New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for fun, beautiful and relaxing settlement building game?

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
    Can I ask why Tropico 4 and not 5/6?
    I haven't played 6 yet, so I can't comment on that. From what I hear, it's similar enough to 5 that you'll probably like either both or neither.

I'd recommend both 4 and 5, but it's usually harder to move backwards in a series than forward, so I'd start with 4 (or right at the beginning with 1 if you want to go the full way)

Personally I enjoyed the characters in 4 more and I didn't like starting as a colony in 5, but that's personal opinion and doesn't affect the gameplay.

You certainly can't do wrong with any of them, so if you prefer to get the one you can find the best deal on, that's also a valid way to choose.
    What did the monk say to his dinner?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of the frying pan and into the friar!

How would you describe a knife?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting-edge technology

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

How about Anno 1800s?

Seems it has the same thematic feel of the early Tropico stages?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

The last Anno game I played was Anno 1404 so I can't tell you how good 1800 is. It is one of the top tier city builde series out there, so I expect it's pretty good. Judging from the older games, I expect Anno 1800 to be deeper than Tropico. I also assume combat is an intrinsic part of the game that you will have to engage with if you play the campaign.
    Part of the appeal of Tropico is the humor of the game, which can be hit or miss depending on how much you enjoy caricatures of personalities from the cold war era. Anno will be completely serious.
    What did the monk say to his dinner?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of the frying pan and into the friar!

How would you describe a knife?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting-edge technology

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
    For me, the original Stronghold is the D&D town simulator from 1993.

You most likely meant the much newer medieval castle / economy simulator game that's only 1 or 2 decades old. :D
    Thats a blast from the past. Had so much fun with that - even picked it up on GoG recently for nostalgia's sake.