New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2023-01-07 at 09:53 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mortred, the Phantom Assassin (DotA 2) vs Tracer (Overwatch)

You might get more of an apples to apples comparison if you compare HotS Tracer to DotA Mortred (i.e. MOBA v MOBA.) With that you can probably also normalize base stats like HP and damage. For example, HotS Tracer has 1330 health, which seems a lot closer to Mortred's 1514 than to OW Tracer's 150 (it's been a while since I've played but I think that's where she's at.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I had been wondering who would win between Mortred and Tracer.

The problem is that Mortred doesn't have lore directly that I'm aware of the same way tracer does.

The fight takes place in an abandoned city that looks like it from the movie Inception.

No retreat, no surrender, to the death.

Tracer has been fully debriefed about Mortred's abilities.

Mortred just got told the name and appearance of her target.

Mortred has all her abilities (no talents selected), but no special items other than what she appears with (armor, blade, etc). Tracer has her ult charged and standard equipment.

Okay, that should do it. So, who wins?
    Why the asynchronous starting position? Why is Tracer fully "briefed" (not debriefed, briefed if its before the action) and Mortred operating from a lesser standpoint? It seems like you are subconsciously already handicapping Mortred because you see her as being more powerful.

What's the point of the Bond City arena?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    Why the asynchronous starting position? Why is Tracer fully "briefed" (not debriefed, briefed if its before the action) and Mortred operating from a lesser standpoint? It seems like you are subconsciously already handicapping Mortred because you see her as being more powerful.

What's the point of the Bond City arena?
    Exactly that, tracer has time hax, but Mortred might be too much for her to handle.

For the arena: Lots of room and terrain. No collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You might get more of an apples to apples comparison if you compare HotS Tracer to DotA Mortred (i.e. MOBA v MOBA.) With that you can probably also normalize base stats like HP and damage. For example, HotS Tracer has 1330 health, which seems a lot closer to Mortred's 1514 than to OW Tracer's 150 (it's been a while since I've played but I think that's where she's at.)
    I'm thinking more of a lore based approach to the fight than raw stats, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2021-11-09 at 03:15 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.