New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Primus Corrupted

"I am very interested! I am always happy to serve.

As for... remuneration, perhaps you are in a position to help. My partner came down with a tragic case of being trampled to death by elephants. I have implemented various... palliative measures, but a true cure is beyond me.. While I am away, I will need someone to maintain our apartment and help them with daily tasks.

But, perhaps one in your position might be able to effect a more, err, viable long-term solution?"

She shifts uncomfortably. "Errm...if not, I'm sure your standard rate is fine."
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Warren
    Show

The man looks to an old woman, who nods slightly. He looks back at Warren, then says, "There is a portal at the edge of the city. That is the reason the city was built here, to allow for trade with another plane. If you go to the forest at the edge of town, there is an ancient wooden gate built into a wall. You need to rub your thumb and finger over a silver coin as you go through it, and it will take you to the plane of Arborea. Travel a mile to the north, and you will encounter another gate, made up of a cave mouth. Sing a happy song as you enter it, and it will take you to Mechanus. Is that all clear?" he says.

Yes, I understood that perfectly. You have my word I'll deal with this as fast as I can, I gotta get home soon too! Warren says the last few words almost shouting, since he was already running to the edge of town.
    Last edited by Arael666; 2021-12-01 at 07:12 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Give me more information. Like when they appeared to burn the village, anything they said during their attack, etc. Any extra tidbit might help towards solving this Modron problem."

A.J's posture remains the same; relaxed and non-hostile. Unclenched hands, slumped shoulders and a confident smile contribute towards the impression. He figures he can use the assumption of him being a powerful being to his advantage to get more info. Not to help, no. Helping is secondary. Sating curiosity is a first. If the conflict interests him enough, he will ride the waves. If not, he will go his own way.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2021-12-01 at 09:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Bron nods and accepts the portal key, he steps outside, letting his shadow mastiff take the lead, and as he did so, he turned invisible.

Now, he just needed to find the White Pintail tavern...but something was chewing at him, 'sing a happy song', it gnawed at him, this was going to be rough. He thought to himself as he wandered about, trying to listen to conversations, and get his bearings for the tavern, if that failed, he would just start asking, no harm in that. He would of course play the part, so in case someone was following him, it would be one of his aliases.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Londu tells the cambion "Hello, sir. Are you the one known as Rule-of-Three? You don't look the way i expected.

In any case, on the Prime I saw a modron start to behave strangely, almost as if the March was about to come on, but that's not supposed to happen yet. I am hoping to find out what caused it. Do you know if other modrons have been affected, and what might be causing it, or where I might be able to find such answers?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Thomas was enjoying his breakfast in a local adventuring guild hall in the city of doors. He was looking over the postings for various odd jobs. He felt satisfied with the last job he preformed, a curse removal from a family heirloom that he thinks involved a jealous uncle. Either way it was satisfying work but with one job done he'd need another soon enough. Once he found one suited to his tastes he'd pen a letter to his home church and to his parents back in waterdeep, sending it with a mephit or Slyph currier.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Tyosh
    Show

The woman seems almost gently amused. "The powers of the Upper Planes who are among those seeking this information would be quite prepared to assist your companion. No matter what their state, they can be resurrected and returned to life. If the payment is acceptable, as it appears that it is, then I can plane shift you straight to Mechanus. Others are being employed as well, so keep an eye out for them. They will be able to assist you. Is there anything else you need? If not, I will transfer you immediately," she says.

Spoiler: Warren
    Show

Warren finds the portal quickly, as the path is well trod, and a steady stream of people are coming and going. Warren passes through the portal, then finds himself on another world. The lands are forested and stunningly beautiful. He heads to the north, and rapidly finds the cave entrance he has been told about.

Spoiler: A.J.
    Show

One of the surviving villagers looks up and replies, "They arrived about twenty minutes ago. They marched in out of nowhere. No one thought anything of it, until they started to attack people without cause, and destroying the buildings. They didn't say a word, they actually seemed confused about what they were doing here, even as they killed and burned. I have heard of the Great Modron March, of course, and it was something like what that was like, from what I have heard. But during the Great Marches, they retain their awareness. Here, they were virtually mindless."

Spoiler: Bron
    Show

Bron wanders around for a short time, before finding, in the merchant district, a medium sized building with a sign out the front, displaying a bird he recognises as a white pintail. Bron enters the building, and heads for the bar. The place is moderately busy, but nothing special. It seems like the sort of place that is designed not to attract attention. Asking, somewhat self-consciously, for the Special Stock, the is taken out the back, where there is a doorway leading to a room where the barrels are apparently kept. Approaching it, it seems to shimmer slightly, and it is impossible to tell what the portal key might be. It could just be that it is the desire to travel through the gate that might activate it. That is not unheard of, though a key that simple is uncommon.

Spoiler: Londu
    Show

The cambion hesitates, then nods. "Ah, greetings. Yes, I am known to those of Sigil as Rule of Three. To answer your very brief question, yes, I have heard of the modrons behaving strangely, and I am in search of the cause of this myself. If you are prepared to reveal what you find out, I can transport you to the modrons' plane, Mechanus. It is possible that the devils are acting to drive them mad, though it could as easily be the solars who are trying to drive the entire plane of Mechanus from neutrality into goodness," he says. "But I have my price, as all in Sigil know. I must be paid in threes. Because I expect you to return with information, my price will be low. I want the feathers of three different types of birds."

Spoiler: Thomas
    Show

As Thomas relaxes, a bariaur enters the room. He looks around, as if seeking someone. Seeing Thomas, he approaches and bows at the waist, as a baraiur is restricted to by his build. "Are you Thomas of Waterdeep?" he asks. Finding a sign of acknowledgement, he says, "I thought so. I was given your description quite carefully. I bring you a message. A'Kin the Arcanoloth seeks you. He can be found in his magical trinket shop, the Friendly Fiend. He asks that you go there immediately, and says it will be worth your while," he says.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

The green scenery made Warren imediately think of his home grove and feel a little homesick. But now he had a promisse to keep and he was going to see it to the end. "It's what the grove mother would have wanted" he tought as he swiftly ran north.

[...]

Warren stands in front of the cave entrance, with folded arms and holding his own chin. "Happy song... Happy song... what whas that one that Calico use to sing for us again?... Oh right!" Warren walks slowly towards the de gate humming and trying to remember the actual lyrics. As he remembers a verse, he picks up his pace and goes through the gate while singing:

Listen my child, you say to me
    I am the voice of your hystory
    Be not afraid, come follow me
    Answer my call and I'll set you free

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"I should tell Persh I will be gone for a while. I'll be back in an hour to Plane Shift, if that is acceptable"
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Londu tells Three "Very well. To return here, do I come back through the same portal you will show me?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A.J tilts his head as if confused.

"What do these modrons usually do? Keeping order in this plane?"

As his half-joking, half-serious tone echoes to the villagers, the flying human fishes his brain for information on these species and the Great Modron March one of these villagers mentioned. He hopes his exposure to this plane in the past can help him recall what he knows of them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Knowledge (Planes) to know about Modrons, their current state, their abilities and Great Modron March: (1d20+10)[27]

If result is below 25, re-roll knowledge check: (1d20+10)[29]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2021-12-06 at 10:36 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Grasping the small piece of a hangman's rope in one hand, and the other on the hilt of his blade, he attempts to step through the portal in the back of the inn.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Thomas blinks in surprise for a moment and he nods, buying time to swallow his food before saying "ah yes, I am Thomas of waterdeep... the friendly fiend, is that the one next to the upside down fountain? I'll be right over. Thank you very much" Thomas tosses the man a coper in appreciation of receiving the message and finishes off his meal with a bit more haste before leaving to go right to where he's expected

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I will post here, so people will notice it. I have had a lot of IRL stuff going on lately, which is why I have had no time for DMing. I have had time to mess about on the recruitment thread, but no time to devote to actually running games myself. I have unfortunately lost enthusiasm for running games right now. I am closing down all but one game I have been running for two years. Everything else is going. I am truly sorry to have to do this to you all, especially so early in the game. But I just don't feel I can do the game justice at the moment.

I will keep the game tagged on my browser, though, and if I feel more enthusiasm rise once again later I will contact you all through this page. So you can keep your sheets saved, if you like, just in case. Maybe after Christmas I will feel a bit better about it.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2021-12-16 at 12:43 AM.