New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

[Awkward Reunions]

Calm Reed lets go of Braon's hand, having made her point.

"Maybe you will become more receptive to it in time. I hope so, at least. And being bound to another will help keep you in check. I can only hope she is more enlightened than you are."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

"Yes! Of course! And maybe if you hope and pray hard enough, you'll find out you're a princess when you wake up tomorrow." Braon snarks, rubbing at her wrist in an attempt to restore circulation. "Yeah, no. I'm not going to start liking it down there because eh. If a few hundred loose succubi aren't going to change my mind, neither will you or Sekhmet or your utterly useless 'enlightenment'." Although she did like the succubi. That part's a plus.

She smirks and gives a prolonged, exaggerated shrug. "But then, of course you're going to try to make this a brain thing. 'Yeah, Braon, you're just upset about this because you aren't as enlighted as I am.' Like you're so smart you know my situation better than I do. Well, screw that. I've got experience in this sort of thing, and experience is telling me that you're both full of it. She's not the high-and-mighty judge of character she claims to be, and you? You're a brainless thug, when you really get down to it. At least I cop to the title."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

"I am where I need to be. Where the Dragons meant me to me." Calm Reed does seem like she means it. It's not just posturing for Braon's sake. It's an ocean-deep certainty. She couldn't doubt it any more than she could doubt the tides coming in and out. "You are not where you need to be. If, as you say, many have tried to change you and failed, and you are still miserable and destructive, maybe you need to rethink your decisions."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #304

[Awkward Reunions]

Braon opens her mouth to give yet another snarky response, but stops and lets out a weary sigh instead. She doesn't like admitting it, but Calm Reed does have a point. Even before this whole debacle with Verdant Heights and running into her uncle again, she wasn't necessarily the happiest person. Happier, yes, but still not happy.

"...Yeah, well... that's great and all, but I need to be able to make my own decisions again if I'm going to try that route." She says flatly. "I need to be out here, not shackled to her royal pain's every wish and whim."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Sous Chef]

Siana doesn't exactly deny having seen Pippin before. She doesn't need to. Most people don't have the squeel-and-babble response the second time they see the unicorn-cat-thing.

"Aaaaaawwwwww! It'sakitty!" She squees, balling up her arms and shaking her fists against her chest excitedly. "Hello there! Hello~! Hi~!" She croons. It's taking all her self-control to not immediately reach out and pet him; given that Sam's throwing him a party, he might be intelligent enough to take offense at that.
    Sous Chef

The roommate in question is actually Sylvess. Sam just kind of interrupted himself to introduce his cat. Introducing people to your cat takes very high priority.
    Pippin, for his part, meows again.
    "So, having a good time at the party?" he asks, knowing Siana couldn't have sampled his cooking.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #306

[Sous Chef]

"Weeeeeell..." Siana teases, rocking back and forth on her cane. "I just got here, you can't really expect me t- oh sweet Absum this is amazing! There's so much food, and the snow, and everyone's just so happy apart from those two ladies over there, I heard singing on the way in and I got a present with no prompting. Why didn't you tell me you guys had parties like this in the Nexus?" She gushes and grins, that delight at her surroundings clearly genuine. She might have arrived to the party late, but she's loving every second of it.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Sous Chef

Sam returns the grin. He’s one of the only people who can match a strigoi in toothiness-of-grin thanks to his tusks.
    ”Why else do you think someone like me can make a career out of being a mercenary caterer?” he asks conspiratorially.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ghost in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Alchemi View Post
    Spraypaint and Blackfire

"Nah, I expect that the food is free here, though it's probably expected that some of the folks chip in to bring dishes or clean up. Fancy public parties like this don't usually come with a meal ticket in my experience. But, if it's worrying you that much..." The dragoness digs in a pouch pocket, removing a large gold coin that could have doubled for a mug coaster, before flipping it over to the angel. " 'ere, it's my treat. Now come on, before it's all gone, hehehe." The halfblood makes her way toward the piles of food, swaying gently like a great cat stalking prey, long tail flicking eagerly. Of course, there was no doubt what kind of an appetite the dragon would have, and before they had even got past the first third of the expansive buffet, there was the crunch of some roast bird's leg in Raine's mouth, leg bone and all.

The strong beast smiles over to Atsede, giving a soft wink. "You know some folks'd pay you to tag stuff, if you got good enough. And the boarding's alright, but you should really try some windsurfing. I learned some for one job where it was the only way to get between locations. I went to a couple places where the wind would catch just right, and I could catch ten or fifteen lengths of that table in air. I'd probably do some more of that some time, but I need a new swimsuit, my last one was a victim of lava bathing habits, heh." The dragon carefully balances a third heaping plate on her arm, before grabbing another, and continuing to scoop mashed root vegetables and stuffing onto the plate, almost like she was feeding a furnace rather than a person. "But as far as continuous hobbies, I ain't got much to go on. If you want I could stop by and drag you out of your parent's place and you could teach me soomat' sometime. Get you a break, and me some more people skills, like the docs say I should get. What kinda hobbies do you think would work? I'd try kickboxing, but I hear you aren't supposed to put someone through a wall." Raine gives a wink, along with a few playful air punches, which would be endearing if it weren't accompanied by the last crunches of the bird leg in her mouth.
    [Spraypaint and Blackfire]

"I'm not worrying about it, I was jus-" Whatever Atsede was about to say was lost, as the teenager was interrupted by Raine's gift of the coin. "Uh, thanks," she said, clearly caught off guard but not complaining. Wasn't often she got money to spend on whatever she felt like. Much like Raine, she took to the banquet immediately, piling a paper plate high with meats and pastries (and avoiding vegetables and other such greens at all costs). Unlike Raine, however, her eating habits were much more... normal. She watched with horrified fascination as the half-dragon ate the whole bird's leg including the bone, wincing at the first loud crunch.

"Well I am pretty good at tagging, y'know, so maybe I could do that." Atsede said with some cocky swagger, "buuuuuuuut most of the time folks don't seem to appreciate my art." I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that she doesn't ask for permission first. "And windsurfing does sound cool, but ugh, I hate beaches. Do you know how much of a [beach] it is to get sand outta feathers? It's a nightmare. Wait, wait wait wait, hang on." Surely she didn't hear that right. "You go swimming in lava!???

The mention of dropping by her place came with a sudden mood shift, something that seemed... almost close to panic? No! No no, uh, yeah no... uh don't drop by my place. My parents would kill me..." The final sentence was spoken much more quietly than the others. "I'll just stick to sneaking out. Um." Looking for something to change the subject to, she was only too happy to continue the talks of hobbies. "Well I mean this place is weird. Maybe you can find some... kickboxing club for tougher people? Or I dunno, hmm." She tried to think of what an interesting hobby might be to a kickass draconic warrior who clearly had money to spare. "You ever tried like, smithing or something? With your fire you could be your own personal forge!"

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Sous Chef

Sam returns the grin. He’s one of the only people who can match a strigoi in toothiness-of-grin thanks to his tusks.
    ”Why else do you think someone like me can make a career out of being a mercenary caterer?” he asks conspiratorially.
    [Sous Chef]

"Well, I don't know about why you can, but I can definitely see why you would." Siana beams.

After a rocky start, Siana's expressed some interest in pursuing a culinary career herself when she's older. In the intervening time, she's shown herself to have all the cooking talent one would expect of someone who rarely uses her taste buds or eats regular people food... which is to say, none at all. It seems to be a major contributing factor in her enthusiasm; cooking is a whole new skillset for her to explore, as challenging as it can possibly be while still being rewarding. This has made her an eager, if otherwise mediocre-at-best, student for Sam.

Learning she'd get to attend parties like this if she cooked for a living is just icing on the cake.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

Braon opens her mouth to give yet another snarky response, but stops and lets out a weary sigh instead. She doesn't like admitting it, but Calm Reed does have a point. Even before this whole debacle with Verdant Heights and running into her uncle again, she wasn't necessarily the happiest person. Happier, yes, but still not happy.

"...Yeah, well... that's great and all, but I need to be able to make my own decisions again if I'm going to try that route." She says flatly. "I need to be out here, not shackled to her royal pain's every wish and whim."
    "Making your own decisions led to a child-kidnapping spree." Calm Reed seems to slip into a lecturing tone at a moment's notice. "Making your own decisions must start with accepting the consequences of your previous ones. Why has this woman taken it on herself to bind you to her this way?"

11. - Top - End - #311

[Awkward Reunions]

"Wow, you know, I really had no idea I did that." Braon snarks. "It's not like I was present for those events or anything. And technically, I didn't kidnap anybody; the raid was foiled. Not that you'd care, but I'm an attempted kidnapper at worst." She gives a little nod toward Sekhmet. "She doesn't seem to care about that, either. She wants to keep me where she can 'keep an eye on me' until she's 'certain I'm not a threat to myself or others'. With terms that nebulous, yeah, I'm not taking my chances."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [A Very Beary Thanksmas]

Oh, right. That barkle. Michalson was informed about it. C-Command? Probably means Cessie Mithar, one of the commanders of Vigil. That's one way to refer to your superior... But all in all he reacts with his usual phlegm.

"Aye, I'm aware of what happened. We had a whole security situation with an impostor wanderin' about."
    [A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"Yeah, did you ever find and deal with it? Since unless Ithuriel starts wearing a funny hat or whatever, how will I ever know its her? Not to mention anyone else since I'm pretty sure those things can shapeshift." Anika points out.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

"And if your attempted kidnapping had gone somewhat differently, you would have been dead at my feet. Or someone else's," Calm Reed points out. "So she is not wrong about protecting you from yourself. Of course, I do not know her or her motives. I could speak with her and try to advise her, if you believe it could be helpful."

[A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"It has been deal with. But that's about all the dark I can share in a public place and without my superiors' authorization," Michalson says curtly.

14. - Top - End - #314

[Awkward Reunions]

"Oh would you, please?" Braon asks, facetiously batting her eyelashes. "I would be ever so grate- come the [floof] on, lady, you think I trust you any more than it takes to [borf] at you for fifteen minutes straight? Let's be frank about this; if you and I meet again, under any other circumstances, you'll try to turn me into wall art. 'Try' being the operative term, of course." She adjusts her scarf to make that little smirk under it more convincing; Calm Reed probably hasn't forgotten that she practically wet herself when this conversation started. "My problem, my solutions, clear?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

"As a matter of fact, I will likely not try to kill you even if we meet again." Calm Reed doesn't sound like she doubts her chances of doing so if she did decide on it. "Not after learning someone has already taken it upon herself to rein you in. But if you wish to solve your situation on your own, I will not intercede."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sous Chef]

"Well, I don't know about why you can, but I can definitely see why you would." Siana beams.

After a rocky start, Siana's expressed some interest in pursuing a culinary career herself when she's older. In the intervening time, she's shown herself to have all the cooking talent one would expect of someone who rarely uses her taste buds or eats regular people food... which is to say, none at all. It seems to be a major contributing factor in her enthusiasm; cooking is a whole new skillset for her to explore, as challenging as it can possibly be while still being rewarding. This has made her an eager, if otherwise mediocre-at-best, student for Sam.

Learning she'd get to attend parties like this if she cooked for a living is just icing on the cake.
    "Well, stick with me and you might just be able to." Sam assures her, clapping a hand to her back.
    "You're only a little less young than me. You've got time."

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Awkward Reunions]

"As a matter of fact, I will likely not try to kill you even if we meet again." Calm Reed doesn't sound like she doubts her chances of doing so if she did decide on it. "Not after learning someone has already taken it upon herself to rein you in. But if you wish to solve your situation on your own, I will not intercede."
    [Awkward Reunions]

"Damn straight." Braon nods firmly. "Having said that, I think I've talked with you enough. I'm gonna go make the most of my remaining hours topside and find someone agreeable to spend them with." The fiendling moves past Calm Reed, to go do as she said she would, and absolutely nothing else.

Ah, what the heck. Calm Reed probably isn't expecting her to be crazy enough to attempt this twice. Especially since she's not telegraphing it this time.

honk

"Well, stick with me and you might just be able to." Sam assures her, clapping a hand to her back.
    "You're only a little less young than me. You've got time."
    [Sous Chef]

"Yeah, I know, I've got a while to figure this out." Siana beams.

And continues to beam, until she properly parses what Sam actually said.

Wait.

What?!

"Hold on... what do you mean, 'a little less young'?" Siana asks. "I'm not one of those vampires that's actually a hundred or anything. I'm fifteen." There's no way this huge pig-man is any younger than that, right?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Sous Chef

Sam shakes his head.
    "I meant a little more. I'm twenty." Give or take a little. He ages slowly and he was on the street long enough for his age to be funny.
    I mean technically I'm four but that's weird cloning semantics. Don't worry about that." he shakes his hands as if shooing away the thought.

19. - Top - End - #319

[Sous Chef]

Siana lets out a sigh of relief. Thank Absum. If Sam had been any younger than her, the knowledge probably would've kicked off an existential crisis, about having accomplished so comparatively little in her lifetime. Which is a pattern of thought she's still way too young for.

But never mind that! Cloning semantics?

Siana leans on her cane and smiles up at him, listening attentively. Clearly she expects him to elaborate on that last point.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Sous Chef

Sam shrugs (only one since he's holding Pippin).
    "The original Sam Bacon grew up in Skyside and had a Pretty Bad Day. I'm essentially a copy of him with this custom-made body. He lives over by the ocean with a big robot nowadays. Doing pretty well, has a cool robot arm." Sam says all of this rather nonchalantly. But then again he has a giant magic key-sword that transforms and gives him magic.

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Hearth
    Table

The man appears quiet uncomfortabne with a slime around his feet, especially a cold slime. He does something to help him pass that and the slime might also take some heat from the ar around. Just like someone heated up the oven in a cold winter night. Harley might also feel the comfortable warmth around the table.

The man looks confused at the slime as she forms her word. Sadly he didn t get it. Hard to read a slimes lips. Neither the less he seems to have an idea whats up.

"Are you mute?" He asks the slime

[Table]

The slimegirl appreciates being warmer, and apologetically keeps her distance from the man.
    She thinks, and taps her face with her finger to show that she's thinking.

She nods.
    Yes, mute.
    She gives a thumbs up.

The slimegirl tries to think of some way to ask how he made the area suddenly warmer, but has trouble trying to figure out a good way to ask that. She almost gives up, but then suddenly - The slimegirl points at the man, then rubs each of her upper arm with the other hand, as if shivering or to warm up. She then gets a look on her face as if she just asked a question and is waiting for an answer.

Meanwhile

Harley also feels warmer.
    So does her baby.
    Feeling warmer is good, and they both like it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Hearth

Mr C nods. Then he shivers a bit.
    "You don t eat small animals likeme right? Also where is Fel? You sure got the same problem as me that those hords of children squeze you like an orange."
    Reginald shakes his head vigorously at the notion of eating small creatures like Mr C, then he looks around for Fel and spots her approaching, then makes happy Reginald noises.

There you are, buddy!

Enjoying your little sleigh?

Fel is wearing her Santa outfit, preparing for her turn in the Santa throne.

I see you found Mr C.

How is your Thanksmas, so far, Mr C?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

23. - Top - End - #323

Sous Chef

Sam shrugs (only one since he's holding Pippin).
    "The original Sam Bacon grew up in Skyside and had a Pretty Bad Day. I'm essentially a copy of him with this custom-made body. He lives over by the ocean with a big robot nowadays. Doing pretty well, has a cool robot arm." Sam says all of this rather nonchalantly. But then again he has a giant magic key-sword that transforms and gives him magic.
    [Sous Chef]

As Siana plainly remembers. She hasn't seem Sam pull it out since their first encounter, but every now and then she'd get a glance of him that reminded her he could draw the weapon at any time, which briefly startles her before she waves away the idea dismissively. It's part of that sort of sense of reverence she has for the pig-man; respect for him as a fighter, as well as a cook.

Of course, none of that stops her from giving a quick, amused snort at the fact that his last name is Bacon. That's just too on-the-nose to ever not amuse her.

"Sorry." She says quickly, wiping away the smirk. "So... you two keep in touch, then? It's gotta be fun, talking to yourself..."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

Calm Reed indeed didn't see it coming. Her eyes widen, she turns to look at Braon and then wordlessly steps forward to sweep her leg from under her and push her forehead, to send her sprawling into the snow.

25. - Top - End - #325

[Awkward Reunions]

frip

shunt

crack

Is the sound of Braon having her legs knocked out from under her, followed by being shoved backwards into the snow, and apparently hitting her head on a loose flagstone underneath the layer of frozen precipitation. She looks up at Calm Reed groggily, flashing a shaky thumbs-up.

"Worth it." She croaks.

Before promptly passing out.

Fortunately, there are people on standby for this kind of thing. Nobody's expecting an exalted monk to lose her temper, exactly, but in a gathering this large and this diverse, it's nearly inevitable that someone will end up needing medical attention sooner or later. If Calm Reed doesn't see to the injury herself, Braon will be carried out by a pair of paramedics dressed as elves. Or maybe they actually just are elves who happen to have medical training. They can get the injuried party out without disrupting the festivities, that's the point.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Sous Chef

Sam chuckles.
    ”Huh? No, me ‘n Sam Prime have never met. But we’re connected so we know things sometimes. I don’t think either of us worry about it much.”
    It’s actually a bit more complicated than that but he doesn’t want to get into the nitty gritty with someone he doesn’t know all that well.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

[Awkward Reunions]

Calm Reed lingers until Braon is carried out but otherwise leaves it to the paramedics. She wonders if she acted rashly, but all in all Braon brought it on herself. Though perhaps she didn't show the self-control befitting a monk...

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ghost in the Playground

Reindeer Games

The cunning fox really has few places left to run, and Reuma starts to beam, because she's gonna be able to win the game So close, just need to push a little faster, there are fewer places to hide, less little holes in the walls and more steam. Wait, steam? The thought enters the pronghorn's head just right as her foot lands on a patch of wet floor, and the healer goes flying to the floor with a loud thump, horns sparkling bright yellow and orange for a few moments as the feeling of surprise floods the air. Which would be embarrassing enough if she didn't also slide into a heap under a decorative fountain and receive a large splash of hot springwater to her face in a burbling, sputtering mess. Way to go, Reuma. Giving a dim thumbs up as a few folks check if she's ok, Reuma briefly considers drowning herself in the fountain to not have to deal with the brilliant purple aura of shame growing in both her mind, and those magical horns.

Tuuli doesn't much better, getting yelled out of an area off to the side by a small group of kobold caretakers for disturbing the private baths, though the noise and commotion from Reuma's fall means the big moose catches up soon enough. "Well alright then... Ah recon ye've got us beat this time, Jade. Ahahah. Come on Reuma, out of the fountain, We need to get at least yer clothes by a fire to dry, if ye plan on leavin' tonight." Reuma manages a feeble awkward laugh, and extracts herself from the fountain, before giving a smile to Jade. "Nice jobe Jade, I'll get you next time, for sure!"

Spraypaint and Blackfire

"Sandy beaches aren't even where the best spots to windsurf are, so you are in luck there. The places with really high clipping breeze so that you can get the big waves and a good sail speed are more rocky, with tide pools and things. Always something to eat in those pools too, if you get a bit hungry." Clearly Raine was particularly food motivated, perhaps some sign of not having enough to eat, or having to fight over food in the past? At the half-angel's question however, Raine gives a quizzical look. "Well duh I do? Cleans way better then anything else, has a lovely weighted blanket feel to it, helps my scales stay strong and tempered as long as it's hot enough. It's real nice, really. Plus sometimes you can find gems and things kinda floating in the hot rock, like a bonus payday."

Raine rubs her chin some, squinting. There was something about the tagging that people should do if they wanted it to be appreciated... What was it again? "Have you tried tagging a disliked politician's house? I think folks like that way more than if you just do the... like... back side of the local grocery or something?" Finishing with the heaping serving of food, the dragoness guides the pair to a pair of armchairs not terribly far from the warm and crackling fire, before sitting down. "Pshh featherbrain that's quitter talk. [Fork] your parents, do whatever you want. As long as you aren't like... hurting good people, I mean." Raine gives a slow shrug. "Which is probably why I shouldn't kickbox. Unless.... Do you think they have kickboxing clubs for like.... Metal elementals? And yeah, I had considered playing with metal once or twice, but my fire's not the right kind. Too destructive. Althoughh.... Maybe a band could be cool. Wasn't there one of them hardness music bands that like, lights themselves on fire as they sing about stuff? What kind of music do you listen to?" Raine seems to recognize that her conversation partner wants to move on, but there's a sense that the dragoness thinks the teenager should stand up a little more. "No country though, can you imagine me ye'hawing?"

29. - Top - End - #329

Sous Chef

Sam chuckles.
    ”Huh? No, me ‘n Sam Prime have never met. But we’re connected so we know things sometimes. I don’t think either of us worry about it much.”
    It’s actually a bit more complicated than that but he doesn’t want to get into the nitty gritty with someone he doesn’t know all that well.
    [Sous Chef]

"...Oh." Well, that was a slightly disappointing answer. Siana was hoping to hear more about Sam Prime (while resisting the urge to add "Rib" to his name), but Sam Bacon II is still enough of a presence for her for the moment. "I assume you don't want to talk about that Pretty Bad Day, either, then." She sighs, giving a rueful little smile and shaking her head. If it was bad enough that cloning was deemed necessary, it was probably pretty traumatic... though knowing Sam, also likely epic.

"So, with that, I guess we should talk about something a little more here-and-now-ish. Like the food." She grins. "What exactly do you bring to a party like this?" She hasn't seen the spread yet and probably can't enjoy most of it, unless Sam bothered to bring those honey-mired maggots she's come to like so much (a simple but delightful recipe), or something similar.

...Ah, what the heck. It's Thanksmas. She can be a little unhealthy today if something's appealing enough.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-01-02 at 05:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Reindeer Games
    In an instant, Jade is back on her two humanoid feet. "Well played to both of you too. Good game." Jade seems to be staying well clear of the pools as she comes over to shake her two opponents' hands... Is she afraid of water?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters