New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Sisters' Chronicles Thread 2: Nobody likes Abadaius

"Hm? Well, I don’t know if this is important, but this being that is all red and happy is talking to me and helped keep the Phantom still for a second and expects a favor in return."
    Alifa thought about that critical moment… "The crimson smile?"
    "Could’ve been."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

"The Crimson Smile..." the lich repeated, looking at Alifa and Boots with curiosity.

"That is quite curious- he's barely known, but from what is known he doesn't try to coerce people into helping them unless he's been angered- that said, he is an atypical god. Can you think of any reason he wouldn't just help you normally?" she asked, curiosity picked- it seemed that the Crimson Smile was a topic of interest for her.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"I assumed he had some sort of rivalry with Abadaius– law versus chaos and all of that. Aside from our outsider status, I suppose we are half-fey, and are chaotic creatures ourselves. Perhaps he wants to stake his claim on us."
    "Plus I guess we’ve drawn a bit of attention from those paying it… we rescued a Fey Monarch, drove a crazy Druid who was kidnapping fairies off of Faerie, befriended a giant insect Queen and got her to join Lucilla, freed a dragon struggling with Darkrot."
    "And I released a demon lord that Abadaius’s clergy had kept captive. That seemed to be what drew his eye in the first place."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-11-10 at 11:00 AM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

"That was a lot of information- some of which quite curious. Feys are not known to be friendly with gods, at least not our gods, but I suppose when you're kicked out by everybody else you have to make do" the lich shrugged "What was the name of the dragon? Where can I find it?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

"Why do you ask?" Boots asked. "You're not going to turn it into an undead, are you?"
    "Forgive her, she's not very tactful. But it's true that the dragon didn't give us permission to give out any information."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

"I will not forgive" Serendipity's jaw clenched staring at Boots "I fought alongside dragons in the war, paladin. Many of them were my friends- them and their riders. So no. I don't want to transform someone who I probably exchanged stories with around a campfire when I was still alive into a moving corpse or inflict eternal torment on its soul- believe it, there's more to necromancy then going around murdering people to rise them- hope nobody dear to you ever dies, because you'll be turning to necromancy to resurrect them" she tapped the staff, air breaking into green flames that ate her up transporting the Lich Queen elsewhere.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Well unless you can Counterspell her.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa let her go.
    "There are a lot of words to exchange, Boots. But maybe from now on you don’t talk to people you personally dislike when we need their help. I’ll Send to Figrikhariz after we take a breather, see if she’s alright with us sharing her information with the Lich Queen, and I’ll try to smooth things over with her."
    "We don’t need her, Alifa."
    "Were you paying attention thirty seconds ago? This is no place for a ‘never flinch on my ideals’ Paladin and you know that. Or you did when you bargained with an unknown entity without understanding the consequences."
    Alifa sat down and started making the dome.
    "I’m going to contact Figrikhariz and get this sorted out. And then I’m going to help the Lich Queen and Nasa close their rift so we can close ours. If you don’t want to help me, go… I don’t know, wait in Fiamma’s Queendom with Ethrindae."
    Boots gasped. "I… I saved your life!"
    "Maybe so, Boots! But if you’re going to antagonize the only person who can visit the library for me I can’t let you near her!"
    "Like you didn’t need me near Malyanna when she sent you to this world with the beak guy and no actual solution to our problem!? When she sent you here to die for her research? Like you didn’t need me when you ran off on your own and released a demon?"
    "YES!" Alifa said. "Yes, like that! I don’t need you to protect me from Malyanna, and I don’t need you to protect me from making my own decisions! I’m not a child anymore, Boots! I’m an adult! A damn powerful adult! Now are you going to keep civil around the Lich Queen or am I going to have to find a way to ditch you?"
    Boots stiffened her lip. "I… can be civil."
    "Great." Alifa went back to putting up the dome. Boots stormed off before it was done.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Kathleyîënis looked panicky as the two split off, then decided that Boots wouldn't go too far without her sister and sat down near Alifa.
    "...I...am not sure wether it's appropriate to talk about what just happened" she said, shifting awkwardly keeping her hands on her bow.

Boots soon felt an owl's chirp as Hootie followed her, flying awkwardly around her unsure if he could land on the houri. But she was otherwise alone.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

"No, go ahead. I value your opinion," Alifa said.

Boots lifted her arm to let the owl perch on her shoulder. "Hi, Hootie," she said. And then she started to cry.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

"Understood" and Kat fell silent for a good minute, thinking about what exactly to say.
    "Oots is protective and loves you a lot. And based on my observation she has always been protective- and even spoke for you, as I understand it. It may have been not the best way, but screaming your hearts out -homewever brief it was- might help her come to terms with the fact that you are not a little kid any longer, and can make your choices and look after yourself. Said that... I think you both should apologize to one another. At the end of the day she is motivated by your bond- and it's not by 'ditching' her that either of you will make a step forward. Screaming at her that she's unneeded may have been too much" Kat said, looking away as she thought about something else.

"I have spent all of my life actively keeping my peers and social relationships with them away from my person- so I should suggest you take my words with a grain of salt'

Hootie couldn't talk, so he just hugged Boots' head with his wings, patting her with familiar intelligence.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa smiled at Kat. "Can I hug you?" She asked.

Boots sank down onto her knees and cried into her hands for a bit, dropping her shield in front of her. Ethrindae, she thought. Ethrindae, my sister hates me and I don't know what to do.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm messing with spell slots and sorcery points. By using up my last spell slot and all my sorcery points I can get one Sending off.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"...I don't feel the need to keep this specific social relationship away from my person" Kat said and spread her arms in an awkward way to hug Alifa.

She doesn't. But you need to recognize that she isn't weak, nor does she need a protector. I'm sure she wants the sister she loves-

In mere moments a Sending came from Firaga.
    'So much to treat her as equal and recognize her strenght' says Ethrindae. I swear she needs to learn Sending herself.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-10 at 01:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa hugged Kat tightly but not for very long – baby steps, no need to pin her into it.

Tell her... tell her thank you. And I love her. Boots kept crying for a little while, petting Hootie as a therapy owl. Finally she picked up her shield, stood up and headed back toward Alifa.

Alifa stepped outside of the dome, dispelling it immediately to run up to her sister and hug her tight. In surprise, Boots hugged her back.
    "I don't know if I'll need you for the rest of this, Boots... but I still want you here! I love you, Boots. And I don't want you to go away."
    "I... thank you, Alifa. I... I love you, too. So much. I don't... Alifa, when I was a kid, and... a lot of times, I've had this dream. A nightmare. Where you were drowning, and I tried to save you, but you kept diving back underwater."
    Alifa squeezed her sister. "I can breathe underwater, Boots. I'm not drowning, I'm swimming. But... you're welcome to swim with me."
    "I... I'd like that."
    "Thank you for coming, Boots."
    "...Thank you for having me, Alifa. Let's face the rest of this together."
    Alifa stood on tiptoe and kissed Boots right on the nose. "Let's."
    After a LONG hug, she put the dome back up and cuddled up against Boots to get in a nap while Boots stroked her hair, smiling.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Kat petted her owl, smiling at the sisters- the hug had been too tight for her taste, but overall she was happy that everything had solved.
    "So... Back to the castle of Tad until something happens?" she asked... Eventually. She wanted to leave space to them.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    If you wanna short rest go ahead- and also DC 15 Con saves from the poison of the green clouds. Probably not gonna matter but it's still there.

Kat (1d20+7)[15]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Got it.
    Alifa(1d20+12)[27]
    Boots (1d20+7)[17]

Oh and Alifa (9d6+27)[63] let's heal some.

Alifa sat up after her nap. "Yeah. Let me get three Phantom Steeds up and then we can get going."
    She wove a few more phantom steeds from poisonous gas they could ride, their bodies sickly green clouds whispering their desire to kill their riders.
    "Alright, let's go."

Along the way, Alifa Sent to Figrikhariz.
    We have met Serendipity, the Lich Queen. She wants to know your name, location. She is an Enemy of Darklings. Okay to tell her?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"This Steed has an attitude"

Along the way to the castle Alifa got a reply.Ooooh Serendipity! How is she? She became a lich? That's so sad! Well I guess after what happened she didn't have a lot of use- and the Sending got cut off as Fig got excited at hearing newd about the Lich Queen.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-10 at 02:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa shot another Sending to Serendipity. Spoke to Figrikhariz: seems excited to meet you again. She is north of Lucilla's Inner Crossing, with Silverling Tribe. Sister's sorry, can we talk soon?

"Well, they're made of poison that wants to kill us so that's to be expected."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, I'll talk to your half of the group. And... Thank you.

Eventually they got back to the castle- nobody was there to greet them, though the gargoyles opened the doors just as well.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Boots led the way in. "Is Dethera in?" she asked a gargoyle. "And should we have grabbed Tad’s weapons and armor before he reformed?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

The gargoyle stared.

An heavily armored skeleton with a spark of intelligence behind its eyes stood hearing 'Dethera', and nodded at Boots with a big, bony smile. Asking about 'Tad' didn't seem to provoke any reaction though.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

"Can you take us to Dethera?" Alifa prompted the skeleton.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-11-10 at 03:21 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

The skeleton clanked showing them the way down to the familiar lab- it was easy to spot Dethera, observing a small trinket that was projecting three images. A drop of blood, what looked like pink blood and a tiny, rainbow colored shimmering. There was also the fresh carcass of an exploded bat near her.

As they got close Dethera turned and exclaimed "Glad you're alive! When I saw that Taddeus was in his tomb and no sign if you I started getting worried! Dead or alive it'd be a waste of bodies if you didn't come back"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"Gee, thanks."
    "What happens to his weapons and armor and stuff?" Boots asked, and went right in for a kiss.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Dethera was more then happy to kiss.
    "Oh, probably somebody will bring back the important bits- he does keep a reserve spellbook for cases like this, so it doesn't truly matter. Anything else can be thrown away- he has awful fashion sense. Anyway! Look here!" the necromancer put on a glove and lifted the bat corpse, showing it up close to the others "I managed to isolate something weird for a couple moments in your blood- after getting the timing down I tried injecting it into a bat. Any of your family is a fire elemental or something? It burned right up"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Boots frowned. "Uh, no, not unless you think all primordials are related that way."
    "They’re not."
    "No, no fire elementals in my bloodline. What else could have happened?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, mine was a random guess. A phoenix, a wildfire, whatever you have in your world that could make that" she pointed to the miniscule rainbow shimmering projection "And also make babies. And also burn things. So I suppose not a wildfire, though I'm open to be surprised"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-10 at 04:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe my grandmother. She’s a prismatic sylph whose magic is often expressed as different colors of fire."
    "The half-god by birth, Overgod by title one."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

"That would make sense. There's certainly something there- I don't know if I have the instruments or the expertise to do anything useful with it, but there's definitely something" Dethera clapped her hands "So, how did it go on your end?"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-10 at 04:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"Pretty lousy."
    "Can’t complain."
    "We at least managed to get to the Lich Queen. The Phantom got corrupted by darkrot and she helped us put him down."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

"As I always say, if you managed to get the corpse who cares if it lost an eye?" Dethera put the bat body down, taking off her gloves before wrapping her arms around Boots' neck "You know your rooms, so if there's nothing else how about you and I check if we can make sparks another way?"