New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

Snowball Fight Over

"So're you! I'm Mishnehel. Want to go get a drink?" Probably not, as Omiko has a whole bunch of children running around and causing havoc, but the offer is made and Mishnehel doesn't know that.

Royal Demon Head Voices

"We'll manage, it'll be fine. Uh, do you want to talk to my dads, get some advice on child care?" Although they mostly fostered children past the baby stage, so they might not have any viable knowledge for the first few years.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ghost in the Playground

Snowball Truce-->Warm reprieve

The little bunny blinks at Rein's retrieval of the phone, but that confusion washes away when the camera app comes up. "Oh, right! Pictures! G-good idea.... Hmmm...." The bunny excitedly drags her compatriot over to the snowbunny, keeping his hand held tight, then looping them around in a perfect huddle for a selfie shot with the frosty sculpture. A few clicks later, and Pyrhra has wound back up on the arm, making it a bit difficult to one handedly respond to her excited effort to try and see the photos. "C-comeon, lemme see! OOHhh~ Look look! We look like parents! Our adorable snowy baby, hehehe. Pyrhra giggles gently, and gets up on her tippy toes to see the phone better. "It's got your eyes, heh~ There is a soft, playful wink...

And then the bunny is finally calmed down enough to led away. "Cookies does sound nice... but.. is there a chance for something a little more.. Uh.. filling?" As if on queue, the there is a long gurgling growl from down at Rein's side, loud enough that Pyrhra stuffs her face into his arm to hide her flush. "e-excuse me..." There it is again, that soft and fuzzy warmth, as if tucked under the long ruby hair and thick furry ears is a little radiator. Clearly to keep that warm, even shivering as she is right now, Pyrhra has to have burned through some calories.

The walk, at least in the beginning, is peaceful however. After about ten or so paces, the little bunny leans in just a little closer, the thick white wool of the petticoat seeming to mold around Rein's arm. Even though she is really putting some of her weight onto the held hand, and Rein's shoulder, Pyrhra seems exceptionally light, and as the pressure reveals, there is a decent chunk hidden behind the thick winter jacket that is exceptionally soft. The little twitches of shivers are noticeable, but they slow some in the shelter of Rein's side. Finally, the silence breaks. "S-so.. where do you live? All alone? O-or... is this just a little break from the family?" There's almost a hint of worry in her voice, as if she might be second fiddle, to be dropped away after the evening.

The fox and the wallflower

"O-oh yeah? That could work..." Reuma blinks a little, her memory jogging some. "Actually, that sounds a lot like the place I stumbled into on accident.... T-to.. togs? I couldn't ever manage to find my way back, but.. uhm... Zee? She was very nice." The pronghorn thinks back for a moment, fingers drumming on her chin thoughtfully. "There was something really odd about her, especially in the weave, but... Not in a bad way, you know?"

But why hadn't she been able to navigate back? Normally she was good with maps and directions... Oh, right. "Actually, speaking of which.. Does noone use a map around here? I've been looking all over for a map to follow and write on, but I just can't find any." Of course, if the poor healer didn't really even know that much about phones or holograms, a lot of the modern maps would be flat out inaccessible to her. Combine that with her antisocial tendencies and... Reuma just thought the nexus was a labyrinth. "Surely there i-is somehow that everyone knows where to go..."

The mention of college catches the faun's attention though. She had heard of it, but they were so rare in her world. "Oh wow, you really are super smart! A real college graduate... I remember seeing a college when I was being shuffled through a city on the campaign trail. It looked super nice, all gleaming and academic! I still regret not being able to stop in, but I was only.... 14 at the time, I think. The captain didn't want to make a detour if he could get down to the desert arms front and get a good forward post." A twinge of sadness colored the voice, as if that good forward post wasn't good at all.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Not Fayyaad]

Michalson staggers back but manages not to fall over again. He sighs.

"If you were sober, maybe you wouldn't have confused me with the other basher. Sounds like he's not much like me at all."
    [Not Fayyaad]

"Well, I wouldn't know." Braon concedes, leaning against a nearby table, swirking her drink plaintively. "...Truth be told, I... haven't spent as much time with him as I would have liked." She shrugs. "I only had a few conversations with him. As much of an impression as he's left, I can only get to know him so well that way." She smiles. "Nice guy, though. Definitely would like to meet him again. And I can always check with that ring I gave him for any hidden douchery."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

The Fox and the Wallflower
    "Yeah, that's her all right. Sure, she's strange, but she's really nice. She's helped me out of more than a few pickles." Jade listens to Reuma's story with interest, and a little sadness. "You were a child soldier?" That's unfortunate. Or maybe 14 is considered adulthood where she comes from?
    "Maps are a bit weird, but doable. The place shifts around every once in a while, so they go out of date frequently. If you have a phone, there's a few different apps you can use for it. Otherwise, Riftline maintains an accurate map that you can see at any station, and I'm sure there's a magical alternative too, but I'm not familiar with it."
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-12-04 at 03:14 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Voices and Royals]

Uh-huh. I'll remember not to offer you help in the future.
    Sophia is clearly of the opinion that Sekhmet is the cause of most of Sekhmet's problems.
    But it sounds like she's not planning to bother her any more.

Snowball Fight Over
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "So're you! I'm Mishnehel. Want to go get a drink?" Probably not, as Omiko has a whole bunch of children running around and causing havoc, but the offer is made and Mishnehel doesn't know that.
    "Sure thing! I'm Omiko."
    No one has ever accused Omiko of being a responsible guardian.

But the kids are supposed to be able to look after themselves (and/or each other), right?
    See, just look at them...chasing the kobolds on their magic carpet, completely zoned out, and getting hot chocolate, respectively.

"Now, I was cursed by an archdemon to be unable to properly appreciate alcohol, but at Thanksmas there's plenty of drinks that actually have a taste." It really diminishes the appeal of taverns, though. "What do ya do, other than use cool powers to win snowball fights? What was that, by the way?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-12-04 at 04:42 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ghost in the Playground

"No, no.. Only a medic, haha. It was pretty common for Lyrri, actually." Reuma takes a long sip of her drink, ears flattening and clearly wanting to move on. Sure, she had only been a medic.. But what had she seen? "I can't really fight at all. Once or twice I tried a little, and only succeeded in hurting myself, heh."

The doe's ears perk at the mention of maps however. "Ah, yeah. I guess that's why I've been having so much trouble getting around." Then there is a little bit of a sheepish blush, and the pronghorn leans in some. "W-would... you mind explaining what an... 'ahp' is? I've looked at the phones for sale a few times, but... I can't afford one just yet, untill I get some more consistent work, and I couldn't even get the ones in the store to respond to me. You uh.. You wiggle your fingers at them, right?" The there is a long sip, the healer's face flushing more. "A-actually... if you wouldn't mind... I could use like, a children's level rundown of e-lick-tonics, ahah."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Voices and Royals.
    "Uh, maybe?" Sekhmet replies. "We can, uh, talk to other friends who are parents too, like, uh, Zee and Geneva." She thinks they can make this work. They have friends, they can get help.

"That's much better, honestly. It takes courage to do something like that." Jade thinks about the question for a moment. "It all starts with energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. But it can be changed between different forms. For example, when we eat or drink, our bodies store the energy from the food we consume, and then expel it as heat and movement. Electricity is just another form of energy. It's the same thing as lightning, just more contained. People created machines that can convert energy from other sources, such as movement, or fire, or sunlight, into electricity. From there, that energy can be stored in batteries or transmitted through metal to be converted back into other forms of energy; for example these," Jade gestures at some festive lights nearby, "Turn electricity into light. Phones are a lot more complicated." She pauses as she thinks of the best way to explain computers to someone who's probably never used a more complicated calculating machine than an abacus. This also gives Reuma time to ask questions if she wants.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Voices and Royals

"Yeah, exactly. We've got this, it'll be fine." He'll kiss Sekhmet at this point.

After Snowball Fight

"That? Drifting." Which doesn't necessarily answer the question adequately. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Any way to break the curse, or does it have a good side? Mostly, not really all that much. I used to be a thief, but I don't have much need to do that any more. I was in Skyside, but I'm free now, and I don't plan on going back." Mishnehel takes a mulled wine, and a mince pie as well.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ghost in the Playground

Reuma nods softly, listening to Jade's explanation. The pronghorn softly cups one of the lights, hand glowing electric yellow for a moment. "I see... then all of the different.. uh... is flow the right word? All of the flows of the energy are being used to do different things?" Reuma reaches over to her journal, flipping a few pages to an illustration of a brain, and some nerves. "Sort of like what happens here in us, just with e-lick atrocity instead of the chemicals in your brain?" Reuma rubs her chin softly; interestingly it seems that the medic is able to come into bioscience from a completely different direction than modern medicine, due to their observations combined with with their magic. "I guess it's gotta have a different way of controlling the 'signals' though... But I imagine getting the signal right is what makes your job hard? I know that it's tough to get a potion or herbal medicine right when I'm treating someone... I can't imagine how you manage to keep track of and manipulate all the signals running around in those little tubes!"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Michalson scratches his beard. This really isn't a topic he has much insight on. He attempted two relationships when he was younger before realizing he has no interest in them at all.

"Parkin' your ears on him though a magic ring isn't a very good way of getting to know him. Could you find him again and just swap the chant?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    New Arrival -Avalanche

Thanksmas is a funny time for Mr.C. Usually lizards tend to sleep over the cold time, but hes not a real lizard. His creator was a funny guy anyways, just think about a lizard the size of a human hand should take care of a big magical library. Funny, right?
    At least one thing is really nice, the little stuff animal lizard can walk over the snow without sinking in. so he taps with his little paws over the snow when suddendly an avalanche from behind burys him under the snow. Only his short green tail shows out of the snow where he was and some dull shouts for help come from the snow. "help!"
    As Mr C calls out, a figure arrives, one who would be very hard to spot if it wasn’t for the tiny felt reindeer antlers, even tinier glowing red nose, and tiny sleigh being pulled behind.

Reginald has arrived and he gently grabs Mr. C’s tail with his mouth to pull him free.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Demons, Royals, no more voices
    Sekhmet gladly returns the kiss. It's good to not deal with these problems alone.

"The basics are fairly simple. It's when you get into more complicated things, like phones, that it takes a lot of study to understand." Jade retrieves her phone and sets it down on the table. "Eventually people figured out how to use electricity to store and manipulate information. 'App' is short for 'application.' Its a programmed sequence of data operations. They can get really complicated. Most phones start with just simple ones for operating the phone's systems. Sending messages, searching the internet, those sorts of things."

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Not Fayyaad]

Michalson scratches his beard. This really isn't a topic he has much insight on. He attempted two relationships when he was younger before realizing he has no interest in them at all.

"Parkin' your ears on him though a magic ring isn't a very good way of getting to know him. Could you find him again and just swap the chant?"
    [Not Fayyaad]

Braon shakes her head and her finger. "Getting to know him wasn't the point." She says with a shrug. "I mean, it's a nice side effect, but mostly, I... well, I sort of made an ass of myself when we first met. Tried to steal from him, and sweetheart that he is, he didn't hold it against me at all. So I ended up giving something to him." She fiddles with her finger, imitating what she'd do if she were wearing a ring. "Enchanted some of his jewelry. Put just a tiny bit of myself in it... and it's her job to bring him good luck." She sighs and takes a sip of eggnog. "I really just wanted to make up for the terrible first impression I gave him. I... well, you know how I felt about him."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ghost in the Playground

The doe's head tilts slightly to look at the phone a little closer as Jade explains. "Searching the internet? Oh, like the.. uhm.. the board things I can use to order stuff on. Someone showed me how to put currency into the bank, and how to use the ordering boards... I needed some bandages for folks." Reuma pauses, then gets a sheepish look. "Oh, and if they can send messages, I bet there is a talk function in the phone too, huh? No wonder I keep getting weird looks for responding to someone talking out loud when they walk by..." Reuma's face flickers deeper crimson, and she takes a long swig from her mug.

"Would... it be ok to take you shopping some time? It'd be really helpful to know if I'm getting a good deal or not on one of these tools. I-i could pay you back by cooking you a nice dinner or something after working on your magic." The way the pronghorn talks about it, it sounds as if she really doesn't charge anything for healing. "But... that's all super informative. I-i'd ask more questions about it, but...i'm starting to feel a little bit of the drink, you know?" The shy healer whispers the last part, as if she might be judged for it.

"Did you come along to the celebration with anyone? I-i didn't have anyone myself, but I'd appreciate being able to share your company tonight."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Warm Reprieve]

Reinholdt snorts with bemusement. "Parents, huh? Well if it's got my eyes, then it has your nose." If there was something less similar to Rein's pink eyes than the golden coins, then it would be the complete lack of a nose to Pyrhra's nose. Maybe their baby got switched at birth by mistake. But the thought experiment certainly catches Rein's mind for a time.

"Oh of course. There's bound to be some turkey and ham and whatever it is kobold dragon things eat." A second later he realizes that maybe, just maybe she's not a carnivore like he is, that maybe Pyrhra's mouth doesn't water for meat. "And some of the finest salads and fruit trays. I've never been to a Thanksmas celebration that's skimped on the choices." Rein squeezes her hand a little to let the bunny know it's fine. Most living creatures get hungry. It's the ones that don't that you gotta worry about. Well and the ones that do. Honestly, it's perfectly reasonable to suffer anxiety at all times.

Each step Rein takes feels like his feet get lighter and his heart gets warmer, even if it's just his arm that's absorbing the brunt of the heat. Reinholdt himself is soft only in so much as he has on quite a few layers specifically to cushion against undesired zombie bites, so it's harder to get a feel of the person beneath the cloth. "Well it's kind of a break from family I guess you could say? But I don't live with my brothers so it's not much of one, even if we keep in touch. I did get lucky on the lottery pull to be the one to come today," Rein grins a little. HALOholdt was so mad about it too, but the rules are binding. "So yeah, I live by myself in Seaside. I have a nice little beachhouse there if I do say so myself. A great deal warmer than here that's for sure." Rein has noticed all her shivers up til now.

Which is why when he reaches the door, he pulls it open for her quickly so they can get inside. The fireplace roars with the skin and meat of dead trees, the difference between inside and outside incredibly stark. Rein even decides to pause to drop off his heaviest jacket at the coat check, stripping down to a more reasonable sweater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ghost in the Playground

Warm Reprieve

"Oh wow, a beachhouse! I've only ever gotten to see the beach from the portholes on a boat... Living alone sounds rough though. It's really nice that Mistress Ukry has a few folks in a... um... not a cult, they don't like that word." The bunny rubs her chin. "A coven, maybe? I dunno. But the old cleric man makes me pancakes sometimes. Do you ever wake up and make pancakes while watching the sun rise on the beach? That sounds nice..." The bunny leans onto the arm, seeming to daze off into a daydream. Maybe she was imagining eating breakfast in that beachhouse herself.

As the door opens, Pyrhra follows Rein's lead, taking off her hat, gloves, and coat, which get hung appropriately to dry a little. It's then that Rein is able to get his first full look at her. She wears a full circle swing dress, decorated with pink poka dots on a navy background and an open front halter top accent, an outfit that looks simultaneously like an innocent old fashioned diner waitress while still managing to show her entire navel. Her skin is immaculate, soft as a pair of sheer socks, and the bunny's long stockings stop just short of the slightly miniskirt length dress, adorned with little pink ribbons. The top of the dress manages to perfectly accent her ample, but not excessively proportioned hourglass figure. A lacelike choker glimmers with several magically shimmering gems, each sparkling with a little trapped flame. Sweeping her hair up and then letting the gentle ruby waves cascade over the thin shoulders to fix a bit of hat hair, Pyrhra takes a long look around the room. "Oh look! There's a small high table over between the fire and the tree that's all by itself. How about that one? It'll be a bit more private."

The bunny doesn't really seem to wait for an answer, skipping over and grabbing a plate, tail wiggling gently as the spry little gal loads the plate high with some of everything laid out, from succulent ham, to salad, and even some mashed potatoes swimming in turkey gravy. Somehow Pyrhra manages to elegantly balance carrying both that overloaded plate, and a big mug of eggnog, before taking them back and putting them on the table, with what looks to be a long pretzel stick slowly disappearing into her mouth the whole way over. Of course, it is a high table, and so the bunny has to stand on her tip toes to get everything up to the middle of the table. "H-hey... Rein... could you help me with my seat?" Pyrhra looks over, the gentle smile and inviting hand making it clear that while she has plenty of athleticism to get up by herself, the ruby hare was going to take this extra chance to get close with Rein.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Warm Reprieve]

"Oh? She has a whole coven. I guess I was under the impression it was just you and her." Was this actually a cult? Pyrhra says it's not, but she might be too close to Ukry to have an objective opinion. Guess that depends on a lot of factors Rein's not going to be able to suss it out without a direct meeting.

As Pyrhra removes her own clothes, his eyes fall upon her and his breath catches. His gaze soaks her up as if trying to devour her, but it lingers on select areas, including that magically shimmering choker. A predilection for all things shiny and valuable has him instinctively imaging ways to discretely remove that particular piece of clothing from Pyrhra, but it was far from the only piece he imagined divesting from her body. "You really are breathtaking, you know that?" Reinholdt says with complete sincerity.

Nature compels him to follow her, gathering less food for himself than she does, but moving at a slower pace because of how often he glances over at Pyrhra's animated tail. The one thing he manages to match her on is the size of his mug, which he places down with the rest of his meal before turning to a Pyrhra in need of a boost. "Of course," He says, smiling and kneeling to get a good solid grip around her... umm... ah waist. Yes. Granted, this meant that when he lifted her up, she ended up taller and closer to him than she needed to be and the sight Rein saw in that moment is one he would treasure. Alas, he seats her down, the entire encounter taking seconds, perhaps less. It was a chance to show off an adventurer's physique at least as he didn't have much trouble with the lift.

Reinholdt takes his own seat thereafter and slowly starts upon the meal, never taking on more than can be easily swallowed between conversation. "So anyways, I usually sleep in too late for the sun rise, but I do catch the sunset a lot. Well, no I sleep through that too. Honestly, it's hard not being tired. But when I have caught it, it is pretty amazing. You're welcome to come over some time and we can have a sun watching pancake party. But what about you? Where do you live?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Up until now, Michalson's engagement in this conversation was trying to lessen Braon's awkwardness and "might as well talk". Now, however, he's visibly curious. It happens the moment Braon mentions the ring.

"I've never heard of dazzle like that. Putting a bit of yourself in it? How long does it last?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #139

[Not Fayyaad]

"Depends." Braon shrugs. "In theory, forever. In practice, she'll only last until she's erased... probably unintentionally and not all at once. It's like... hm." She leans back and tries to figure out how to explain this. "You and everyone else already put a little bit of yourselves in whatever you touch. Go to sit in the same chair every day for a few years, and eventually it adapts. Kinda shapes itself to you." Braon smiles. "The big difference is that I can do it faster and on purpose. But only so much... after a while, it stops being a thing I changed and more just a thing you have. Like... like if your friend borrows your chair and doesn't ever return it."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground

After Snowball Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "That? Drifting." Which doesn't necessarily answer the question adequately. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Any way to break the curse, or does it have a good side? Mostly, not really all that much. I used to be a thief, but I don't have much need to do that any more. I was in Skyside, but I'm free now, and I don't plan on going back." Mishnehel takes a mulled wine, and a mince pie as well.
    "Seems pretty unbreakable, but there's upsides too." Omiko grabs up some eggnog and a mug of cider.
    "Did you steal enough to retire, or did you just go legit? I was a pirate for a while myself."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

"Dazzle that can last forever? Even in theory, that's not common." Michalson rubs his chin. "I've only run into it a handful of times. How can it be erased? On purpose or otherwise?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

"Sure, I could help you go shopping," Jade replies. She doesn't seem too concerned about the drinking yet. "I came here with my brother. He's around here somewhere. Why do you ask?"
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-12-05 at 11:32 AM.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #143

[Not Fayyaad]

Braon gives an exaggerated shrug, downing about half her cup before it magically refills itself. "Well, if you wanna do it all at once, you're probably outta luck... unless ya know a way to scrub the magic out of something." She gives a little burp before continuing. "Most of the time, they just get erased through continued, unacknowledged use. Or maybe not so much 'erased' as 'demotivated'. Kinda hard to tell, really." She waves her hand in a dismissive sort of gesture. "Any way, if you needed to get that done fast-like, I'd go for depressing the hell out of them. These enchantments are very sensitive to their own determinations; it's why giving you a ring that wants you to be happy actually produces good luck, as opposed to just hugging your finger and doing nothing else. So if one of these things decides it no longer wants to exist, or worse, wants to stop existing..." She makes a little "poof" gesture with her hands. "Gone. Never to be heard from again."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

"I do happen to know a couple o' ways to do just that," Michalson says, then realizes he probably shouldn't have. The Rites of Interdiction is something he tries to keep close to his chest. "Emotional dazzle, sounds like. I've seen it 'ere and there. Not as strict and academic as the bookish spellslingers."

25. - Top - End - #145

[Not Fayyaad]

"Oh, please." Braon drones. "There's nothing academic about magic. You can't even begin to disect it like a carcass until you've beaten it down and diluted it into nothing." She gives a contemptuous little huff. "I might not always like my ancestors, but I can't deny that their wishy-washy magic is in a whole other league from Lunamancy."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ghost in the Playground

Warm Reprieve

Seated atop her pillar of a chair, Pyrhra carefully tilts and walks the high seat over a little closer to Rein as he finds his seat. The rabbit's face bears a sly smile, as if concocting an evil plot. Leaning over, she whispers softly to her kitty compadre. "Alsooooo... Before I eat too much and my breath gets all stinky..." The bunny's hand loops around Rein's neck, pulling him over with a surprising degree of firmness, as Pyrhra turns her head and locks lips with him. After a few moments, she breaks away, leaving a flavor of honey and melon lipstick like a ghost of candies past on his lips. "There, now I'm really breathtaking, hehe." Pyrhra slowly pulls away, patting his cheek softly as her hand leaves him.

"I would love to join you there! I dunno about sleeping all the time though. When I'm tired, I usually just make some tea or coffee; Ukry won't let me sleep in because it makes it harder for them to get potion work done if I'm not around to run out and pick up ingredients." The bunny begins to eat, not impolitely, but also with a voracious speed that could put soldiers in a grub hall to shame. It does raise a little question of whether or not she's chewing the food enough, as she almost never seems to talk with her mouth full, but it's also probably not a good idea to question a girl that can eat you under the table. "Mmnmhhm~ 'hish is really good. I should ask for the recipe for this venison, sometimes I hafta cook stuff to entertain guests." The bunny has another juicy bite.

The eggnog, thankfully, doesn't vanish nearly as quickly, and Pyrhra does seem to be pacing a little bit so that there is something in her belly to temper the drink's effects. "That's.. kind of a complicated question, really. Ukry's domicile doesn't really follow normal rules, so mosta the time I haveta just follow one of their message butterflies home the first time or two. I think Mistress can kinda put it wherever is convenient. Once it was even just a doorway into an empty forest!" Pyrhra laughs softly. "The inside is super nice though. There's a vending area, a workshop, a buncha guest rooms, and a pretty nice bathhouse. Each has a little theme about it. My room is all decked out like a princess towerrrr!" Pyrhra rests her cheeks on folded hands in an overexaggerated romantic look. "I don't like Grimmjaw's room though. It's like a tribal warroom, with hardly a cot in the corner, and the big wolf doesn't seem to sleep. I'm sure Mistress Ukry would be happy to show you around, when you meet. I think right now one of the doors opens to... uh... sky-something or other, and another opens to an ally near a tavern. For some reason Ukry won't actually let me go to the tavern yet though. Do you know if there is something weird about a place called 'Trogs'?" The bright green eyes glimmer with curiosity and life.

"W-well uh... it's just that there is a number of things going on around here that could use a partner... and I was gonna ask if you wanted to do some of them together. I just didn't want to impose if I was, you know... taking someone else's place." Reuma flushes gently and rubs her neck, eyes wandering the crowd for a few seconds as she takes a slightly too big gulp of drink, succeeding in gagging herself for a moment in a flash of embarrassed magic sparks. "L-like, there's some sleigh rides, a-and what looks like ring toss with reindeer antlers..." In her fluster, it doesn't occur to Reuma that she already has a set of horns. "And of course t-there's the hot springs, w-which I heard about, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to go in alone. I-i don't know, would you like to do anything a little more fun then shtare at journals and talk about jobs with me?" And there it was.... the very slightest hint of a slur in the blushing faun's voice.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Two Mothers]

Ilpholin arrives wearing a daring red ribbon dress that looks very cold for all the skin it shows. She holds onto the hand of a young child, looking to be about two years old. The young elf didn't look much like his phyrexian nymph mother, having olive skin and curly black hair. His eyes were dark as coal and though he looked around curiously, not an ounce of wonderment or joy of the festivities reached his face. It was distressingly neutral. At least the puffy jacket his mother fussily forced him to wear suggested a level of cuteness that perhaps didn't exist.

It doesn't stop Ilpholin from leading him about, a small smile on lips for getting to spend time with her son outside of combat training and poison class. She draws to a stop before Harley and her ward though. "Ah, how cute. Look." She gets Nahlrae to look at Manja, but little else. Ilpholin looks up from both children to Harley and pauses, thinking. "Oh, I'm sorry. Have we met?" She seems... vaguely familiar.

[Two Mothers]

Neither the distressingly-neutral look nor the fact that he doesn't seem to look like his mother really stand out to Harley; after all, Manja doesn't look very much like Harley so it would be weird for her to judge on that. And she knows kids haven't learned to pretend to care about something yet, so that seems...normal. Only reason Manja is looking around so much is because everything is brand-new for her. She's never seen so many people in the same place.

Harley holds her baby so that Manja can look back at Nahlrae, while Harley tries to figure out what mechanism of cold resistance Ilpholin's using. If it's magic, that's boring, but...maybe it's something more natural? That would be interesting, she thinks.

"Probably not," Harley replies, shaking her head. "Haven't gotten out often. Not since well before she-" Harley lifts Manja to show what she's talking about "-was born. And when I do go out, I tend to be more of a damsel-in-distress, so if we have met, it must have been in that kind of situation."

She looks down at Nahlrae. "This is Manja." Looking back at Ilpholin, she asks, "So what's his name?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    New Arrival -Avalanche

Thanksmas is a funny time for Mr.C. Usually lizards tend to sleep over the cold time, but hes not a real lizard. His creator was a funny guy anyways, just think about a lizard the size of a human hand should take care of a big magical library. Funny, right?
    At least one thing is really nice, the little stuff animal lizard can walk over the snow without sinking in. so he taps with his little paws over the snow when suddendly an avalanche from behind burys him under the snow. Only his short green tail shows out of the snow where he was and some dull shouts for help come from the snow. "help!"
    [Avalanche]

The slimegirl had noticed a little lizard get trapped under the snow.

Lizards need warmth, right?
    She looks around frantically, trying to see if there's anyone else who noticed. Isn't anyone going to rescue the baby lizard?
    She waves a little, trying to see if she can catch anyone's attention...but gives up pretty quickly. Even if she does manage to attract someone's attention, how's she going to tell them about the lizard? It's not like she can talk.

Feeling there's no choice but to do it herself, the slimegirl goes towards the pile of snow.
    She looks through the pile and notices the little tail. Oh! There!
    She starts 'digging' into the snow.
    It's not so much digging, though, as she reaches and puts her semi-liquid body on the snow and waits for some of it to get absorbed into her and melt. She shivers, because it's cold.
    But, still, she reaches in, to try to get the lizard out of the snow.

After some effort, she manages to get the snow off of the stuffed animal, and pokes it to check if it's still alive.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

"Can't I?" Michalson folds his arms across his chest. "I've been doing it most of my adult life. No dazzle on my own, but I know a lot of dark about it that many spell-slingers would give their grimoires and toads to learn."

29. - Top - End - #149

[Not Fayyaad]

"That a fact?" Braon raises an eyebrow and waves her hand over her cup of eggnog. "You know any other mages who can do something like this?"

And with that, she sloshes the beverage at Michalson.

Sort of. By the time it reaches him, it's not really a beverage anymore. More of a little off-white slug that crawls around on his shirt like... well, like a slug. At least for the first minute or so. If he goes to pull it off, it'll shift to avoid him, slipping through his fingers.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    As Mr C calls out, a figure arrives, one who would be very hard to spot if it wasn’t for the tiny felt reindeer antlers, even tinier glowing red nose, and tiny sleigh being pulled behind.

Reginald has arrived and he gently grabs Mr. C’s tail with his mouth to pull him free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Avalanche]

The slimegirl had noticed a little lizard get trapped under the snow.

Lizards need warmth, right?
    She looks around frantically, trying to see if there's anyone else who noticed. Isn't anyone going to rescue the baby lizard?
    She waves a little, trying to see if she can catch anyone's attention...but gives up pretty quickly. Even if she does manage to attract someone's attention, how's she going to tell them about the lizard? It's not like she can talk.

Feeling there's no choice but to do it herself, the slimegirl goes towards the pile of snow.
    She looks through the pile and notices the little tail. Oh! There!
    She starts 'digging' into the snow.
    It's not so much digging, though, as she reaches and puts her semi-liquid body on the snow and waits for some of it to get absorbed into her and melt. She shivers, because it's cold.
    But, still, she reaches in, to try to get the lizard out of the snow.

After some effort, she manages to get the snow off of the stuffed animal, and pokes it to check if it's still alive.

[Avalanche]

Guess the easy to miss Reginald got missed by the slime girl or maybe she thought he will eat the defenseless lizard? Nah Thanksmas is all about sharing and presents and snow. SO MUCH snow. Indeed so much that Reginald would not be able to pull out the little lizard in the first place. The snow is now at men heigth what it wasn't just a moment ago, but the preasure it does on the little stuff animal is enougth to trap him.
    Lucky for Reginald the slime girl comes over and helps pushing snow away. So now the half green, half blue stuffed animal lizard hangs down reginalds mouth and when poked just drops coins on the ground. It is noticable that the lizard is freezing. A scarf still lays in the hole he was and the coins he drops seem to have the stuff anyimals face.
    "W...Ww..wa....r.......m.........t" he just says between two pokes.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK