New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Custom temp hp feat/item ability

So my girlfriend and me were thinking of a temp hp feat/item ability. For kicks and giggles really. Was wondering what everyone else though of it. Also let me know if there are any spelling errors or grammar errors. I am not the best at translating what makes sense in my head to words others can read lol.

Inextinguishable Life

For two minutes a day, as a free action, whenever you complete a successful attack (As in an attack that hits. Whether this is a spell, a weapon or anything that requires you to roll a d20 to hit it counts.) choose up to your cha, int, or wis, (attribute chosen when feat is chosen or in the case of an item when item is created) modifier of creatures within 10 ft of you (For the purpose of this ability you are a creature within 10ft of you). Roll a 1d8. Creatures chosen gain that much in temporary health points. You can not choose a creature more then once.

This ability can only effect organic creatures. Creatures that are half or part organic gain half temporary health points. Dm discrepancy on what half or part organic is.

This ability can effect undead as they are organic.

At level 6 roll 2d6 for temporary health. At level 11 roll 2d8 for temporary health. At level 16 roll 2d10 for temporary health.

At level 6 the radius for this ability increases to 15ft. At level 11 the radius for this ability increases to 20ft.

At level 20 add ability modifier to die rolls.

Duration does not need to consecutive. You may turn off this ability as a free action. Keeping the remaining time for the rest of the day.

The temporary health points gained from this ability wither away after an hour. Each time you gain temporary health from this ability reset this hour.

Temporary health gained this way stacks with itself. Temporary health gained this way does not stack with any other temporary health from other sources.

You may only gain a maximum temporary health from this ability up to your missing health. Example: Fred as current health of 10. Fred's maximum health is 50. Fred can only gain maximum temporary health of 40 from this ability. Which is his maximum hp - his current hp. Fred gets heal by a cleric for 10 points. His current health is now 20. The difference is now 30 instead of 40. Fred's maximum temporary health from this ability is now 30.

The temporary health points gained from this ability stabilize a creature if they are dying for as long as they have these temporary health points.

Description

By using unnatural magic you force creatures around you to continue to exist.

Alternative Description

By pure force of mind, will, or personality those around you will not die.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Custom temp hp feat/item ability

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Moved to Homebrew.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Custom temp hp feat/item ability

An item that gives your party temp hp sounds like a great tool to have in your back pocket.

I would also add, I don't think there's a reason to restrict this to "organic" unless you really want to. Already-existing powers I can think of that grant temp hp don't usualy have this restriction, and Warforged are fairly popular.