New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home - New Trailer

Spoiler
    Show
    Doc Ock and Green Goblin were incredible. I wish we could have a Superior Spider-Man show! Love Rami Spider-Man 2 Hero Doc Ock.

I agree in that I feel they’ll use the symbiote to get our MCU-Scorpion. He already has beef with him and the actor is at least a tough looking guy. Unlike Flash in this version. I like the idea of Peter being forced to sell pictures to J.J. to make ends meet now lol
    Last edited by Phobia; 2021-12-21 at 05:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Glasses & Estates
    Show
    One thing the movie glossed over is what exactly happened with E.D.I.T.H. and all of Stark’s tech. We saw a brief shot of the E.D.I.T.H. glasses, but were they confiscated by Damage Control? If so, and if everyone has now forgotten about Peter, does that mean Damage Control has no idea what they are? And how do the glasses and the tech resources intersect with whoever is now running Stark Industries?

As for funding, this version of Aunt May seems to be well-versed in legal issues (perhaps a nod to My Cousin Vinny) and I would expect she already had a will drawn up leaving her estate to Peter. Does that legal instrument puff away with the spell? If so, where do May’s assets go? If not, does Peter have more of a safety net than his one-room flat would indicate?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Azuresun View Post
    My favourite bit of the movie: The Daily Bugle demanding to know why Spiderman hates famous landmarks.

Spoiler: Post-Credits
    Show
    It's worth bearing in mind that the Venom symbiote has had other hosts in the comics, so they could use them if they don't want to tread on Sony's turf. One of which was Flash Thompson (he joined the military and lost his legs, then got the symbiote as part of a military black-ops program). Hard to imagine this version of Flash Thompson getting it and becoming a supervillain, though.

And cool as it would have been, I can understand why they didn't use him in the movie. He's got no reason to be angry at Peter (at best, Venom would be angry at Maguire Spiderman for killing one of the other symbiotes, which is tenuous), and bringing him in as an ally would have distracted from the big team-up. I'll be interested to see what they do with "homegrown" Venom.

Spoiler: Going Home
    Show
    From context, he seemed to have not been plucked from right before he died (because he regained his sanity before sacrificing himself), so he'll have a bit more time to fix the mistake. Plus, he has a mini arc reactor this time.

Also, if Norman Osborne now doesn't die fighting Spiderman, that probably means that Harry never picks up the mantle, so he probably lives too.
    Spoiler: going home
    Show
    What if he regained his sanity because of his little side trip? If the spell returns him to the moment he left, from the Raimiverse PoV he just becomes redeenef suddenly...exactly like it happened.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Thought the first half was absolutely terrible, and the second half was great. They rely too much on what I'd call cringe humor. Or at least, a lot of the interactions in the first half of the movie were making me cringe and I hope it was intentional. I generally don't like "It's Always Sunny" style humor where everyone is just screaming nonsense at each other, and a lot of the scenes are constructed this way.

Specific plot beats.

Spoiler
    Show
    For all the "oh I couldn't do this without you guys" that they kept spouting, I'm not sure what Ned or MJ actually bring to the table. They literally don't do anything. At all. At least until Ned arbitrarily gets magical powers during the second half of the movie. He gives them a button to press if he doesn't text them? That could be accomplished by literally anyone.

Apparently Parker is a Tony Stark level scientist now. Ok? I know he's a genius in the comics, but you didn't do any of the ground work in the previous movies to make it believable that this version of Spidey is a genius. Making super-tech in a lab is a pretty huge departure from his previous MCU depictions which have generally just shown him as a reckless kid with Stark doing the harder science stuff for him.

Speaking of being reckless and stupid...why would you take 5 mentally unstable, super-powered serial killers home to your family? What did he expect to happen? I get not abandoning them to die, but taking them home to your family feels stupid even for this version of Peter. It's pure plot contrivance that more people don't die. All those cars that got blown up were empty? I guess the police parked outside the building and then retreated across the street or something.

I guess he also never learned any basic CPR or even to hold pressure on a wound during his super heroing experiences. Yeah, he's a real genius.

If the spell was bringing in everyone across the multiverse who knows Parker=Spidey and removing knowledge of him is what stopped it....that's an infinite number of Peter Parkers out there that just got their life ruined for this universe's convenience. Not very heroic. He could have at least given his buddies a heads up that he just ruined their lives before he sent them home. I guess this is just typical MCU "don't think about it too hard" stuff though.

There's more, but that's enough for now. As for positives, the action scenes were very good, and I enjoyed Ock and Obsorne's portrayals. I loved the scene at the end with the snow and the Christmas lights, and I think it leaves off on a good place for future movies.

Spoiler
    Show
    That would make sense....except Ned literally used it on accident the first few times. Apparently all you have to do is hold the thing and make a circle. Makes you wonder why anyone would struggle with it. To the point where Strange, who is a magical prodigy almost froze to death despite having seen the feat performed numerous times previously and literally arriving at his location via magic.
    As far as the spidey is a genius now thing, didnt hollands spidey literally redesign his super suit from the ground up in the back of one of tonys jets during the whole mysterio thing? I do agree we didnt get a lot of genius parker in this one but at least we got to see some signs of his engineering skills.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Traab
    As far as the spidey is a genius now thing, didnt hollands spidey literally redesign his super suit from the ground up in the back of one of tonys jets during the whole mysterio thing?
    He did, but the jet’s fabricator was already loaded with a whole series of suit designs, probably the result of Stark’s design work on the “minor upgrade” and the Iron Spider. Peter didn’t have to design every component from scratch, just rearrange and reconfigure existing components. Stark probably did 95% of the actual design and coding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note that Peter used May’s sewing machine to make his latest costume the old-fashioned way, so he can’t just nick into the high school science lab and build Iron Spider 2.0 from scratch.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    As far as the spidey is a genius now thing, didnt hollands spidey literally redesign his super suit from the ground up in the back of one of tonys jets during the whole mysterio thing? I do agree we didnt get a lot of genius parker in this one but at least we got to see some signs of his engineering skills.
    It seemed less like he was doing actual science and more like he was just picking from a list of pre-engineered options to me. Maybe I need to watch the scene again though.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

How did I not remember until someone mentioned it here, that Aunt May is an expert in general automotive knowledge?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    How did I not remember until someone mentioned it here, that Aunt May is an expert in general automotive knowledge?
    You probably missed that day of law school where it was discussed.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Regarding Spidey being smart and inventive, we at least know that he built his web shooters using his high school chemistry lab's equipment. That ain't nothing.

Obviously, he doesn't have the resources to make a new nanotech armor suit now that the Stark fabricator is gone, but he can still do a lot with very little.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    It seemed less like he was doing actual science and more like he was just picking from a list of pre-engineered options to me. Maybe I need to watch the scene again though.
    It did kinda feel that way, like he's buying a new car and deciding whether it has heated seats and flames painted on the side. But I think the intent of the scene is definitely Peter following in Tony's footsteps as an inventor. Maybe the fabricator is doing the heavy lifting, but I think you need a high level understanding of engineering to be able to use it.

Which is basically what happens in this film, the fabricator already designed and built the devices, Peter just needed a little understanding to be able to fix them.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

So Spider-Man no way home (the 3rd MCU one) just crossed a Billion Dollars with the worldwide box office.

I find this ironic that 7 years ago Amazing Spider-Man 2 (the Andrew Garfield) only made $709 million and it was a disappointing number due to the large technical budget, a large marketing budget, and the theater part of the sales the movie barely made any money. It was the 9th highest movie in 2014.

More things change the more they stay the same.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

TV Tropes tells me that ‘Lola’ is Tagalong for ‘Grandmother.’ If so this brings an interesting dimension to Agent Coulson’s relationship with his car.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    TV Tropes tells me that ‘Lola’ is Tagalong for ‘Grandmother.’ If so this brings an interesting dimension to Agent Coulson’s relationship with his car.
    I'm sorry, but what's this got to do with Spider-Man?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    I'm sorry, but what's this got to do with Spider-Man?
    Ned is of Filipino descent; the exchange between him and his grandmother during the sling ring scene involves a good amount of Tagalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ah okay, thanks~!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Ramza00
    I find this ironic that 7 years ago Amazing Spider-Man 2 (the Andrew Garfield) only made $709 million and it was a disappointing number due to the large technical budget, a large marketing budget, and the theater part of the sales the movie barely made any money.
    Tastes and mileage vary, but I found this one to be a sloppy, draggy mess. They tried to fit in way too much, including the worst possible version of Junior Green Goblin, and it ended up feeling like overcooked gumbo.

Spoiler: Particular Disappointment
    Show
    The one thing that really motivated me to watch this was the promise of a showdown with Rhino, and I watched the whole frickin’ grind of the movie hoping that at least it would all be justified by a phenomenal battle with a classic Spidey foe.

Instead I got 30 seconds of shooting up police cars, a dopey kid in Spidey jammies, and a manhole cover. And then it ended before the actual fight got started. Not cool.

So I can understand if other people also didn’t throng for this one. The contrast is especially strong with the sprightly tone of Homecoming, which was lighter, brighter, and just plain fun.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

My feelings about ASM are “complicated”, they did some amazing casting, and the two leads had charisma together … but everything else that was done choices wise I question or I did not like and it would be a long list which I will spare you and my own tummy (for it will tighten itself if I relieve it.)

I kind of hate Spider-Man movies for one of the things in my mind of the character, is he is different people at different ages, he has real growth. And once he reaches a certain stage in the comics they plateau him and he has the illusion of change. Likewise even in the space of little change there is an inner monologue of inner thoughts, with actions not necessary matching those thoughts two pages later (for Peter did the right thing), and thus there is a tension within Peter Parker. He is several different people at all times and that does not translate well to film.

For example Peter Parker is an angry boy as a nerd in high school, yet is still sympathetic, but he has flashes of anger / meanness, thus how he interacts with Flash before the powers and after the powers is key. But once he has the powers he has to realize what he is capable of and not want to be what he wanted to be prior to gaining the powers. For example in ASM movies bully Flash Thompson tried to do a kind thing at once after hearing Peter’s uncle died, but Thompsons is caught up in the responsibility of his previous actions that were horrid. There is no catharsis, only pain. Peter is now not the person he was earlier, there is Kintsugi (金継ぎ, "golden joinery") / kintsukuroi (金繕い, "golden repair")

Yet while Peter’s life sucks, once they find the plateau and the illusion of change, there is still joy and kindness with Peter and Spider-Man. Yes Parker has his infamous “Parker Luck” but he always recovers to find some form of his life is alright, and he is there for his neighborhood helping children and adult neighbors in need. The world kicks at Peter, but he kicks back, and he also gives amazing hugs.

—————

Of course this is why the Spider-Verse movie with Miles is the perfect Spider-Man movie 🥰 🍿

18. - Top - End - #138
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: The Good
    Show
    I loved seeing the three Peters together. Lots of fun.

Andrew Garfield - I am one of the seven people in the Milky Way galaxy that loved The Amazing Spider-Man movies and think Andrew Garfield was an excellent Peter/Spider-Man, so I was very excited to see him back. I thought his intro scene was hilarious and a much needed boost to the movie at the time it appears. Andrew's Peter arguing with MJ about how is he sticking to the ceiling and whether it's enough proof was awesome and captured his version of Peter perfectly.

Tobey McGuire - Tobey was great as the older, more mellow Peter that's been through it all already. The scene where he stops baby Spider-Man from killing Green Goblin was very moving, as he simply held onto the glider and looked him in the eyes without saying anything, quietly imparting his empathy, strength, and wisdom in that space. Excellent scene.

Tom Holland - I mean... I liked when he came up with team tactics, I guess?

I know this is a one-off but there's a lot of potential here and the greedy part of me wishes this had been a trilogy or something. It's a simple premise that's existed in the comics for a long time but seeing three different versions of Spider-Man together in a live action movie was tons of fun. And not only fighting but also in the lab doing science!

The two older Spider-Men sharing their experiences and giving their advise to Spider-boy was great as well, and even Tobey giving Andrew hope that he can still find love and have a partner was touching. All around a great premise and I enjoyed it.

Spoiler: The Bad
    Show
    The villains were a mess. I think by constraining itself to already existing versions of the villains, the story suffered.

Otto - The fight between Spider-Man and Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 is hands down one of the best comic book movie fights ever. On the one hand, it makes sense that they wouldn't try to replicate that, on the other hand, it's disappointing to have Doc Ock taken out of the fight so easily. Seeing a Doc Ock empowered with nano tech taking on three different Spider-Men at the same time would have been epic. Instead, he's taken over via bluetooth and becomes an ally.

Lizard - Mostly there just to fill out the Six. He doesn't do anything in this movie and his motivations are pointless. He doesn't die and he is supposedly plane shifted when he learns Peter's secret; there is no reason he would be against being sent back. Especially since his plan was near fruition and he had Spidey against the ropes.

Sandman - Sandman was an annoying villain in Spiderman 3 because they made him so sympathetic. He obviously didn't change between now and then because he's the same guy from that moment. I get him helping Spiderman at first, but then I don't really get him not helping later. He wants to go home, so he should be helping the Peters. He was mostly forgettable in this movie.

Electro - I don't think they new what to do with Max. Max is embittered and resentful and vengeful. And now, with power, maniacal. He wants to snuff out all of the light and hope in the world and kill Spiderman. So it's weird that he would accept a device that is going to drain him of all of his power. I know he says "something feels wrong", but that is still far too much "go with the flow" for someone that has some very strong feelings with a very limited worldview. Then after the final fight he is sort of again a normal more sympathetic person talking about how Spiderman helps people.

Osborne - I think he was mostly okay. We are very lucky that Aunt May found hobo Green Goblin and not Sandman or Lizard, because it is unlikely she would have given Peter the "we have to help everyone" speech standing in front of a human dynamo or sand monster.

Happy - Um... why did this successful, intelligent, powerful person turn into a bumbling idiot in this movie?

Ned - Man I wish someone in the writer's room was like "No, we can't just randomly give one of the characters super powers, even with a throwaway line about grandma..."

Humor - The awkward dialogue where each person is tripping over their words is very stale at this point. It can be done, but it can't be the major source of comedy in the movie; it is absolutely overdone at this point. The first half of the movie dragged on and I think a lot of it has to do with this MCU formulaic humor.

Dr. Strange - Unfortunately, the plot in this movie, IMO, asks too much of the audience. That Strange would cast a spell over the entire planet to help Ned and MJ get into MIT seems... ridiculous. Then it goes haywire and affects an infinite number of universes? Did Strange know this? Did he know that Peter just speaking around him could impact the spell that way? Seems entirely too reckless and criminal for Strange to do something like this.

Symbiote - I am always down to see the symbiote in a Spider-Man movie, but I'd be curious to see what, if anything, they do with it. Spider-Man has the Iron Spider suit, so the Symbiote doesn't seem like it could offer all that much more to Spidey. Unless he no longer will have the Iron Spider because of the DODC.

Spoiler: The Ugly
    Show
    Unfortunately I did not like the way Peter's lesson was delivered in this movie.

Aunt May's "moral crusade" is fine, but it has limits, and this movie doesn't appear to address that. "With great power comes great responsibility" doesn't mean that you help people no matter the consequences.

Unfortunately, in this movie Peter not only fights and traps his own ally (who trusts him and was trying to help him), he releases five super villains and then leads them right over to Aunt May, where they proceed to kill her.

Peter still ends up "curing" them all by the end of the film, and it seems that the moral is that everything that transpired is okay, because Peter helped a handful of super villains. This is a very hard pill to swallow. Strange is literally struggling to contain an infinite number of interdimensional intruders from invading their reality. Simply put, the crap that Peter did was way over the top and had such far-reaching consequences that there is no way it can be explained or justified by saying "with great power comes great responsibility".

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, the after credit was just cruel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, at least I have to bow to them for how masterfully they played us. First the Venom 2 after credit scene, then starting with Eddie in the aftercredit scene of No Way Home and then in one swift moment the tear it all away. Yes, a piece of Venom was left behind, but I wanted see the Tom Hardy Venom in the MCU

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by M1982 View Post
    Wow, the after credit was just cruel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, at least I have to bow to them for how masterfully they played us. First the Venom 2 after credit scene, then starting with Eddie in the aftercredit scene of No Way Home and then in one swift moment the tear it all away. Yes, a piece of Venom was left behind, but I wanted see the Tom Hardy Venom in the MCU
    On the one hand, I did too. On the other hand, he has no connection to any PP, not even the tenuous one the others shared. Reducing it to a teaser of things to come was honestly the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    My feelings about ASM are “complicated”, they did some amazing casting, and the two leads had charisma together … but everything else that was done choices wise I question or I did not like and it would be a long list which I will spare you and my own tummy (for it will tighten itself if I relieve it.)

I kind of hate Spider-Man movies for one of the things in my mind of the character, is he is different people at different ages, he has real growth. And once he reaches a certain stage in the comics they plateau him and he has the illusion of change. Likewise even in the space of little change there is an inner monologue of inner thoughts, with actions not necessary matching those thoughts two pages later (for Peter did the right thing), and thus there is a tension within Peter Parker. He is several different people at all times and that does not translate well to film.

For example Peter Parker is an angry boy as a nerd in high school, yet is still sympathetic, but he has flashes of anger / meanness, thus how he interacts with Flash before the powers and after the powers is key. But once he has the powers he has to realize what he is capable of and not want to be what he wanted to be prior to gaining the powers. For example in ASM movies bully Flash Thompson tried to do a kind thing at once after hearing Peter’s uncle died, but Thompsons is caught up in the responsibility of his previous actions that were horrid. There is no catharsis, only pain. Peter is now not the person he was earlier, there is Kintsugi (金継ぎ, "golden joinery") / kintsukuroi (金繕い, "golden repair")

Yet while Peter’s life sucks, once they find the plateau and the illusion of change, there is still joy and kindness with Peter and Spider-Man. Yes Parker has his infamous “Parker Luck” but he always recovers to find some form of his life is alright, and he is there for his neighborhood helping children and adult neighbors in need. The world kicks at Peter, but he kicks back, and he also gives amazing hugs.

—————

Of course this is why the Spider-Verse movie with Miles is the perfect Spider-Man movie 🥰 🍿
    My biggest problem with ASM is its huge preoccupation with destiny. Again I go back to Stan Lee's quote about how anyone could be under that mask if they're heroic/responsible enough, which of course carries through to Miles and how he seamlessly took up the mantle. The ASM movies' preoccupation with Peter's parents and building up a huge mythology and conspiracy around how and why he got the powers undermines that, and is in my mind a far bigger weakness than cramming in any number of extra villains and villain setups.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2021-12-28 at 10:14 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    My biggest problem with ASM is its huge preoccupation with destiny. Again I go back to Stan Lee's quote about how anyone could be under that mask if they're heroic/responsible enough, which of course carries through to Miles and how he seamlessly took up the mantle. The ASM movies' preoccupation with Peter's parents and building up a huge mythology and conspiracy around how and why he got the powers undermines that, and is in my mind a far bigger weakness than cramming in any number of extra villains and villain setups.
    Nods it was a mistake when Ultimate comics did this, and a similar story event in the 90s for Classic / Main Universe Spider-Man (Six Sixteen Universe). Yes there was a single “annual” story in 1968, but that was a one off and I do not take it seriously.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    On the one hand, I did too. On the other hand, he has no connection to any PP, not even the tenuous one the others shared.
    Which made it so great. His reaction to being told about all the supers in the world was priceless. I'd loved to see him meet some of those
    Last edited by M1982; 2021-12-29 at 04:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by M1982 View Post
    Which made it so great. His reaction to being told about all the supers in the world was priceless. I'd loved to see him meet some of those
    You know what, fair point. Getting to see him interact with a bunch of Avengers rather than being obsessed with Peter would have been fun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe what we need is for Peter to have his own run-in with the symbiote first, get scared/wary of THAT Venom, and then bring Tom's back permanently. Somehow!
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So does anyone know if the Morbius film is in the MCU or in the Venom/Sony universe?

Because in the trailer there's a picture of Spider-Man on a wall, but he also says (jokingly) to someone that he is Venom.

Given that we now know that Tom Hardy's Venom was only in the MCU universe for a short time and probably didn't interact with anyone outside of the vacation resort, we can assume the name Venom still isn't known in the MCU. But Spider-Man isn't known in Venom's timeline, either. So what is happening here?

25. - Top - End - #145

Given the Wong scene in NWH, I'm not going to trust much of anything we see in trailers for now, especially anything multiverse-related.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #146

Apparently there's reports now that Sony will be doing The Amazing Spider Man 3 with Andrew Garfield, and may have plans for Spider-Man 4 with Tobey. And may be looking to have Emma Stone return as Spider-Gwen.

Man... this would be amazing .

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai
    And may be looking to have Emma Stone return as Spider-Gwen.
    Onboard for this. I’m happy to leave the Toby and Garfield movies where they stood, but definitely willing to watch a Spider-Gwen movie.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Onboard for this. I’m happy to leave the Toby and Garfield movies where they stood, but definitely willing to watch a Spider-Gwen movie.
    I'm not familiar with Spider-Gwen at all but I loved Emma's Gwen onscreen so I'm down to see Spider-Gwen. But I think what I read is that Sony is looking to bring her back to TAS in a Spider-Gwen role, so if you get Spider-Gwen you also get the greatest Peter Parker/Spider-Man to ever grace the screen .

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
    I'm not familiar with Spider-Gwen at all but I loved Emma's Gwen onscreen so I'm down to see Spider-Gwen. But I think what I read is that Sony is looking to bring her back to TAS in a Spider-Gwen role, so if you get Spider-Gwen you also get the greatest Peter Parker/Spider-Man to ever grace the screen .
    If so I hope Sony has learned a few lessons over the years. There was a reason they stopped making those movies and let the MCU play with Spider-man for a while.

30. - Top - End - #150

I think The Amazing Spiderman movies suffered mostly from over-hyped negative PR online. The movies have flaws, but nothing approaching the bloodbath they received online. I chalk it up to the bandwagon effect, and I think, if it's true, that Sony is saying now the reception to Andrew Garfield in No Way Home has made it clear they can continue forward with the franchise, this supports that the original negative press to the movies was way overblown.