New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 5: Simply for the birds

Diabolic Visitation

"I think that's good enough for me." Prumathe smiles and takes a sip of the red wine. He's not a wine expert, however, so the subtleties of it are mostly missed. He's not really a drinker of alcohol, preferring soft drinks.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation
    Sekhmet's not any more knowledgeable about fine wine than Prumathe. She sips her glass and takes a nibble of cheese. "Uh, this is nice. To have you here, I mean "
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Diabolic Visitation

Prumathe is also quite interested in cheese. It's also something he knows more about, though still isn't quite a connoisseur. More somebody who grew up around halflings, who love their cheeses and so has experienced a wide range- from blue cheeses, waxed cheeses, smoked cheeses, goat cheeses and even occasionally even stranger stuff. Sekhmet's likely tried quite a few through their relationship; it's a bit of a comfort food for Prumathe, so he's usually had plenty about. "It's nice to be here, too. I mean, with you, eating cheese, in a palace."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

[The Great Inland Sea]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Keiko snaps to look at Hanako and the other hatchlings.

Shear current? Don't get too close - it's not like an above-water waterfall...

Caroline lets out a small yell as Keiko's warning comes a bit too late and Hanako is swiftly carried into the depths followed in short order by her siblings. Both Caroline and Keiko charge over as fast as they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Well, that didn’t last long. Without even taking time for admonishment Steven charges after his wife and the children.
    He probably should have prepared more water based spells for this.
    The hatchlings vanish over the edge one after the other, variously alarmed by Keiko's warning and then by how strong the current is. But, the current is still kind of exciting.

Cleo joins the others in racing over to the edge as quick as she can - which, well, she's a worse swimmer than all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    The current is tremendously strong at the drop-off, and everyone is whisked into the cold, dark depths.

Down, down, over two thousand feet deep the current caries everyone along until at last they reach a vast twilight plane where the current spreads out into a vast area and looses its pull.

Huh... kinda looks like home...

Keiko's observation bears quite a bit of merit - it does resemble the shadowy plane, though shades of blue instead of gray. The hatchlings look around in wonder, but Caroline notices something in the distance

There's a ... castle?

Over there.

She points into the distance, where the dark shape certainly resembles a castle of sorts.
    All the way down in these deeps, Cleo rounds up the hatchlings to be sure they don't get swept away by anything else.

But she pauses, looking out at the castle-shape.
    "Has that been there this whole time?"

"Castle?!" The kids know what their destination should be.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2022-01-20 at 10:34 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Despite the slightly condescending language, Aran smiles just a little.
    "Well, this is certainly my toughest-looking one. Gritty, sure. I don't know if the other two Masks I've tried on could be said to be the same. Has Ukry told you that she used the third as a scarf?"
    He leans back in his seat, looking up at the ceiling.
    "I like wearing one of the masks. While it's on I can feel the magic keeping it in place. It's nice to be able to feel what I've always been without." he shrugs.
    "And yeah, feeling big and tough is nice. Though honestly I do have just as much fun in the other one. But using that I'd have to crane my neck to look you in the eyes."
    Ukry's Grove

Grimmjaw gives a soft chuckle. The kid had spunk at least, though they might want to revisit what gritty meant, and whether someone who looked like a winter themed gym bro actually counted as gritty. There was a little bit of an eyebrow raise at Aran's comment on liking the mask, however. "Oh really? Perhaps it's just a hint of what yer missin' that makes yer like the way it feels then. Iffin' yer been feeling that yer always missed magic, there might be a reason for that, and a reason yer like having it so much now. Yer ever looked too deep into yer past sommat? Sometimes yer been supposed to have some magic or sommat and a fool in yer past blew the whole deal for yer whole line. Probably part of the reason the Ulfen didn't much like lettin' their ancestral rites out too far beyond the watch of the chiefs and such, keeps folks from blowing it for the rest of us."

Grimm gives his scraggled chin another scritch, the motion moving the wolf mask some in a way that makes the metal glint and shine in the dim firelight of Ukry's shop. "Isn't really too bad a deal to have options. If yer might notice, aye ain't the tallest chap around, at least in this form. But if aye twere tah come at yer shifted into my war form, it'd be a bit of a difference. That side o' me is quite a bit bigger than even the average war form, and built like a ton o' granite bricks." Somehow the short wolf manages to say this in a way that implies their already burly form isn't particularly heavily muscled, even though it looks like grimmjaw owns a 1500 cc cruiser bike and deadlifts it for fun. "Aye suppose th' real question is which form yer feel like fits yer needs the best, rather then what yer think is impressive. Ain't do a lick of good to put on airs around others when yer'd do better off just bein' what makes yer comfortable, yer know?"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

"As for why, my ancestor was a djinni. All of her descendants are men, all of us grow up with orange eyes and black hair, and all of us die peacefully of old age, portly and boring and bereft of anything you'd expect people descended from a djinni would have. My sister was the first girl born in the family pretty much ever, and she's got all of it. Which frankly makes me assume our ancestor messed with her children on purpose. Probably what she considered 'protection.'" Aran explains with some amount of bitterness. He's thought about this a lot.
    Aran crosses his arms at Grimmjaw's other comment, breaking eye contact. He clicks his claws against the table, looking between Grimmjaw and a point off to the side before letting out a loud huff.
    "Okay fine!"
    Poof!
    Aran sits on the table as a tiny teal dragon, his long furry body adorned with a tiny tool satchel.
    "You have no idea how frustratingly useful this shape is. Everyone needs to get into tiny places, heated up or turned and that sort of thing. The magitek lights up at my mere vicinity! Everyone has insisted I use it and within a week I'm practically a workshop mascot."
    Truly he is universally beloved.
    Just also tiny and with an aura that screams "I am warm and soft, pet me."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Halfling in the Playground

Double Date

"I've been told I have a very nice voice, but that's all,"
    Div says with a shrug, for his part. He doesn't know how much he'll be able to contribute. Maybe Radigal would like a piece of art? It's not the same as a song, but... he wasn't going to be anywhere near as good as Jaahlyn or Jim.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Double Date

Jim bows dramatically.
    "Jaahlyn, you wound me by insinuating I would ever say no to being part of the show." he assures her with a wink. He does reach into his bag and pull out a set of reed pipes.
    "I'd have brought my fiddle if you'd mentioned it. I can still play backup with these, I'm just not as good with them." They are in fact his third instrument but he felt like even if he's completely separated from satyr culture he might as well meet one of the usual expectations and know how to play panpipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Double Date]

"I don't play anything, no. Closest I ever got to performing was a karaoke we went to with Jim. It was fun, but... you know. Not really professional." Batu rubs the back of his neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Double Date

"I've been told I have a very nice voice, but that's all,"
    Div says with a shrug, for his part. He doesn't know how much he'll be able to contribute. Maybe Radigal would like a piece of art? It's not the same as a song, but... he wasn't going to be anywhere near as good as Jaahlyn or Jim.
    Double Date

"Yes, but you'd take too much attention away from me, Jim and I can't bear to have you as a rival on the stage." Jaahlyn jokes as she gestures at herself. "I'd be war up there."

Then she turns her attention to Div and Batu and it was clear they felt a bit left out here. "Erm, more seriously though. What about Jim and I play the melody while Div do the singing to Batu?" She suggests as she looks between the two. "It's a love song meant to be sung by a man to another man so it fits. All you need to do is to allow the music to inspire you for a couple of minutes. Its like playing karaoke in a way." The satyr's gaze meets Batu's. "You won't even have to sing. Just stand at a spot for a couple of minutes until the song is over. Div's tune will be inspired by my music so he won't have to worry either."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

[Double Date]

Batu blushes, his green skin taking on a darker hinge. He stammers and stutters for a few moments before managing a coherent response. Neither Div nor Jim should be surprised by this; it's just the way Batu is.

"I- uh. I mean, having Div sing a love song to me sounds great, actually. Really romantic. I'll try not to melt while I listen to it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

"As for why, my ancestor was a djinni. All of her descendants are men, all of us grow up with orange eyes and black hair, and all of us die peacefully of old age, portly and boring and bereft of anything you'd expect people descended from a djinni would have. My sister was the first girl born in the family pretty much ever, and she's got all of it. Which frankly makes me assume our ancestor messed with her children on purpose. Probably what she considered 'protection.'" Aran explains with some amount of bitterness. He's thought about this a lot.
    Aran crosses his arms at Grimmjaw's other comment, breaking eye contact. He clicks his claws against the table, looking between Grimmjaw and a point off to the side before letting out a loud huff.
    "Okay fine!"
    Poof!
    Aran sits on the table as a tiny teal dragon, his long furry body adorned with a tiny tool satchel.
    "You have no idea how frustratingly useful this shape is. Everyone needs to get into tiny places, heated up or turned and that sort of thing. The magitek lights up at my mere vicinity! Everyone has insisted I use it and within a week I'm practically a workshop mascot."
    Truly he is universally beloved.
    Just also tiny and with an aura that screams "I am warm and soft, pet me."
    Ukry's Grove

Grimmjaw gives a small snuff, remaining lip curling into what could be considered a smile. "Cute." There is a weighty pause from the warrior, then they walk over to the far side of the room, working on organizing some shelf space, placing new potions in different places, moving a runemarked object or two here and there. "I appreciate yer makin' a bit of a tool pouch. It's good to have sommat yer trust close by yer side, especially if yer keeping the tools in good condition. I'd expect that yer probably got some strength for yer size, even in that small a form too. Seems convenient." There is a long pause from the old wolf, his eye slowly searching over the room. "And it's not a bad thing to be well liked by coworkers or compatriots. Seems tah' me like yer tryin' teh act like yer wanting more magic, but yer might be a hair jealous too; I bet there's plenty around yer now who are jus' as jealous of yer getting new powers and forms dropped into yer lap."

The stout man leans over the counter, running a cloth over the far edge to clean some of the dust that had gathered overnight away. "If yer happpy in a form, and others are happy around yer in that form, yer can bet someone is gunna be anglin' to get over a nasty green monster in their past too. It's a shame 'bout the work of yer ancestors, but yer might not want to pry Ukry too hard for help there. Ancestry, heritage, and things like names carry a great deal of power, and while the witch will change those things, the cost may be more than yer expecting." There is a gentle creak, as wood groans under the leaning elbow of Grimm. "However, if yer were to keep working at getting yer transforms down a bit better, yer might only need to trade knowledge for the witch to seal them runes into onna' mine tattoos such that folks can't take that bit away from yer none too easy. They'll want knowledge though, probably a kind of magic they ain't yet control if I had ter guess their typical price." There is a slow, knowing nod from the ulfen, before he motions to a row of delicate porcelain bridal jugs, each depicting a scene with what looked to be the witch Ukry on one side, and a spellcaster of one kind or another on the other. The really interesting part was the wide array of emotions expressed on the mages faces; Some bear the joy of great successes, others could fool a person into believing they were a tragic mask of theater. In the middle of each pair was a softly glowing symbol, one with air, another with a tree, one with a heart, another a skull.... too many to count. Even stranger was that while there only seemed to be around 20ish pots, the image changed on them the second one let it pass out of their vision.

"I used to wonder what they planned for all them magics, though I've long since found it better not ter ask."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

"Envious, you mean? Of course I was, and am. I've got coworkers with muscles you wouldn't believe from just light exercise, more fit than you'd ever hope to be and attractive for their species and magic sparking from their fingertips? I'd be surprised if anyone didn't feel a little inadequate. And I am not cute." insists the exceptionally cute dragon.
    "I'm not giving my Name to anyone, not even someone who helped me. I'm sure they'll understand that there's limits. I might have some untapped magic though..."
    He did receive a particularly odd Thanksmas present. It's not knowledge but it is something physical he could trade.
    "Not something I personally understand but have to offer."

12. - Top - End - #192

[Double Date]

"But, um," Div begins, almost as flustered by this as Batu. He likely stumbles over Batu's stammering as the other lad tries to find his words. "What do you mean, 'inspire'? How will I know the words?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #193

[Double Date]

"Um..." Jaahlyn strokes her chin. "Well, you played that game... karaoke, Jim explained it to me. It will be a bit like that. But instead of someone singing for you the lyrics and the way to sing them will just fall into your head. All you need to do is open your mouth really." A warlock would have compared this to possession by fey but Jaahlyn wouldn't know those terms.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Double Date

Jim nods to Batu and Div.
    "I've been under the influence of Jaahlyn's powers before. I promise you that they're safe." he assures them.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

[Double Date]

Batu doesn't look any less flustered than before, but now he's also uncertain. Still...

"If you say so, then I trust you," he tells Jim, looking to Div to see if he agrees.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

"I think yer misunderstand. The witch is a fair bit more reserved than yer typical 'I'll take that magic and yer can't got any of it no more' that yer see in children's fables. In a way they are both stronger, and more dangerous than that. Instead, all they need is to see and feel the magic; in fact were they to simply walk the halls of yer work, if it were as magic as yer sayin', they'd doubtless walk away with several." The ulfen man pauses, then stretches softly before opening a few draws and starting to pull out some measurement instruments, each antiqued and well used, but kept in a meticulous degree of care that ensures incredible precision. Working deftly, the wolf man begins to weigh and sort small capsules and packets, many with a glow or sheen that looks almost unnervingly irradiated. "As fer yer name, doubtless if it wanted that, it'd have taken that already."

Grimmjaw's work continues, and about halfway through, he motions to the other instrument, a bit of glassware graduated for measurements. "Measure some of that swirling red fluid into there. 5 units, doesn't have to be exact, it's just a carrier to keep the pain down. Careful though, it tends to crawl, like a slime mold." There is an air of grudging respect in the action, as if the warchief trusts Aran to do the action adequately, and so can focus elsewhere. "So then, other than work, and dote over a creature yer just met, what do yer get up to? In ulfen lands there'd be plenty of drinkin' and fighting to ensure the pups stay strong, but this place seems to be long divorced from such wildling life. Too much concern over rent and the like. I can't see yer in any gangs, least not of your own volition, and yer don't seem like yer'd be one to sing, dance, or entertain... Is there sommat that yer fill your time with?" Grimmjaw continues to work as he questions, the short chief going through the motions like they've done it many thousands of times... A few capsules here, powder from what looks to be a snake skull there, a bit of tar that smells of ozone. It's strangely calm and meditative, though there is always an air of something more deep in the actions.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran hops up onto the table and gets to mixing. Despite being only slightly bigger than a ferret he's as strong at least as a human child. Handling mixing containers isn't a problem for him.
    "...I like building things. Inventions, models. Scrap sculptures. Anything really." Aran's painting has recently become significantly more precise, to the point that he has been asked directly if he got a cybernetic implant or shrunk himself to do so. It happens more often than you might think in Inside.
    "And other than that my sister and I read a lot. It comes from being from a long line of librarians." The LaRouge library is old and not terribly big. But it's big enough to take a lifetime to get through it all if one so desires.
    He frowns at being considered 'doting' on Ukry, and frankly this seems complicated for a painkiller but he's not going to deny Grimmjaw his little pleasures. He can see a craftsman in their element and doing things how they want.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Grimmjaw nods taking each bit and beginning to mix them together, the strange liquid Aran was helping him with seeming to writhe and squirm like an animal struck as each ingredient was added, before eventually settling into what looks like a simmer without heat. "Ah, yes, crafts. I suppose that would be a natural progression for someone of an engineering persuasion." Grimm removes his mask, mercifully shifting so that Aran only catches a a few moments glimpse of the bleached white of bone laced in an unnatural scar pattern, flesh stripped away to the far extent of where the mask covers. The wolf dips fingers into the foul gel, pulling up a bit and running it along flesh and bone in a faint sizzle. "It's been a long time since I were afforded long enough to think about crafts. I may well have to find some, there is value in many things that provoke deeper thought." The process takes about a minute, but then Grimm finishes, the small mixing bowl empty and the mask reapplied. The glimpses that Aran can catch seem to show that the strange ooze is rebuilding an almost imperceptibly small amount of the face, or at least staving off a crawling continuation of the wound.

"Reading, however, I do much of. There are a number of resources for tradition and battle that are always valuable to keep around and well read." Grimmjaw makes a half nod toward the back rooms of the area, before starting to pack the different objects away. There is a brief bit of mumbling about days worth of supplies, the old ulfen seeming to count amounts of the strange medicines and odd ingredients. "Might havefta go hunting venomous snakes again. Running low on the skulls. As for yer talk of libraries, that seems fairly intriguing to me... I suppose here they must be fairly large and encompassing. Most libraries I've found use of were single subject, or information from spies and scouts, but a large enough one to cover other things could be a place to lose quite a bit of time." Grimm pauses, tightening some areas of the mask to make it sit a little better. "Your sister then, yer spend much time with her? Or is family as troubling as work for yer?"

19. - Top - End - #199

[Double Date]

"Well... okay!" Div manages. This didn't sound so bad. He wished singing was so easy normally! Safety wasn't really a concern to begin with. Jaahlyn seemed perfectly harmless, and he trusts both Jim and Batu. "Let's do it!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #200

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

Eun sighs as she crosses another day off her calendar, noticing the rapidly diminishing gap between now and Angela's Day. This time of year is always a little depressing for her; when friends and loved ones all call attention to the fact that they are in a loving relationship and she is not. It's been slightly mitigated in recent years, due to the extremely high rate of single-hood among ARC agents, but here at VIGIL, that... sort of wasn't the case. She hasn't been keeping up with the romance scene around here, but she knows Geneva has a husband and kids, Anika and Blanche are sort of an item, Wenomir's got someone (she doesn't remember who, having never met them) and presumably so does Cessie... even Felicity's been showing signs of having a crush on somebody around here (but she doesn't have any idea who). The Lonely Hearts Club is going to have a pretty short membership list this year.

Eun collapses into her seat as the nine cats she shares a room with pile into her lap, eager to bring her some comfort in these trying times. It'll all be okay, they seem to be saying, because you at least have us.

Eun smiles sadly and pets the one closest to her. They're really sweet little creatures, but no substitute for some real human companionship. She just wishes she could find someone...
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-02-03 at 12:08 AM.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry’s Grove

”Our family library is wonderful. Not huge but not tiny. And I could have had it, too. Anri offered to split it. But I couldn’t take even half from her. Not when I had dreams of my own to fulfill.”
    The tiny dragon continues to look cute as he stares wistfully off to the side.
    ”Me and my sister are fine. I mean she got magic and I didn’t which stings. But hers just appeared recently and it’s been trouble for her as it manifested. She’ll get control eventually. But that’s why I don’t just ask her to fix my problem.”
    There’s a very low but real chance of him wishing for internal magic and winding up a golem or something odd if the wish magic gets away from her.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Did someone say cats? Everyone loves cats. Especially Eun’s guest, who just manifested to her left just out of view. She certainly didn’t use the door. Eun definitely would have noticed if a stocky, matronly woman of indeterminate age walked in. Quadruply so if said woman had a black and white mother cow for a lower body. Subtly is not something tauric folk are often good at.
    ”Oh dear. An unconscious summoning? You must be desperate. Hello, dear. I don’t smell any animals other than your friends here so this must be about a boy or a baby.” Her presence is oddly homey. Like the image of a relative from the country who’d have pie ready when you visit. And yet her blouse sparkles just a little bit in the light, as if ice was woven into some of it.

22. - Top - End - #202

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

Eun stiffens at the sound of footsteps in her room, as she hadn't heard anyone come in and certainly wasn't expecting anyone. She slowly turns her head as the cow-lady walks into her field of view, staring at her in wide-eyed shock. "W-w....w-....who're you?!" She squeaks, skipping right past the bit about unconscious summoning.

Well. At least she's not screaming her head off about an intruder. This is more like her mother paying an unexpected visit (only this lady is clearly not her mother, she's not nearly Scottish enough).

The cats, meanwhile, don't respond aversely to the woman's sudden presence. The one Eun's petting just emphatically rubs his head against her hand, reminding her what she was doing before the cow-lady came in. Two of them hop down from the chair and wander over to the newcomer, one rubbing up against her forelegs and the other playfully attempting to catch her tail.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry does wonder why no one ever calls her in any of her other aspects. Walter and Wicke have both had their wolf selves summoned but no one's ever talked to her in hers.
    "My name is Winry, as in Wintry. Goddess of homesteads and growth and change and also mothery things sometimes." she waves a hand. "I'm no one really in the grand stage of deities so us minor gods answer all the blank prayers people send out. And you've been mentally screaming into the void for help all day. So. What's the trouble?" she rests her chin on a hand though she does not sit down.

24. - Top - End - #204

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

Did... did Winry just claim to be a goddess? Like an actual, verifiable goddess?! And a small-time one at that, implying a much bigger and more powerful cosmic pantheon. That's... wow. That's going to irreparably shatter Eun's worldview. Not that she didn't think such a thing could exist, she was just under the impression they'd be a little more secretive, and not the sort of thing she could accidentally call to her living room.

So there's going to be a few minutes of bewildered stuttering and stammering between that revelation and an actual response.

"I... I what?" She finally says, massaging her cat's head with her fingers. "Have I been... screaming?" She winces. "Sorry, I... that must be really uncomfortable for you. Having someone scream at you without realizing it, I mean. I'll... I'll tone it back." Somehow.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Oh dear. So that's what she's working with. She's going to need to work on this one's spine. Luckily her shape makes her very experienced with having a lot of spine!
    "No no, I mean you've got a lot of pent-up emotional distress. Distress which is at least tangentially related to things in my purview. And if that isn't something farm-related, it's usually family-related. The cause and the effect. Boys or babies."
    What she's saying is that if someone calls her, they usually need help getting a date or having a child. Or they need their horse to have her foal safely.

26. - Top - End - #206

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

"Oh. I... um... I think you might have the wrong room, then." Eun cringes. "I don't really have a family anymore, and certainly not a... a boy..." She stands and starts nervously making her way over to her little kitchen-space, tapping her Hotbox to produce a cup of coffee. "I mean, could you imagine? I'd probably seize up if I got anywhere near someone interested in me, never mind all the stuff that comes later." She gestures down at herself with a little sigh. "I'd make a terrible girlfriend, to say nothing of a wife or... or a mother, god forbid."

mrrrrow? One of the cats objects, rubbing against her leg.

"Not the same, Babo." Eun sighs and shakes her head. "I'm sorry. I know you're probably just here to help, but... I'd be wasting your time."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry's hooves clop on the floor as she follows along, smiling.
    "Ah, there's the problem! You have no confidence. You can't let this become a self-fulfilling prophecy! You think you'll do everything wrong so you don't try. But that's silly!
    And don't try to tell me you don't actually want to meet someone. I'm not goddess of love directly, but even I can feel that there's a need. So! "
    Winry's bovine ears flick mischievously.
    "What's the root of all this? Do you think you're not pretty enough? Are people just intimidating? Or do you just have trouble reconciling you and what you want to do? I'm not judging. I've been through all of that. And let me tell you, finding a date is a lot harder when you have a horse or a cow for a behind, even without divine things being involved. But looks and confidence and possibly a very efficient disguise are all things I can do."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Diabolic Visitation

Prumathe is also quite interested in cheese. It's also something he knows more about, though still isn't quite a connoisseur. More somebody who grew up around halflings, who love their cheeses and so has experienced a wide range- from blue cheeses, waxed cheeses, smoked cheeses, goat cheeses and even occasionally even stranger stuff. Sekhmet's likely tried quite a few through their relationship; it's a bit of a comfort food for Prumathe, so he's usually had plenty about. "It's nice to be here, too. I mean, with you, eating cheese, in a palace."
    Sekhmet isn't a connoisseur of cheese either. But it's good cheese with just a hint of hellfire and brimstone.
    "It's not just that. Uh, I don't have many friends here. All these, uh, people, uh, they're my subjects and I'm their queen, and, uh, that means they can't be my friends. It's, uh, a conflict of interest."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #209

[Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu]

"...I don't know." Eun says quietly, taking a seat at her table. "...No, I mean I really don't know. I haven't met anyone I could picture spending my life with. I haven't been out on a date in... not since I was at the Academy. I don't even hang out with my friends anymore. I just... don't really know how to be around people, I guess?"

Depending on how deep Winry's supernatural senses run, she might be able to pick up on some particularly prominent worries in Eun's mind, but she's understandably reluctant to talk about things like throwing a desk lamp at her boss. That's a bad look to give someone she just met.

"And it's not just that. I don't think I could really handle a date in the first place, speaking generally. I'm tired all the time. I can't go out because everything's too loud, too bright, too... just too much. And I've got loads of work and no time to stop for a cup of coffee with someone after hours." She sighs and shakes her head. "Would you date someone like me? I wouldn't."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bu

Winry leans forward. "Hm. So you're saying it's nothing to do with your self-image. But you need more stamina, both physically and mental. You need more energy and be less emotionally drained around people. Well, if anything I am goddess of workhorses in the literal sense.
    Anything else? Because if that's it, I can take a crack at it. You have to ask, though. I don't do miracles except on request."
    it's for legal reasons. And because of that one time with the fox girl.