1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: tomboys and troublemakers: a wfrp 2e game

There is some sort of storm brewing Wighard helps carry the dead man

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Should we camp outside in the storm or risk getting trapped in this mine? I vote for out into the storm. I don't like the idea of leaving that girl alone out there. Grimgoth says helping Wighard carry the dead man outside of the mine.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

"Yes. Best out, then; if we make it back to our campsite, we can fortify it to wait out the storm, then head back to town." With that, Bertelis is hustling; letting Wighard and Grimgoth carry the corpse, while he holds a lantern in one hand, and the head-in-a-sack in the other. They'll try to snowball up Siobhan, and then hustle back to the campsite they already scouted and secured the night before.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

the party makes its way through torrential rain back to the campsite. when you get there you all look like drowned rats, soaked to the skin and the horses are no better. its a long, cold, wet night as the thunder roars and the winds shrieks past the sodden tent flaps. when the morning finally rolls around, im gonna need a toughness test at -20 to avoid picking up a virulent cold.

Spoiler: virulent cold
    Show
    -10% ws and -1 move for 1d5 days

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard wakes, sneezes and looks up into the face of a large raven, being pretty sure it is the same one.

Does anyone need medical attention or do we just strike camp and get the heck out of here?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Waking bleary eyed and just as miserable looking as Wighard, Bertelis forces down some rations, and shakes his head. "No wounds, though I feel lime Morr's afterthought. Back to town then. The town council will have to decide either to sent a their knights - or I suppose, a militia to clear the mine; or else to try to collapse it. The sooner we are back, the better."

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show
    Bertelis is going to strike camp. He'll put Siobhan on his riding horse, and ride his warhorse when they get back to the road. He'll also roll up the body of the decaying knight they found in the canvas of his tent (it'll need a wash!), and lashes it behind the saddle so he's taking this gross, waterlogged rotting man-burrito with him. Yuck. But still. Oh, and the cold lasts (1d5)[4] day/s.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

the heroes sniffle their way back to trundheim, where they are reluctantly let in by the guard. the citizens give y'all a wide berth as you enter, and start muttering as emil sneezes. siobhan seems strangely unfazed by the weather, and more unfazed by the muttering. what's the plan here?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

So, do we want to go report back to the town fathers first?

Then we have to, um, see if anyone knows the man inside that armour, arrange burial, barter/sell off as much of this junk as we can, clean up what we want to keep. I need to restock supplies. Siobhan do you have any friends or family here? Or know anybody?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

"me ma died during childbirth, and me da is now probably dead in the mine" siobhan sniffles, and a single tear runs down her cheek. " my only family is now somewhere is talabheim, and to be honest, going by myself is a fools errand. id much rather stay with you guys" she looks up hopefully at sir bertelis, giving him her best puppy-dog eyes.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis gives Siobhan a compassionate look; though his eyes are watering from frequent sneezing, not overwelling emotion.

"It would be the very height of knavery to abandon you here after what you have endured, my lady. We shall see that you are..." He pauses, eyes unfocusing, then continues. "...Taken care of until-" He suddenly turns to the side to sneeze, as the elusive outburst creeps up on him. He shakes his head a little, trying to focus. "...Until we can learn about your family in Talabheim, and see you safely settled. Your father had valor in him, to deliver you at such an awful cost. We are bound to honor that effort." This is not strictly true; no one but himself is honorbound to anything, but he takes the liberty of talking that way anyway.

Addressing Wighard and the rest of the group, he begins again: "Much as I want to report right away to the town fathers, it is less than seemly to carry this body around. I should like us to go at once to the local priest of Morr; who undoubtedly has helpers who can most reverantly deal with the content of the armor. And later in the evening I shall cajole a local armorer into cursing their apprentice to make the vacated suit suitable for purpose again - a job I feel I shall generously tip for. The trading we can do after we make our report - so I should think, the Morrites, then the Town Fathers, then whatever market we can find... Then perhaps a solid night's sleep." He looks between his companions for input, although he seems ready to start tapping passers by on the shoulder to ask where to find the shrine of Morr.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Agree all counts, he looks at Siobhan, You might have to earn your keep though

He looks and sees the same raven again perched on a rooftop, it flies off across the town, That way I think

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Grimgoth has said little but sneezed and coughed a lot since the storm. It seems the cold really nestled down into his lungs and chest. He merely nods his agreement between a series of sneezes and sets off after Wighard.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

the party heads over to the shrine of morr. the keeper of the shrine, a middle-aged woman with an eye-patch and a sword at her hip stalks out to greet you. "what can i do for ye" she barks coolly, sizing you up with her one green eye. this is clearly a woman you do not want to trifle with.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

"Honor to you, dead-keeper. We found this man's remains off the road south of here. He is too long dead to know him by mortal means, and we thought to put his armor to renewal and further use; but it seemed he ought to rest in Morr's garden, rather than out in the forest, with the beasts. Once the man has been rightly put to rest, I can arrange someone to come collect his things. If you know a way to learn his name so that we may alert his kin, we might take that on too; but his bones ought to rest peacefully atleast."

Bertelis begins to take the tarp-wrapped body from the back of his horse, enlisting Grimgoth's help to carry it to wherever the Morrite directs, to leave the fallen warrior in her care.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

the woman takes the bodies reverently. "ill bury him, and save the armor for ye. we should be able to bury them by late afternoon and the armor will be kept here for safekeeping. i will send young mikel to fetch you when we're done" slinging the bodies into a wheelbarrow, she trots off, humming an old ditty.
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-02-14 at 06:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

He introduces the party to the woman - hoping they will not have much business with her but hedging they will - before they part.

“We shall me quartered at the Boar’s Head,” he assures, before turning back to his companions. “Easy enough. And now to the town elders - this way, I know.”

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

you are led before the dour countenances of the burghers. "what do you have to report" the eldest burgher, a man in his forties with pure white hair, says calmly, surveying you with steel-grey eyes. a notary sits next to him, quill and ink ready.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

At the Garden of Morr:

If you are free later, I may request your counsel, milady. I have had visions and I would like to verify and understand them

At the burghers:

Wighard will let someone else, like Emil or Bertelis speak, he merely slowly unwraps the head and sets it down facing the burghers

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Standing behind the others at the meeting Grimgoth erupts in a fit of coughing.
    After regaining his composure with all eyes on him the dwarf shakes his shoulders. He steps forward until only his head and shoulders are visible above the table. He takes calmly takes off his rusty mail coif and sets it on the table looking down at it. When he lifts his head there's an intensity in his eyes.
    "What do we have to report?" he begins with his voice shaking with disbelief and rage."For starters that.." he points towards the decapitated hirsute head resting on the table. "also there's another one of them dead and under the ground. Along with all the workers at the mine." He pounds the table with a fist.
    "We brought one fortunate soul back to Morr's house. Many more were turned into a foul altar of sorts to some forbidden god of some god forbidden race of" the dwarf shrugs and points at the head again. "THAT! a fit of a cough calms him a little before continuing.
    "I mean what is that even? It's not Troll strictly speaking. Whatever they are there's bound to be more of them deeper within that mine. We decided it was best to come back here with news than not come back at all. NOW WHERE'S OUR COIN!" Grimgoth ends with a powerful sneeze banging his head against the large table. His head jerks back up and there is absolute fire in his eyes and a trail of blood starting to drip down one nostril.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

the burgher listens intently and nods once. a young maid brings out a bag of coins. "this is 150 gold crowns" the burgher says, attempting to regain his stony stare, but failing miserably. "we hope you can be persuaded to take a return visit with half the town militia to clear the mine of the taint of chaos, the sooner the better" one of the younger burghers looks like he's about to erupt, but the eldest silences him with a steely glare. "the matter is firmly in your court my good sirs" the burgher murmurs, with a touch of deference

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis looks to the others in his group. The sickness that has all of them has a grip on him, too; and he has the look of death-warmed-up that many fever-endurers have. But his eyes contain his communication, clear enough: sick or not, he feels bound to assist in the mine's clearance, now.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

I would be happy to kill these creatures your worship, avenge the miners and their families and banish chaos from the place.

I am not so sure it can be done.

I trust that the mine is a valuable part of your fair town's economy and that you would like it back more or less intact? So that collapsing it would be a most desperate expedient?

He looks at Sir Betelis' determined expression

Is there anyone in town who can maybe identify this creature? it would be good to know exactly what we face.

Perhaps we should withdraw, talk amongst ourselves and then consult with whichever of your fine officers you select to command your militia to see if we can have a viable plan before responding?
    Last edited by wilphe; 2022-02-16 at 05:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

"take it to the wisewoman, olga" one of the younger burghers says, twiddling his thumbs anxiously. "siobhan knows the way to her hut" with that, the meeting is closed and you are ushered out with the money and heads of the creatures you killed. siobhan is waiting for you outside. "where to?" she chirps, looking at sir bertelis.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

*cough* holding the sack of coins Grimgoth has the back of a hand up to his nose. It comes away showing a streak of red on it but the bleeding has stopped.
    That went well. Off to Olga's little one. the dwarf says before a loud sneeze which started the red to drip from the nose again. Grimgoth raise his spare hand up to plug the nostril.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Do you want me to look at that?

Wighard asks Grimgroth, and then fixes Siobhan

So who is Olga and how do the city fathers know you?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

siobhan shudders. "olga gives me the creeps" to wighard: "she's our resident wisewoman/soothsayer/midwife. it's said she has magic, but I've never seen her perform magic" nevertheless, she leads the party to an old path through the woods. the trees are old and overgrown and though its a few hours past highsun, it's so dark in the forest you can barely see ten feet off the path. the horses hooves squelch through the mud as you roll up on an old house on stilts on the edge of an still pond. siobhan lets out a piercing whistle and a rope ladder splashes into the pond. siobhan takes a deep steadying breath, and scales the ladder. at the top, she waves for you to follow. wdyd?

Spoiler: wighard
    Show
    the pond has a stong magical vibe. tell me what you see when you look into the pond
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-02-16 at 01:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis is not keen to return to a wooded area so soon after leaving one, but them's the breaks; and leaving Rainier and Adelhard for a little moment, he follows Siobhan's confident lead.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-02-16 at 05:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

"olga gives me the creeps"

Do I give you the creeps?

Wighard wonders if he should look or not, remembering what happened the last time he investigated something magically, then let's curiosity get the better of him.

He sees the entrance of the mine again, this time morphing into a toothy maw that lunges towards him, he dodges it and the soldiers around him get close and are able to wedge the mouth open with their halberds, this gives him all the opportunity he needs to throw a burning ****** down the gullet of the beast, others following with more wood and oil.

The vision fades and he follows Siobhan up the ladder

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: tomboys and troublemakers: a wfrp 2e game to as

as you enter the stilted house, an old woman sits on a stool, stroking a raven. she turns to look at each of you with a single brown eye. the other is milky-white, and seems to rotate on its own. she says in a sing-song voice 'now, now "who are these folk?" she gets up and limps over, hands clutching a gnarled staff for support. she pulls out an a aged rocking chair and sits with difficulty before reaching for sir bertelis' hand. "why have ye come to Olga's den? whatever the reason, Olga can provide, but there is always a cost for asking." she sits and pulls out a long-stem pipe, filling it with something from a pouch and lighting it with a match. the smell is pleasing to the nose, somewhere between fresh tobacco and woodsmoke.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis looks scandalised. His experience with wooded spell mistresses were limited to the shockingly beautiful damsels of Bretonnia. But he was seasoned enough to know the world was not as perfect as his home, and he holds off on any uncharitable exclamation. Instead, he asks only a little hesitantly:

“Upon a commission from the town, we fought and killed some creatures whose like we do not know. We are… seeking a large scale remedy for an infestation of them, in the local mine.”