New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default World/Element/Mind/Body Combinations

Okay so here's the full idea from my 'Opposite of Undead' thread. While doing an art challenge to create a mock TCG, I used a symbol in the corner to denote card type and found a '3' shape could be rotated to make W, E, M and B (I came up with this before seeing the Dune posters). From those letters I came up with World, Element/Energy, Mind and Body.
    Then I started building from there.
    Worlds: Paradise (P), Mundus (M), Abyss (A), Necrum (N), Unseelie (U)
    Elements: Fire (F), Water (W), Grass (G), Metal (M), Earth (E)
    Minds: Artist (A), Scholar (S), Trickster (T), Oaf (O), Leader (L)
    Bodies: Brute (B), Dancer (D), Stalwart (S), Waif (W), Athlete (A)

Artist, Scholar and Trickster are high in Charisma, Intellect and Perception respectively. Oaf isn't good at any, Leader is an All-rounder. Likewise, Brute, Dancer and Stalwart are high in strength, dexterity and constitution, Waif is low in all and Athlete is an All-rounder.
    So far I've been trying several things; four-type Combinations would summon a specific individual (like Legendary Creatures in M:TG), MBE/MBW would summon a more open interpretation (Like an M:TG Creature) while MB/ME/MW/BW/BE would summon one of a race (Token creatures). Other three letter combos would generate tribes, guilds, places and landmarks. I need help deciding what combos create what? Or whether I'm better sticking to WEBM combos?
    Second more technical problem: there are 625 WEBM combos with this setup. I could, through the Power of Autism, brute-force type each combo out, but I was wondering if a small program could be written to print out all possible combos? I don't know much about coding or how I'd run a small self-contained program that'd allow extra variables to be added to the array of the game was to expand.
    Last edited by Riftwolf; 2021-11-09 at 08:09 AM.