New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: The Book of Boba Fett - First Trailer

The Sarlaac as a punishment never made sense to me. Sure, it will take 10,000 years to digest you, but you're going to be dead of dehydration or starvation long before that...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

While it's true that Star Wars without the Force is a fairly generic space fantasy at its core (deliberately so, given Lucas' Campbellian influences), it still has advantages in terms of extremely deep lore, a massive library of art and production designs among the industries best, and a brand name that draws in money and talent like nobody's business. The Mandalorian has production values and acting capability through the roof compared to the average space show and it seems like the future shows, including Book of Boba Fett, will be the same. This is likely to be the topline 'gangsters in space' show ever made, that seems worth a look even without any real Force presence.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    And The Mandalorian knew it too. Yeah his badass normal exploits were great to watch, but I don't think the show would have hit nearly as hard as it did without the enigma of the kid psionically saving his behind multiple times, not to mention Ahsoka and Luke(!!!) showing up towards the back half. I'm seeing none of that in this trailer, which just makes me worried that they're tossing it all out for this series.
    There wasn't any of it in the trailers for The Mandalorian either.
    (Incidentally, the reception to those three characters makes me think, no, Force-sensitives showing up wouldn't cause too much of a negative backlash.)
    I think that was not because they were Forcz users but because they were: the cutest ball of adorableness that ever graced television (you may not disagree) and two fan-favourites, specifically.

I think it's going to be at least 2 more years, maybe 3, before we hear a peep about that
    Apparently, as of 2020, it was still scheduled for christmas-time 2023.
    I would posit part of the reason for that boredom, stems from the fact that every major Force User we've gotten in A-Canon has been tied in some way to one specific family/dynasty, and the central events surrounding said family. At the very least, I'm beyond bored of that too.
    Rebels's Force-users didn't have much to do with the Skywalkers, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Also, Fett is canonically not Mandalorian.
    He showed Din his birth certificate (or whatever that official document was) so it sounds like he is. Or rather, he has the legal footing to be recognized as such but doesn't seem to care, which makes sense si ce he wasn't raised in a Mandalorian community.

That being said, I was still really hoping that Visions would have at least one story without going full bore into Jedi and lightsabers. As is, it was a whole series based on a one-trick pony, despite branching out to non-Skywalkers.
    Ir it had been one studio making all the episodes, that could have happened, but if you give a dozen dufferent studios the task to pake one animated short film, it's very likely you'll have a dozen animated short films focused on the most iconic/central element of Star Wars. Also, one episode had its protagonist decides not to be a Jedi, and it's one no-one likes.
    and am so excited about BoBF. Along with Andor, Rangers of the New Republic, and pretty much everything else they plan to put out soon.
    Aren't they making an Ahsoka and a Kenobi series?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I am at least potentially looking forward to book of Boba Fett, even if I think he should have died in the Sarlacc pit.
    *Looks vacuously into the middle distance* Somehow, Boba Fett returned...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The Sarlaac as a punishment never made sense to me. Sure, it will take 10,000 years to digest you, but you're going to be dead of dehydration or starvation long before that...
    My guess is that it keeps you alive and conscious for all that time because **** you, but yeah, it's a bit odd. It's also not the most illogical thing in that part of the movie, alas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    This is likely to be the topline 'gangsters in space' show ever made, that seems worth a look even without any real Force presence.
    I really should get around to watching Firefly one day...
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's one thing I like about it - Force users are supposed to be uncommon to downright rare, and the SW universe has a whole galaxy to play around with, and in glad they seem to be waking up to that idea
    And yet, in Staw Wars Visions the most well-received aspects were all about the Force and lightsabers
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I really should get around to watching Firefly one day...
    I said 'topline' not 'best' for a reason. Firefly is great, but it budget really limited it - even comparing the show to the movie makes this quite clear. Book of Boba Fett is highly unlikely to have anything like Firefly's dramatic heft or character execution, but in terms of action scenes, visual effects, costuming (including aliens, the group assembled around the banquet table in the trailer might as well be made of dollar bills), and all the other technical factors there's a weight to a Star Wars show that nothing else put in space has right now or likely will for the near future.

Admittedly that's kind of sad, but it still counts to me as a reason to watch, Force or no Force.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

6. - Top - End - #36
    Spamalot in the Playground

+1 to them explaining the Sarlacc Pit. Until then my headcanon is clear.

There wasn't any of it in the trailers for The Mandalorian either.
    Point, but that was largely because of the big reveal (Grogu) during episode 1. I doubt they're going to stick another Baby Yoda in this show. Still, you're right, there's reason to hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

He showed Din his birth certificate (or whatever that official document was) so it sounds like he is. Or rather, he has the legal footing to be recognized as such but doesn't seem to care
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tragedy
    The Mandalorian : Are you a Mandalorian?

Boba Fett : I'm a simple man making his way through the galaxy. Like my father before me.

The Mandalorian : Did you take the Creed?

Boba Fett : I give my allegiance to no one.

The Mandalorian : The beskar belongs to the Mandalorians. It was looted from us during the Purge.

Boba Fett : The armor was my father's. Now it's mine.
    Mandalorian leader says the Fetts are not Mandalorians. Fett is directly asked if he is a Mandalorian. Fett very explicitly refuses to say that he is multiple times. He shows that the armor did legitimately belong to his father.

Far be it from me to question the unknowns of the Mandalorian legal system, but if the leader of a people says he's not one of them and he refuses to say he's one of them then I'm going to assume that he's not one of them. Even if he owns the national dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    And yet, in Staw Wars Visions the most well-received aspects were all about the Force and lightsabers
    ... The entire show was about the Force and lightsabers. That's like saying in Law & Order the most well-received aspects were all really the cops and lawyers.

And even ignoring that, "well received" is different from "I think is good". American Idol has been well received since the early aughts. I've never seen it and never want to. No matter how well received it is.
    Point, but that was largely because of the big reveal (Grogu) during episode 1.
    There's also that the vast majority of the story (nearly the entirety of it in the first season) had little to no Force use or Force users affecting anything. Nearly all of what happened was done by non-space-wizards.
    My best guess is that it was just "you'll get eaten alive and die painfully, and to add insult to injury, here's what happens to your corpse"? I dunno, RotJ dropped the ball on a few things.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-11-04 at 07:38 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

Jango is specifically called out as a Foundling (adopted Mandalorian) as well as someone who "fought in the Mandalorian Civil War".

In that context, the corrupt Mandalorian politician Almec saying "Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter - how he acquired that armour is beyond me" does not need to be taken as "Proof that Jango Fett was no Mandalorian".

https://www.starwars.com/news/temuer...rian-interview

While bounty hunters aren’t necessarily villains, the Fett of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi was definitely an antagonist. Here, Favreau, Filoni, Rodriguez, and Morrison accomplish a great feat in giving us more of Boba’s background — his father was indeed a Mandalorian, and that armor is rightly his — while showing that he has a code. When Fett gets his armor back, he doesn’t run away. He continues to help the Mandalorian, promising to fulfill his debt that the Child, abducted by dark troopers, will be returned safely. In these moments, Fett becomes less a volcano, more a cowboy hero. “

Boba Fett's overt refusal to claim himself as "a Mandalorian". being evidence that he isn't one in the technical sense, I can agree with.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2021-11-04 at 07:43 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    Jango is specifically called out as a Foundling (adopted Mandalorian) as well as someone who "fought in the Mandalorian Civil War".

In that context, the corrupt Mandalorian politician Almec saying "Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter - how he acquired that armour is beyond me" does not need to be taken as "Proof that Jango Fett was no Mandalorian".

https://www.starwars.com/news/temuer...rian-interview

While bounty hunters aren’t necessarily villains, the Fett of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi was definitely an antagonist. Here, Favreau, Filoni, Rodriguez, and Morrison accomplish a great feat in giving us more of Boba’s background — his father was indeed a Mandalorian, and that armor is rightly his — while showing that he has a code. When Fett gets his armor back, he doesn’t run away. He continues to help the Mandalorian, promising to fulfill his debt that the Child, abducted by dark troopers, will be returned safely. In these moments, Fett becomes less a volcano, more a cowboy hero. “

Boba Fett's overt refusal to claim himself as "a Mandalorian". being evidence that he isn't one in the technical sense, I can agree with.
    My understanding is Jango was a Mandalorian, was excommunicated (for lack of a better term), and Boba doesn't particularly care about being one, and accepts that he is not. And then doesn't want to give Din reason to deny him the armor.

It doesn't help that Lucas rewrote Boba Fett's origin half a dozen times.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-11-04 at 07:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Colossus in the Playground

I figured that after the War, he just didn't want to join either the Death Watch in hiding, or the pacifists, and struck out on his own as a bounty hunter.

The idea of "excommunicating" hasn't actually been stated in-universe, so, if Jango followed "The Creed" he's just as much a Mandalorian as Din Djarin.

Bo-Katan isn't the Mandalorian leader thanks to her losing the Darksaber, and Almec wasn't "the leader" either.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2021-11-04 at 08:00 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    I figured that after the War, he just didn't want to join either the Death Watch in hiding, or the pacifists, and struck out on his own as a bounty hunter.

The idea of "excommunicating" hasn't actually been stated in-universe, so, if Jango followed "The Creed" he's just as much a Mandalorian as Din Djarin. And, regardless, Boba claims no allegiance to the Creed.

Bo-Katan isn't the Mandalorian leader thanks to her losing the Darksaber, and Almec wasn't "the leader" either.
    The Creed is only taken by a Din's splinter sect, which we already know isn't universally Mandalorian.

Almec was Prime Minister, which, lacking the Darksaber (sidenote: I'd have I referred they kept the helmet as the symbol of leadership rather than the Darksaber, which I'm not a fan of), is as close to leader of the Mandos as one can be.

As for excommunication...that was just my take. He may have renounced on his own. Regardless, it's generally across that one he struck out as a bounty hunter, he was no longer a Mandalorian. Almec may have hyperbolized and obfuscated about the armor for PR reasons (or just being a jerk, or not know g or caring about the exact details).
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-11-04 at 08:20 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Mandalorian leader says the Fetts are not Mandalorians.
    Do you mean Bo-Katan? Because she's not the leader of the mandalorian yet/any more and her reason for disqualifying him is being a clone, which is stupid and bigoted. Do you mean Almec? Because he wasn't leader (that was Satine at the time) and, most importantly, spends the entire conversation lying tondistance his governement from the actions of other Mandalorians: he notably claims the Death Watch warrior Kenobi shows him an hologram of can't be a Mandalorian.
    Fett is directly asked if he is a Mandalorian. Fett very explicitly refuses to say that he is multiple times. He shows that the armor did legitimately belong to his father.
    Boba dodges the question (which may be because he knows that Din is a Child of the Watch and they have a stricter and narrower view of the term "Mandalorian" than everybody else), true. And indeed, self-identification is a an important factor of cultural identity, but he intends to walk around with the cultural symbol of the Mandalorians on his face and observes a code of honour not dissimilar to the Mandalorians. His only parent was a mandalorian but he only raised him up to the age of ten and Boba then grew up separated from Mandalorian culture.

Ultimately the question is actually three questions : does he see himself as a Mando? Do the other Mandos see him as one? And do the rest of the galaxy sees him as one?
    I'd say the non-mandos definitely see him as a Mando, he may or may not see himself as one and some Mandalorians don't see hip as one (Bo-Katan) while some might (Din Djarin).

Ultimately, I'd say he has everything he needs to "qualify" and the only questio is whether he identifies himself as a Mandalorian or not.
    Forum Wisdom

13. - Top - End - #43

There's also that the vast majority of the story (nearly the entirety of it in the first season) had little to no Force use or Force users affecting anything. Nearly all of what happened was done by non-space-wizards.
    I'm fine with the plot not being driven by them. The kid saves Mando's life pretty early on, and without that there'd have been no other plot, so it gave me something metaphysical to hold my interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

14. - Top - End - #44

Boba dodges the question (which may be because he knows that Din is a Child of the Watch and they have a stricter and narrower view of the term "Mandalorian" than everybody else), true.
    He openly says he doesn't follow the Creed, which significantly reduces thar idea. He could just say he was, if he was. Simple. Easy. He could back it up with the record he showed anyway, after all. He didn't. There's no reason to refuse to say he was, dspe ially since he did refute the Creed.
    Ultimately, I'd say he has everything he needs to "qualify" and the only questio is whether he identifies himself as a Mandalorian or not.
    And he clearly doesn't, even when directly and explicitly given ample opportunity, where doing so would have helped ensure he got what he wanted.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

He openly says he doesn't follow the Creed, which significantly reduces thar idea. He could just say he was, if he was. Simple. Easy. He could back it up with the record he showed anyway, after all. He didn't. There's no reason to refuse to say he was, dspe ially since he did refute the Creed.
    Not buying into the creed of some cult isn't the same as not being part of the greater culture of which that cult is a part.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Almec was Prime Minister, which, lacking the Darksaber (sidenote: I'd have I referred they kept the helmet as the symbol of leadership rather than the Darksaber, which I'm not a fan of), is as close to leader of the Mandos as one can be.
    What disqualifies Satine, Duchess of Mandalore, exactly?

As for excommunication...that was just my take. He may have renounced on his own. Regardless, it's generally across that one he struck out as a bounty hunter, he was no longer a Mandalorian. Almec may have hyperbolized and obfuscated about the armor for PR reasons (or just being a jerk, or not know g or caring about the exact details).
    Remember the context: Obi-Wan demands to know why a Mandalorian warrior was working with the Separatists, Almec says the Mandalorian warriors no longer exists. Obi-Wan says he's met one: Jango Fett, Almec say Jango isn't a Mandalorian. In that very episode it turns out there are a lot of Mandalorian warriors. Why give credit to Almec on this one? He was lying through his teeth.
    He openly says he doesn't follow the Creed, which significantly reduces thar idea.
    Err...
    The Creed is only taken by a Din's splinter sect, which we already know isn't universally Mandalorian.

He could just say he was, if he was. Simple. Easy.
    And he could say he wasn't, if he weren't. Simple. Easy.
    He could back it up with the record he showed anyway, after all. He didn't. There's no reason to refuse to say he was, dspe ially since he did refute the Creed.
    Sure there is: if he suspects that Din doesn't have the same understanding of the word than he does. Din said Bo-Katan and her crew weren't Mandalorians because they didn't cover their faces in front of other. Pressing the argument of "this armor belonged to my father*, so it's mine now" is a better argument than trying to meet the standards of a Child of the Watch on wether he qualifies as a Mandalorian.

*Speaking of, the helmet was blown to smithereens in The Clone Wars where did he get another one?
    Forum Wisdom

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Not buying into the creed of some cult isn't the same as not being part of the greater culture of which that cult is a part.
    I added that in to address Fyr's but in parentheses.

The creed is irrelevant to the overall point that if he was a Mandalorian, there was no reason whatsoever to avoid confirming it.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Boba seems like a pragmatist, he might easily claim to be a Mandalorian one day if it suits his purposes and then not the next.

But Mandalorians themselves seem to disagree a lot on what being a Mandalorian really is.

*Speaking of, the helmet was blown to smithereens in The Clone Wars where did he get another one?
    Fanservice trumps logic every time.

I imagine there will be plenty of Force related stuff in the Ahsoka series, I just hope they get claw their way out of 'complain about the PT Jedi' mode.

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Boba seems like a pragmatist, he might easily claim to be a Mandalorian one day if it suits his purposes and then not the next.
    It would have suited his purposes in that very scene!

Anyway, he seems to be pretty honorable. I don't think he'd lie about it.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

He might be shooting for 'the armour is mine' without being bound to Mandalorian obligations.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    He might be shooting for 'the armour is mine' without being bound to Mandalorian obligations.
    What Mandalorian obligations? And he helped Don regardless! There is no known circumstance whatsoever in which claiming to be Mandalorian would not have directly furthered his cause there. There were zero downsides. No repurcussions. He could have provided documentation (as he did anyway). He could have agreed to "obligations" to help Din (which he did anyway). There is no reason at all to not claim to be Mandalorian there if he was one. Hell, even if there were "Mandalorian obligations", then by definition, he would be obliged to them as a Mandalorian. Unless he's not a Mandalorian, which is very clearly what he was shooting for there. And all this is ignoring the Doylistic "the show creators have openly said he's not Mandalorian".

Out of universe, nobody at Lucasfilm says he is Mandalorian. In universe, nobody in the galaxy, including him, claim him as a Mandalorian. So when I hear fans saying "well i think he's a Mandalorian", especially in the face of all the evidence against, my mind starts to boggle at some point.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's a ridiculous debate anyway. what is "a mandalorian". Someone born on Mandalore? Someone of the specific human genetic stock that originated there? Someone adopted by a mandalorian (foundling)?

We don't even know if its a race, a creed, a movement, a religion or all of the above.

In the real world, we are "humans" because we belong to the human race. If we went to a different world and had children born there, they would still be "humans". But would they be Earthlings? Martians? If an American goes to Mars and has a kid, is that kid human? an Earthling? An American?

My understanding of star wars canon is that Jango Fett was NOT of mandalorian genetic stock of origin, that he was adopted into "Mandalore" as a foundling. Then he was excommunicated or somehow cast out.

That would appear to mean that he's no longer "a mandalorian" by some esoteric definition. But its NOT an objective definition. Someone like Din comes along and says rigidly "You are not a mandalorian" but someone else could still consider him to be "a mandalorian"

And Boba? Well Boba is a clone. Based on Clone Wars and Clone Troopers, I don't see any evidence that clones inherit any sort of sociological classifications of their donors.

so you can't say Boba is genetically a Mandalorian, because his donor, Jango was not genetically Mandalorian.
    You can't say Boba is a "foundling" Mandalorian, because he was never adopted into the culture and he doesn't intrinsically inherit that from his donor.
    You can't say Boba is a child of Mandalore because he's NOT a child, he's a clone. So even if children of foundlings are considered Mandalorian, he doesn't qualify.
    I don't think we can claim knowledge of if adopted children of foundlings are intrinsically considered Mandalorian or not.
    You certainly can't say Boba is culturally a Mandalorian, because he actively rejects the culture of Mandalore as its been explained to us, choosing to go his own way.

Boba believes the armor is his because it was his fathers. End of.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

New trailer, though rather brief:

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    New trailer, though rather brief:
    I would like to purchase one ticket for the hype train.
    I like the Mandalorian, but I wouldn't want to play in a tabletop RPG based around something like the Mandalorian.
    Missed this the first time 'round, but that RPG exists and is the current gen of Star Wars TTRPGs: Edge of the Empire. I've wanted to play for quite a long time now.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-11-29 at 09:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

There’s a simple blaster proof explanation for that. Jabba was lying because he wanted to hear them beg.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Missed this the first time 'round, but that RPG exists and is the current gen of Star Wars TTRPGs: Edge of the Empire. I've wanted to play for quite a long time now.
    Which is fair, it's just not for me.

27. - Top - End - #57

Which is fair, it's just not for me.
    For the record, it's really one-third of the game; there's also Age of Rebellion, which focuses around more military games of Rebel v Empire, and Force and Destiny, which focuses around force users. Each of them is a standalone TTRPG but they can be combined/mix-and-matched seamlessly. Edge of the Empire is what it says in the tin, focusing on the edge of the empire. Not necessarily bounty hunters, but simple pilots, engineers, slicers, scholars, just general life-in-the-galaxy style things when you're not involved in military campaigns or space wizardry.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-11-29 at 10:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

I would like to purchase one ticket for the hype train.
    I'd like a ticket as well. I like what I'm seeing so far.

For the record, it's really one-third of the game; there's also Age of Rebellion, which focuses around more military games of Rebel v Empire, and Force and Destiny, which focuses around force users. Each of them is a standalone TTRPG but they can be combined/mix-and-matched seamlessly. Edge of the Empire is what it says in the tin, focusing on the edge of the empire. Not necessarily bounty hunters, but simple pilots, engineers, slicers, scholars, just general life-in-the-galaxy style things when you're not involved in military campaigns or space wizardry.
    Thank you for this synopsis. I saw the books at my FLGS and was confused; they all seemed like a "PHB" and didn't explain themselves well to me on how they fit together. I think Edge sounds the most interesting of the three, followed by Force.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, in the old EU, nope. The Sarlacc integrates your nervous system with it's own so you're awake and aware the whole time it takes to digest you, as it absorbs your psyche into it's own. It was also both Sapient, and malevolent.

Because y'know. The EU liked to take a lot of throw away comments literally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I mean, in the old EU, nope. The Sarlacc integrates your nervous system with it's own so you're awake and aware the whole time it takes to digest you, as it absorbs your psyche into it's own. It was also both Sapient, and malevolent.

Because y'know. The EU liked to take a lot of throw away comments literally.
    It is stuff like this that makes me wonder why people complained about Disney shoving it all into Legends. The only good EU properties I've ever heard people talk about were Rogue Squadron and Thrawn. At least Disney won't be dropping any moons on Chewbacca.