New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Afterlife 2

1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Afterlife 2

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I really hope there aren't two wolves, because we're screwed if so. As such, working on the assumption that there's precisely one wolf left alive.
    If there are two wolves left, then we started Day 2 4v4 and we didn't lose because of the tie, so presumably we also won't lose tomorrow if it's 2v2, and that's assuming one of them doesn't die tonight due to the mysterious night kill mechanics. Like "if they don't have a majority, AV randomly kills one of them"? Tbh though I would have expected that to be part of the role description then. Still, I'm thinking "woops" is an acceptable way to find out there were two more wolves
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #182

Devil

Why do you keep talking about "mysterious" night kill mechanic? What is the issue with an explanation that it works exactly as it is presented in the role given to us? 2 votes out of (hopefully) 3 -> dead. There is a balancing act where it is good to have a single vote on a possible wolf (to find out for sure) but not two votes.

It's one thing to say "I want to look for other possible causes", but is something wrong with my explanation?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    @AvatarVecna Is it possible that wolves received some information from you pre-day1 beyond what is contained within the role revealed to us?
    No comment.

Also why it is a separate post?
    If you post twice in a row to the same thread, one of two things happens:

1) If the posts were made within an hour of each other, they get melded into one post with an "updated" line, like what happened in the post I'm quoting.

2) If the posts were made more than an hour apart from each other, they will be separate posts.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #184

RedKnightGirl

Why do you keep talking about "mysterious" night kill mechanic? What is the issue with an explanation that it works exactly as it is presented in the role given to us? 2 votes out of (hopefully) 3 -> dead. There is a balancing act where it is good to have a single vote on a possible wolf (to find out for sure) but not two votes.

It's one thing to say "I want to look for other possible causes", but is something wrong with my explanation?
    Supagoof said he'd found Moonfly night 1, and the other wolf night 2, so Supagoof didn't kill Moonfly. Moonfly won't have voted himself night 2. In your scenario, Moonfly wouldn't be dead.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #185

Devil

We're 11 hours late? And with AV being active ~26 hours after the initial night post. I hope it's nothing serious.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

We're 11 hours late? And with AV being active ~26 hours after the initial night post. I hope it's nothing serious.
    I'm guessing I'm not the only one who nearly forgot this existed. Hoping to be nightkilled but if I'm not I'll drag myself back into this game.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

End Of Night Three

It's so aggravating that even with everyone dead and gone, the saboteurs still work to keep their names unfairly clear. Another soul is unjustly taken in the night by these clueless inspectors.

Saint-Just has died. They were a Vanillager.

Day Four Ends In ~48 Hours

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #188

PaladinGuy

Ya when I didn't see anything before going to bed I was worried but now I'm entering mildly panicked.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who nearly forgot this existed. Hoping to be nightkilled but if I'm not I'll drag myself back into this game.
    I keep it loaded on my phone, so it's hard to forget in my case.

Edit: ninjad by AV
    Last edited by flame12; 2021-11-28 at 01:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welp, I'm alive.

First priority: look over the bastard mechanic talk from day one, work out who looks like they might be trying to say "Hi partners, I'm a wolf too!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flame12 View Post

I keep it loaded on my phone, so it's hard to forget in my case.
    Same, it's just I have far too many tabs open so I don't always notice this one.

Not that I'd actually forget a game. Forget what's going on and all my reads? Uh, maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing really obvious about the bastard mechanic discussion other than Moonfly saying "hi, I'm a wolf!". Noting that Taffimai started it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Wombat, can you explain your thought processes on deciding which of Supagoof/Caoimhin to vote day two?

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Nice to know everyone's active and busy solving now it's MyLo.

I think I can construct a plausible wolf!Taffimai world but I haven't looked at stuff in detail yet and it might be just it's easier because she's more active than the others

@anyone else out there, who's the wolf?

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #191

RedKnightGirl

I'm sorry, the killing of Saint-Just threw me quite a bit and I had to rethink.

Yes, I too can find plenty of internal inconsistencies and contradictions in the posts of the most active player, and then there's the vote-hopping But I think I was spot on Day 2 when I said that if Snow stays alive long enough, she becomes the easiest mislynch ever. That's probably the reason we're both still here, that our wolf hopes we'll spend so much time picking at each other that they'll be able to slip by unnoticed.

So that brings us to our two barely-actives. If I could, I'd just lynch them both and be done with it. Caoimhin suspected Wombat, and his instincts were right about Supagoof. Gac thought Flame looked off, but that was a long time ago.

Wombat's posts are annoyingly odd, maybe too attention-grabbing for a wolf? Flame's are perfectly bland, and the problem is that we can't compare them to how they usually play because it's their first time, but there's no unwritten rule against being a wolf your first time playing. I'm leaning towards Flame, for the very meta reason that for literally everybody else who was alive last night, they would have been the best choice for a kill (and we're dealing with a wolf who chose Libro night 1).

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Elaborate on why flame is an optimal kill? I would never kill one of flame/BW as a wolf in this position.

Also how do we know wolves chose to kill Libro night one? You agreed with me that there's some other mechanic that killed Moonfly so why couldn't that also have been what killed Libro.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, also if we have any more PRs they should just claim, this being MyLo. (Yes, this is me explicitly claiming vanillager.)

- - - Updated - - -

Also am I correct in assuming you thought SJ was the wolf before his death?

- - - Updated - - -

Skimmed through BW and flame's ISOs. Surprise, surprise, they're both dead null.

I probably need to ISO Taffimai but, as usual, I don't particularly want to. Maybe this afternoon?

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #193

PaladinGuy

Vanillager here, not that a PR in my hands would do us much good. I'm inclined towards book after rereading the earlier posts, mostly cause I've gotten strong town reads off snow all game and taff has been too active. They might just be relying on that to stay alive, but unless anyone else has anything to put forwards I feel like books random votes before fading out of sight is the most wolf actions I'm seeing.

14. - Top - End - #194

RedKnightGirl

I'm going through these in a different order because that's easier.

Oh yeah, also if we have any more PRs they should just claim, this being MyLo. (Yes, this is me explicitly claiming vanillager.)
    Same here.

Also how do we know wolves chose to kill Libro night one? You agreed with me that there's some other mechanic that killed Moonfly so why couldn't that also have been what killed Libro.
    My guess was that if the wolves don't reach a majority, one of them is killed. Moonfly was a wolf, Libro was not. It seems a bit too helpful that they'd get rewarded with a villager death for not coordinating. I, as a narrator, would've gone with "feedback, but no kill".

Elaborate on why flame is an optimal kill?
    Because the wolf wants to increase their own chances of survival by leaving those people alive who will be the most likely to be suspected? Remember, for the wolf it doesn't matter who gets lynched today, so long as it isn't them.

I would never kill one of flame/BW as a wolf in this position.
    Then I have misjudged you. So: why not and who would you have killed instead?

Also am I correct in assuming you thought SJ was the wolf before his death?
    I actually thought it was the two of you and I was being set up. I mean...
    Regarding the possibility of uncoordinated wolves: I read somewhere about an option where wolves must vote blindly and only if they have some sort of majority they can kill successfully; also included the option where unsuccessful attacks (wolf votes which failed to reach majority) were reported providing more info to both sides
    ...this is only their exact role description, paraphrased. Must've read the same site that AV got her inspiration from.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I guess I'd automatically go to "kill an active player over a quiet one" because the active players have a better chance of figuring me out and getting me killed. Also because... this is probably just a me thing but I think if there's two inactives people are more likely to say "it's just one of the inactives" compared to if there's one where people are more likely to go after an active player.

I don't really know which of you/SJ I'd kill here. SJ is harder to plausibly push but probably less likely to come after me than you... though the easy route for wolf!me is to just go after the inactives rather than getting into a debate with you.

Also can you briefly point out a few of those "internal inconsistencies and contradictions" in my posts, please?

flame, why is Taffimai town purely for being active?

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #196

RedKnightGirl

Also can you briefly point out a few of those "internal inconsistencies and contradictions" in my posts, please?
    Yes, that is fair, we should be playing show, not tell. In exchange, could I ask you to post your ISOs of Wombat and Flame? They would really help me make up my mind (especially Wombat's, since you've played with him most).

17. - Top - End - #197

PaladinGuy

It's less "Taff is town because they're active" and more "who looks most suspicious at this exact moment."

I've had a town read on you since day one, despite the hiccup in the middle where you voted for the seer, so that leaves me taff and book. Taff has been consistently helpful and analytical, while book has mostly skated through on anonymity. It's shaky logic at best, but I feel like the final wolf is gonna be someone who played the most cautious of the three, and so I have to compare them to goof and moon, and book just comes out looking more like a wolf to me than taff does in that comparison.

Edit: also, new guy question here, ISO? Not a term I'm familiar with, could I get the quick version?
    Last edited by flame12; 2021-11-29 at 10:16 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Wombat, can you explain your thought processes on deciding which of Supagoof/Caoimhin to vote day two?
    ...I had none? Was honestly just sticking to my first vote out of hope, wasn't sure of either.
    ISO means Isolation as in looking at one player's posts only, without context I think.
    This site helped me a bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a Vanillager.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-11-29 at 11:11 AM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

19. - Top - End - #199

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    ...I had none? Was honestly just sticking to my first vote out of hope, wasn't sure of either.
    ISO means Isolation as in looking at one player's posts only, without context I think.
    This site helped me a bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a Vanillager.
    Ah, that helps a lot. Thanks.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

ftr BW'S posts this game fit with town!him and are pretty different to SK!him last game. Though there's no wolf games for comparison purposes.

...I was really hoping I could get to a wolfread on one of the inactives so I wouldn't have to figure out Taffimai. No such luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Yes, that is fair, we should be playing show, not tell. In exchange, could I ask you to post your ISOs of Wombat and Flame? They would really help me make up my mind (especially Wombat's, since you've played with him most).
    Missed this earlier. I mean, I don't know that it would have much purpose as it would just be me quoting a load of posts and saying "NAI" for each of them.

I have given my thoughts on Wombat slightly more depth, though.

Speaking of whom, Wombat, if you were a wolf who would you have killed last night?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I didn't write out ISOs or quote anything, I just stared at the page for a while and checked nothing jumped out at me.

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #201

Speaking of whom, Wombat, if you were a wolf who would you have killed last night?
    Du? Definite discussion driver.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: Taffimai ISO, part one
    Show
    Taffimai, in honour of our delightful host, and because I'm not a survivor this game WOOP WOOP WOOP!
    So she's either town or a wolf. Extremely informative.

I agree that the right time to lynch the narrator is when the game hasn't ended after flipping three wolves or six villagers, but we need a second wagon that isn't Gac (and I think Flame is new?) so I'll try Supagoof to see how that takes off.

And to get some conversation going: what does everybody think the bastard mechanic is going to be this game? Before AV told us that we're not using QuickTopics I thought it would be a lone wolf because the "you can see wolf chat but not post in it" mechanic can't be done in Discord afaik. Right now I'm leaning towards "there are no wolves, you're all villagers" but that needs some sort of night voting mechanic because I don't think AV would do the very thing Rogan suggested in the recruitment thread (too obvious).
    Getting wagons going is good, but not unfakeable especially when wolf!Taffimai wouldn't know Supagoof is her partner. I am mildly suspicious of starting the bastard mechanic conversation as it provides an easy way for wolves to breadcrumb their identities, as demonstrated by moonfly.
    (snip)

I don't, I was talking about the edge cases where I'd want to lynch the narrator. I don't think there are four wolves, so if we lynch three and the game doesn't end, something's up. Similarly, I don't think there are less than two (although technically a serial killer game would be possible, but in my experience you very rarely win 1 v 9 anyway so that wouldn't be very challenging), therefore if we see six people flip as villagers without lynching a single wolf (which would mean 2 v 2 left) and the game still hasn't ended, I'd be more inclined to suspect AV than that there'd be only a single wolf.

So in short, the correct AvatarVecna time is Day 4.
    If I squint I could get to a wolfread for thinking there's three wolves, but her explanation is fair and there's no reason to disbelieve it.
    And before you ask, no, I also don't know for sure that there isn't a vig/sk to provide a second night kill or a baner/voider which would upset that Day 4 calculation, but I don't think so. "Bastard mode: I made it seem in the recruitment thread like there wouldn't be many power roles, but there are!" seems unlikely.
    Mechanics, NAI.

Time for the evening catchup!

Actually I missed this the first time around, but what tells you they're not distancing (or pulling a Snowblaze like in the last game)?

I'm taking that second quote completely out of context, but this combo is hilarious and I hope to see it sometime. Night one, BAM! half the players dead

You forget that a wolfless game is the scenario that was discussed in the recruitment thread, I just added the bit about a night-vote mechanic instead of the narrator choosing the kills. I hope you're right about AV not being likely to run it, but I didn't pull the idea out of nowhere.

I think you're seeing a connection between two things that aren't related. "When should we lynch the narrator" looks at what the realistic expectations are for this game, and with ten players imo that's 2-3 wolves. "What could be the bastard mechanic" is speculation about an abnormal scenario that I nonetheless think might happen, and "no wolves" is the one I picked. It was meant more to start conversation than to state a firm opinion on the game, and well... mission accomplished!

Actually, if you're right about the idea that the wolves don't know each other, I think three wolves is more likely, because it's harder for them to win when they can't coordinate their voting. In a way it's worse than being a serial killer, because they risk involuntarily lynching their buddies, or giving themselves away by being too scared to vote. (more below)

This is very true. On the one hand, Day 1 isn't even halfway. On the other, I think it increases the chances that you're right about the wolves not being able to communicate: if they don't know who their buddie(s) is/are, they can't try to protect them, they'll just vote for anyone who's not themselves. Which is bad news because there won't be voting patterns or odd defenses to spot or analyse. Which, in turn, is a good argument for there being only two wolves... Circular reasoning achieved!

Actually I think that if several people speak out against voting for the narrator, and you're one of the people voting for the narrator, you might feel compelled to respond in some way. I know I don't have to explain to Gac what I meant by voting for myself in tribute to the host, but if one of the newer players had commented, I'd have gone looking for the oldest quote I could find. This is the game where people analyse your every typo for hidden motives, after all.

More like casting magic missile on the darkness

Tomorrow we're leaving on holiday, and I'm going to spend most of the day driving, then unpacking and improvising dinner. I'll see you all in ~20 hours or so!
    Soft defence of moonfly. I'm working under the assumption that wolf!Taffimai would have picked up on Moonfly's talk about the bastard mechanic and so be aware Moonfly is her partner.

(Note to self: look at this post with the context of the quoted posts to work out the rest. Not finding it *that* strongl
    Spoiler: Vote History (tell me if I missed one like last time)
    Show
    Code:
    Wombat			Supagoof 1
    Moonfly			AV 1
    Caoimhin		Gac 1
    Taffimai		Taffimai 1
    Gac			Flame 1
    Saint			AV 2
    Snow			Gac 2
    Flame			Gac 3
    Taffimai		Supagoof 2		Taffimai 0
    Supagoof		Snowblaze
    Gac			AV 3			Flame 0
    Moonfly 		No Vote			AV 2
    Saint			Supagoof 3		AV 1
    Gac			Moonfly 1		AV 0
    Moonfly			Gac 4
    Snow			Moonfly 2		Gac 3

There were no posts yesterday (or today) that I particularly wanted to reply to, so I decided to try my hand at one of those reads lists I've seen others do. I'd welcome feedback if you think my reasoning is faulty.

Spoiler: Suspicions
    Show
    I've grouped people based on how willing I am to vote for them, so this is not a "most to least suspicion" ranking.
    Book Wombat
    Reasons they might be a wolf Last game Wombat joked around a lot and had one of the highest posting rates, and was told that it looked like someone really excited to play a wolf (and he ended up being a serial killer). Now his behaviour is the exact opposite, which could be deliberate.
    Reasons why they might be town Low activity alone does not a wolf tell make.
    Do I want to vote them? Not today, but tomorrow or Day 3, definitely.
    Libro
    Reasons they might be a wolf An experienced player who has been away for a while, might be laying low (haven't gone back to check whether Libro is also one of those "I'm never around on Day 1" types).
    Reasons why they might be town I got the impression from the recruitment thread that they were still debating whether or not to sign up, so might not know they're supposed to be here, especially since villagers didn't get a PM this game (not a fan of that, btw).
    Do I want to vote them? As Wombat, but as they might autolynch and we'll then get Emmy or Rogan, I'm fine with waiting a bit longer.
    Saint-Just
    Reasons they might be a wolf None yet, but I haven't really looked too closely because new player.
    Reasons why they might be town Active, responsive, makes good points.
    Do I want to vote them? Not anytime soon (even if they weren't new)
    Flame
    Reasons they might be a wolf Only two posts, lampshaded OMGUS
    Reasons why they might be town Both posts looked perfectly normal to me.
    Do I want to vote them? Not anytime soon (even if they weren't new)
    Snowblaze
    Reasons they might be a wolf The interaction with Gac to vote Moonfly together looked like something they might have discussed in advance. People like to say that "Snow always looks town, even as a wolf", but for me it's more the other way around that Snow has an air of calculated indecision even when town.
    Reasons why they might be town Very vocal about suspicions which helps to draw others' attention to them. Interacts a lot, definitely not trying to lay low.
    Do I want to vote them? Not atm. I'd vote off someone inactive before someone useful who looks mildly wolfish unless it's LyLo.
    Caomhin
    Reasons they might be a wolf Seems to be trying a bit too hard to find something, anything suspicious. Wolves do this in order to drive the attention towards townies. His interactions with me gave me the distinct impression that had Gac and Caoimhin been wolf-buddies, I'd have been his pick for a counter-wagon and the only reason I'm not is that they're not.
    Reasons why they might be town Trying to find wolves is what a townie is supposed to do, and sussing them for that and no other reason is weak. Also, being open about your suspicions allows people to respond, which prevents mislynches and promotes conversation.
    Do I want to vote them? See Snow. I'm also fairly sure that Snow and Caoimhin are not wolves together, their posts are too similar in style yet uncoordinated.
    Gac
    Reasons they might be a wolf "I want to vote you but I don't want to be the one to start a wagon, I'll just try to get an inexperienced player to do it for me so I can safely join it later without getting blamed when you flip town"
    Reasons why they might be town This very much gave me the impression of someone who's not really paying attention, only looked at the vote count and the picked "the other wagon" while forgetting that AV is the narrator. I'd expect a wolf to be more on the ball than that and to avoid the attention that voting newbie then narrator inevitably attracts.
    Do I want to vote them? Yes, why not. However the main reason he looks wolf to me is very similar to the bogus one Snow gave for voting Caoimhin last time, and as I said then I think it's flimsy.
    Moonfly
    Reasons they might be a wolf Wanting to wait with a vote till others have shown their hand is shifty, and shows they might want to be able to pick between wagons in case one of them is a buddy. A wolf would get annoyed for attracting attention with something they think is innocuous (like Caoimhin last time).
    Reasons why they might be town Their posts came off more annoyed than anything else to me, sort of "Everybody else is random/joke voting, why are you picking on me?" and moreso when their promise to vote properly later failed to appease Snow.
    Do I want to vote them? Also yes.
    Supagoof
    Reasons they might be a wolf As he said, posting Day 1 is atypical behaviour. I've got nothing better.
    Reasons why they might be town It's atypical behaviour I'd like to encourage, posts look perfectly normal.
    Do I want to vote them? When I voted for Supagoof it was because I wanted to create a second wagon (and the one for Gac was also started randomly). Now that I am voting for him, I'm only going to change that for a reason. If Moonfly gets another vote I'll push one of them up to four.

Sorry for the **** table, but I don't know how to fix it and I don't have time to mess around with it.

So there you have it. All in all I think the two wagons should be Moonfly and Gac today, since they're the two players that are somewhat under suspicion, but I need some time to decide between my own leaning that out of those two, I'd rather believe Gac as a wolf than Moonfly, and Saint-Just's very good point that Gac's wagon feels more coordinated (unless the wolves are exactly Gac and Snow, but eh). In the mean time, I'm happy to leave my vote where it is because you never know, the RNG might have gotten lucky. See you later!

P.S. AV, I couldn't find anything about an auto-lynch mechanic in the recruitment thread, do we have one?
    Edit: we do, that's what the alternates are for. Realised this while filling out the table, forgot to remove this line.
    Reads list is decent. Not seeing anything massively towny, or any smoking guns other than "why isn't she voting for gac or moonfly".

My top two suspects who I still would only give less than even odds of being a wolf are still not people I really want to vote for. I am in the same position as last time on Day 1, where I think we don't have any decent proof yet and are absolutely going to mislynch. If I move to Moonfly, I'm creating another 3v3 tie that's imo just as good as the current one. If I vote Gac, I'm basically deciding the lynch because 4/2/2 would require too much last minute vote shifting to change.

...actually, sure. Gac just to check whether Snow was bussing again.
    ...not a fan. A moonfly vote would be the more logical conclusion from her reads list. And voting gac "to check whether I'm bussing" is... okay, maybe that's a me thing and not an actual wolf tell.
    I promise if Gac flips town I'll vote Moonfly with you tomorrow.

This, however, is absolutely true. If Gac's a wolf, there's nothing you can do that will keep me from voting you tomorrow for suspected bussing. Someone else might try by, idk, confessing? but not you.
    I was referring to being nightkilled, not lynched.

...eh, wanting to vote moonfly is good. Is it good enough to poke holes in my theory? I need to go back and check what my reads/thread consensus were at the time.

No, using ciphers is against the general forum rules. Though some people have a terrible, terrible memory.
    NAI.
    Bastard mode: Day 1 never ends!

I also remember someone who would spell out their role with the first letters of an early post to use it as proof later. Aventine, I think, but I'm not sure. This was an older game, and I'm not sure they still play.
    NAI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Du? Definite discussion driver.
    I wish, lol.

Taffimai (sorry for firing so many questions at you), do you think there's anything that you've done or that has happened that wouldn't have happened if you're a wolf, and if so what?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a really badly worded question. Let's try again.

Taffimai, do you think that any events in this game strongly point to your being town? If so, which events?

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #203

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: As promised
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Well, it is always AvatarVecna time.
    Well, that's just lazy. It's AvatarVecna time then.

(Ok, I'll make a normal vote, I promise. Later. Maybe. Probably).
    Slow start to the game... gac3 for a wagon that's not the narrator.
    I feel like I might look suspicious throwing my vote back at gac3, but I agree with your reasoning, so doing it anyways.
    I agree that the right time to lynch the narrator is when the game hasn't ended after flipping three wolves or six villagers, but we need a second wagon that isn't Gac (and I think Flame is new?) so I'll try Supagoof to see how that takes off.
    Also why do you think there are three wolves?
    I don't, I was talking about the edge cases where I'd want to lynch the narrator. I don't think there are four wolves, so if we lynch three and the game doesn't end, something's up. Similarly, I don't think there are less than two (although technically a serial killer game would be possible, but in my experience you very rarely win 1 v 9 anyway so that wouldn't be very challenging), therefore if we see six people flip as villagers without lynching a single wolf (which would mean 2 v 2 left) and the game still hasn't ended, I'd be more inclined to suspect AV than that there'd be only a single wolf.

So in short, the correct AvatarVecna time is Day 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    I'll change my vote to an actual when I feel like there's someone good to vote for. Other least halfway decent.
    Saying this unprompted makes me think they feel like they’re under pressure to produce content and look like they’re doing things.
    • Moonfly joke-votes AV
    • Saint-Just joke-votes AV, quantifies they’ll make a proper vote later (maybe)
    • You state that you’d rather have a non-narrator wagon
    • Flame agrees that he’d rather have a non-narrator wagon
    • I agree that I’d rather have a non-narrator wagon
    • You ask me to elaborate
    • I go into detail about when I’d want to lynch the narrator
    • Moonfly quantifies they’ll make a proper vote later
    • You call Moonfly’s statement “unprompted”, even though it was much less so than Saint-Just’s

Now, I have to concede that your instincts were correct, but it’s still inconsistent. You have to forgive me, I’ve spent the past several irl days actively looking at the interactions between you and Saint-Just for signs of a wolf-duo and it’s still not completely out of my system.

Also it took me a while to realise that you’re talking about specifically “lynch the narrator” with Moonfly and Saint-Just’s (incidentally, can I call you SJ? I think the hyphen makes me want to abbreviate your name.) guesses for the bastard mechanic.

I don’t think that’s particularly AI given the narrator is, well, AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Hmm... According to the vote count I'm in the lead. That's fine. But there is also two other wagons near me and flame came in so why not move to one of those. AV
    ...why are you voting for the narrator over the actual player?

Like. Do you actually think that lynching the narrator is a pro-town move? And if so... why?
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I mean... It only puts us at a tie but I'm more curious about trying to lynch the narrator to see what happens out of curiosity than lynching someone who seems to only be a wagon so that I wouldn't be the only one.
    What will happen if we lynch AV is that we'll get some snarky flavour text and no information that gets us any closer to killing wolves tomorrow. And do bear in mind that if there are three wolves tomorrow is MyLo. (Hopefully there aren't, but we have to consider it.) oh right, not killing anyone means there's nine alive day two so it's 6-3.
    • You tell Gac that voting AV is NAI
    • Gac votes AV
    • You tell Gac that voting AV is not pro-town
    • Gac explains he is curious what happens if he votes AV
    • Voting AV is now even more anti-town

The inconsistency here is that in every argument, your estimation of the inherent towniness of voting AV changes, rather than that you address the differing circumstances. It comes across as “voting AV is fine, except when you do it”.

Lynching you or Supagoof will at least give us useful information even if you flip town.
    Caoimhin... yeah, that's a bad situation. But it's not any better than your alternative. If Moonfly flips town we at least learn that I was wrong about stuff and can re-evaluate going into MyLo day three. If Supagoof/BW flips town we only learn that the person playing the same way they do every game was town.

Basically we're screwed unless we kill a wolf tomorrow, so we should vote the people who are most likely to be wolves.
    Caoimhin, what does a Supagoof town flip tell us?
    Also CaoimhinTheCape because they just reminded me I haven’t voted yet and I want to see where it goes.
    Why did you not vote Moonfly, which would've cleared Caoimhin and me both?
    I don't vote people because of who they'll clear if they flip town, I vote people because I think they're wolves. I was more convinced on moonfly than Caoimhin night one but that changed towards being more suspicious of Caoimhin. Also quite a few people were suspicious of them earlier today so I wanted to see if the wagon would gain momentum.

• You mention a preference for a particular lynch because it also gives info on a town flip
    • You twice try to convince Caoimhin to vote based on the town flip providing more info
    • You vote someone “just to see where it goes”
    • I question you for not voting the way that would’ve yielded the most information, even on a town flip
    • You claim not to vote based on the info that a town flip could give

Basically you reject my reasoning even though it’s essentially the same as what you’ve used yourself before.

Sorry for only giving three, but these are way more time intensive than they're worth. I'm not trying to convince anyone to lynch you, I'm trying to make up my mind between Flame and Wombat.

On that point: how is Wombat's behaviour now not wolf? He drops in, twice, giving non-committal answers and without any input on either of our reasoning (let alone coming up with some of himself). To me, that looks like someone hanging back to see which way the wind blows: if you decide to vote me, he'll agree in order to save himself. If I vote Flame, he'll also agree in order to save himself.

I'll get to your questions tomorrow so I can give a better answer than "I don't know". Also I really need to go do something not related to this game before I'll be able to sleep.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thanks for that. I'll try and make a decision soon.

I guess it's just that this is pretty normal behaviour for town!BW. I think it was Percy Jackson where I asked for his reads and he said he didn't have any, and he was town then.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Question Re: Afterlife 2

Turns out making a decision is hard. Shocking.

Every time I think I've convinced myself Taffimai is one alignment I come up with an argument for her being the other.

I'm... not overly inspired by my inconsistencies.
    Spoiler: Thoughts on those
    Show
    There's a lot of taking my posts out of context that I was taking into account even if I didn't clearly explain "here is the context that makes me read these similar actions differently" and the last point is saying I made an argument I never did.

The first quoted post on that part is me saying "we should lynch a player, not the narrator, because that would give us more information". And I'm not trying to convince Caoimhin to vote anywhere based on getting information. Caoimhin was arguing that we should kill Supagoof for information, I was arguing that I didn't think that was the best way of getting information.

But I don't know how much of what I said is evident from my posts and how much is only obvious to someone living in my head.

Going to look through the context of late day one again. Maybe that will give me some clarity. Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

No clarity. I did actually say "Taffimai could be partners with moonfly" just before she promised to vote them with me given town!gac.

Aaaa, I keep thinking "but why wouldn't she go after this townie" and then realising that she probably didn't know the person in question was town and I can't actually reconstruct who a hypothetical wolf!Taffimai would be thinking of as a partner. What a bastard mechanic.

More questions, Taffimai! Can you explain how you got to "Snow and I are both town and have been left alive to argue with each other" from thinking it was me/SJ?

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to talk about reasons to townread Taffimai but then I realised it's a bad idea because it's just giving wolf!her hints on how to answer my question about why she's town.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2021-11-30 at 03:49 AM.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #206

RedKnightGirl

Taffimai, do you think that any events in this game strongly point to your being town? If so, which events?
    Ok I've tried to look at myself as an outsider (which is surprisingly hard), and when it comes to events that actually had an impact on the game, the best I can say is this: I have broken the ties in the first two votes. Yes, I realise that "look at how I condemned a townie and our seeer" is a weird reason for claiming town, but it is. Sticking your neck out like that and accepting the risk of being held accountable for it is definitely pro-town, as shown in the voting patterns of our two known wolves. Apart from that there's a lot of "this post makes me look bad and as a wolf, I'd have been more careful to avoid that".

Which brings me to:
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Supagoof: CaoimhinTheCape, Moonfly7
    Moonfly7: Supagoof
    CaoimhinTheCape: Saint-Just, flame12, Taffimai, Snowblaze, Book Wombat
    Look at the order of the Day 2 votes. We know our wolf is in there, so who is it? The one who started it (dead - town), the one who tied the votes, the one who broke the tie, the one who consolidated the vote, or the one who followed the majority?

- - - Updated - - -

More questions, Taffimai! Can you explain how you got to "Snow and I are both town and have been left alive to argue with each other" from thinking it was me/SJ?
    A lot of it was tied up with you two being a duo that found each other early. Since this exchange:

Sorry, I still haven't internalized how much this relies on knowing nods. I know it is a standard tactic but I wrote my post without thinking about it. I'll try to do better.
    That's fine, Saint-Just. Takes some getting used to.

Actually I do now have a guess for the bastard mechanic: there are no power roles at all, and wolves know this so can safely fakeclaim PRs.
    ...is a non-event, a lot of the rest fell flat. Plus, Monty Hall.

27. - Top - End - #207

RedKnightGirl

Wait a minute, that vote count is off, Flame voted Supagoof
    Last time i can guarantee I'll be able to post before time is up. Gonna say something strange, but I think based off Caos reads above, best vote order is goof and then me depending on if anything new shows up. I'm town, but I'm not a power role, so taking me out at least means we don't accidentally kill any hidden roles helping us out. Better a normal townie rather than a healer or something. Gives a better final day if Caos right.

Supagoof

@AV can you please confirm no narrator mistake? It wouldn't have influenced the outcome, but it has suddenly become quite relevant.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Wait a minute, that vote count is off, Flame voted Supagoof

@AV can you please confirm no narrator mistake? It wouldn't have influenced the outcome, but it has suddenly become quite relevant.
    I probably just missed it.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #209

RedKnightGirl

...so I didn't break a tie at all, I pushed the seeer, great

- - - Updated - - -

But at least we don't have to worry about a vote manipulator today, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to go soon and I'll only be back an hour or so before EoD, so I'm going to ask some questions myself:

@Flame, how did you not notice that?

@Wombat, please vote first this time and say why.

@Snow, the fact that Wombat could've tied Caoimhin and Supagoof makes his trouble deciding more understandable, but does it make him more or less town?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eh... I still don't know. On the one hand it could be town genuinely confused, on the other it could be a genuinely confused wolf. So neither, sorry.

And we need to vote soon and I still don't know who to vote for.

- - - Updated - - -

@Wombat
    @flame

Why should I not vote for you ("because I'm town" is not a valid answer; explain why) and/or who should I vote instead?

Extended Signature