leader - Dr. Reiner Davaulus.

Now, with a FOURTH roster, can Adelaide, Vivino, Harsk and the rest finally break the power of the Urgathoan cult, seemingly led by former serial murderer Rolth Lam and his psychotic lover Jolistina Susperio and get evidence that the blood veil that has plagued Korvosa was actually a synthesized form of biowarfare?

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Name
    [Player]
    Color
    Race [Ethnicity]
    (gender ID)
    AL
    Side 1
    Side 2
    Adelaide Breakwater
    [H8teradio]
    Dark Orange
    Half-Elf [Varisian]
    (f)
    NG Magus 7
    [Eldritch Archer]
    Slayer 7
    [Sniper]
    Dul'Dane "Dane" Thunderbreaker
    [Rithryn]
    Gray
    Dwarf
    (m)
    CG Fighter 7 Inquisitor (Cayden Cailean) 7
    Harsk
    [NPC]
    Green
    Dwarf
    (m)
    LN Ranger 7 Spiritualist 7
    Lem
    [NPC Cohort]
    Blue
    Halfling
    (m)
    CG Bard 5 ???
    Lilim
    [Tribute NPC]
    Indigo
    Tiefling [???]
    (f)
    LN ??? ???
    Seelah
    [kvard51]
    Fire Brick Red
    Human [Garundi]
    (f)
    LG ??? Paladin 7
    Vivino Dorso
    [Moriar]
    Purple
    Human [Chelaxian]
    (m)
    N Alchemist 7
    [Internal Alchemist + Vivisectionist]
    Barbarian 7
    [Invulnerable Rager]
    Sigur, Harsk's Deceased Brother
    [NPC Phantom]
    Maroon
    Phantom [Dwarf]
    (m)
    LN 6 HD Phantom (Anger) N/A
    Biter, Harsk's Animal Companion
    [NPC]
    N/A
    Badger
    (m)
    N 4 HD Animal N/A
    Sterling, Seelah's Unicorn
    [NPC]
    Teal
    Half-Celestial Unicorn
    (f)
    LG Half-Celestial Unicorn N/A
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-11-11 at 05:26 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Curse of the Crimson Thread: Seven Days to the Grave II [IC]

Adelaide Breakwater

Description 5' 9" (6' w/ boots), 170 lbs.; Brown Hair, Red Eyes

Half-elven female of average height. Quite muscular compared to the typical Half-elf. She has well-tanned skin, deep red eyes that sparkle in the sunlight, and hair she keeps tied back in a ponytail.

Dressed in traveler's clothes with a coat from a soldier's uniform. It's worn and lacks any insignia that designate rank, awards, or assignment.

Personality

Outgoing and confident. Laughs loud and often, sometimes to hide other emotions. Strong sense of loyalty to friends and family, and she is willing to stick out her neck for those that can't defend themselves.

Home of Record

Korvosa, Varisia

Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 02:35 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Description 4' 8", 196 lbs.; Brown Hair, Brown Eyes

At 4' 8" with a strong, barrel-shaped build, Dul'Dane weighs close to 200 lbs. and has a long brown beard. He often has a smile on his face and is known well by his friends for his bellowing laugh. He has pale skin and wears full armor even when out drinking.

Personality

Jovial and caring, Dul'Dane enjoy's the company of other's, either hearing their stories and speaking fondly of others. He is quick to defend other's and isn't afraid of getting caught in the middle of a disagreement.

Home of Record

Janderhoff, Varisia

Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 02:44 AM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Harsk

Description/ Personality 4' 8", 215 lbs.; Sapphire-Blue Eyes; Red-Blonde Hair

Harsk, like many of his kind, is gruff and taciturn, but there ends most of his connection to dwarven society. Something of a loner, he prefers to spend his time outdoors, communing with nature, though he occasionally travels alongside others whose goals match his own. Uninterested in the beer and ale so strongly associated with dwarves in the minds of human society, Harsk instead drinks pot after pot of strong tea to keep his senses sharp. While he never lets his brother's axe out of his sight, he wields it only as a last resort, knowing his true skills lie in the hunt and striking from darkness.

Home of Record

Druma

Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 02:49 AM.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Lem

Description 3' 0", 36 lbs.; Blue Eyes, Blonde Hair

Short and well-dressed, Lem always seems to have a smile on his face and a perfect joke for any situation. He always jumps to support people who are being stepped on.

Personality

Although Lem was raised in the lap of luxury, his childhood was anything but comfortable. Born into slavery, Lem was sold a half-dozen times to different nobles before he reached the age of 2. Always quick to side with the underdog, Lem has learned that his most powerful trait is his optimisim and sense of humor—skills that more than make up for his small stature and impulsive nature.

Home of Record

Cheliax

Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 02:53 AM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Lilim

Description 5' 11", 165 lbs.; All Black Eyes, Bald (but w/ Black feathery hair at neck)

Her inhuman heritage is all-too apparent. She is scaled, but her scales are practically see-through and her skin is translucent and veiny, with a jaundiced veneer. Two fleshy nubs at her head, no bigger in width or length than her own curled pinky, are vestigial horns. They are at the parallel to the vertical lines of the temples, and are hard to hide on her bald head. Around her neck is a light color of black, feathery hair.

Her prehensile tail tends to slide in a slight arc behind her as a counterbalance, but it is thicker in scales, is no broader than two men's thumbs at central diameter, and is very prehensile. The end of the tail includes a classic, diabolic "barbed" look.

Personality

First daughter in many generations to show infernal traits since an ancestor made a deal so long ago for power. Parents sent her to live with monks to learn restraint and control over her magic. Her power may be extraplanar, but her strength comes from Pharasma. Constantly battling her darker instincts, the devil on her shoulder is herself, with her demonically possessed tail.

Home of Record

Qadira

Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 02:57 AM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Vivino Dorso

Description 6' 2", 200 lbs.; Hazel Eyes, Brown Hair

Tall muscular human male wearing mithril breastplate with loose clothing that could be used to cover up along with leather gloves. Across his back is a backpack and a greatsword along with a few weapons on his belt. He is clean shaven with several battle scars and closely cropped brown hair.

Personality

"I judge people based on their actions, not their words. I will do whatever I can to bring my sister back into the family."

Overall Vivino is cordial and good-natured but if someone wrongs him or his friends/family he will do whatever it takes to make sure they never bother again. The extent that he will go often makes some leery of him but he has a hard time convincing them before they try something.

Home of Record

Cheliax

Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 03:01 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Sunday, 27 Gozran 4708 AR
    (Last Quarter Moon)

No doubt the heroes are sleeping in some, getting up for a late Sunday breakfast and daily preps.

Spoiler: Vivino
    Show
    Vivino, when you awaken, that terrible sickness of the soul you had is gone, and you wake up healed. However, one thing that does linger is that loss of self-confidence you felt when you breathed in that strange powder with the door trap. That hasn't really abated at all. Your sense of self is still weakened.

This morning, there is a dark-skinned woman (Garundi, for those that know) that Master Shyamal had sent to check up on you. "Your wounds have healed well," she says, "do you mind if I check you for any signs of blood veil or any other lingering problems?"

Spoiler: Adelaide
    Show
    Adelaide, you have healed well, given that Harsk and Master Shyamal checked your wounds and gave you medical assistance before you went to bed.

This morning, there is a dark-skinned woman (Garundi, for those that know) that Master Shyamal had sent to check up on you. "Your wounds have healed well," she says, "do you mind if I check you for any signs of blood veil or any other lingering problems?"
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 11:50 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

"Good morning Miss. Thank you for checking on me." Vivino begins. "Overall I am feeling better but I am afraid that something may still be lingering, perhaps a poison?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Adelaide addresses the woman greatfully.

"I already owe Master Shyamal so much, but I won't turn down another check. I've recovered from the blood veil once already and it's not something I'd like to relive."

11. - Top - End - #11

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriar View Post
    "Good morning Miss. Thank you for checking on me." Vivino begins. "Overall I am feeling better but I am afraid that something may still be lingering, perhaps a poison?"
    She'll ask you various questions about it, and figure that it must have been some type of poison, but she would feel better getting Master Shyamal and Harsk to look you over after that.

She does so, and the two men look Vivino over, ask a series of questions (some of them psychological), and then confer with each other in another room. They return and it is Harsk who speaks. "Yeah, we think it's a poison, but not one either of us recognize. That is some very detailed, one-off special stuff, or a truly rare poison. It does seem to be affecting various [insert medical babble here that Vivino has no idea what it means], so I'll be the attending physician throughout the day, and we'll see where you are tomorrow. That said, it doesn't seem to impact any major systems at this time.

"Other than that, you're free to move around."
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by H8teradio View Post
    Adelaide addresses the woman gratefully, "I already owe Master Shyamal so much, but I won't turn down another check. I've recovered from the blood veil once already and it's not something I'd like to relive."
    The woman, of very sturdy build and a little taller than average for a human female, lays her hands on Adelaide's head. One of her hands has a silver holy symbol of Iomedae pressed against Adelaide's forehead as well. After only three prayers and bursts of energy directly into Adelaide, Adelaide is fully healed.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Beholder

"Thank you all for your assistance. I will be under your care and do what I can to help speed things along." Vivino replies. Then during the remainder of the rest period he will be drinking as many liquids as he can get his hands on...water, beer, etc. in order to hopefully flush the poison out while being attended to.

13. - Top - End - #13

ElfRogueGirl

"I am greatful for your aid, might I have your name to thank you properly?"

Conditional Response in Spoiler

Adelaide's stomach lets out a loud grumble and she lets out a soft laugh.

"I hate to impose too much, but I am absolutely starving." She looks down and pats her stomach.
    "Does Master Shyamal have anything for me to address this morning?" Adelaide asks.
    Spoiler: Choose your own adventure
    Show
    Spoil Text
    If she gives her name Adelaide will say "Thank you for your the blessings of The Inheritor, [Insert Name]."
    If she does not "Thank you for the kindness."

14. - Top - End - #14

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriar View Post
    "Thank you all for your assistance. I will be under your care and do what I can to help speed things along." Vivino replies. Then during the remainder of the rest period he will be drinking as many liquids as he can get his hands on...water, beer, etc. in order to hopefully flush the poison out while being attended to.
    He will not be permitted to drink beer, denied ... by all types of people ... by the dwarf, Harsk. "It'll dry you out, and tends to hold negative energy in the body ... not flush it."

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by H8teradio View Post
    "I am greatful grateful for your aid, might I have your name to thank you properly?"

The Garundi woman simply says, in a foreign accent, "I am Seelah."

Adelaide's stomach lets out a loud grumble and she lets out a soft laugh. Adelaide will say "Thank you for your the blessings of The Inheritor, Seelah. I hate to impose too much, but I am absolutely starving." She looks down and pats her stomach. "Does Master Shyamal have anything for me to address this morning?"
    Adelaide will be fed well, as needed. Seelah, for her part, leaves. She was just there for magical healing, and it is Harsk, aided by Master Shyamal, who is the actual "attending physician."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Beholder

Vivino grumbles but nods he agreement to Harsk's words.

16. - Top - End - #16

Moonday, 28 Gozran 4708 AR
    (Last Quarter Moon)

Everyone convenes at Master Shyamal's home in Midlands. In attendance, not counting the servants....
    Master Shyamal (host, but not true participant)
    Adelaide Breakwater
    Vivino Dorsi
    Lilim
    Harsk
    Lem, a halfling valet(?) to the dwarven Pathinder
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Beholder

"Hello again all." Vivino begins. "I hope that you all had a good rest. Greetings to those I have not met previously, my name is Vivino Dorsi.

I hope that you have been made aware of what we may be facing; for I would hate for anyone to go into this place unaware of what may be down there. Lilim, I believe that you wanted us to meet here at this time. Is there more information that you or anyone else have learned to better prepare us all? How can I best be of service to you and our fine host Master Shyamal?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Dane does a short bow.
    "Names Dane, pleasure to meet you. I hear you lot know where the cause of this plague is coming from?"

19. - Top - End - #19

"I have learned nothing new, for our quarry is hidden underground where we found it," says Lilim.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

"Than what are we waiting for, I see Several armed individuals present and I assume you've all had some training. If those of you who have been there have information we can make a plan and go In?"
    Dane looks at the people gathered waiting to hear what they know.

21. - Top - End - #21

A servant had left in the meantime to answer the door, and comes back with the woman who had provided magical healing and looked in regarding disease earlier. But instead of an off-white robe with red trim for Iomedaean vestments, she has traded that in for full plate armor [see Discord].

"I hope I am not too late?" she asks.

"No, not at all, Seelah," answers Master Shyamal, who introduces her to everyone in case they had not met before.

"My order sent me because the loss of Lucius Spriteborn is of concern," Seelah says to the room. "I will go where he had intended. I do not need planning, but rather a door to enter and evil to put to the sword."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-11-04 at 04:27 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Dane looks at Seelah and speaks in a cheerful voice.
    "At least I won't be the only newcomer here, and a fellow holy warrior I see."

23. - Top - End - #23

Beholder

"I am afraid that I do not know very much it seems." Vivino admits. "We managed to get down below through an elevator that requires a special key; which we thankfully have. I am not aware if there are any other entrances. I have been down there once before and unfortunately I do not feel like I learned much. There are several doors that expand from the initial room downstairs. We did not get to explore very much of it before being set upon. We mistakenly split up in an attempt to capture a foe that had turned invisible, but that attracted the attention of several cultists and dangerous fellows including a crossbow wielding invisible woman, a man in an apron that could stretch his arms and paralyze with a strike, and some sort of plague demon that I never got a good look at while I was paralyzed and thankfully carried out of there."

"I will answer any questions that I capable of."

24. - Top - End - #24

ElfRogueGirl

Adelaide admires the newcomers.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Dane. Seelah, "

Adelaide listens to Vivino and adds her own piece after.

"Vivino is right, the Hospice of the Blessed Maiden is a treacherous place. There are traps, undead, and demons and that was barely after we got through the front door. Once we get to the basement it's essential that we work as a team to handle whatever we come up against. We stretched ourselves too thin last time and paid the price."

25. - Top - End - #25

Harsk looks to Seelah, Dane, and Lem. "You see, we were down there to investigate, and the architect of Korvosa's troubles ... Dr. Reiner Davaulus himself, the man charged by the queen to investigate the blood veil, was down there. He led us through a merry chase in various rooms, and in chasing after him we spread out and went all over and things just fell apart from there."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Dane thinks for a while.
    "Than the answer is simple, stick together and work as a team. Once we arrive I can cast a spell to see invisible people. If we work through together Lem and I can call powerful magic to bolster us, we smash through them like a hammer throw dry wood. Lem do you have a song spell to reveal invisible foes?"

27. - Top - End - #27

Lem swallows. "Uhh, nope. I have just the opposite."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Seelah listens to the loss in the voices of the others and it tempers her zeal just slightly, ”I will bow to your wisdom and experience for the moment. But there is much that must be answered for.”
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Beholder

"I know that I am fairly new to this enterprise, but now that I know what I do I feel compelled to put a stop to this disease but also to make sure that our compatriots earlier efforts were not in vain." Vivino says.

"Thank you to you all for helping in this. Unless someone has questions, perhaps we should head back down and proceed carefully as soon as possible."

30. - Top - End - #30

The "Third Crusade" heads out to the Hospice of the Blessed Maiden.

The front entrance is a wooden door whose lock was broken previously. The smell emanating from inside is the unpleasant smell of much death. Any of the "Second Crusade" can tell you that the patients were put to the knife when it seems that the cover was blown after the "First Crusade's" attentions.

Even with the gut-wrenching stench of death, as you enter the entryway, the stinging scent of alcohol and medicine floods this dingy reception room, an odor typical of hospices—and morgues. Across from the entrance sits a long wooden desk, beyond which a stained leather curtain covers an archway, doing a damn poor job of muffling the charnel scent issuing from the rooms beyond.

The party continues through into the vast sick ward. The warehouse’s vast interior has been converted into one gigantic convalescent ward. The stench of alcohol, sickness, waste and death chokes the breath, and tight rows of low, stained cots cram the stone-floored hall. Every bed is filled with a pitiful story—men and women of all walks that were either consumed by the blood veil or ahd their throat slashed when the Queen's Physicians decided to cut their losses.

Does the party do anything, or move to the lift?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-11-09 at 08:30 PM.
    Show