New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default 4X Fantasy Strategy Game PbP - Homebrew Ruleset

City Wars is a cross between group storytelling and a fantasy-based 4X (think Civilization but with magic). In City Wars you take control of a bronze age society that has established its first city. This capital serves as the core of your civilization and control of it is critical to a player's survival in the game.

A player's domain of influence is marked on the map in a color appropriate to the player. This represents the influence of their city-state and allied concerns. You may align yourself with a great dragon who rules a mountain range with an iron fist or a minor tribe with access to valuable magical resources. Both would be represented on the map as your area of influence but you would need to maintain the terms of that alliance to maintain that influence.

Ultimately, while war and magic are both tools you can use to expand your influence, diplomatic agreements will generally be cheaper and more effective whenever possible.

Your city comes with inhabitants who must be fed and kept safe from roaming monsters, plagues, and other dangers inherent to the world. Manage your economy, military, culture, and morale to bring your city to the topmost rungs on the ladder of power.

City Wars attempts to model the trials of whole societies as they struggle to survive and flourish. Can your people thrive under such harsh conditions? Can your people dominate the landscape to become the most powerful of the cities?

I wrote a set of rules available here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...KoIF-7pbA/edit

If you want to talk about the rules but want more of a conversation, I'm available on discord @ ChaosCircle#9506.

I'm mainly looking for feedback on said rules at the moment and to see if there is enough interest its worth making an actual game (i.e. maps and what not) of it.
    Last edited by ChaosCircle; 2021-11-22 at 05:35 PM.