New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

Demons and Royals
    "I don't know, exactly. Not yet. But we, uh, have to be prepared for them to possibly do something, uh, they shouldn't. Maybe they, uh, try to use our child to, uh, get to me? I don't want our future child... Or, uh, children, endangered because of me." She rubs her antler nervously. "I guess I'm just worried? I don't know what will happen." A hug would be nice. Despite being a terrible and powerful demon queen, everything feels out of control for Sekhmet.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ghost in the Playground

Late arrivals-Reumadolf the reindeer

Reuma had arrived late to the game, but that didn't stop someone from pressing a big mug of something hot, chocolatey, and definitely spiked into the masked healer's free hand. Reuma wasn't entirely sure how she had ended up in this area, but it was probably someone from one house call or another telling her that she had to go and the faun being unable to say no. Now she was little more than a wallflower with a stiff drink, horns crackling with nervous sparks of purple emotional magic. At least, for the moment, she fit the part, dressed in long blue winter furs decorated with festive touches, and she had taken the time to grow sprigs of holly and mistletoe out of the glowing crystal topped staff in her hand. Occasionally, a sip of the steaming beverage gave a glimpse behind the gold gilt mask she wore, to her scars and timidly embarrassed face. Occasionally she makes an awkward wave, as if to start conversation, but then backs off of actually talking to others. Oh gosh, what the heck am I doing here??!

Late arrivals-Ruby hare

Bedecked in snow white petticoat and poofy white fur hat, with brilliant rosy hair and fur, and the bright flash of emerald starry eyes, Pyrhra also looked ready for the snowy escapades. Normally, tiny rabbit girl would be much too timid for parties, but something about the season and the air of the festivities seems to be giving them a little bit of a better time. Sipping a hot cider, they twirl gently among the fringes of the crowds, giggling and playing with some of the excitable younglings, especially those who were enamored with the bunny girl's long ears and fluffy tail. Of course, she certainly wouldn't be just drawing the eye of children in the crowd, as blessed with a half indescribable beauty as the bunny girl was. With a wide grin, she spins through the whirls of snow and children with the graceful air of a snow spirit, and the chiming laughter of angelic bells.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals
    Two more people arrive at the party, a twin brother and sister... Well not quite. But the family resemblance is there.
    He's a pretty normal guy, in a winter coat and warm pants, with messy brown hair under a festive red and white hat.
    She's a rather attractive woman, with shoulder-length red hair with black tips, a pair of foxish ears poking up from the top of her head, and nine fluffy tails waving behind her. She's wearing a red dress, a white scarf, and a pair of high-heeled snow boots (she feels short, okay?). The twins Jason and Jade fisher split up shortly after. He heads to a bonfire to warm up; she takes a seat on a snowbank to watch the growing snowball fight and laugh.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Michalson gets up with Braon's help and visible effort. Damn this leg. He needs to get around to replacing his hand, at least, so it'll be easier to use that to support himself, at least.

"Alright. How about we Styx that it ever happened?" He pauses. "That, uh means 'forget'."

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

Calm Reed shakes her head.

"I have never seen them. But the Immaculate texts say they do have forms similar to other, lesser elemental dragons. Which resemble other dragons I have seen in this place. Except here, it appears that a common feature of dragons are wings."

[Reumadolf the reindeer]

Even as Reuma shuns people, she might be approached by a wolf. A small grey wolf, clearly still young. There seem to be more of them around, wandering around the place and being frequently pet by people. Something must be making them docile and friendly. Or they're just trained this way. The wolf stops some distance from the woman, looking at her with intelligent eyes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Braon pulls him to his feet, staggering back drunkenly from the effort, tripping over herself and landing on her backside. "...Huh." She mutters. "...I think I already did." She turns her gaze to her cup and frowns. "What did they put in this stuff, anyway?"

Miraculously, the cup is once again full of eggnog.

"...Eh." Braon shrugs and gulps it down.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ghost in the Playground

Reumadolf the reindeer

It takes the pronghorn a few moments to notice the wolf, then finally the healer looks down. At first, she blinks, as if wondering whether the hot drink had her seeing things, but when the wolf remains, Reuma approaches slowly. "Hello t-there... You seem as nice as anyone here... d-do you need something?" Reuma pauses, searching her pockets for a moment, before coming away with nothing. "S-sorry, I haven't any treats..." The healer offers a hand instead, gentle in the action.

7. - Top - End - #67

arriving just so i don't get in the 'procrastination because how do i introduce them' slump again

[a paladin]

One person who enters the courtyard is Zophiel, a Paladin*. He's tall, buff, manly, as befitting my only masculine character. And he's got a pair of swords so massive he may as well be an anime or video game character...but, don't worry, he checked them at the entrance and left them out of the way.

And!
    He doesn't have wings! And he only has two arms!
    That's a good thing.

[a mother and daughter]

Harley also arrives, carrying a baby. Harley is wearing a long dress which is fine, and the baby is wrapped up in a really puffy coat because she throws a fit when she gets cold.

Harley looks like a pretty normal probably-human woman, complete with black hair and makeup (why is it always so hard to find foundation that goes with her skin tone?) and so on.

The baby, Manja, is about sixteen months old.

[a slimegirl]

A slimegirl also appears, arriving!
    Or, more likely, she was already here and emerges from under a table because she got too cold. Gelatinous, translucent, blue with a red design running down her body surface. Also she picks up snow that she runs overthe light snow.

She looks around, trying to find somewhere more warm to chill at.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Fight]

Omiko throwing back is proof of her guilt! Only the guilty would defend themselves in a snowball fight!

Reinholdt is forced to roll out of the way. Which is an acrobatic feat of its own. Not great for snowball gun safety though and his next shot goes wide.

The snowball hurtles through the crowd towards an innocent bystander, flying towards the Ruby Hare. Oh no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball Fight

The pwhaff of powdery and slightly damp snow coats the ruby fur of Pyrhra's ear in stinging cold snow. "H-hey! RRhh." The little bunny girl gives a half playful, half mad foot stomp, before tapping a small bracelet, then gathering a ball of snow the size of a melon. Pyrhra moves quickly for such a slim frame, and with a few big dashes and a long hop, a flash of white and ruby is sailing over Reinholdt's head. "Bunny hops.... and Bunny DROPS." Pyrhra dunks the snowball down as she sails over, a hint of a little pink tongue flashing as she passed. "Ppphhhttt!" The bunny girl's bracelet might only be good for lifting and carrying, not throwing... but nothing that a little bit of athletics can't fix.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Fight]

Rein looks slightly mortified at having hit a cute innocent little bunny. "Oh no. I'm so... sorr-"

Rein's apology trails off as he watches the bunny grab a rather large amount of snow and start moving quick as a rabbit. His head follows her movements, which proves extremely to his detriment later when she sails over him and just nails him.

There's just a moment of him lying on the ground, defeated, hearing some distant narration about how you're wondering how he get here. The answer is escalation and bad decisions. "Wow..." What a punch. He slowly lifts himself up again and brushes off the snow, laughing just a little and smiling at his assailant.

"You've got, uh, quite a pair of arms on you. And legs. And... yeah." Rein cuts himself off. She makes Rein using a snowball gun look kind of pathetic so he hides it under his jacket as he sends it back to hammerspace. He got hit, so he's out? Is that the rule? He also got in when he was hit. He doesn't actually know snowball fight rules.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

The Wolf and the Wallflower now with a fox!
    "They don't bite." A nine-tailed fox lady walks up to the frightened pronghorn and strokes the wolf. "They show up every year. I'm Jade." Like most nine-tailed foxes, she's magically potent, which the poor pronghorn might notice. "I'm guessing you're new here?"

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball fight

Pyrhra gives a soft giggle, brushing her gloved hands together to puff away the snow, before ambling up to the stunned Rein. The complements color the bunny's cheeks ever so slightly with a rosy red, and prompt a small kick of snow in halfhidden shyness. "Y-you are too kind, really. I had some help from Madame Ukry." The bunny pulls her sleeve back a little, showing the glowing runic band, then flicks her hair out of her face, a process that sends her long lop ears flopping back a little.

"My name is Pyrhra Novelle! You seem t-to know your way around here well enough too, haha. What brings you to the celebration?" The emerald eyes sparkle slightly, and the elegantly clad young miss offers her gloved hand to Rein, giving a small polite curtsy in her petticoat. "I-i came because I need to get out and see more things... course the cute boys and girls are a treat too!" The bunny gives a soft giggle, clearly having already gotten to the cider at least a little.

The wolf and the wallflower

Reuma gives a soft meep of surprise, standing softly and turning to the newcomer. The newcomer comment makes the pronghorn's shoulders sag just a little, and the masked healer nods. "Is it really that obvious? O-oh dear. My name is Reuma, healer and runewrit. I'm still getting my feet under me here." The pronghorn does sense the magic as they get closer to Jade, though at the moment the hot flush of embarrassment is more dominant, causing the healer's horns to spout little lilac sparks here and there. Where the sparks furl down and land, they seem to instill the air with a palpable feeling of the pronghorn's social awkwardness, making it easy enough to guess what is on her face under the mask. Reuma approaches and pets the wolf as well, though their mug of spiked cocoa does tremble ever so slightly. "Are you from around here? I-i could use a little more information on the festivities, if I'm honest."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

The Fox and the Wallflower
    "Don't worry about it. We were all new once," Jade smiles. It's clear she doesn't judge Reuma for her inexperience. "Nobody's really from around here. We all get stranded here, one way or another. But I've been here a few years. What did you need to know?" Jade's pretty sure Reuma's drink smells off, now that she's so close, but she's not mentioning it yet. She could be wrong, but she does have a fox's sense of smell.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

An aggressive shake of his head to try and get the snow out of his hair is less than successful as the icy white clings to him in this weather. He pats at it to no avail as well before giving up and leaving it as a decoration of the season. "Madame Ukry, huh? Afraid I'm not familiar," Reinholdt says as he peers at the runic band and grins. Ah-hah. Magic items always catch his eye and he can't help but let his pink, pupil-less eyes linger on the bracelet for a time before Pyrhra subtly draws his attention once more.

"I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire!" Rein performs his trademark flourish, do not steal, an elaborate but quick affair, before taking Pyrhra's hand and shaking it. "A pleasure to meet you."

He takes a moment to look around the place, drawing the celebration into focus. "Well I try to make it every year if I can. An... old tradition I suppose. I hope I know my way around well enough, I was here for the first one that ever was," Rein laughs with the nostalgic feeling. "At least, the first one in the Nexus. Probably why you can tell I've been around." He turns back towards the bunny. "A good place to meet up with people old and new. I've been wrapped up in work lately so getting out here was something of a priority for me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ghost in the Playground

The fox and the wallflower

Reuma considers the question. What did she need to know? "W-well, I mean I guess the important ones would be where the bathroom is, and normally I'd ask why I got given a hard drink as soon as I arrived, but it's really the only thing keeping me coherent i-in this crowd." The healer shifts softly from side to side, before pulling her mask up to take another sip. Her face bears a number of scars, including a large burn stretching over what might otherwise be an attractive face. "As far as curiosity, however... I'd love to know what is being celebrated. I was pretty much told after a home medical call t-to come out and... enjoy." Reuma's ears flutter softly, and as they ease into talking with the fox, the magic enrobing her horns slowly eases from lilac color, to a soft and cheerful green.

"And, I guess I'd love to know i-if there was anywhere that needed a healer or a medic. Jobs have been spotty for me, and my pack's been pretty light on rations, haha." There, again, another long drink from the mug. "And, looking at my drink, maybe where to get another one...."

Snowball Truce

Pyrhra gives a soft laugh at the display, however the laugh isn't at the flourish, more delighted by it. "A treasure hunter? How exciting! What've you found lately? Any good treasure? I've read about adventures like that in books!" The bunny leans in slightly, seeming to brim with youthful curiosity. At the same time, the brilliant emerald eyes look Rein up and down, as if to search him for something... or maybe just eye him up a little? It might be the booze.

"I can commiserate with your job keeping you busy though. Until Mistress Ukry rescued me, I hadta do a lot of really nasty things as work." The bunny nods softly, long lop ears wiggling back and forth as the gentle waves of ruby hair bounce slightly, a single lock crossing her eye. "You'd probably really like Madam Ukry though. They are a really powerful witch, and I'm sure they've seen lots of treasures." Pyrhra looks back and forth, and gets quiet for a moment. "They are reaaaaaaallllyyy old." Pyrhra bolts back upright and giggles.

Then she spins slightly, and makes a show of turning her cider glass over. "Oh, shame. It seems my drink is empty. Since you are both a treasure hunter, AND you know this celebration really well, howsabout you show me a where to find the best drinks and treats in the house?" Pyrhra winks at Rein. "Unless of course you know some secret of something better we find around here!"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

"Lately, ah, hmm..." Rein rubs the back of his head. "I must admit I've been stuck in an office lately. Though I've picked up a few gems here and there. And a baby statue made of gold. That was pretty nice. Magic smoke bombs... oh and this hat." Rein adjusts his ushanka. "Resizes whenever I change shape, magic warmth, and poison protection." Pretty handy.

He tries not to read too much into to being eyed over, though he does avert his gaze with a little red on his cheeks. "One of those ancient entities, huh? You think she'd have a lead on some magical artifact worth retrieving?" Rein asks with some interest. He usually avoids powerful witches, but has been trying to keep an open mind about them lately.

Rein ends up laughing a little as Pyrhra runs out of the most important liquid. "Well that's part of the wonder of Thanksmas. It changes every year so I get to explore it new each time. That said, I always carry..." Rein pulls out a flask and offers it to Pyrhra. It's got cider in it. He won't be offended if she doesn't take it, drinking some himself instead. "If you've been good, you can visit Santa and ask for a magic gift. He'll hand out all sorts of useful things, including flasks that never run out." Rein grins at the bunny as he casually suggests he has a real alcohol problem. "Honestly, myself? I was thinking about checking out the hot springs. I paid for one of the private ones. They're unique to this year, so... gotta see, right?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball Truce

"I can't say for sure, but they might! They have all sorts of knowledge. They could probably also make you potions or something to help." Pyrhra accepts a decent dose of the cider, sipping it from her cup, disappointing as it might be to loose out on the indirect kiss. "Much obliged, especially since I probably don't qualify on the 'being good' part this year... But what's this about a private springs, huh? Ukry always keeps one of those in their room for rituals, but I wonder what these ones look like." The bunny tilts their head slightly, thinking. "Of course, don't you lose out on part of the fun of the public springs that way? You'll miss out on all the peoplewatching!" There is a giggle and a wink, just the smallest edge of some buck teeth showing from the edge of Pyrhra's smile.

"Unless of course you've already filled your bath with private company!" The bunny gently elbows Rein, laughing softly, and bouncing slightly back and forth. "Yeah, that's probably it! Rein's filled the whole bath with pleasant company and doesn't need to soak with the rest of us dross." There was a small hic from the bunny, and the little gal seemed to enjoy teasing her companion. "Of course, is there any doubt, what with such a handsome face under a spiffy hic hat you found yourself? I bet you've got lasses and lads all over you." Another teasing flash of the bright pink tongue, followed by another little sip of cider.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

"This isn't normally a hard drink holiday, so I'm not sure about that. And you'd be better off asking our host about the bathroom," Jade motions to the shiny dragon on the Santa throne. "Thanksmas is a mishmash of a bunch of winter holidays from a bunch of different worlds. Peace on Earth, goodwill towards men. Thankfulness and joy, gift-giving, all that. It's pretty great." Jade laughs. "You're thinking of work at a time like this? Well, there's the big organizations always. Most of them provide room and board. VIGIL is the big heroes stopping world-ending threats. MERC does mercenary work. Steady money, I'm told, if sometimes unsavory. And there's GLoG. They're smaller than the others, but they do charity and humanitarian work. Used to be redemption for evildoers, now it's more providing for the homeless and providing daycare. All of them could use doctors and healers, I'm sure."
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-12-03 at 12:00 AM.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

"You can never have too many potions," Reinholdt says as he tasks the flask back and sips from it directly. "You should introduce me sometime. I'd be much obliged." It'd be a nice change of pace. And he's always made it a habit to meet interesting people whenever the opportunity presents itself.

There's a slight, nearly imperceptible shiver as Pyrhra mentions the public springs. It's probably hard to tell the difference between fear and excitement, but if she can, this is something repressed that falls into the latter.

"Ah, well, no... I mean, err, yes. Sorta. It's complicated," Rein says with a flustered blush as he pulls his hat down a little lower in some effort to cover himself that more or less fails completely. He takes another sip of his drink and it helps to steady him as his mind races for an explanation. "I've enjoyed company before, but unlike some... others, I'm by myself this season. So it'd be a dip just to unwind from socializing, you know? I always enjoy the quiet moments between the excitement." Rein chews his lower lip, contemplating something.

"Uhh, anyways, what about you? Surely someone as beautiful and energetic as you has someone in their lives to share in all the people watching?" Reinholdt looks around for a jealous Mister Bunny hopping about somewhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ghost in the Playground

Reuma seems to wilt at the mention of the holiday not being a hard drink one. That was definitely different than the ulfen lands... Signe would hate it here. "O-oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know..." For that instant, the green cheer fades from their horns, replaced with a guilty and morose blue, the magic crackling softly in the air. As Jade continues, however, the combination of warm spirits and good information begins to perk the pronghorn right back up. Soon all the magical fire around their horns once more glitters green, and with a good lead on a path forward, there is even a wash of refreshing magic over the area, as if the whole area was being rejuvenated. "That's... actually really good information. T-thank you so much."

The healer considers for a moment, then removes their mask, putting it to the side, so that she can see a little better. The slightest hint of a smile graces their features. "A-apologies for my appearance. I would.. like to try and get into the festivities a little more, though. What did you plan on doing here? F-for that matter, what do you do? I can feel a lot of magic running through your weave, if you don't mind me commenting on it..." The healer taps her staff softly, the crystal's glow starting to shimmer and pulse a little more festively.

Snowball Truce

The bunny's head tilts softly, lop ears hanging to the side as the emerald eyes watch Rein's reaction with interest. "You sound almost disappointed, hehe. Do I sense some jealousy for those others?" The bunny takes a few hopping steps around her fellow drinker, seeming to drink as much from his response as she did from her own cup. "I suppose some quiet does sound nice... the whole nexus seems to be busy forever and a half, so I guess I can't really blame you for not plying your looks and politeness into a whole gettogether." The bunny winks, shrugging softly in a way that makes the petticoat bunch up some and jostle her hair around.

"Me? Oh, I came here all alone. Mistress Ukry would mix with this like oil in water, and I don't really have much of anyone else." The bunny looks down slightly, a flash of sadness on their face. "Not that anyone would ask me anyways, I'm damaged and dirty goods, haha. Fun to look at, but I don't think anyone would really want to have me out. I guess that's parta' what I appreciate Madam ukry for; They are a witch, so we fit together like peas in a pod. Plus, she healed me up really well after some of my old clients got too rough." Then the smile's back, the little bunny bouncing some from foot to foot. "Why so interested in who I'm with? You gonna ask?" The bunny gives a snorting gigglefit. "Jeeze, I must be pretty t-tipsy haha, normally I'm wayyy more timid and shy!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

Reinholdt's lips fall into a thin line as he tries to hold back, but the drink in his system draws out the truth soon enough. "I mean... I know I should be happy for them, but I can't help but feel jealous at times, you know?" Rein frowns at his own weakness and knocks it back with a gulp of cider from his flask.

The unusual fey tries to cover it up with a wide grin shortly thereafter, letting silliness be his mask. It fades just as quickly as Pyrhra grabs a hold of his heartstrings and yanks as hard as she can. He somberly tries to put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey. Everyone in the Nexus gets a second chance to be who they want to be. Take it from the king of the damaged goods himself. You have a lot to offer this world yet and to anyone who would welcome you into their hearts. Don't give up and don't ever talk down about yourself, ok?"

Rein hesitates for a moment and withdraws his hand. "You know what? Why not?" He pops the top back upon his flask and tucks it away before holding out his hand once more, this time palm side up. "Would you go on a Thanksmas date with me?"

[Two Mothers]

Ilpholin arrives wearing a daring red ribbon dress that looks very cold for all the skin it shows. She holds onto the hand of a young child, looking to be about two years old. The young elf didn't look much like his phyrexian nymph mother, having olive skin and curly black hair. His eyes were dark as coal and though he looked around curiously, not an ounce of wonderment or joy of the festivities reached his face. It was distressingly neutral. At least the puffy jacket his mother fussily forced him to wear suggested a level of cuteness that perhaps didn't exist.

It doesn't stop Ilpholin from leading him about, a small smile on lips for getting to spend time with her son outside of combat training and poison class. She draws to a stop before Harley and her ward though. "Ah, how cute. Look." She gets Nahlrae to look at Manja, but little else. Ilpholin looks up from both children to Harley and pauses, thinking. "Oh, I'm sorry. Have we met?" She seems... vaguely familiar.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2021-12-03 at 02:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"You can just see that?" Jade asks. Then she sighs. "Yes, I've got magic. No, I don't use it." Not much of an explanation. "I didn't ask for it, and I don't understand it. It just happened to me, along with the tails and the ears and stuff." She pauses. "Maybe this should be a hard drink holiday. Where did you get that?"

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball Truce

Rein's soft and tender reaction catches Pyrhra with her guard down. "N-no I... but..." For a few moments the bunny's falls into a more timid, wide eyed reaction, but then it passes. She gives a quiet response, looking at the hand on her shoulder with a soft smile. "O-ok... I can try. No promises though." Letting Rein continue, the little rabbit makes to finish her cider, which turns out to be a poor decision when her companion decides to ask her on a date.

First, Pyrhra chokes on the stiff cider, gagging slightly, then she sputters out a response. "Ghhhk! A-a date? W-w-with me? I.. I was joking! I-it's just the c-cider talking! The ruby hare's face rapidly comes up to match the color of their fur, leaving no doubt that she was not, in fact, expecting Rein to take the bait. "i-i mean.. I wouldn't... say no." A white gloved hand takes Rein's, soft and light in his hand. "Are you.. sure? I wouldn't want t-to impose on your peaceful evening." Oh how quickly the mighty had fallen; it seemed that finally the bunny's timid nature had won out over their tipsy evening drink. She certainly hadn't drawn away from the handsome rogue, though!

"Oh, nono! Well, not exactly." Reuma puts both her hands out, bowing slightly and hoping she hasn't offended or upset Jade. "I-i'm a satyrlyrri... We can feel magic, sorta like a sixth sense. It's how I-i heal people. I'd... love to take a look, if the magic's troubling you some. I can kinda tell the difference between magic and curses..." Reuma reaches a hand up, rubbing the side of her head and loosening a few curling locks from her french braids. "A-actually, I'd better not offer that, at least just yet. I'm still nervous since coming to the nexus, and I really can't control my own magic too well when my emotions get the best of me." Reuma gestures to her horns, which still crackle and flicker with magic parroting the pronghorn's own emotion.

As for drink... I-i'm really not sure? It's almost like I felt like I could use a drink, and a mug found its way into my hand." Reuma eyes the mug once more, blinking at the absurdity, a little flicker of embarrassment crossing her face for not even knowing where it came from. "Maybe it's a thanksmas miracle? Although, if we wanted to find more... I might have a little trick up my sleeve!" Reuma smiled softly, and looked around the busy area. If I were Tuuli, where would I.... "Ahha! Look, right there! There's a cask nestled up in the decorations, out of reach of the kids!" Reuma laughs, thinking back to her boisterous moose friend, who no doubt would be shoving an ale into someone's hand at the same time as giving a little child a hand carved toy.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

[The wolf and the wallflower]

The wolf rubs its head against Jade's hand, then gives her a few curious sniffs. It does seem like the wolves are fairly docile and friendly.

[Not Fayyaad]

"If I'm to guess, some rorty bub." A master-class deduction from the good detective. "You should probably take it easy. The night's still young. Wouldn't want to snooze it away under a table."
    Last edited by Morty; 2021-12-03 at 11:53 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #85

[Not Fayyaad]

Braon gives him a vaguely-amused smirk. "You don't say?" She croons, pulling herself up (spilling more eggnog in the process) and staggering a little on her feet before she finds her balance again. "Obviously it's spiked. You'd think they'd make some mention of that, though, given there are kids about." She takes another long, deep drink from the cup and punctuates it with a satisfied burp. "Nothing to worry about, though. I might be plastered, but I'm not much worse like that than I am sober. Ha!" She gives Michalson a friendly little punch in the shoulder. Or at least, it was intended to be little. Braon isn't as in control as she thinks she is.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Firbolg in the Playground

Royals & Demons
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "...That is not something I had considered. We'll manage, though." Prumathe doesn't add 'I hope' to the end, though he nearly wants to- he wants to be reassuring to Sekhmet, now she needs it. "What kind of an interest?" What exactly is it she's worried about there?
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "I don't know, exactly. Not yet. But we, uh, have to be prepared for them to possibly do something, uh, they shouldn't. Maybe they, uh, try to use our child to, uh, get to me? I don't want our future child... Or, uh, children, endangered because of me." She rubs her antler nervously. "I guess I'm just worried? I don't know what will happen." A hug would be nice. Despite being a terrible and powerful demon queen, everything feels out of control for Sekhmet.
    From the depths of the connection to the hive, a bit of attention turns to Sekhmet. Oh, this is about the baby? It's Sophia, the original of Spike's flight of creatures, a strange person brought into the hive much like Sekhmet was. But less important, less valuable to the hive - partly because her powers, her essence, were easier to duplicate.
    Ah, it's so exciting. You're quite lucky, nothing like this has happened in centuries, I think.
    I mean, there were children born in the garden expansion research - but not to a noble. Probably in a month you'll be able to connect like this. Have you thought of a name yet? She seems delighted.

[Magpie-Buffalo Snowball Fight]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    As the ball comes flying towards her, Mishnehel disappears and reappears a short distance away, where the ball isn't. She bends down and makes another snowball, throwing it at Omiko who has sought shelter behind a tree from Reinholdt, but might just be visible and hittable from where Mishnehel now stands.
    "Oh, nice trick!" Omiko calls. Suddenly gone and suddenly there. Mishenehel's snowball flies straight towards her, sailing just past the tree - and a second mouth just pops up out of her arm to swallow the snowball whole. Chomp! Gone.
    Now, with Reinholdt taken out of the fight thanks to his stray shot, she can focus entirely on the half-elf, throwing a snowball with each hand, one-two-three.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-12-03 at 01:13 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Fox and the Wallflower
    "It's not that kind of trouble," Jade sighs again, but lights up a little at the prospect of a drink. She gets herself a glass and takes a drink without really caring what it is. "Magic doesn't make any sense, you know? It defies all known laws of physics. If I create fire," She cups a hand and a small, flickering wisp of blue-green foxfire appears, merely a tiny fraction of her magical potential, but the best she can do. "It's not burning any fuel or consuming any oxygen, yet it releases light and heat. That energy needs to come from somewhere, but it doesn't. Or if I turn into a fox," she doesn't demonstrate that, "Where does my mass go? It defies scientific understanding, and I can't stand it!"

Demon Royals
    Prumathe will immediately see Sekhmet's face turn into an enraged scowl, but she doesn't say anything. Don't you dare touch my child! Realistically, she should have known the Hive would take an interest. But she's very angry about this. She doesn't want her kid to have alien voices crawling around in their head.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ghost in the Playground

Fox and the wallflower

Reuma sips some more of her own beverage, watching the magic show with interest. The pronghorn's ears flick gently and then the healer reaches out a hand, one finger pulling a single glimmering fiber from her drink, which ceases to steam. "My people actually have a word for what you are describing. We call it the weave, because when we feel magic, it is almost like a fabric that flows into and out of everything. All we do to use our 'magic' is to pull at the threads and rearrange the pattern in them." Reuma's fingers guide the little gossamer thread of magic into a small ball, where it pops into a small flame, almost like a candle, then vanishes. "It's almost exactly like you describe; a force or something... uh..." Reuma struggles for words a moment, but it is clear that the healer's curiosity has perked up.

"Something that influences everything. Like, this cup is not magic... yet I can feel the pattern in it where magic flows through it, and if I take that away, what we call unweaving.." Reuma concentrates a little, then pulls a finger across the top of her mug, which seems to fade away for a moment, before the faun puts the weave back. "You lose a big part of what the original was. The only difference with people using magic is how easily they can touch the weave. A-although, if you don't mind, I'd love a chance to look at your magic. I, uh... Keep a journal of my learnings, to help me do better with my own magic." Reuma laughs, pulling the corner of a thick, old journal from their pack. "If you'd like, you could see the drawings I made o-of what a person's weave looks like when I'm using it to heal. I-i don't know if that would be interesting..."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Demon Royals]

How rude. The mental voice sounds a little less enthusiastic. More tired.
    Sekhmet, I just advise people. I won't be touching anyone, or even ordering anyone to touch anything.
    But what, did you think your child would be normal, when you're the way you are?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-12-03 at 03:07 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

"Really? That's fascinating!" This might be the missing link Jade has been looking for to understand magic... Although it will probably just lead to more questions. "Sure, you can take a look at my magic, if I can see those sketches." She's not sure what she expects to learn from them though.

Demonic Royalty
    I don't want your kind digging around in their head! Sekhmet argues back, Even though I'm, uh, what I am, my child should be able to have a mostly normal childhood! She seems adamant on that note.
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-12-03 at 03:25 PM.

My Nexus characters