New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ghost in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

The fox and the wallflower

"Heh, maybe we should find a table then?" Reuma drains the rest of her mug, then refills it from the cask, both of which are probably not the wisest decision, although the pronghorn was not know for her wise decisions. Her hazel eyes scan the surrounds, and finding a table, she points it out. "There's one! A-although, I hope you don't mind a little bit of closeness. If I had big branching antlers, I'd be able to sense the magic better, but since I don't, sometimes it takes me a bit of fumbling about to get a better idea." Reuma mimes a blind man stumbling, and gives an awkward wink, before starting to head for the table. Amusingly, now that her curiosity is stoked, the pronghorn's white fluff of a tail wiggles in excitement.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

Calm Reed shakes her head.

"I have never seen them. But the Immaculate texts say they do have forms similar to other, lesser elemental dragons. Which resemble other dragons I have seen in this place. Except here, it appears that a common feature of dragons are wings."
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

"Dragons come in a great deal of variety in my experience, though wings do feature a lot." Ambrosia admits. "But what does a dragon-blooded mean to you specifically? What makes you different from others?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

The Fox and the Wallflower
    Jade nods and takes a seat at the table. "I have no idea what's required for a magic-sensing, so you'll have to walk me through it.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Demons and Royals and Voices in Heads Get rid of one unwanted third wheel, and another crops up.

Prumathe is good at knowing when Sekhmet needs a hug, so he'll give her a hug. He's good at hugs, even if sometimes it feels like he's not good at all the other things he needs to do, to keep his family safe. "Everything's going to be fine. You'll be a great mum, and our child will be so happy. If they try anything, they'll have to get through me, right? Be they demon, god, or anything else." Hopefully that's reassuring.

Snowball Fight

Well, with Reinholdt getting distracted and wandering off, there's only one target for snowballs... and she's eating them. There's three headed towards her, but the drift needs to recharge (Earl thinks), so she dives to one side and gets hit once. She'll bounce back up and throw another at Omiko, hoping to hit the catgirl-thing in the face.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Michalson staggers back but manages not to fall over again. He sighs.

"If you were sober, maybe you wouldn't have confused me with the other basher. Sounds like he's not much like me at all."

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"It is a privilege and a burden." Calm Reed speaks with deep certainty. This is the bedrock of her faith. Or it should be... "Those of us chosen by the Dragons are but one life away from joining them and we must lead others to them. But that means we have a responsibility for those we rule or guide."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"So what exactly is your dragon-given gift? Since you sound more like champions of these dragons than actually related to them as you were chosen. Is that a correct assumption?" She did sound like a dragon to be fair. This idea of ruling the lesser races (or people in this case) was certainly there.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ghost in the Playground

Reuma sits down at the table as well, pulling up a chair close by. "Hopefully, not too terribly much. You'll be able to look through the book as I work, if you want." Reuma pulls out her journal, setting it on the table and unlocking the leather strap that binds it closed with a satisfying thunk as the leaves of parchment spread open. The reams seem unending, page upon page of beautifully handwritten notes, clearly illustrated medical diagrams, as well as a slew of knowledge that Reuma had collected over the years. It was organized well enough, and under the section labeled "The weave" there were detailed illustrations, with separate diagrams of magical patterns superimposed over different systems. It seemed that the weave flowed through everything, though the patterns and twists in the magic could be broken down to help clarify if it was associated with nervous systems, or an organ. Illustrations of wounds showed how the weave tore and tangled due to physical harm, and hints pointed to the illustrations having been made from battle wounds.

The pronghorn herself was busy with the examination. "Pardon my touch, and let me know if anything is uncomfortable, ok?" Reuma chose to take a look at Jade's arm, which wouldn't be too intrusive, but also had plenty of magical connections to gauge what was going on. Reuma concentrated, hands and horns sparkling a gentle green and blue color, and as she carefully moved them over Jade's arm, the color glowed over the surface of Jade's skin as well, leaving a somewhat refreshing and pleasant feeling. "I-if I find anything interesting, I might try a trick I learned to make it 'visible' to you, If you want. It's gonna take me a little to figure this out though, so if you have any questions about what I'm doing, let me know."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Demonic Royalty, and Voices]

Okay? You're still not getting anywhere by telling *me* that.
    That aside, do you even know what a normal childhood is like?
    Immense skepticism.

[Snowball Fight]

Aha, one hit!
    It seems Mishnehel isn't easy to keep down. The snowball catches Omiko right in the face as she's collecting more ammunition, leaving her sputtering and clearing away her eyes. A chance for the half-elf to escape, or to pursue victory - whatever victory might mean here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Snowball Fight

Mishnehel grins at the hit, but doesn't run off. "You surrender, or you want more?" She's making another snowball as she talks, though. She's hoping it's a surrender so they could maybe get a drink or something, but she's also driven to win and climb the tower. If that needs snowball fights, then she'll win snowball fights.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

"So far it's not so bad," Jade comments. "You did all these?" She flips through the notebook. She picks out one sketch in particular and traces her finger along the weave lines as they move through the body. "So you can just sense this? With your horns?" Jade, she already told you that. "Someone told me once that the tails of a Kitsune have a similar function, but I've never really been able to sense much. Of course, I'm not exactly a Kitsune anymore."

Demons and the Voices in their Heads
    Sekhmet is very glad to be hugged. She hugs Prumathe back. She is very warm, and in this cold, it's even more notable. Hey! She's not very happy about that comment. "Prumathe, you, uh, know what a normal childhood is like, right?" Great job Sekhmet. Way to pass the responsibility for answering that tricky question on to someone else.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Demons, Royalty, Voices

"Um, I guess. Why?" He was raised by a very short gay couple and one of his sisters can't be looked at, unless she alters her rules so there's still something you can't do without getting a mystic punishment. And he had at least one more sister, too, and probably others as well.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ghost in the Playground

The Fox and the wallflower

Reuma's hands continue moving gently, fingers occasionally skating over Jade's arm here and there. It's somewhere between a massage, and an examination, and every once in a while there is a strange twitch or curl of the muscle and flesh under the fingers. Each time that happens, Reuma enhances the comforting magics, and it's clear that the healer doesn't want anything to be uncomfortable. "Most of them. The older sections toward the back are collections of things I've found about my species. We essentially mostly died off, at least where I came from, so I was trying to reconstruct our old ways. All of those are my drawings, though."

Reuma glances over at what Jade is looking at, the scarred face betraying a moment of confirmation, as if the pronghorn new what Jade was looking at, but just had to look and double check for herself. "Sense is... kind of complicated really. The magic is always there, and with coaching, I haven't met anyone yet who can't at least feel it a little. E-er... at least not anyone who isn't cursed or weave damaged somehow. But our horns are a magical focus for our species, so much so that we were hunted down to use the horns as magical amplifiers and spell catalysts. It's not that others can't feel it; it's just that we've kinda got a way better sense of touch." Reuma pauses, then looks to the tails. "Would it.. be alright if I looked at one of the tails?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, that's terrible! I'm so sorry!" She seems genuinely upset about the genocide of Reuma's species, even if the healer herself doesn't seem that worked up about it. "Here." She turns around and sets most of her fluffy tails on the table, a couple sliding off to hang below. "So as far as you know, anyone could learn to do what you do? You just have an advantage because you're more sensitive?"

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #104
    Firbolg in the Playground

[The Voices in Demons' Heads]

She's no longer really invested in Sekhmet being happy. Eh. Anyways, normal childhoods are pretty damn bad. I hope you don't settle for that.

[Snowball Fight]

"Alright, you win this round." Omiko says, straightening up.
    "So, Merry Thanksmas. You're alright."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Alchemi View Post
    Snowball Truce

Rein's soft and tender reaction catches Pyrhra with her guard down. "N-no I... but..." For a few moments the bunny's falls into a more timid, wide eyed reaction, but then it passes. She gives a quiet response, looking at the hand on her shoulder with a soft smile. "O-ok... I can try. No promises though." Letting Rein continue, the little rabbit makes to finish her cider, which turns out to be a poor decision when her companion decides to ask her on a date.

First, Pyrhra chokes on the stiff cider, gagging slightly, then she sputters out a response. "Ghhhk! A-a date? W-w-with me? I.. I was joking! I-it's just the c-cider talking! The ruby hare's face rapidly comes up to match the color of their fur, leaving no doubt that she was not, in fact, expecting Rein to take the bait. "i-i mean.. I wouldn't... say no." A white gloved hand takes Rein's, soft and light in his hand. "Are you.. sure? I wouldn't want t-to impose on your peaceful evening." Oh how quickly the mighty had fallen; it seemed that finally the bunny's timid nature had won out over their tipsy evening drink. She certainly hadn't drawn away from the handsome rogue, though!
    [Snowball Truce]

There we go. Rein knows how tenuously held these promises are to not degrade oneself, especially in the face of history providing supposed evidence of someone's awfulness, but perhaps it will last just long enough to make Pyrhra's Thanksmas a wonderful one.

He'll have to do his part too, though right now, he's fighting back a laugh which still escapes him in small, wheezy spurts. Just in case she thinks he's laughing as some kind of joke on his part, his hand quickly wraps around the glove, holding it fast, but not tight. "I am quite sure. The good company of one or two far surpasses that of a quiet evening. And you are far too captivating to resist the opportunity to get to know you better." His wryness softens to what he hopes is an inviting and comforting smile as he seeks to set her at ease by leveraging his own unpreparedness. "Besides, if anything, I should be one who's worried. I usually have my dates elaborately planned well in advance. I have no idea what I'm doing here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ghost in the Playground

"It's ok, really! All the more reason for me to grow old and prosperous, right? As long as I stay out of trouble, I've got as many years as I need to bring lyrri back, hehe." Reuma smiles hopefully over to Jade, hands moving to a reassuring grip on the foxy lady's shoulder for a moment. "Yes, although not all weaving is the same. If you mess up, you aren't just making a mistake in a spell you know, you are fundamentally writing a mistake into the fabric of the world. If that's a simple thing, like making a flame burn with a blue color, or a flower grow upside down. But when you are working with more complicated things..." Reuma gently pulls her collar down for a moment, tilting her back to Jade. Carved into her neck is a malevolently red set of rune that seem to ooze bad vibes. "Well, let's just say there are certain things that are easy enough to make a mistake with when you have full sensation of the weave. Curse unweaving and wound magic fall into that category of risk, most of the time."

Pausing and taking a long drink, Reuma gently moves her hands over to hold one of the tails. As soon as the pronghorn touches the tail, there is a flicker of confusion across her face, accompanied by a flash of purple magic. For a little, the healer's touch is... rougher, with less respect for personal space, and more aggressive, as if the curiosity of what she had found was overwhelming her polite nature. "Ah... no wonder you have so much trouble with the magic. Most of your weave pathways are ripped, severed, and rearranged... Were... were you cursed?"

Snowball Truce

"C-captivating? I-i... please, you go too far..." Pyrhra's free hand tugs an ear slightly over her face, trying the shield the blush. After a moment, she whispers. "B-besides, it's not like you aren't a good enough match for looks..." There is a flash of white as her buck teeth pull at her lower lip, after which the hand that Rein holds tightens, dropping as the little rabbit sidles in a little closer to the rogue. She coughs softly, looking away and trying to hide the fluster by speaking... though maybe she's speaking a little too loud for how close she is."W-well then! I guess you'll just have to think on your feet, b-because I'll accept nothing but the best! I-i mean.. if that's ok? What should we do... first? I haven't really ever been on a real date." After catching herself speaking loudly, the bunny seems to settle down a little, looking to Rein for a little guidance.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

"Ah. So you admit you're at least as beautiful as me," Rein points out, doing his best not to grin too hard. He quietly shifts into her space as well until they can feel each other's heat radiating off themselves. Mmm... raw warmth. It always drew Rein in like a moth to a flame.

Rubbing his chin with his free hand, he considers. What does one do on a Thanksmas date? "Only the best, huh? Well alright. We're going to need to... build a snowbunny. Get some refreshments. Ohhh... caroling perhaps? Do you like to sing? And then the hot springs to cap it off. And if you think of anything else you'd like to try, we should do that too since it's your first Thanksmas." There we go. Three to four things to get in the spirit while providing ample opportunity to talk and stare at each other.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Demons, Heads, Voices
    Sekhmet psychically glowers at Sophia. She's not happy with this intrusion into what had, beforehand, been a nice holiday. "I, uh, guess that's another thing we, uh, have to deal with." She gripes. Prumathe probably wasn't privy to the whole conversation, but he knows what Sekhmet looks like when she's having a telepathic discussion with someone she can't see.

"Oh. Right, yeah, I was, for a while. I got the active component of the curse removed, but I guess it left effects behind, didn't it." Jade looks a little awkward at the discussion. The curse is an uncomfortable topic for her. "So... Is this something I should be worried about?"

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball Truce

The little white coated girl doesn't respond to Rein's flirt, but as he comes closer, she gently loops her arm comfortably around his, drawing her right into the crook of his arm. There is a lightly floral sweetness circling her, as if the bunny had been rolled in rose and honeysuckle. "A... snowbunny? Alright. That sounds like a good way to s-start. Should we... Find a quieter corner so it doesn't get trampled though?" Pyrhra looks up, the glittering emerald eyes lightly frosted in the chill air, as if the fluster had almost brought the little bunny to tears, but the chill of the air had stolen them away.

"I-i think after that I'll probably need something to eat. And maybe another drink, hehe." Pyrhra smiles again, leaning softly into Rein, just close enough to hide the puff of her tail's little excited wiggle, although it probably could be felt through her coat. It already seemed that she was having a much better thanksmas, if a little more easily flustered then an hour ago.

Reuma softly moves a hand into Jade's, griping with the intent to reassure her new companion. "No! Not at all, actually, much the opposite. It's something that would take some time, and a lot of study and testing... But I might be able to knit the pathways together with some work. T-that is, if you wanted to have more access to the magic." Reuma softly shrugs. "It'd be a slow process, kind of like rehabilitation, and we'd have to spend a lot of close time together. I completely understand if that's too much work, hah. But it would be a wonderful opportunity for me to learn from. I've worked directly with curses and weave repairs before, but never really with the sort of time and environment to get it 'perfect', so to speak." Reuma seems a little sad at that, as if she doesn't even want to settle for messing up a little, or fudging things to get the job done. "But you'd be a whole body's worth of practice, and it might even be easier to learn your innate magics as you get more and more, like someone growing into it!" Reuma's horns are wreathed in green and blue fire, the excitement of a graduate student seeing a breakthrough in research seeming to ooze off of her, and at the same time the healer's sympathetic magics begin to work, seeming to knit and accelerate healing for a small radius. It's strong enough right now to ward off the winters chill, and if one had a paper cut, they might even be able to watch it heal shut.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

Rein idly wonders how Pyrhra got her scent in this cold season, but quickly chalks it up to perfume as the most likely culprit. Still it was nice, though Rein didn't bring it up in case it sounded too creepy. You smell nice is third date level stuff or for just out of shower situations.

"Good idea," Rein says, having forgotten the sheer number of running children. He squeezes Pyrhra's hand gently and moves to lead her to a corner of the fort that's still within view of the lights and decorations, but possessing substantially less celebrators milling around.

Once at their designated destination, he'll let go of her hand as he crouches down to start packing snow together. "Well then. Tell me a little bit more about about Pyrhra Novelle. How long have you been in the Nexus?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Jade stops for a moment, looking a little concerned. Is this a "I'm asking to experiment on you," "I'm an amateur surgeon wanting to operate on you," or "I know how to heal you?" "That's certainly an interesting offer." Jade idly flips through the notebook for a few pages. Reuma clearly has a lot of experience with this form of magical healing. "So like physical therapy, but for magic? I could give that a try." It's an interesting prospect. "Maybe you could teach me some of the principles behind how it works too?"

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball Truce

The bunny girl kneels nearby, following Rein's lead and starting to gather snow. "Not long at all, really. Maybe a few weeks? Mistress Ukry really kind of took care of all the organizing and set up once we got here. I thought about trying to get some clients to help out, but the area seemed a bit rough, so Madam Ukry forbade me from doing that." The bunny gives the gathered snow a little roll, starting to gather a ball. Her ball building is careful and methodical, producing a pure white and round orb. "We met a nice engineer man who's been helping out. Oh! And I'm learning all sorts of things about t-the nexus. Pyrhra giggles softly, pulling a phone out of her pocket. "It's kind of an older model, we were told, but It's letting me learn so much. Communicating is so much easier here than in my old world... And then there is the internet... which is.. uh..." A long pause follows, the bunny's face flushing slightly. "An interesting place."

As she rolls the ball of snow, Pyrhra's tail continues to wiggle, and a bit of snow dusts the tips of her long fuzzy ears. While they are adorable, it's clear that Pyrhra is a bit irritated (earritated?) with having to stop and rearrange them, or brush snow off of them. It's a little bit cute, like a schoolgirl dealing with unruly hair. It even prompts an irritated whisper. "Stupid... why was I born a lop? At least you idiots make a nice pillow and blanket, otherwise I'd lop YOU off."

"Yeah, and it'll be just as much work and awkwardness as therapy, hehe." Reuma smiles softly, pulling her hands away, and taking another long drink. "Oh, of course I can! That'd be the perfect place for it too. It's so much easier to do magic on yourself, cause no one knows knows how to feel things out on themselves any better than that person. E-er... magically and medically speaking, of course!" Reuma's ears flop back and she flushes as she realizes halfway through the sentence that there could be two meanings.

"But either way, I'm not really gonna be able to start that here. Much MUCH too public, too many crowds and kids running around. Busy places are like battlefields.." At that, Reuma pauses, looking down at the pages of the journal, seeming to lose herself briefly in a memory. Shaking off the stare, she continues. "I-in that it's likely someone or something will interrupt. But enough about that, for now~ What about you? You know what I do... What about yourself?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

"We'll have to arrange a meeting later, when there's not so much going on." Jade pauses when asked about herself. "Me? I'm an electrical engineer by trade. I mostly make gadgets and work with holograms." Those words may not mean anything to Reuma. "Unfortunately, I don't have a convenient notebook to show you." She jokes.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

"What kind of clients does Madame Ukry get anyways? And... for that matter, what exactly do you do for Madame Ukry?" Rein knows that she saved Pyrhra in some way from some particularly nasty past that the lapin's hinted at. He can't deny a strong measure of curiosity for finding out all the details, but knows just how important it is to leave some things in the dark. Regrets that nothing can change.

The ball Reinholdt's collected ends up with too many sticks and leaves and it takes him even more time to extract the debris. "Ah yes. Phones really fall in and out of style around here. I think they finally settled to 'in'. Took me some time to get used to having one. Oh! Did you know if you lined up some text in specific patterns, they form emotions? Weird right?" Rein gets the last visible stick out of his creation and starts repacking the snow so there are less empty void holes in it. "Is it too early to ask for your number?"

He leans back to look at what he's done so far, judging if it's sufficiently adequate or not. Maybe it needs to be bigger? "I had to take a programming class for a big project I pulled off, but I don't know too much about the internet. Is it all that?" He's tried to bookmark a webpage once, but couldn't figure out how to slide the bookmark into the monitor.

Rein ends up chuckling a little at Pyrhra's frustration. "I think your ears are adorable, but do they cause you problems often? Do I need to hold them out of the way for you?" Rein's tone suggests he's not particularly serious with this suggestion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ghost in the Playground

"Certainly. A-although I might need to actually find a place to stay, ahhah. Unless you'd be willing to volunteer your own place, or meet in a seedy hotel." The pronghorn gives an awkward laugh, but quickly takes the opportunity to divert the topic. "Oh, Electricity! Right, the lighting feeling stuff that is piped like... everywhere around here." The healer seems to know about it, but there is a hint of exasperation in her voice. "I'm still... kind of getting used to how much of it is there. It's very... uh.. overstimulating. Especially the kind that jumps between those little boxes everyone talks into!"

Reuma shrugs a little. "I think I can manage to get used to it. If you work on that kind of stuff, you must be super smart! You probably wouldn't need a notebook like mine... I mostly have to use mine because I used to make a lot of mistakes." Reuma laughs softly, winking and tapping one of the scars on her face. "What about family? Is it a family trade thing, or did you apprentice?"

Snowball Truce

"It's all sorts of folks really. Ukry will see anyone, if they are respectful enough. She offers all sorts of stuff; potions, spells, help with life problems. As for me... I used to be a-" Pyrhra slows, and chooses her words carefully. "Um.. Courtesan. I work as sort of a maid or butler now; I keep the clients happy, a few winks and smiles here and there, some errand running, it's a lot like my old... 'job'... but a lot less demeaning."

Pyrhra gives a soft giggle as Rein both demonstrates he has a phone, and also still has less tech knowledge then someone who has been here only a couple weeks. However, the bunny gives a gentle nod to the question, shuffling over and putting her number on the phone screen for Rein. "Sure... If you want it, haha." After giving her companion the number, she stacks her ball onto his, and begins to roll a smaller third ball.

"I dunno if I'd call it all that. It seems like a whole lotta people need to learn how to find some fresh air on there. You probably aren't missing much." The bunny stands, observing the size. "I don't know if we should go any bigger if it's gonna be a snow bunny! It's almost as tall as me already." There's another giggle, like the chiming of the season's bells in the crisp air. "A-adorable? Y-yeah well you don't have to hold them up all day!" Pyrhra hops over and flicks the ears up and around Rein's shoulders, almost like a scarlet bolas, and succeeds in covering the back of his head in snow as her ears wrap around him.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

"I see," Rein says quietly, mind racing for a moment. "And what sort of respect does Ukry require? The customary kind or are we talking bring a present that will interest a witch kind?" Sometimes respect means 'payment'. Can't be too careful about not drawing the ire of witches.

And he understands now why Pyrhra's come to think of herself as dirty goods, even if that is an unfair assessment. Rein goes ahead and trades numbers in case she ever needs a non-witchy contact. Plus networking is a good way for him to hear about unclaimed treasures as well as many people tend to think of him first if they ever hear anything about the exotic and mystical.

"You're probably righ-rig-ahh." While Pyrhra focuses on the final pieces of the snowbunny body, Rein focuses on trying not to blush too hard. And failing miserably. To be fair, another part of Rein's sudden stop is just that her snow tipped ears on the back of his neck is honestly cold. But the rest of him warms up enough considerably to make up for it and they're just so soft. He shifts a little as he can feel the snow start to melt and run down his back, but can't bring himself to actually do anything about it, knowing he's going to be uncomfortable until he makes it to the hot springs. "One of these days I'll have to try," Rein suggests as if he wouldn't mind holding Pyrhra's ears for twenty-four hours.

Which frankly, he probably would. That's cramp level of holding right there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball Truce

"No, no... While I'm sure they would accept gifts, Ukry's most interested in cordial conversation, peace, and a healthy knowledge of when to leave when you are done with your business. At least, unless you are invited to stay." Pyrhra seemed to be careful to avoid saying no gifts, but it's clear that what Ukry wanted was more old fashioned rather then old cult fashioned.

The bunny took advantage of the surprise and fluster of Rein to lean softly against him for a moment, letting the ears drape around him and stealing a little bit of his warmth. But, after that teasing second, where the little thing was almost close enough to kiss, the ears began to slide away, and the little patch of warm against Rein's stomach was gone. "Here, I'll get the ears, can you find something for the eyes?"

Pyrhra is surprisingly good at guiding the three balls of snow into something a little more sculpted, choosing to go with a little more cartoony bunny form. After she finishes, there is a small step back, both gloves shining with melting snow from her efforts, and her little frame just barely starting to shiver, but a proud smile across her face. "There! All done, a-a-and no lop ears neither! What do you think? I think it's the prettiest snow bunny around." More giggles, then a press of an icy cold glove finger into Rein's side. B-but if you don't mind, I could use a fire and a warm meal... and maybe something to drink. What do you think?" The bunny offers a hand to be guided, though this time the hand is offered in a way that would let Rein knit his fingers with hers.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

[Snowball Truce]

"Understood." Maybe a tea bag or something small then. All witches like tea right? Or wait, would that be racist? Are witches a race? Bah. It was hard to think with these good smelling bunny ears near him and the warmth of her closeness. The only thing he was certain of was the way his heartrate kept rising.

And then the moment was gone and she was reminding him that there was a snowbunny to finish. "Ah, right, yes. Hmm..." Rein thinks for a second before choosing a pair of gold coins to affix to the front as eyes, being exceptionally careful with their placement so as to not disturb the art Pyrhra had worked on. Maybe not painstakingly, but very effectively. "I think it's the second prettiest. Really though, you have a real knack for arts and crafts. I'm very impressed."

Rein tries to gently shove the finger away because it's cold and also because he pulls out his phone one more time. He may be behind the times, but he's definitely figured out the camera feature and is definitely taking a picture or three of the snowbunny and will include Pyrhra if she wants to get in the shot. Some people are camera shy. Something about getting their souls stolen. Silly nonsense!

"A hundred percent. We need to warm up, get some gingerbread cookies and definitely eggnog or whatever else successfully inebriates. Have you had eggnog before? It's... eh. Ok." Rein really sells it, but his hand slowly closes around hers, going a step further as their fingers begin to intertwine. When... when was the last time he just held hands? He can't even think of it. There was something expressly intimate about the gesture. A second later he remembers the request and starts to walk with Pyrhra into warmer accommodations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "So what exactly is your dragon-given gift? Since you sound more like champions of these dragons than actually related to them as you were chosen. Is that a correct assumption?" She did sound like a dragon to be fair. This idea of ruling the lesser races (or people in this case) was certainly there.
    "The potential for the Dragons' blessing is hereditary, passed on from parent to child. The strongest bloodlines are those of the Great Houses of the Scarlet Empire," Calm Reed clarifies. It's been a while since she met anyone this curious about it. "So we do, in a very real way, carry the blood of the Dragons. Our Exaltation grants us power over the elements, as well as superhuman skills and aptitudes. We can go beyond mortal limits in anything we put our mind to. I'm a martial artist, but also an occultist, investigator and scholar, as a monk must be."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

"A seedy hotel? No, no, no. Listen, I know a barkeeper, she's super nice and likes helping newcomers, and she lets people stay in the rooms above her bar. It'd be safer and cheaper than any hotel in the red districts." Jade offers. She doesn't want her new friend to throw herself into danger without realizing it..
    "No, I went to college for it. So did my brother, so in a way, it is a family thing. And I wouldn't say I'm that smart. I have a lot of notes too, I just don't carry them with me. After all, we all make mistakes all the time." Of course a mistake in the design of a circuit is much less risky than a mistake when healing someone. At the same time, Jade is considering what Reuma said about feeling the electricity and even wireless transmissions. If she could gain that ability, it would take magic from something that she doesn't understand and wants to learn more about to something she could actually use for her work. Fascinating.

My Nexus characters