New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: tomboys and troublemakers: a wfrp 2e game

That hardly seems worth the gold they offered. I wouldn't want to anger the guilds people.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Fair enough. You don't want to try the side entrance Siobhan talked about?

You may be able to find it and tell if its safe

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Grimgoth will set off to try and find this side entrance.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure what rolls are required for this if any.
    PerceptionVs38 - (1d100)[4]
    SearchVs28 - (1d100)[90]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

You find the side entrance. It looks no worse for wear, but you do notice a couple braces have shifted a little.

siobhan sniffles, and nods. "he and the miners bought me time to escape"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis frowns. He doesn’t like this any more than anyone else. He made an oath to find out what caused the mine’s silence, and his conscience is not eased that he has completed that task with just the girl’s story. But he also has no desire to leave Siobhan alone while they investigate. Yet those were the only options, as he could see it. So he sighed, made his peace, and introduced the girl to his horses.

“You come here with your father, you must go back and forth to town with him, ah? You must have gone the way with a cart full of iron a few times, I think. Here. We must go into the mine. There may be others who need help. You will have to stay here - perhaps near your old hiding spot, since it work so well. But if trouble comes, you come to my horses, ma’amselle. Adélard is a fighting horse; he will not run away, and he will fight for you, ah? Noble champion on four legs.” He offers a reassuring smile as he pats the warhorse’s flank. “Rainier is a running horse. So you climb up here, and ride back up the path to the road and take the road back to town. And we catch up to you on the way back, I think. Alright?”

After he’s given the girl the unfortunately necessary orientation about his horses, he leaves her with them and the bag of fodder. He trusts in the ancient bond of girls and horses to take her mind off the tragedy for a while, as he talks to his companions. “Side entrance, ah? Easier to track from the main, I think; but more predictable. But I am ready to go - just quickly in and out, confirm the enemy, perhaps take one head or free who we can. The girl should not be left alone for long, even if we cannot spare any of our number to wait with her.”
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2021-12-21 at 10:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quick raid? Good. How about Grimgoth go ahead because he can see without fire and the rest of us follow at a distance so as not to give away our presence?
    Last edited by wilphe; 2021-12-21 at 03:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

"It seems good to me, this way. After you, sir dwarf."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

With that Grimgoth hands off his lantern and confidently strides into the side entrance of the mine. Mines were the homes of dwarves and Grimgoth felt at ease as the Earth seemed to engulf him on all sides. He seemed guide by some inborn dwarven instinct as his steps carried him further underground. He kept an eye and ear out for any sign of the struggle that happened here days before.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Again not sure what checks so
    Perceptionvs38 - (1d100)[74]
    SilentMoveVs16 - (1d100)[65]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard hoods the lantern, ready to light torches and such if the time comes

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Giving Grimgoth a little lead time, Bertelis keeps pace with the other humans; sword and shield out, unlit torches tied to his belt with a leather thong.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

The tunnel slopes downwards at a steady rate. Soon the dripping of water and the smell of mold hit your noses

Will everyone toss me perception at -10? except grimgoth and wighard

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

in the interest of saving this game, im gonna move it along

as you stalk along the tunnel, two large hirsute creatures jump out at you. roll for initiative

(4d100)[49][45][33][66](193)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard tries to get another torch or two going so they can see what they are up against

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

the light illuminates two troll-like creatures, with huge warty, scabby plates extending down their tummies and backs. they speak a distorted version of reikspiel, interspersed with mumblings and chitterings

(1d10+4)[6]grimgoth
    (1d10+4)[9]sir bertelis
    (1d10+4)[6]wighard

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (d10+47)[52]

Does this require a Fear test?

Emil raises his sword in a defensive position and glances nervously at the others.

"I say we take them down one by one," he hisses. While he is no tactician, he has been in enough street fights to know that reducing the enemy's numbers—even by one—goes a longer way than giving several of them a bloody nose.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

the monstrosity attacks, claws sweeping towards sir bertelis and emil. both hit

(2d100)[50][12](62)

damage
    (1d10+4)[10]sir bertelis
    (1d10+4)[7] emil
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-01-14 at 07:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

"Damn! Right on top of us! Back, you filth! Back!"

Lurching back to avoid the worst of the sweeping claw, Sir Bertelis immediately pushes onto the offensive - hacking away at the beast nearest to him with big, chopping blows of his longsword.

Spoiler: OOC Rolls!
    Show
    DodgeVs42 - (1d100)[27], or a reroll if failed for DodgeVs42 - (1d100)[34].

Swift attack, to attack twice.

AttackVs51 - (1d100)[24]
    AttackVs51 - (1d100)[26]

If there's a first successful hit, it will do Damage - (1d10+4)[5] or Damage - (1d10+4)[13], whichever is higher.
    If there's a second successful hit, it will do Damage - (1d10+4)[5] or Damage - (1d10+4)[8], whichever is higher.

Edit: Yikes, I'm just killin' these rolls. I hope there's no horrible reversal.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-01-14 at 07:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard, not directly engaged, tries to light a few torches from the lantern, maybe these things are afraid of light or fire. If not, they have a better chance of seeing what is going on.

Let us see how these things feel about fire
    Last edited by wilphe; 2022-01-15 at 11:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Emil raises his shield to block the first strike, and hits back cautiously at his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Parry at +10 from using a Defensive weapon (target 54) against the troll's attack: (d100)[51] Passed, no damage

Aimed attack (+10) vs. 54: (d100)[86]
    Damage: (d10+4)[6]

His blade hits only air and he growls in frustration.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2022-01-17 at 09:43 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

the monsters ignore the torches. monstrosity 2 will make two claw attacks against emil and grimgoth. the first swings wide, but the second connects

(2d100)[79][17](96)

emil damage: (1d10+3)[4]
    grimgoth damage: (1d10+3)[8]
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-01-22 at 02:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Grimgoth raise his shield to parry this hideous creatures claw swiping at him. The shield barely getting into place in time to stop the blow.
    A deep rage filled Grimgoth and unleashed a series of deadly slashing with his axe. Deadly but blinded by rage. None of the blows drawing blood.
    Die foul creature! he screamed exasperated at his failing to connect.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

ParryVs62 - (1d100)[57]
    Swift Attack -Full action to attack twice.
    AttackVs67 - (1d100)[93] if it hits the higher of the two Damage - (1d10)[10] or (1d10)[8] +5
    AttackVs67 - (1d100)[88] if it hits the higher of the two Damage - (1d10)[4] or (1d10)[7] +5

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Emil feels his blood pumping with excitement as he dodges the creature's claws. This is... exhilarating, truth to be told. Doing his best not to lose himself, he strikes back.

Show
    Aimed attack vs. 54: (d100)[30]
    Damage: (d10+4)[5]

He can only manage a glancing blow, unlikely to cause any real damage.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2022-01-24 at 10:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

monstrosity A tanks the wound, but monstrosity B is limping

monstrosity a will make two claw attacks against sir bertelis. the first goes wide, but the second punches deep through the chain mail

(2d100)[75][30](105)

(1d10+3)[10]
    (1d10+3)[13]

monstrosity a 15/15
    monstrosity b 6/15
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-01-24 at 02:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing his friend in such trouble Wighard gropes towards his pouch in an attempt to make this fight a bit more even

Show

(1d100)[64] Channelling

(1d10)[3] +1 for Down +1 if Channelling succeeds

Target 6

Target must make WP test or sleep for 1d10 rounds

And even if he fails he is now giving the young Bretonnian +10% on his attacks

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis is hacking away at one of the beasts just as it turns to assault Grimgoth; and he moves to take advantage of its decision, leaving his shield high defending his flank against the other for a moment as he prepares for a piercing strike to the wounded creature's back, and hopefully heart. As he does so, he feels one set of claws rake off the shield, which is well enough; but some inexplicable instinct warns him that he cannot afford even that moment of inattention, and he ducks his head like a tortoise just as a second set of decapitating claws go whizzing past, their tips ringing off his helm and scoring the steel.

Morr has come very close, just now; but the Bretonnian has ducked the scythe, and attempts, with his own sword, to guide it into the back of the wounded creature.

Spoiler: OOC Rolls!
    Show
    ...Were accidentally rolled in the OOC thread. First attack missed. Second one hits for a non-terrible 9 Damage before soak, on the wounded Monstrosity (To the head, infact). Since Bertelis is before Wighard in the initative, it's only NOW that he'll start benefitting from the helpful magic!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

monstrosity b tanks the sleep spell through sheer stupidity, but both claws go wide

(1d100)[3]

(2d100)[64][63](127)
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-01-27 at 02:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Grimgoth dodges out the way of two claw swipe. Oy! Ugly! Overhere ya bonka!
    The dwarf tries goading the troll-like creature into keeping its focus on himself. He then charges it with his axes flailing.
    Grimgoth connects with the thing's chin with one of his swipes of the axe. There is a shower of gore as the dwarf laughs.
    Spoiler: OOC and rolls
    Show

Swift Attack Full Action
    Attack1Vs62 - (1d100)[21] if it hits highest out of Damage - (1d10+5)[11] or (1d10+5)[15] Confirmed Grimnir's Fury for an additional 2 points and 17 total damage to the head.
    Attack2Vs62 - (1d100)[71] if it hits highest out of Damage - (1d10+5)[14] or (1d10+5)[8] *Whiff*
    I didn't explicitly call it out but these attacks were B the one attacking Grimgoth. And the 17 damage might be enough to keep him down permanently as he was already injured before Bertellis hit earlier this round and then Grimgoth hit in the head at the same time. Knight's sword and Dwarf axe with Troll's head in between. Squish!! Previous Soak was 6. So Monster B would have had 3 hp before getting hit for 11 after soak. That's a pretty serious critical roll.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

the monstrosities head tumbles off its shoulders, staining the ground with arterial blood. the second monster roars and swipes at sir bertelis. both hit, one significantly deeper than the other

(2d100)[36][29](65)

(1d10+3)[13]
    (1d10+3)[5]
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-01-30 at 02:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis skips back from one blow raking at a kneecap, and catches a second blow on his shield - this one so strong that it flashes sparks up from the gouged metal and drives him back in a rigid blocking pose, skidding a few feet on the earthen floor of the mine. Then he's launching forward again, sword flashing. The ambush fell upon them and things seemed grim, but the tide has turned comprehensively now; and the boon of Wighard's spell gleams in his rising and falling blade.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show
    Parry and dodge are in the OOC.

SwiftAttackVs61 - (1d100)[51] for Damage - (1d10+4)[9] or Damage - (1d10+4)[14], whichever is higher.
    SwiftAttack2Vs61 - (1d100)[94] for Damage - (1d10+4)[11] or Damage - (1d10+4)[6], whichever is higher.

Electing not to use fate on attack rolls because this guy keeps coming for my skull.

...And in a blow that the Green Knight may indeed have been proud of, he shears the head from the neck of the second creature. The danger passed, he rolls the head back with one foot so its face is pointing up into the torchlight.

"...A little fierce, but not the trolls we feared. More than enough to overwhelm miners, but if we proceed like this, we might well find survivors. Does anybody have and idea what they are?"
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-01-31 at 03:20 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard takes the torch and cauterises the two neck stumps, and the head. I have no idea if that is necessary, but I would like to make sure. he regards the head, Clean neat amputation, mayhaps I will call on you next time I need to do one. he wraps the head up and puts it in his pack That will be some evidence of what is here. Is anyone wounded?

but if we proceed like this, we might well find survivors.

You wish to delve deeper? Our mission was to find out what happened to the miners. If we fail to return then others, perhaps less qualified, will need to be sent and the town will remain in danger through ignorance of the threat they face.