New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,083 of 1083
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer [IC]

Lady Argentea lengthens out her spear to pass Drina and then with her extraordinary strength pushes Drina to the side. "I appreciate your heartfelt words, Harrower ... but your fortune-telling has eluded you as you do not speak for me. I have lost my friends, my entourage, and my guards. My father would see me wedded to an odious man to live a life far beneath my gifts in a misogynistic climate. No, while I could claim vengeance, those that did the task are dead. I seek a richer sacrament - justice - and the chance to write my deeds in saving this world. I shall stand with Moorgram - as will my mount Windrunner there.." which she points out "... to see that the trouble that was brought no longer bothers the borders of my home and those I love. I will take on this mantle."

Ten-Penny stands forth, completely ignoring Drina. "Yeah, well I was hungry and my bad judgment was saving my skin or Rohkar would've taken it. And if bedtime tales are recalled, it's not like we're off to save any kind of saint, that Baba Yaga. Me and Artie?" ... she does a more illustrious, but slightly mocking manner of gesturing to her animal as did lady Argentea "... We could do with a change of scenery as certain towns around here might, um, let's just say .... remember me shortly after discovery of minor mischief. I'mma' gettin' in on this wagon train. And mantles are things you wear against the chill, so that sounds pretty good. So gimme' one or let's share." At that last she gives Moorgram a salacious wink.

Darkhelm moves up next, her black, featureless face facing Drina's own. Even without eyes, Drina feels the astomoi's psychic senses for several awkward sentences before she gives Drina a private message.
    Spoiler: Darkhelm >>> Drina
    Show
    "The other in me ... sees the other in you. As soon as I cross the portal, my protection of Tenzei will falter. I know his heart is to stay with you. ..... Specifically. Do not be cruel to his hidden affections, and give him succor from this weather. ... Sarenrae light your path with warmth and love, Drina Fakete."

Darkhelm then stands with the other three and openly tepes, *<"I am called Darkhelm, and there is none among you with skin so black as mine. Who would I be if I did not share the mantle of the darkest fey messenger afore us? Besides, you shall need my protection against the elements in a land of ice.">*

Tenzei finally says, "Passive .... I guess I am. And I know my healing arts would be of great use to all of you. But now Drina has none but her hare to keep her safe. If Drina does not mind, I will give this promise to you, Lady Argentea, that I will keep the two of us alive, even if our last breaths to Heldren are required, that the people there - and all of Taldor - knows of what transpires here now."

Lady Argentea nods and says, "I have long been quiet on the noble bearing I've seen in you, but now your actions meet my suspicions. May the goddess that is not spoke of fairly in these lands - but with whom I share communion with Darkhelm - protect you on your journey back."

Once Moorgram Kelvar, Lady Argentea Malassene (and horse), Ten-Penny Tacey (and bear), and Darkhelm finish their statements ... and Drina and Tenzei are back a little bit ... The Black Rider says nothing but slits his own throat, and bathes the two keys in his life's blood. You have a sense that this has empowered the keys with eldritch witchcraft, but also kills the Rider. As he expires, his magic robes melt away like ice in a fire, leaving behind the body of an old man dressed in a simple black tunic.

Darkhelm picks up the keys.

At that moment, the four of them feel compelled to go through the portal, though a final goodbye may yet be said ... if needed.

Lady Argentea strides Windrunner and is the first into the fray. Darkhelm simply disappears into the blustering wind bellowing out of the portal. Ten-Penny speaks to Arthog to calm him, but also to hang back for Moorgram.

Moorgram, do you say goodbye to Drina and Tenzei? What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-04-22 at 06:24 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

Moorgram looks to Drina and Tenzei and gives them a nod. "I'll be back, don't event think of messing up my place." He then picks up his troll head and heads to the portal.
    Last edited by Ostoril; 2023-04-22 at 06:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank you for playing Part One of Book 1 ("The Snows of Summer") of the Reign of Winter Adventure Path!

This concludes this thread. A new thread will be formed for Part 2!
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.