A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 150
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Swamp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    I didnít actually roll stats and you canít edit them in, so sorry for the double.

    (4d6b3)[14]
    (7d6b3)[13]
    (6d6b3)[12]
    (8d6b3)[15]
    (5d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[15]

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    I have been convinced to give this another shot. I have a concept at this point, and I think I have enough understanding to make it work.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (7d6)[20]
    (6d6)[25]
    (8d6)[35]
    (4d6)[10]
    (5d5)[14]
    [Roll[4d6[/Roll]

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    I have been convinced to give this another shot. I have a concept at this point, and I think I have enough understanding to make it work.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (4d6)[13]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [Roll[4d6[/Roll]
    Let's fix that last one...

    (4d6)[13]

    Str 20
    Dex 25
    Con 35
    Int 10
    Wis 14
    Cha 13

    I'm not displeased. About as smart as I'm up for, anyway. Hahahaha!

    Oops! I forgot a step!
    And the dice roller didn't remind me, lol.
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2021-12-05 at 07:23 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Let's give this a try the right way this time!

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (7d6b3)[18]
    (6d6b3)[13]
    (8d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (5d5b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[15]


    Sorry for the multiple posts, lol

    More reasonable, and far less wise!
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2021-12-05 at 07:39 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Let's give this a try the right way this time!

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]


    Sorry for the multiple posts, lol

    More reasonable, and far less wise!
    That was funny. Anyway one of the rolls used d5s instead of d6s if I'm not seeing wrong (the 7).
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Do you want to see one being played? Dead of Winter Mafia is currently recruiting!


  6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    That was funny. Anyway one of the rolls used d5s instead of d6s if I'm not seeing wrong (the 7).
    That's an accurate statement. Per the Big 16:

    "There are two methods. If you don't like the result you got for method 1, you may choose method 2 instead.
    Method 1: assign the following dice pools to each stat: 8d6, 7d6, 6d6, 5d5, 4d6 and 4d6, then roll each and add the best 3 dice together for your result (so, just to make clear, you assign what dice you're rolling for each attribute before rolling!)
    Method 2: 34 point buy."

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    That's an accurate statement. Per the Big 16:

    "There are two methods. If you don't like the result you got for method 1, you may choose method 2 instead.
    Method 1: assign the following dice pools to each stat: 8d6, 7d6, 6d6, 5d5, 4d6 and 4d6, then roll each and add the best 3 dice together for your result (so, just to make clear, you assign what dice you're rolling for each attribute before rolling!)
    Method 2: 34 point buy."
    Oh.

    Mmm, everybody's been rolling 5d6 so it may have been a typo nobody had noticed or viceversa- regardless rolling (5d5)[3][1][3][2][3](12) won't hurt.

    Eh, even if I have to keep a 9 it was Wisdom which I don't need that much. Who needs will saves :v
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-12-05 at 08:52 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Do you want to see one being played? Dead of Winter Mafia is currently recruiting!


  8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Oh.

    Mmm, everybody's been rolling 5d6 so it may have been a typo nobody had noticed or viceversa- regardless rolling [roll0] won't hurt.
    In the end I chose to use the point buy method. Not a worry at all.

    My creation is called Chase Gruber. Cyborg Monado Phalanx who will be celebrating 87,600 hours runtime! He doesn't really acknowledge his 'living components' as more than anything but, well, components. He knows there was a life that his living components had, but he doesn't feel their experience.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Regarding the 5d5, that was my bad, should have been 5d6 as well.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Regarding the 5d5, that was my bad, should have been 5d6 as well.
    No worries. Gave a couple of us a good laugh either way

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2014

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    If NineOfSpades doesn't want to play an Einst Queen, I think I'll take up that mantle. I had an idea earlier, if the DM will allow this take on them - the Einst are more like a collective of organic nanomachines, able to completely reshape their form into whatever is required of them. They can also absorb organic beings and adopt their traits. This happened to a human scientist from the Orgeon when they got too close to what they were studying, after the Oregon discovered the Einst on a desolate planet or drifting asteroid. However, the Einst didn't just absorb the human's physical form, it also assimilated her sentience, and as a result the Einst collective became self-aware. It retained enough of the original human's personality to have both curiosity about the world and a sense of morality -- or at the very least, a willingness to keep its drones under control. Since then, the "queen" has tagged along with the Oregon fleet, using its drones to help protect it on its journeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    If NineOfSpades doesn't want to play an Einst Queen, I think I'll take up that mantle. I had an idea earlier, if the DM will allow this take on them - the Einst are more like a collective of organic nanomachines, able to completely reshape their form into whatever is required of them. They can also absorb organic beings and adopt their traits. This happened to a human scientist from the Orgeon when they got too close to what they were studying, after the Oregon discovered the Einst on a desolate planet or drifting asteroid. However, the Einst didn't just absorb the human's physical form, it also assimilated her sentience, and as a result the Einst collective became self-aware. It retained enough of the original human's personality to have both curiosity about the world and a sense of morality -- or at the very least, a willingness to keep its drones under control. Since then, the "queen" has tagged along with the Oregon fleet, using its drones to help protect it on its journeys.
    Yes, that could work. You'd probably have been picked up relatively early in the journey, probably sometime in the second year, so it'd already be outside civilized space, just to give your character time to have build a rapport with the rest of the PC's (as mentioned before, all PC's are members of the same squad/unit/company within the void engineers).
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    If NineOfSpades doesn't want to play an Einst Queen, I think I'll take up that mantle. I had an idea earlier, if the DM will allow this take on them - the Einst are more like a collective of organic nanomachines, able to completely reshape their form into whatever is required of them. They can also absorb organic beings and adopt their traits. This happened to a human scientist from the Orgeon when they got too close to what they were studying, after the Oregon discovered the Einst on a desolate planet or drifting asteroid. However, the Einst didn't just absorb the human's physical form, it also assimilated her sentience, and as a result the Einst collective became self-aware. It retained enough of the original human's personality to have both curiosity about the world and a sense of morality -- or at the very least, a willingness to keep its drones under control. Since then, the "queen" has tagged along with the Oregon fleet, using its drones to help protect it on its journeys.
    What am I? Swiss cheese? Really though, I don't have a problem with others going Einst too.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2014

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    What am I? Swiss cheese? Really though, I don't have a problem with others going Einst too.
    ...I couldn't quite remember if someone else had wanted to go that route or not. But I put that out of mind and decided to start building one anyway. That being said, I apologize. I apparently lost track of who wanted to play what...

    Hmm... want to coordinate on lore/other details for the Einst? Also, what classification were you going for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    YuweaCurtis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Perhaps someone could make a character chart if they don't mind?
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2014

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Unfortunate I don't have the forum expertise to do so, although I can at least provide my sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2563032

    Meanwhile, thinking of taking the Soul System feat, as it would fit nicely with the lore of being able to absorb creatures and take on their traits... but I also wanted to take Child Soldier. Do you think I'd be able to take both, or are they mutually exclusive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    YuweaCurtis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Nothing I'm aware of says they are....
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    Meanwhile, thinking of taking the Soul System feat, as it would fit nicely with the lore of being able to absorb creatures and take on their traits... but I also wanted to take Child Soldier. Do you think I'd be able to take both, or are they mutually exclusive?
    At first glance it seems they're mutually exclusive given that the soul system relies on items a child soldier wouldn't have, but I don't think there would be any issues in allowing you to just bind the souls to mundane items.

    Quick note regarding your sheet though, starting level is 8, not 9 :P
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    ...I couldn't quite remember if someone else had wanted to go that route or not. But I put that out of mind and decided to start building one anyway. That being said, I apologize. I apparently lost track of who wanted to play what...

    Hmm... want to coordinate on lore/other details for the Einst? Also, what classification were you going for?
    Infiltrator actually; though I've decided to also mutliclass Monado Maiden to better represent my idea. I don't think what I was doing is that far apart form yours. You could say the difference is that yours achieve sentience by happenstance while for mine it was forced onto her. Below is from my last post. Though now I'm more thinking about the background potentially being more corporate than military. Kind of like how most Japanese idols have corporate backing pulling the strings.



    Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Right now my thoughts are of a young queen that as part of a secret military operation; was brainwashed, encased in a robotic body to grow into(hence cyborg race) and act as a container for her power. All that being a secret from herself and the entire team. Don't know exactly what the cover story is, but I'm thinking it involves some kind of doctor directly monitoring the situation.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2014

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    At first glance it seems they're mutually exclusive given that the soul system relies on items a child soldier wouldn't have, but I don't think there would be any issues in allowing you to just bind the souls to mundane items.
    That's what I was hoping would be the case. They're not magic items (technically), they're items enhanced through a feat. And I plan on reflavoring them anyway. Now, what should I start off with as far as already devoured bound souls? Actually, I think I'd have to work with you on this one, they are dependent on what I've already fought...

    Quick note regarding your sheet though, starting level is 8, not 9 :P
    ...Oops.

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Infiltrator actually; though I've decided to also mutliclass Monado Maiden to better represent my idea. I don't think what I was doing is that far apart form yours. You could say the difference is that yours achieve sentience by happenstance while for mine it was forced onto her. Below is from my last post. Though now I'm more thinking about the background potentially being more corporate than military. Kind of like how most Japanese idols have corporate backing pulling the strings.
    Interesting. I'm going Nurturing to take advantage of my high Charisma. As for my concept, I'll have to work on something that explains in more detail... I have a vague idea and theme, but don't have the words to express it yet.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2021-12-06 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Sounds like a good time for a table, then. Yell at me if I've missed something (I've only put people in who have said something about what they're doing or have sheets, as far as I could see, so if you're working on something but haven't mentioned it lemme know). Also tell me if you have a better way of summarising your concepts than what I came up with (I'm bad at concise and accurate, and most sheets are just mechanics at the moment, hence them just being vague thoughts based on what jumped out at me on a glance particularly for classes I didn't look at much myself).

    Player Sheet Class Race Concept
    YuweaCurtis Magitech Pilot
    NineOfSpades 9-Sigma Module Pilot Klaxosaur Dragon mecha
    Volthawk "Levi", EFS-11 Real Pilot Android Purpose-Built Defender
    QuadraticGish Einst Queen/Monado Maiden Cyborg Weaponised queen
    Dr. Gunsforhands Warm Support Pilot Musk Rat Nice cat scientist
    Valmark Nike Williams Techno Thief Human Ship thief
    Dusk Raven Name TBD Einst Queen Human Friendly assimilating horror
    Deadguy Raya Ship Captain Android AI-controlled ship
    LairdMaon Monado Maiden Android
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-12-07 at 02:30 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Seems like a good time to post Chase's WIP.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    YuweaCurtis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    The Soul System feat doesn't give Magical Items and even if they were they have no value to anyone but the owner. Items given by a class feature and by extension a feat don't count against Child Soldier. It not working would be equal to a Soulknife not being able to take Vow of Poverty
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    That's what I was hoping would be the case. They're not magic items (technically), they're items enhanced through a feat. And I plan on reflavoring them anyway. Now, what should I start off with as far as already devoured bound souls? Actually, I think I'd have to work with you on this one, they are dependent on what I've already fought...
    The feat does mention the following: If youíre starting a high level campaign where somebody has this feat, they can count as having up to four souls bound of any creatures of CR up to their own level-4, or mechas whose pilots would be of the same level.

    As for actual things that you could have fought over the past years, the Expedition so far hasn't run into anything really looking to fight them, and devouring otherwise non-hostile/friendly people's souls during a military exercise is a bit... iffy. The feat specifies you'd also get it from automatons and the like, so you might have picked up some stuff from combat drones used during life-fire exercises. Or maybe you'd have had cause to hunt a space-whale or two.

    space-whales
    The general name for the giant, void-bound organics occasionally encountered by the fleet. Ranging in size from small mecha to decently-sized space-ship. These creatures are generally non-hostile, but sometimes get riled up by the fleet's activities, such as asteroid mining, resulting in confrontations. They're not a real threat to the Oregon as they're far slower than most ships, but can seriously damage a mining vessel or smaller logistics vessel by ramming them. Generally, any space whales in the vicinity of the fleet are tracked, and there are scientists with an interest in them, but as long as they keep their distance and don't make nuisance of themselves, they're left alone. If they do cause trouble, a small squad of mechs is generally send out to take them down.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-12-06 at 03:41 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Space-whales, eh?

    I don't suppose there's a flavor profile on them. Is there? After a decade on a trip like this, fresh meat of any kind could be looking good.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Space-whales, eh?

    I don't suppose there's a flavor profile on them. Is there? After a decade on a trip like this, fresh meat of any kind could be looking good.
    They're not edible, unfortunately. The kind of biochemistry required to make a creature operate in the void is really not compatible with that of soft squishy humans and similar species. Einst could eat them obviously, because there is nothing they can't, but it'd be like really, really, really tough and bland jerky.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    They're not edible, unfortunately. The kind of biochemistry required to make a creature operate in the void is really not compatible with that of soft squishy humans and similar species. Einst could eat them obviously, because there is nothing they can't, but it'd be like really, really, really tough and bland jerky.
    Good to know!

    I had to ask, I know how creative resourceful people can be on long trips.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Swamp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Hmm... after seeing the interested party class choices, I'm really torn. I think I'm going to go full AI Ship Captain instead of a Super, there's plenty of interest in individual fighters atm.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    I have discovered a potentially massive flaw with my character build. My movement speed is abysmal. I'm officially open to suggestions on improving it to something useful.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deadguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Swamp
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fantastical Mecha (3.5 Mech Homebrew, DM Found)

    Want to make sure my boat is big enough to haul all, if selected. Anyone have a mech / butt bigger than large?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •