New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Afterlife 2

1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Afterlife 2

Interesting. I was deducing things ok, and by the day 3 was already sure it'll come to 3v1. I had great suspicions of Taffimai (and I posted only a small part of them, have anybody else noticed her "seeer", for example?), but felt like she was strongly townread, and that wolfreading peope with strong townread would result in people wolfreading me, and by d3 we were already in MyLo, so I couldn't take one for the town.

I really believed we were in a pure setup with no wolf power roles, so I really wanted to insist on people not lynching anyone till the wolves would give us 2v1 setup with better chances, I would go as far as saying "If there are people in town with killingt roles, kill me to be sure" but again I felt that proposing anything complicated would have raised suspicions against me, so even if I ended up in 2v1 the other townie would still lynch me. So I prevaricated, and then I died,
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 2021-12-06 at 08:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    What happened is that Supagoof voted Taffimai, and Taffimai voted moonfly7, and moonfly7 didn't vote until some 12 hours after I had already declared them dead. It was Taff or moon dying that night, scum either way.

Naturally, moonfly did vote before checking the thread. They voted to NK Taffimai. Lol rip.
    I find this very comforting, knowing I wasn't the only one lost in the dark. I'm sure 90% of my looking town was down to the fact that I really was actively trying to figure things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Now I wonder why they didn't try to kill Snow. Afraid of hitting a wolf, after all she had done to kill villagers?
    Not so much the killing of villagers as the fact that I thought Supagoof alluded to her being another wolf and my feeling lonely and pessimistic of my chances of winning after killing Moonfly and with Supagoof definitely getting lynched the next day. The thought that maybe Snow was a wolfbuddy with a really good town-face was comforting. Thus, despite some compelling evidence to the contrary, I kept hoping. I'm not saying I needed the emotional support of an imaginary friend, but...

...and there was also the fact that while she was active, I could post much more myself without standing out, which increased the total volume of the thread which meant people were going to be less likely to want to reread and analyse it all. The "we are both left alive to fight with each other while the real wolf laughs in silence"-ploy was not only plausible, it also allowed for some of her towniness to rub off on me, especially by pointing out the obvious "Snow always looks town even when she's a wolf" paranoia play and then explicitly not going for that. She was just a very good choice to keep around.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hey, I only killed two villagers this game!

But yeah, I understand leaving me alive. I did kind of pick up on you saying "hey, wolves would totally want to mislynch Snow" and just dismissing me as town without that much reasoning.

...I just don't have the confidence to go against consensus and push my reads in late game. Again.

I'll learn one day. Which will be the day I'm wrong.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #274

Fourteen games and the only times I became scum was after Game Start. Purity!
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

5. - Top - End - #275

I just know going forward to follow Bookie's first point. He apparently can catch a wolf right off the bat, lol!
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Hey, I only killed two villagers this game!

But yeah, I understand leaving me alive. I did kind of pick up on you saying "hey, wolves would totally want to mislynch Snow" and just dismissing me as town without that much reasoning.

...I just don't have the confidence to go against consensus and push my reads in late game. Again.

I'll learn one day. Which will be the day I'm wrong.
    I got real paranoid the longer you stayed alive. I didn't read everything but I kept going... Snow is alive... Why is snow alive... They should kill snow...

7. - Top - End - #277

Thus, the Snow paradox:The longer she remains alive, the more likely she is a wolf. = The wolves keep her alive to create the mislynch opportunity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Solution: become good enough at killing wolves rather than villagers that wolves have to kill me before I kill them.

...I'll get there eventually.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #279

RedKnightGirl

But then what will you do when you are a wolf yourself? After all the bussing :p
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    But then what will you do when you are a wolf yourself?
    Opting for no kill one night and claiming to be the baner who stopped the kill? This ought to buy her another day or two. Works better in a game with many overlapping power roles
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    But then what will you do when you are a wolf yourself? After all the bussing :p
    Be vocally wrong and mislynch someone, then claim "I'm alive because my reads sucked."

Alternatively, in a game with claimed PRs, "I'm alive because wolves are too busy killing the PRs to get to me".

And yes, bussing is definitely an option. Though that makes it even harder to justify my continued existence!

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #282

Be vocally wrong and mislynch someone, then claim "I'm alive because my reads sucked."

Alternatively, in a game with claimed PRs, "I'm alive because wolves are too busy killing the PRs to get to me".

And yes, bussing is definitely an option. Though that makes it even harder to justify my continued existence!
    *Looks into teacup. Sees future where Snow is killed by her fellow wolves night 1...*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

So now you will either get killed by the wolves for being to good or by town for being not good enough at catching wolves... Oh Snow... I don't feel confident about your ability to keep your death count low.

On the bright side, AV won't be the only one who has to die in order to be trusted. Maybe?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

For another werewolf game, check out Yu-Gi-Oh! GX!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!