New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

[Awkward Reunions]

"My definition of a god may be somewhat broader than that of most people. Many gods in my homeworld are fairly humble... as gods go. It was my duty to bring them to heel when they overstepped." This sounds like bragging, but Calm Reed doesn't give that impression. Either it's actual humility or she just has a superhuman poker face. Quite possibly both. "Power without finesse is dangerous. You could do more damage than you already have."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

Oh. That might explain why she was so loose with the compliment. Braon tries not to look too disappointed.

"Nah. You're thinking of power without control." Braon replies, scratching at a spot under her chin. "I have control, or at least as much as I've ever had. I'm not gonna hurt anyone, honestly. Maybe. Depends on what you consider 'hurt'." She quickly amends. "You're not going to see another rampage, basically. I... wasn't quite myself back then." She wraps her scarf back up around her face as she talks. "Don't get me wrong, slapping things around with those vines was cathartic, and it was nice having people listen to me for once, even if they were wretched little snotbags. But wanton destruction just isn't my mug of rum. It's... difficult, to look back at what I did objectively, but when I do... I'd rather not." She shivers a little, and given how she's bundled up, it's probably not from the cold.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #273

[Table]

The slimegirl reaches out to the fallen hot cookies to absorb their heat.
    Most of her, however, sticks by the man.

She sticks close.
    Then, after warming up and having time to think, she starts thinking about what he said.
    It's awkward...?
    Oh!
    She backs up, feeling a little embarrassed.
    'Sorry', she mouths.

[Harley]

Harley and her baby, now free, go over to a table to see if there's anything Harley wants. She holds her baby to see over her shoulder, since she's sure Manja would prefer looking at everything else.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #274

[Short and Sweet]

"...Hey, Redmont." Rose begins suddenly, noticing a certain someone who shared her taste in hats. "Do you guys have a Santa where you come from?"

"...What's a Santa?" Siana asks, blinking uncomprehendingly.

Rose smiles and points to Spako. "There's one." She says with a little bit of a lilt. "It's a persona some people put on around the holidays. A kind old man in a red suit that gives out presents to good kids."

"Oh. Neat." Siana grins, giving him a little wave.

"You want to go see if he has one for you?"

"What? I... oh. I'm, uh... not exactly a kid." Siana points out.

"You're not exactly an adult either. Besides, you just got through implicitly telling me you didn't get much of a childhood. Between that, and a bit of home cooking..." She foists the bag of gingerbread onto Siana. "I'm sure he'll be willing to accomodate you."

The strigoi looks down at the bag and back up at "Santa". "...I don't know, it still feels a bit cheat-y..."

Rose leans over and whispers in her ear. "The guy looks bored out of his skull; you'll be doing him a favor. Just go up and give him the cookies. If he thinks you should get a present, he'll give you one. If not, you've still done a good deed."

"...You know what? Yeah." Siana grins. "Be right back, I'm going to go spread some Coffadydd cheer!"

"Thanksmas."

"Some Thanksmas cheer!" Siana corrects herself, limping up to Spako as quickly as she can manage.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Hearth

Mr. C will sit there, suddendly having a glas sof warm choclate and his color turns back from blue to green.

"Puh, kinda close."
    he says in normal speech. "I do have a talent for getting stuck. I should really complain to the host. The paths are not small creature friendly. But well, thanks anyway. Are you with Felandria by any chance?"
    Reginald nods and chitters happily.

He then gets up on his hind legs and stands up straight as though to indicate that, yes, the very tall lady is his.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

"You seem earnest." Calm Reed has the tone of someone who is quite adept at telling when a person isn't. "Power corrupts when given to a person ill-ready for it. As it appears to have happened to you. You appear to have funnelled your resentment into your destructive rampage."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #277

[Awkward Reunions]

"Oh, look at that, goregous and intelligent." Braon replies, in a tone that's meant to imply "no kidding, Sherlock". "Of course I had a chip on my shoulder back then. I still do. But there's no sense in taking it out on... I mean, not like that." She sighs and leans against the wall, shaking her head.

"At the time, I remember thinking I was working to make people turn out like me. Angry, bitter... maybe a little scared of the world around them. I don't quite remember what my rationale was. But I also know I wouldn't wish that on anyone now. My life sucks enough when it's just mine; can you imagine if everyone was like me? Ugh." She turns to see that her cup of eggnog had skittered over to join them, and not wanting the effort to go to waste, she scoops it up and takes a swig, spitting a globule of dirt out onto the ground.

"But I guess that's enough about me. What's your story, lady?" Braon inquires, picking dead grass from her teeth.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

A Very Beary Thanksmas

The bear just looks at the two people and shrugs. He's not feeling overly concerned about this at the moment.
    Mostly because the necklace came from a magic Thanksmas sock, gifts from that are never bad. He's sure they'll think of something sooner or later.

Santa's Throne

Siana will find the horse-sized dragon curled on the throne, scales glittering.
    "Hello Miss. What can Santa do for you this year?" he asks pleasantly. One of his hatchlings perches between his horns and yawns at Siana.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #279

[Santa's Throne]

"Actually, it's more what I can do for you." Siana beams, holding out the tote bag full of gingerbread. "I mean, really, more what she..." she nods toward Rose, who flashes her a pair of thumbs-up, "...can do for you. I'm just the delivery girl. What I'm trying to say is, um... Happy Thanksmas?" She gives a slightly nervous smile and holds the bag open so Spako can see and sample its contents.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Kids These Days

"Wow, really?" Anastasia giggles, but not for the reason Eliseo might expect. "Well, I guess you've just always been so energetic, huh?" She elbows Eliseo and gives him a teasing little grin. "It's okay, I can keep him out of trouble for you - unless you'd rather he run wild instead?"
    [Kids These Days]

"Oh, you're the responsible one, are you? Not a co-troublemaker?" Nadia puts her finger on her chin, as if contemplating that. "I think that remains to be seen, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." She chuckles.

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"Does this thing come with an off switch?" Michalson has a sneaking suspicion it does not. "I could try to suppress it long enough for him to take it off, otherwise."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    A Very Beary Thanksmas

The bear just looks at the two people and shrugs. He's not feeling overly concerned about this at the moment.
    Mostly because the necklace came from a magic Thanksmas sock, gifts from that are never bad. He's sure they'll think of something sooner or later.
    [A Very Beary Thanksmas]

Anika scratches her head. "Uh, it wasn't like it told me." That power was Santa's alone. "But hey, he doesn't seem too concerned, right?" Anika pats the Aran bear on the head. "So it's probably cool. Anyway, you know that there was like a... evil clone of Ithuriel walking around at one point, right? Caused C-command to burn down her entire office and pissed me the frik off." That was years ago, Anika.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

"I am Calm Reed, a monk of the Immaculate Order. Stranded here in the Nexus." The bald woman regards Braon with the same dispassionate scrutiny as before. "My role in my homeworld was to ensure proper order and hierarchy of society, so that the commoners respect their betters, while receiving the protection they deserve in turn. And make certain power is used righteously. Your... episode in Inside shows that my role is as important here as in my homeworld."

13. - Top - End - #283

[Awkward Reunions]

"So, to make a long-winded story short, you're a cop." Braon replies, flicking away a beetle that had somehow found itself out of season and in her cup. Calm Reed struck her as the kind of person who might get annoyed at that sort of reduction.

"Well, then, I think we can skip the next few pages of the script." Braon swirls around the drink in her hands, putting on a stoic expression in imitation of the monk. "You. You are a scumbag. I will try to be subtle in my saying so because that is more 'classy', but truly, if I could nail you to the wall this moment, I would." She then crinkles her face in a disgusted grimace. "Oh, but you're an arrogant stuffed shirt with less empathy than a rock, going on about 'honor' and 'order' and affafafafaffaaffak." She resumes her usual, annoyed expression and makes a "turn around and go away" gesture with her finger. "How about we get to the part of the conversation where you decide I annoy you too much and you have better things to do with your time, so you give me a vaguely ominous threat about watching my back and/or behaving myself, and then storm off like a toddler?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

Calm Reed frowns. Given her usual stoicism, this is not a minor reaction.

"I have no interest in being vague. If you do again what you have done in Inside before, I will snap your neck and wish you better judgment in your next life. You are not the first to speak to me thus. You will not be the last."
    Last edited by Morty; 2022-02-11 at 02:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Awkward Reunions

"Oh, blah-de-blah-BLAH." Braon snarks, tossing away her drink. The skin around her eyes crinkles a little as a wicked idea works its way into her skull, and she can't suppress the urge to grin at it. "So uncreative with those threats of yours. I think I know now exactly who I'm dealing with." Braon begins pacing, breaking into the same sort of stride as her uncle whenever he felt the need to monologue. "And it's honestly sort of pathetic. Here you stand, with a confessed murderer, child kidnapper, career thief and all around general shoe scraping in front of you. You know she's made trouble before, and she's probably going to do it again, no matter what she says." The fiendling grins. "My, the problems you could solve right now if it were permitted. She's so close and yet beyond your reach. Because here and now isn't when you're 'supposed' to deal with her." She grins, stepping up less than a foot from Calm Reed's face. "Who decided that, anyway? What authority is there holding you back? Not your order, surely. Not the law of the land. What is it? Word of one friend? Am I close?" She pulls down her scarf and flashes Calm Reed a mouth full of wicked, needly teeth. "Oh, but whatever it is, it's worse than foot-thick chains for you, isn't it? You could break those if you needed to. But someone tells you not to throw me through a wall, and it binds you more than steel ever could. How ironic... and pitiful."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #286

Kids These Days

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullara View Post
    [Kids These Days]

"Oh, you're the responsible one, are you? Not a co-troublemaker?" Nadia puts her finger on her chin, as if contemplating that. "I think that remains to be seen, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." She chuckles.

"I-I mean, I think I get into trouble far less than him, so. Like, y'know, responsible in comparison." The kitsune smooths back some of the hair tucked behind her ear, suddenly a little nervous at being the center of focus. I mean, didn't she end up getting help from the Rizzos in the first place because Eliseo found her trying to lockpick her way in? The girl's clearly more capable of getting into trouble than she looks.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Reindeer Games
    Jade darts through the building frantically, using her small size to her advantage.
    She's seen the kobolds on staff here. There must be warrens around here somewhere. Foxes are good at crawling into small holes, once she gets into a warren, she'll be safe.
    But of course the warrens would be hidden. It looks bad to have holes in your castle walls. But with Reuma hot on her heels, she doesn't have time to watch the kobolds and see where they go.
    So she winds up in the hot springs, trying to keep the pool in between herself and her pursuer. Four paws are a lot more stable on wet stone than two hooves, but of course Jade has nowhere left to run and hide.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Santa's Throne]

"Actually, it's more what I can do for you." Siana beams, holding out the tote bag full of gingerbread. "I mean, really, more what she..." she nods toward Rose, who flashes her a pair of thumbs-up, "...can do for you. I'm just the delivery girl. What I'm trying to say is, um... Happy Thanksmas?" She gives a slightly nervous smile and holds the bag open so Spako can see and sample its contents.
    Santa's Throne

Santa Claws sticks his head forward and turns it so he can look into the bag.
    "Well perhaps, but I really must insist you ask for something. You came up here, after all. and only a few of the kids have come up to visit."
    Poor abandoned Santa.

19. - Top - End - #289

[Santa's Throne]

"...Oh."

Well darn.

Siana didn't think he'd be asking for requests. She didn't exactly have one ready to go. If she knew, she definitely would've written a few down... that's just polite, isn't it? She probably would have needed to tell him in advance, too... she really doubts he just has all kinds of goodies just ready to go. Granted, if anyone did have access to that kind of magic, it probably would be a dragon, but she doesn't want to risk disappointing him with a request he can't oblige.

Fortunately, there's an idea within her line of sight that she can use.

"...Could I have a hat, sir?" Siana asks. "Like the ones you and Miss Verdoyant are wearing?"

In the background, there's a distinct skin-on-skin slapping sound as Rose facepalms. This kid has no idea how Santa does things, does she?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

"Bold." Calm Reed actually sounds a little impressed. "Of course, your boldness is rather predicated on where we are. But suppose you are wrong. That I am willing to accept the consequences and strike you down here and now. Does your own life matter so little to you?"

[A Very Beary Thanksmas]

Oh, right. That barkle. Michalson was informed about it. C-Command? Probably means Cessie Mithar, one of the commanders of Vigil. That's one way to refer to your superior... But all in all he reacts with his usual phlegm.

"Aye, I'm aware of what happened. We had a whole security situation with an impostor wanderin' about."

21. - Top - End - #291

[Awkward Reunions]

"Sister, you don't know the half of it." Braon wraps an arm around Calm Reed, pointing so the monk can look down the length of her arm. "You see lady bats there? Next to her hunk of a husband?" She says with a sneer. "That's my warden. Or parole officer. Jailer. Whatever term works for you. I'm set to spend the next 364 days of the year in an actual hell, running errands for this lady until she sees fit to release me, which will probably be never."

"Now, what exactly do you call that? A life of confinement and servitude?" Braon frowns, realizing she might be asking the wrong person. "Oh, never mind, you would probably call it paradise. But the sane folks of the world, myself included, would call it a contradiction. That's not a life. That's time stolen that I don't have a prayer of ever getting back. Time spent busting my ample backside for someone who either doesn't appreciate it or sees it as grounds for further exploitation if she does." She shakes her head. "So, no, I don't really value it. If you kicked me through the wall right now, you'd be doing me a gods-damned favor."

"...Although, since I've got nothing to lose anyway..." Calm Reed will feel Braon's hand slide down, her nails coming together to pinch at the monk's backside. If it wasn't obvious Braon was egging her on before, it should be now.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Santa’s Throne

Santa looks at Siana mischievously.
    ”Why don’t you find out?” he suggests, holding his bag open. Siana won’t be able to peek inside, but if she reaches in she’ll find herself with something she desires, even if she didn’t ask for it. If she does want a hat though she’ll find herself with one.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Santa's Throne]

Siana hesitates, alarm bells briefly going off in her head. A total stranger giving her that look, asking her to reach into his bag? Sounds vaguely ominous to her. She glances back at Rose, who flashes her a pair of reassuring thumbs-up; this is normal, relax.

Thus assured, Siana reaches into the bag and pulls out...

A santa hat. Just like she asked for.

And inside that, a tin of Madame Glinda's Horn Polish, colored exactly for her. Which, of course, comes with an appropriate applicator and a little folded-over instruction sheet for first-time users.

Siana's a little confused by this gift. She hates having horns, and isn't exactly the makeup type in the first place. But, it's free, and she can probably still find another use for it. Maybe it works as well on boots.

Siana gives Santa Claws a little shrug, before donning the hat and beaming up at him. "Thank you, sir!" She says, surging forward to give him a hug before she goes.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-12-24 at 07:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Santa’s Throne

Spako probably would have expected her to come up with a fancy cane or something.
    Siana received a warm draconic wing-hug.
    ”You are very welcome. Sam is around here somewhere if you’d like to say hello.” the dragon whispers to her. Which is to say he says it about as quietly as a human talks normally. Dragons are big.

25. - Top - End - #295

[Santa's Throne => Smol Sous Chef]

"Oh, yeah! He did say he was going to be here. I should go say hi." Siana beams and limps away, giving Spako a wide wave goodbye.

Rose chuckles and shakes her head. "I keep forgetting she's fifteen. She always seems a lot older or a lot younger."

Regardless!

Siana will take this opportunity to practice her stealth skills (such as they are) and sneak up behind Sam, so she can surprise him with a hug around the waist. Whether she succeeds or not comes down to if he recognizes the soft tapping of her cane when she's trying to be sneaky.

"Hey boss! Whatcha doin?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

Calm Reed's hands snaps forth, grabbing Braon by the wrist and applying just a little bit of pressure. Enough to suggest that she could break her arm if she felt like doing it.

"Now that is good news," she says, conversationally. "Servitude will suit you well. You will learn humility. Maybe eventually you will grow past your current petulance."

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Reginald nods and chitters happily.

He then gets up on his hind legs and stands up straight as though to indicate that, yes, the very tall lady is his.
    Hearth

Mr C nods. Then he shivers a bit.
    "You don t eat small animals likeme right? Also where is Fel? You sure got the same problem as me that those hords of children squeze you like an orange."
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Table]

The slimegirl reaches out to the fallen hot cookies to absorb their heat.
    Most of her, however, sticks by the man.

She sticks close.
    Then, after warming up and having time to think, she starts thinking about what he said.
    It's awkward...?
    Oh!
    She backs up, feeling a little embarrassed.
    'Sorry', she mouths.

[Harley]

Harley and her baby, now free, go over to a table to see if there's anything Harley wants. She holds her baby to see over her shoulder, since she's sure Manja would prefer looking at everything else.
    Table

The man appears quiet uncomfortabne with a slime around his feet, especially a cold slime. He does something to help him pass that and the slime might also take some heat from the ar around. Just like someone heated up the oven in a cold winter night. Harley might also feel the comfortable warmth around the table.

The man looks confused at the slime as she forms her word. Sadly he didn t get it. Hard to read a slimes lips. Neither the less he seems to have an idea whats up.

"Are you mute?" He asks the slime
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Awkward Reunions]

Calm Reed's hands snaps forth, grabbing Braon by the wrist and applying just a little bit of pressure. Enough to suggest that she could break her arm if she felt like doing it.

"Now that is good news," she says, conversationally. "Servitude will suit you well. You will learn humility. Maybe eventually you will grow past your current petulance."
    [Awkward Reunions]

"'Learn humility'. Like we're not all used to that tired euphemism." Braon snarks, pulling on her hand in an attempt to break out of Calm Reed's grasp. "It wasn't good for me the first five hundred times they tried it. It's cruel to keep shoving that on me. We're not all masochists like you."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Santa's Throne => Smol Sous Chef]

"Oh, yeah! He did say he was going to be here. I should go say hi." Siana beams and limps away, giving Spako a wide wave goodbye.

Rose chuckles and shakes her head. "I keep forgetting she's fifteen. She always seems a lot older or a lot younger."

Regardless!

Siana will take this opportunity to practice her stealth skills (such as they are) and sneak up behind Sam, so she can surprise him with a hug around the waist. Whether she succeeds or not comes down to if he recognizes the soft tapping of her cane when she's trying to be sneaky.

"Hey boss! Whatcha doin?"
    Sous Chef

Sam can easily be found by following the smell of food, as he appears to be catering this event.
    "Oh, hi Siana." he says as Siana throws her arms around his ample waistline.
    "I'm catering my roommate's Thanksmas party. Have you met Pippin?" Sam holds up a ridiculously fluffy green and purple cat curled in one of his lower arms, a tiny horn in the center of his head. He meows innocently.

30. - Top - End - #300

[Sous Chef]

Siana doesn't exactly deny having seen Pippin before. She doesn't need to. Most people don't have the squeel-and-babble response the second time they see the unicorn-cat-thing.

"Aaaaaawwwwww! It'sakitty!" She squees, balling up her arms and shaking her fists against her chest excitedly. "Hello there! Hello~! Hi~!" She croons. It's taking all her self-control to not immediately reach out and pet him; given that Sam's throwing him a party, he might be intelligent enough to take offense at that.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]