New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Sisters' Chronicles Thread 2: Nobody likes Abadaius

"No idea. Feys that stay in the Material tipically mingle with the present societies because they didn't like their fellow feys, the Monarchs or there was no suitable Territory. For example I know that when Queen Lucilla forbid evil pranks and using the power of the word to trick travelers into promises many left"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    If you wondered why there were feys that ran away from Lucilla's rule, that's because she didn't let them be mean to travelers.

"And... Well, I wanted to know how it works. If I have this native magic it's not a good reason to not learn the how and why- and I can and did discover new ways to apply it, ways that no other fey learnt. Well except perhaps Queen Pleia, since she's easily the greatest spellcaster and alchemist on this plane- anyway, it was -is- my desire to learn how something works and how to apply it in a way nobody does. Or at least in a way only a few do" Firaga smiled "What about you?"

"The teacher looked cool, so I listened to his lessons. I'm happy to learn when there is somebody good teaching"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

"My father is a Druid… his conjured beings were always fun to have around, and… well, I was never much interested in illusions like my teacher… my dad’s girlfriend . I guess wizardry is… my way of doing what my Lala does. But… in a way that appeals to me." She smiled. "After all, I’m not Relliss."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

"That's sweet" Firaga smiled "It's one of the better reasons I've heard to get into wizardry"

"Uhm... Your 'dad's girlfriend' isn't your mother then?" Kat asked "And who's Relliss?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm? Oh, no. So I have a bunch of siblings, but only four of us are also Mab's kids. Boots, me, Twilight and Lithy. Relliss is our older brother. Lala and Mama have an open marriage... and my dad's girlfriend is my teacher. Relliss is a granddad's boy, he's a druid just like every first son in Lala's family." Alifa went through it as quickly as she could.
    "Explains a lot about Boots, doesn't it?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

"She certainly seems to take from her father and I assume mother" Kat nodded.

"Why marry if you're going to keep it open?" Firaga mused "Mother never married for roughly the same reason. Or rather lack of it- well, at least that I know of. I don't pretend to know everything about her life"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, a few reasons. It's romantic, the wedding was fun. And as a Queen, Mab mimicked her mother in the construction of the rules of the Court. Some of those rules are that heirs cannot be born out of wedlock."
    Huh. Does that mean Tanaquill and Titania I were married... or is that why Titania I told everyone she was the only parent?
    She continued: "So, in order for Boots to be Princess Heir, Mab needs to be married to Sirthis. That being said, the Unseelie is more chaotic than that... Boots isn't guaranteed to become Queen if Mama steps down, that all depends on who can control the Unseelie Court with their own power and force of personality. So whether or not she's a 'legitimate' child really only matters to Mama."
    "Plus, Lala really likes saying the word 'wife.' I think that was a big reason they got married."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"So... Is the Unseelie Court like a Territory? That you can only control through power and will and that makes you a Monarch?" Firaga asked "Either way, we have no such thing which might explain it as well. I know Queen Lucilla's parents were married... Though that was also a matter of formalizing the union between their lands"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"A bit… though more… political. But our lands don’t die when our Queens do on Aurora… I don’t think. Though I guess I could be wrong. The two current Queens have been around for a very long time." Alifa shrugged. "But no. Our Queens control what would likely be there without them."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like some of our feys would love that place" Firaga mulled "Those who're unhappy enough to leave, at least... Or those who would want to rule. As you can assume, no one who can't make a Territory can ever have a claim regardless of personal power or descendancy" the prince said "Queen Pleia and Queen Lucilla were in luck- or maybe the death of the Monarch subconsciously did make them more determined. Queen Pleia's devouring of her Monarch shouldn't by itself have let her become one, nor should have the loss of Queen Flowara... Which, according to Monarch Nasa, isn't even dead"

"So, is the fact that losing a Monarch weakens Faerie the reason for why Pleia hasn't been defeated and instead kept as a neighbor?"

"Essentially. That and the fact that before Monarch Nasa returned the only thing keeping Queen Pleia in check was Mother being nearly immune to anything she did, and Mother hoped Queen Pleia could make a truly vicious poison so she left her be"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-14 at 12:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

"It is harder than it sounds to rule a new Queendom. There hasn’t been a new one since the Schism Seelie, only old ones reemerging."
    Alifa thought about her words.
    "Well… my teacher’s been trying. But it’s more of a fiefdom on unused land."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

"Unused land, uh..." Firaga murmured, the concept being kind of alien to him.

"I'd be curious to have some of your feys over, see how they react to our Faerie. Maybe some of them could even become Monarchs- I don't know if there's a noteworthy difference between us. We can't even be sure you have to be a fey to form land"

Kat closed her eyes, furrowed her brow, then opened them and looked around.
    "Nothing changed"
    "Well, it wouldn't be an easy feat"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa closed her eyes and a wooden bowl appeared.
    "Does that count for anything?" She laughed.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Firaga and Kat laughed- the singer had a soft laugh, while the elf's was more shrill.

"So, should we focus on learning?" he asked tapping his spellbook. His hand sank through the fire page.

Show
    Remind me how long it takes for Summon Elemental for Alifa? Four hours?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure thing." Alifa opened up hers.

Show

Four hours, same as a second level spell.
    SAVANT!
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

About three quarters of work done afterwards, a foxfire spirit came in yapping at Firaga- Alifa could understand it as well.
    "Circus in sight!"

Firaga listened for a rumble in the volcano, then stood up "Apologies, I have to make sure Aizu's ready- her group has been selected to be the gatekeepers for Ethrindae's group before they can report in"
    Show
    Ehy, Aizu is still a challenge for some :p

Meanwhile in Fiamma's room Fiamma turned towards a wall, looking past it.
    "They'll be back in what... Ten minutes?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa nodded. "Are you going to take your spellbook, or...?" She looked at the spell she was copying greedily.

Boots sprung to her feet and started dressing. "Oh goddess! How's my hair?" She looked for her fine clothes, but they were in Alifa's bag of holding. "Crap! Where's my sister, she has my good clothes."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

"If Princess Alifa wishes to promise she won't leave with her spellbook before I'm done as well I won't mind leaving my spellbook here" lord Firaga offered with a smile.

"Firaga's archives. You know, showing up naked is a good way to drag the attention away from your hair" the Queen offered as she stood up "Nearest drawer, second opening, you can find a mirror" and with that the Queen moved outside to go take her place in the throne room.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa smiled back. "Why, I swear it solemnly, Prince Firaga."

Boots kept that as a note for next time and snapped her fingers, cleaning herself off. She hastily combed her hair in the mirror and ran off to find Alifa.

Alifa was humming as she copied when Boots barged in, not wearing much.
    "Where's your bag?"
    "Here... why?"
    "Fiamma ripped off my other clothes, I need to wear my court ones!" Boots started dressing quickly. "Lace me up, lace me up, Ethrindae could be here any second!"
    Alifa chuckled and stood, lacing Boots up. "You know she already thinks you're beautiful."
    "It'll be my first time seeing her in weeks! I need to look my best!"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Prince Firaga smiled and left the book there.

"Ethrindae is?" Kat asked when Boots got in to get dressed "This name keeps being said but nobody clarified who does it belong to"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-14 at 04:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"She's an elven woman Boots fell desperately in love with."
    "She's a devastatingly beautiful druid who's devoted her life to protecting the world from the curse that took her life away... a dancer, a healer, and maybe one of the best people I've ever met. It's like just being around her makes me believe I can be better... and want to be." Boots's blush lit up.
    "And she's probably got one of the most talented tongues... Is she standing behind me?" Boots turned around.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

eek Re: The Sisters' Chronicles Thread 2: Nobody likes Abadaius

The foxfire spirit that had brought the message licked Boots' nose when she turned around, but otherwise nobody was behind her.

"Too much detail, I got the picture. She sounds great. Wouldn't she be defeating the one called Aizu to gain entry right now? Firaga said they were the gatekeepers"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-14 at 04:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

"What?" Boots asked. "But they already earned their way in."
    "So did we. Why don't you get ready to meet them, and I'll finish this spell?" Alifa sat back down.
    "But Alifa... how do I look?"
    Alifa smiled at her. "Perfect, Boots. You look perfect."

Giddy, Boots headed off to find out where people were waiting for Ethrindae.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

While Alifa stayed behind, Boots could easily find the way from the foxfires- after a brief time she managed to the get to the throne room, in front of which she recognized Aizu, Estra and the other two.

Upon seeing her Aizu opened the door with the key.
    "Sorry but you need to get in- can't disturb the trial. Kiss you later?"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Boots stole a kiss right that second.
    "Don't make me wait like that." She stepped inside.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

"Fairly sure making you wait is half the fun" came Fiamma's voice, sitting on her throne with Firaga to the right, Nabar to the left, Nigghba on her lap and Nigghod behind her.

Show
    I couldn't find wether I had already named the incubus.

It was not long after Boots heard the door getting locked behind her that sounds of fighting started- there was metal clinging and spells getting cast, though only Fiamma judging by her expression could see what was happening. She looked excited.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"If I hadn’t just dressed I would offer to tag Nigghba out like THAT." Boots snapped.
    She looked anxiously at the door.
    "I hope Ethrindae doesn’t hurt Aizu too much."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

"Well... If it helps, Ethrindae's main offensive spell is a ball of fire or a light ray. Half of that doesn't work well on Aizu" Fiamma commented "Axes and daggers though... Want me to undress you quick?" the Queen raised a fist of flame.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"What? Can't she summon like a bunch of wolves?" Boots shook her head. "I dressed up for her."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"She can, but there's little space
    in the corridor for wolves and her companions"
    Fiamma dropped the hand "I really don't understand why would you dress for someone. Sounds like the opposite of what you'd want to happen"

And after the sounds died out it was almost a minute before Boots heard clicking, the door starting to open as Ethrindae, Elwina, Xvchimkx and Ronald entered the room.

Show
    What does Ethrindae see upon opening the door?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

In a long silver dress with a ribbon in her hair, Boots's eyes were wide and smiling as she jogged up to Ethrindae and wrapped her in a hug.
    "Ethrindae..." she said happily. "I missed you so much!"
    Show