New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default If Malak Survived…

Malak was planning on releasing Vampire Durkom for his control after the gate business was concluded.

Either Malak kills Nale or they just both escape that encounter "alive," barely matters.

My question is, Malak brings Greg back to Bleedingham and releases him from his thrall.
    What’s Greg’s next move? Would he ask Malak for help rigging the Godsmoot? Would Malak help him if asked?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: If Malak Survived…

I don't think HPoH would be willing to tell the truth to Malack, given that Malack seems pretty dead-set on building a lasting empire in this world, which is contrary to Hel's plan. I think he'd use the Empire's resources to get ahold of a teleportation item without telling Malack what it is for, and use it to get to the Godsmoot.

There is another possibility that I think is less likely but is amusing to think about. Hel can't grant clerical powers to the living, but she has no trouble giving cleric powers to undead. Malack has personal power to create lots of undead, and the societal power to avoid being easily killed by a low-level adventuring party. Malack also has plans to speed up the process later. Maybe HPoH and Malack (or Hel and Nergal) could make a deal to supply HPoH with lots of new undead who could become clerics of Hel. That would allow Hel to gain clerics in this world, while still giving her the option to seize control when the Snarl gets closer to destroying everything. The trouble being I'm not sure why Malack or Nergal would want to go along with such a plan.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

The answer depend on this: how did Nergal vote? This knowing that in the western pantheon "yes" won...

If Nergal voted yes probably Hel knows this, and in this case Greg could simply tell Malak the truth and then going to the Godsmoot is easy; and without the Order (that has no way to know what is happening) the world simply goes Ka-Boom.

If Nergal voted no, Hel may not trust Nergal enough to tell the truth and risk everything on Nergal's sense of democracy. But Greg would tell Malak another truth: the fact that he wants to go north to the dwarven land to get revenge. This is something Malak would understand. But if he doesn't understand, and tell Greg to try to enjoy his new (un)life, Greg is still a high rated guest of the Empire, so I bet that a smart vampire like him can get his hand on some kind of teleportation device. Or some other kind of vehicle. He is powerfull enough to escape Malak and probably Malak wouldn't be willing to follow him, and even if he would, maybe he couldn't as Greg is smart and strong.
    Then Greg goes north, votes and as the Order can't be there, the world goes Ka-Boom (again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    New suggestion: the MitD is an Italian Protean. Mamma mia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Eyyy, I'm-a shiftin' da shapes and-a helping my amico Signore Stiffliano escape! Easyducio! Bada bing!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

That was a good analysis.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesy View Post
    If Nergal voted yes probably Hel knows this,
    Would she? Hel saw how the Northern Gods voted, and how the Western Pantheon as a whole voted, but does she know the individual votes of the other pantheons?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Can't she simply ask?