New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

Demonic Royalty And some hanger-on

"Oh, that's not great. Do you know where he might have gone?" Probably not, or else she'd have sent someone to fetch him again. Prumathe also blushes as Braon reveals she's aware of the child, and particularly the congratulations.

Birbs- Snowball Fight

The half-elf is thwacked by a snowball, and turns to see who might have thrown it before bending down to gather snow for one of her own. If Omiko is obviously the source of the first snowball, Mishnehel will throw it at the cat-thing. If not, she'll probably throw it at the person looking most likely to be responsible.

The Swarm

"They are, yeah. But... a little scary." It's an odd combination, cute and scary, and Cheasadh didn't realise it was possible- but here we are, with dragonlings that could probably knock her over even if they wouldn't eat her in a single bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    An armored woman wanders into the resort.
    She seems to know her way around here, probably since she had been here before.
    For once that tome she usually is carrying around isn't floating after her or in her belt. Instead she had a sword that is more seldomly seen in its scabbard as she wanders the resort.
    Calm Reed's attention is drawn to the woman for some reason. She can't place it, but she's been a monk for many years and she knows to trust her instincts. She approaches her slowly, trying to get her measure.

"Merry Thanksmas," she says. "That is the customary greeting at this celebration, is it not?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Cat in the Hat]

Reinholdt finally makes his entrance, the Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire strolling in with a heavy fur-lined jacket. As if that just wasn't enough to keep him warm and/or protected from the inevitable zombie apocalypse, he also has on a magical Ushanka that matches his coat color with a little blue star on the front.

He's completely unfamiliar with this fortress. All the more reason for him to be here. It's an excellent time to scope out its defenses and forbidden areas. So many dragon-kin running around means there's bound to be a hoard nearby in need of equitable redistributing. Plus it wouldn't hurt to maybe get some ideas of potential upgrades for his own fortress. So Rein wanders, not officially getting up to mischief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Demonic Royalty
    Sekhmet also looks a little awkward when Braon reveals that she knows about the child. But the logic is sound. "I, uh, don't know whether it's a boy or a girl. And, uh, I don't think I'm ready to think about names." She looks to Prumathe for confirmation.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Demonic Royalty]

"Whatever works for you. Sounds like you've got a while yet." Braon shrugs and gives them both a semi-affectionate squeeze before pulling out of the huddle. "Welp. Got you to cringe twice in a row, so I think my work here is done. I saw a couple familiar faces around here I might try catching up with." She takes a third helping of eggnog to go and turns to leave. "And since we already know who you're going to send to track Ananias back down again, let me know when I'm doing that, okay? Great. You three have fun now."

And with that, she's off to go make trouble.

"Fayyaad! You son of a bitch, how're you doing?" Braon gives the object of her affections an inebriated hug.

That's, uh, not Fayyaad.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-12-01 at 11:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Birbs- Snowball Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The half-elf is thwacked by a snowball, and turns to see who might have thrown it before bending down to gather snow for one of her own. If Omiko is obviously the source of the first snowball, Mishnehel will throw it at the cat-thing. If not, she'll probably throw it at the person looking most likely to be responsible.
    Omiko is the picture of innocence. Why would you suspect her?
    It was probably Reinholdt who threw the first snowball.
    Just look at him, clearly up to no good.

Of course, as soon as Mishnehel focuses on someone else, Omiko will throw another one at her, and this time it's obvious.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

[Demonic Royalty]

Michalson's injured leg doesn't normally bother him too much. He's learnt how to deal with it and he gets where he's going when he needs to. This doesn't help him much when a drunk person hugs him out of nowhere, though.

"Wha- aaaaah!" The half-elf is sent sprawling into the snow and utters a string of curses. "By a Balor's [censored], lady, the party just started and you're this bubbed?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Demonic Royalty- Alone, At Last

"Um. Well, she's... certainly somebody. Are all your courtiers as mad as that?" Hopefully not. Prumathe is smiling, but now he's in a huddle with his wife he's not going to let go- at least, not immediately.

Birbs- Snowball Fight

Mishnehel had just let go of the ball when she's hit by the second, and this time she saw who was responsible. It's too late to prevent the ball from flying towards Reinholdt, but at least her next ball will be thrown at the person responsible for starting the fight.

9. - Top - End - #39

[Demonic Royalty => Not Fayyaad]

"What? Psh! No! I'm perbectly sofer." The fiendling scoffs. "I'm just really happy to see you." Braon purrs, snuggling up next to the half-elf and letting out a contented sigh. "It's been a... well, a hectic time since I saw you last. And I've had some time to think about stuff, you know? And what you did back when I was all-" She circles a finger around her temple and lets out a whistle, indicating "crazy". "You were good to me, and... I've missed you."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Demonic Royalty without that pesky fiendling
    "Uh, in different ways, but, uh, yes." Sekhmet laughs. "Normal sane people don't, uh, end up as devils often.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

Calm Reed's attention is drawn to the woman for some reason. She can't place it, but she's been a monk for many years and she knows to trust her instincts. She approaches her slowly, trying to get her measure.

"Merry Thanksmas," she says. "That is the customary greeting at this celebration, is it not?"
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

"Ah, are you new to the nexus then? I believe I've seen you in VIGIL a few times. You might even have heard of me as I've assisted the organization a couple of times." She offers her metal clad hand. "Ambrosia Ithil, scholar."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Demonic Royalty

"Oh, I guess I should have seen that coming." Somehow, Prumathe forgot that Sekhmet's court was made up nearly entirely of devils. "Are you... safe, down there? I mean, um, no... I mean it." Prumathe is a little worried now, since he's imagining her surrounded by crazy people. Which is equally true at GLoG.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Michalson groans and drags his hand across his face. Because it's his right hand (of course the bubber had to land on his left side), it's slow and awkward.

"That's real touchin', lady, it really is. But I'm not the cutter you're looking for. My name's Michalson, not Fayed." He mispronounces it, because Braon's own pronunciation wasn't exactly clear. "He sounds more good-lookin' than I am."

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"Not new, but not entirely used to it either." Calm Reed shakes Ambrosia's hand. She has learned this custom by now, at least. "I think I have heard your name spoken in Vigil. I am Calm Reed, a Dragon-Blooded monk of the Immaculate Order. The only one in the Nexus, as far as I know."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Demonic Royalty
    Sekhmet nods. "They aren't violent-crazy. Uh, not most of them. And, uh, I'm much more powerful than them. Some of them are afraid of me, and, uh, others are, uh my friends, and, uh, most just don't, uh, care. I'm, uh, trying to be a good queen, but, uh, I don't always know what to do." Responsibility is hard.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Demonic Royalty

"Your best, I think is the best thing you can do. Right?" A genuinely good person queen of hell... If Prumathe met the god who thought Sekhmet was the right choice for this job, he'd punch them in the face. And then apologise.

16. - Top - End - #46

[Not Fayyaad]

Braon gives him a goofy smile and giggle, thinking at first that Michalson is joking around with her. It's not until half a minute goes by without a reciprocated laugh that she realizes she might have made a mistake here; her vision is kind of blurry. She reaches up and feels around his face, noting a lack certain features... no horns, different ears, jawline, nose, cheekbone heights... why, this man looked almost nothing like her crush.

She reddens further, her face already lightly flushed from the alcohol and going into full-on scarlet as her hands confirm the man's story. "Oh. Oh, um..." She scrambles to get off of him, dusting snow off her cloak. "Wow. I am... so sorry."

She hopes the couple she just left behind didn't see that. She can't imagine Sekhmet holding it over her head for any less than a month.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

17. - Top - End - #47

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"Really? That's coincidental as I happen to specialize in dragon lore. You might even call me a dragon scholar though I lack their blood." Which was technically true too. "But as such a scholar I've actually talked to plenty of people that have claimed to have dragon blood running through their veins. So what do you exactly mean by dragon-blooded?" Her eyebrow raise with interest.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

The bearded half-elf tries to get up, but groans and sinks back to the ground instead in defeat. Fantastic. He reaches out with his left hand.

"I might find myself in a more forgiving mood if ya help me get up. My right leg's not what it was. Even when people don't barrel into me.

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

Calm Reed's eyebrows go up a little. She's not an expressive woman, looks like.

"Truly? The Nexus enjoys its serendipities. We are called Dragon-Blooded because our bloodlines were blessed by the five Elemental Dragons, the creators of our world. Those with the Dragons' blood in them can receive their blessing, if they were virtuous in their past lives."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Demonic Royalty
    "Uh, I hope so. Otherwise, uh, being a Fated One is a, uh, huge mistake." Sekhmet has met the god who chose her, but for security reasons those memories have been blurred; she'll only remember what happened in that conversation when it becomes relevant for her to remember, and apparently that's not now. "So, uh, she brought it up, but maybe we should talk about it," Sekhmet begins, looking down at her stomach. The pregnant bulge is still fairly slight; you'd have to know what you were looking at to not just think Sekhmet was gaining weight. "I don't know exactly what will happen with our baby. With my, uh, nature and all, giving birth isn't really a known thing. My mother did it once, but I can't exactly ask her about it."

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Royal Demons

"We've got GLoG on side, remember? They've got one of the best medical centres in the Nexus." Even if it doesn't get much play any more. "And you might not be able to ask your mother about it, but you've got your court, right? Maybe one of succubi there served as your mother's midwife or something. Or they know who did, at least." It's not like they're likely to have died in the nineteen or twenty years since her birth, succubi are basically immortal. Although maybe Sapphira's midwife is currently a horrified-looking statue at the bottom of an oubliette hidden under a rug in some corner of the palace that nobody's visited in for years, or similarly hard to find.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Royal Demons (all three of them)!
    "Uh, that's not really what I'm concerned about," Sekhmet replies, "I can, uh, survive giving birth, uh, I'm sure." Prumathe's heard (not seen, Sekhmet warned him to look away beforehand) Sekhmet tear apart the flesh of her arm, remove her bones, and put new ones in. If worse comes to worse, she can dismantle her body to get the child out, and then regenerate as if nothing ever happened. "It's, uh, more about afterwards. I'm not sure what our child will be." It's clear she doesn't mean in a boy or girl sense, but in a species one. "My, uh, best guess is that they'll be, uh, like I was when we first met. Apparently mortal, but, uh, not really."

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Royal Demon, Demonic Royal

"I will love them anyway." Prumathe's a little confused, here. He's not sure why this worries Sekhmet, though he's sure there's a reason. He was raised in a foster home with several 'siblings', most of them not human, with parents in the form of a pair of halflings. He's used to families that don't have any resemblance.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Royal Demon, Demonic Royal, Heir (not yet) Apparent
    "I know, it's just..." Sekhmet answers, "I don't know what it takes to raise a, uh, regular kid, let alone one with, uh, huge fiendish power. I'm not sure how much of my, uh, lack of ability back before my, uh, metamorphosis was because I didn't know about it." In short, Sekhmet's worried that her child will be too powerful. Regular toddler temper tantrums are bad enough, imagine if the kid could instinctively create and control fire. "And, uh, the succubi and incubi are going to take an interest as soon as they know about it."

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Santa's Throne]

"Hi Santa Claus! I've been good this year."
    "And I was wondering, do you know the future? My parent's really worried about it."
    "Oh, and can I have a flying carpet or something?"

The horror nods rapidly. Such a good kid.
    Santa's Throne

Spako isn't entirely sure how to answer that question but responds regardless.
    "I'm afraid I don't know the future. But I do know that today at least, you don't have to worry. Here." Spako withdraws a little carpet. It doesn't float incredibly high for safety reasons, but it does float and can support the weight of one (1) child.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #55

New Arrival -Avalanche

Thanksmas is a funny time for Mr.C. Usually lizards tend to sleep over the cold time, but hes not a real lizard. His creator was a funny guy anyways, just think about a lizard the size of a human hand should take care of a big magical library. Funny, right?
    At least one thing is really nice, the little stuff animal lizard can walk over the snow without sinking in. so he taps with his little paws over the snow when suddendly an avalanche from behind burys him under the snow. Only his short green tail shows out of the snow where he was and some dull shouts for help come from the snow. "help!"

New Arrival - A guy

The reason for the avalanche that caught the small lizard is a guy that is pretty much an average human man. He can't walk on the snow so he pushes it away as he heads for the festival place and caught the lizard in it. He seems to miss the whole scene with the little lizard and just heads on for the festival. He's got some really ordinary clothes on, a dark colored scarf, black gloves, a brownn jacket and jeans. In a human community you wouldn't notice him unless all the otehr people wear fancy/colorfull clothes.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #56

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

Calm Reed's eyebrows go up a little. She's not an expressive woman, looks like.

"Truly? The Nexus enjoys its serendipities. We are called Dragon-Blooded because our bloodlines were blessed by the five Elemental Dragons, the creators of our world. Those with the Dragons' blood in them can receive their blessing, if they were virtuous in their past lives."
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

"Ah, it's not the first instance I've heard of dragons creating a world actually." Ambrosia remarks thoughtfully. "But do you know what the five elemental dragons look like? Anything like the ones you might have seen in the nexus?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Birbs- Snowball Fight

Omiko is the picture of innocence. Why would you suspect her?
    It was probably Reinholdt who threw the first snowball.
    Just look at him, clearly up to no good.

Of course, as soon as Mishnehel focuses on someone else, Omiko will throw another one at her, and this time it's obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Birbs- Snowball Fight

Mishnehel had just let go of the ball when she's hit by the second, and this time she saw who was responsible. It's too late to prevent the ball from flying towards Reinholdt, but at least her next ball will be thrown at the person responsible for starting the fight.

[Birbs? - Snowball Fight]

BIFF! Ahhh!! Powder of cold and wet hit Rein and it's just terrible, causing him to nearly stumble just from the unexpected shock of it. He looks around for the guilty party with whom to lecture and/or punish. There's two people throwing snowballs and he doesn't know who did it, so he's just going to have to go off on them both. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a long rifled gun.

This particular gun has some kind of feeder on top that Rein puts snow into and the assembly appears to be made of plastic blues and reds. The barrel is huge and within moments fires out a snowball at Mishnehel and a second one at Omiko with the not particularly remarkable force of something you might expect from a medium quality foam dart gun. These birbs brought snowballs to a snowball gun fight. Or wait, is it Rein who brought the gun to a snowball fight? Sounds like everyone's guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Santa's Throne]

"Oh." Shan sounds a little disappointed at first, but then there's a flying carpet, just as asked.
    "Wow, thanks Santa!" They jump onto the carpet, arms outstretched, and float away.
    "Haha! Wheeeee!"

[Birb vs Cat - Snowball Fight]

Rein is holding the gun - caught red-handed with it! Surely he's the guilty one.

Omiko finds herself under attack from two sides, snow flying everywhere. She ducks behind a small Thanksmas tree before scooping up some more snow to throw at the shooter.
    That unprovoked attack can't go without answer!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #59

[Not Fayyaad]

The bearded half-elf tries to get up, but groans and sinks back to the ground instead in defeat. Fantastic. He reaches out with his left hand.

"I might find myself in a more forgiving mood if ya help me get up. My right leg's not what it was. Even when people don't barrel into me.
    [Not Fayyaad]

"Right, riiiight...." Braon's blushing goes down a little as she extends a hand to help him up, still holding her cup of eggnog... which had, in the process of all of this, been spilled all over the ground, though thankfully not on Michalson. All that's left in it now are some pitifully small dregs, clinging to the inner rim at the bottom of the cup.

Realizing this, Braon switches the cup over to her right hand and offers again, staring at her drink disappointedly.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Royals & Demons

"...That is not something I had considered. We'll manage, though." Prumathe doesn't add 'I hope' to the end, though he nearly wants to- he wants to be reassuring to Sekhmet, now she needs it. "What kind of an interest?" What exactly is it she's worried about there?

Cat, Cat-Octopus, Magpie-Buffalo Snowball Fight

As the ball comes flying towards her, Mishnehel disappears and reappears a short distance away, where the ball isn't. She bends down and makes another snowball, throwing it at Omiko who has sought shelter behind a tree from Reinholdt, but might just be visible and hittable from where Mishnehel now stands.