New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ghost in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

Reindeer Games

Of course Tuuli couldn't be expected to sling three bells with accuracy: In truth they really only intended to hit with one or two, but three gave a good spread and limited the options for retreat. And of course, as Jade was working on repositioning, the blur of a beast blew by with a speed that causes a literal backdraft. This wouldn't be so concerning, except that Tuuli was managing to pick up whichever bells missed, run at that speed, and toss a snowball into Reuma's face... All while making a face at Jade that was silly enough there was no way Tuuli could see what they were doing. Yet somehow the moose snakes in and out and around obstacles without missing a beat.

Reuma, on the other hand, lets out a yelp, halfway into sneaking up on Jade to put a bell on, and takes several tumbles through the snow before standing and letting out a laugh. "Nice shot Tuuli!" Reuma tosses a bell each at Jade and Tuuli, before taking a moment to brush the snow off of herself.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    "What did she put in me? What did she put in me?!" The slug begins, growing an orbular head and bubbling out a mouth so it can make this declaration. "She... I... huh." It blinks a pair of newly-formed eyestalks and looks over at her creator. "What did you put in me?"

"Nothing much, just some mommy issues." Braon shrugs. "Now hush. Grown-ups are talking."

The slug falls silent and curls up on Michalson's shoulder, staring at him unblinkingly with its beady little eyes. It might be cute if it weren't so gross.
    "Mommy issues, huh? Been there, done that," Michalson remarks. "But did you create a sapient being just to make a point?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

"...I suppose you're right. That was kind of stupid of me, wasn't it?" Braon concedes.

"Aw, now don't say that!" The slug gives a cheerful little smile. "You didn't do a-"

"Oh, shut up." Braon snaps, glaring at her creation. "Nobody care what you think. You're not a person. Noboby loves you, nobody ever will love you, and we're all better off without you."

"I... you... what?" The slug sniffles, somehow.

"You heard me. You're worthless, little better than an accident. I'm ashamed to have made you."

"...Oh." The slug looks down dejectedly.

If Michalson doesn't have any words for it, the slugnog will then proceed to melt away, turning back into ordinary, non-magical eggnog.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

[After Snowball Fight]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Kind-of neither. There was this powerplant generating energy from this bird thing, and it was an infectious idea. More you thought of bird, the more bird you became. I helped shut it down, but got very bird as a result. But there was a thing afterwards, which I used to fix myself except now I'm an angel. So I don't need to eat as much, and I can eat whatever, so most of my bills went out the window, and I was able to leave Skyside, so I don't really need to steal any more." Although sometimes, Mishnehel still does steal things. Not often, but it was part of her life for so long it's a habit that is proving tricky to break.
    "Energy from an idea, huh. That's interesting all right." Did it need people to keep thinking about it to work?
    "And you're an angel, huh? A thanksmas miracle!" There's a tiny whisper in Omiko's ear, warning her that there's something quite wrong about Mishnehel. "How does that work?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Reindeer Games
    Jade only briefly glances up at the bell dangling from her fake antlers. She can hear it, she knows it's there. She barely looks at Reuma's toss either. She's sure it's going wide. Her hands close around the tree branch above her, and she jumps, swings back and forth on it a couple times, building momentum, and then swings nimbly up to balance on the branch. "Come and get me, you two!" She dangles a bell in her hand, preparing to drop it on anyone who walks beneath her.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

After Snowball Fight

"Mostly it involves killing these nasty goblin things and climbing a Tower, to be honest. I'm a little bit of a clueless angel." She did do a thing to learn more, but apparently she wasn't paying enough attention to it. She needs to go out and maybe see if she can find Lapis, or Selekhael, or the other one she met whose name she can't remember right now. "They aren't nice goblins, not like the ones running around here. The ones I met had a pirate ship." But the plot didn't really finish. "How about you, though? What're you doing when you aren't throwing snowballs at strangers?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

[Not Fayyaad]

Michalson has seen much and done much, but seeing Braon berate her creation is still unsettling. Like seeing someone make their child cry in front of him.

"So you created it and then made it depressed enough to just wink away," he summarizes. "That sure is a new one, and believe me when I say it's not easy to make me think so."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    A Very Beary Thanksmas

Aran is also distracted by looking around at all the festivities and bumps into the bear.
    ”Oh, sorry Thanksmas Bear. Wasn’t looking.”
    He grins looking at the bear’s costume.
    ”Heh. You know, I was a bear once.” You’d think someone who was a talking bear for at least a minute wouldn’t talk to a bear like this as if they were a lost pet. But Skyside doesn’t have a lot of talking animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

Calm Reed shakes her head.

"I am a monk and a Dragon-Blooded, but they are not the same. Dragon-Blooded can pursue any vocation they wish. Monks fulfil a specific role and many... most, in fact... are mortal. Our task is to enforce the tenets of our faith and social order. This requires us to be able to root out heresy and sift out truth from lies." She glances over at Ambrosia's horns. "I did notice, but... there is a staggering variety of people in the Nexus. It is hard to make assumptions. And we Dragon-Blooded do not grow horns."
    A Very Beary Thanksmas

The bear tilts their head as to look past Aran. You have to be pretty darn distracted to not notice her so she wanted to see what he'd been distracted by.
    Seeing nothing, she figured that the guy was just absentminded. Which was totally cool, she could be like that sometimes too.

But this guy had been a bear once? Awesome! They should do bear things- oh hey, she knew that guy!

Well, she had seen him once at least. Wasn't sure if he had seen her. Looked like he was really tried. Maybe he needed some cheering up?

The bear sits down in front of Aran and than waves their claw in the direction of Michalson and Braon. If she was the 'thankmas bear' then she should bring them some cheer!

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"That's fine." Ambrosia assures Calm Reed, she wasn't much of a fan of the horns either. They betrayed the illusion of humanity that she tried so hard to maintain but they took a lot of energy to keep down.

"But I imagine that things must be difficult for you if there's no such order to maintain in the Nexus. I certainly haven't seen any and I've been all over this world. Must come across as rather chaotic in comparison to your own."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

A Very Beary Thanksmas

Aran looks between the bear and the person she's gesturing at.
    "Huh? You want to see them? Or, wait, do you want me to do something with them? I don't know a lot about bears even if it's something I can try being again." He's not really sure what the bear is trying to communicate with him.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

10. - Top - End - #190

Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Reginald will turn around and gently place Mr. C inside the sleigh, which just so happens to have built in seat warmers and a tiny blanket inside that he will put onto Mr. C.

He looks up at the slimegirl and chitters happily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Avalanche]

Guess the easy to miss Reginald got missed by the slime girl or maybe she thought he will eat the defenseless lizard? Nah Thanksmas is all about sharing and presents and snow. SO MUCH snow. Indeed so much that Reginald would not be able to pull out the little lizard in the first place. The snow is now at men heigth what it wasn't just a moment ago, but the preasure it does on the little stuff animal is enougth to trap him.
    Lucky for Reginald the slime girl comes over and helps pushing snow away. So now the half green, half blue stuffed animal lizard hangs down reginalds mouth and when poked just drops coins on the ground. It is noticable that the lizard is freezing. A scarf still lays in the hole he was and the coins he drops seem to have the stuff anyimals face.
    "W...Ww..wa....r.......m.........t" he just says between two pokes.

[Avalanche]

Yup! The slimegirl didn't notice Reginald.
    Luckily, though, Reginald had something that could warm up the lizard, because the slimegirl is incapable of warming up the stuffed animal.

The slimegirl looks down at the chittering Reginald. She smiles at him, and gives a little wave.

Well, she figures the Santa Reginald will be a better conversation partner for the lizard than the slimegirl, so she backs off and lets the two smaller people talk with each other, or whatever she thinks Reginald and the defenseless lizard are going to do.

Spoiler: quote
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Two Mothers]

The cold resistance has gotta be something about Ilpholin's skin. It's not quite natural looking. Almost synthetic if Harley looks close enough to realize it.

"Ah. My mistake. I don't really rescue damsels," Ilpholin says unapologetically. Still Harley seems familiar anyways. She just can't place it. Ah well. Must not be that important then.

The phyrexian nymph smiles and looks down, squeezing the kid's hand for attention. "This is Nahlrae. Say hi to Manja, Nahlrae."

The kid looks up at his mother for a moment, then to the baby presented for introductions. "Her future has already arrived," he states quietly as if Manja was on death's door itself.

[Two Mothers]

Definitely probably synthetic, Harley concludes. Maybe some kind of prosthesis or something, which could explain why: it's something mechanical or an insulator or something.
    If only Harley knew more about robotics. . . . .
    Oh well.
    She doesn't, so she can't, so that's that. Better than magic, but because it's mechanical Harley doesn't know enough to replicate it.
    "Most people don't, I've found out. Makes sense now, why in so many of the newer stories the love interest has to save herself." Like in the newest installment of Nymph of My Dreams, which was actually slightly disappointing and fans speculate it's because of the success of the movie adaption and the company that bought the rights used their wealth to bully the original author into giving up some creative rights and following a more formulaic story, essentially undoing all the main character's character development, restarting all relationship progression with the titular nymph, and retreading the original plotline but safer and more amenable to marketing, including writing out some of the Watchforce-inspired-fanfic characters and replacing them with stereotypes...based on those same characters. As a result, Harley's considering looking for a new series to follow.

Harley makes Manja wave back, as she tries to figure out what, if anything, Nahlrae meant by that.
    Meanwhile, Manja blinks.

"By the way," Harley adds, asking Ilpholin, "You know any good bookstores or libraries? Lost my personal collection a few years ago and I've already read all the good ones in the HALO library." (After getting those light-to-thermal glasses back when she was pregnant, she pretty voraciously read through them to make up for the months of being unable to read.)
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-12-07 at 07:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191

A Very Beary Thanksmas

The bear nods and then waves its claws in the same direction as if asking Aran to come along.
    Then they slowly starts getting up from their sitting position the bear then runs over to Michalson and Braon.

They stop not far away from them, sits down, and then waves.

12. - Top - End - #192

[Not Fayyaad/A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"Told you it's nothing like what you've studied." Braon replies. She doesn't seem to be at all remorseful about crushing a naive newborn spirit, which makes it rather fortunate she doesn't have access to the internet.

It takes her a moment longer than it should to realize there's a bear coming at her. "Either I'm a lot drunker than I thought, or we're about to be clowned." She grumbles, pulling her scarf back up over her face. "Act like you're having fun. That usually makes them go away quicker."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

A Very Beary Thanksmas

Aran looks very confused but he can’t think of a reason to disagree with the large bear. He’s not sure what it wants him to do but he follows regardless.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

"It's... a bear? I think it's a bear. I'm not confusing it with some other big, hairy animal, right?" Michalson waves back at Anika awkwardly. "Is it part of the celebration, like those wolves?" At least he thinks they're wolves. Could be dogs.

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"It... can be difficult," Calm Reed admits. "There is only one other Dragon-Blooded here that I have met." And one disinclined to listen to her, at that. "No one thinks much of hierarchy and the proper order of things. Those with power do as they will, those without power often seek it recklessly. But I serve with Vigil and do what I can."
    Last edited by Morty; 2021-12-08 at 04:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ghost in the Playground

Reindeer games

Tuuli pauses to survey the situation. Jade was up in a tree, and Tuuli still had two bells left. Of course, Reuma was a mess, and if Tuuli wanted to win, all they had to do was sling two more at the pronghorn who was currently failing to pick up her missed bell because she slipped in the snow Tuuli had kicked. But where was the fun in that? "Aye, tha's a neat trick. But the real question is whether ye' should run to a tree... To get away from a woodworker." Tuuli throws a wink, then packs a snowman head sized snowball....

Giving a small turn like a shotput champ, the moose lobs the ball... High? Way high! It lands in the tree, but only just the higher up branches... Although the vibration does cascade down the tree, loosing several laden boughs of accumulated winter white. Down below, the moose stood with hands on hips, judging the effect of the wintery deluge, and also looking for which spots on the tree still had snow to rain down onto the fox. Meanwhile, Reuma had taken to creeping up on the back side of the tree....

16. - Top - End - #196

[Avalanche]

It does need some time to get the freezin lizard back so he likly misses the slime.

"Thanks" he says to reginald. "It seems like it is still thanksmas so I didn't froze for too long. How can I repay you."

I'm not sure what Reginald is so I delay Mr.C s reaction. If he would be a cat Mr.C will freez as he had made BAD experience with cat and catlike folk.

[Table]

A man is at the snacktable, using one of the free plates to create his own mix of sweets. Since he doesn't even eat one of them it might be strange to putt them on a plate.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Reindeer Games
    It takes time to pack a snowball, time in which Tuuli won't be able to move quickly. Jade uses this to her advantage to throw a bell at her antlers. Once the snowball is thrown, however, Jade manages to keep her balance in the deluge of snow, but is thoroughly blinded by getting snow in her eyes. She doesn't flail or panic, she crouches down, keeping one hand on the branch and using the other to wipe her face.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Avalanche]

It does need some time to get the freezin lizard back so he likly misses the slime.

"Thanks" he says to reginald. "It seems like it is still thanksmas so I didn't froze for too long. How can I repay you."

I'm not sure what Reginald is so I delay Mr.C s reaction. If he would be a cat Mr.C will freez as he had made BAD experience with cat and catlike folk.

[Table]

A man is at the snacktable, using one of the free plates to create his own mix of sweets. Since he doesn't even eat one of them it might be strange to putt them on a plate.
    Reginald is not, in fact, a cat, but an adorable little snow weasel with felt antlers and tiny glowing nose.

And now that Mr. C is warming up in the sleigh, time for a sleigh ride!

Reginald will start trotting along, pulling the sled along at a steady pace, not too fast, though.

As they go, Reginald will look around for Felandria.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

19. - Top - End - #199

Man, one of these dudes, the woman Anika didn't recognize, sounded like a total buzz-kill.
    Why would she even go here if she didn't want to have one? She looked pretty miserable considering how she seemed to be trying to hide.

Well, she had a secret weapon up her sleeve.

The bear gestures towards a sock which is hanging from its neck like a necklace and then gestures at Michalson. It seemed like the bear wanted him to do something with it.

- - - Updated - - -

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"It... can be difficult," Calm Reed admits. "There is only one other Dragon-Blooded here that I have met." And one disinclined to listen to her, at that. "No one thinks much of hierarchy and the proper order of things. Those with power do as they will, those without power often seek it recklessly. But I serve with Vigil and do what I can."
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

"And what makes you seek out and serve VIGIL specifically? They don't exactly have the strict hierarchy which you described. Though they do have some semblance of one I suppose." As opposed to everything else around here.

20. - Top - End - #200

[A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"Yes and I think so." Braon mumbles back. "As in, that is definitely a bear, and I think he- sorry, she- is part of the festivities. Some kind of entertainment, I would guess. Or rather, an attempt at it." Seeing as to how the bear didn't come bearing booze or scantily-clad dancers, Braon is of the opinion she's being a pretty bad entertainer.

Still, when the bear pulls out a sock, Braon decides to play along. She'll eye the foot garment curiously, looking back between it and the bear as she waits for some kind of holiday-themed magic trick.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-12-09 at 10:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

A Very Beary Thankmas

Aran shrugs at the two.
    "Don't ask me. I was just asked to come along for the ride."
    Not asked per se, but close enough.
    "Definitely a bear, though."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

[A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"I presume that if it were to maul me, it wouldn't be 'ere. Thanksmas magic and all. So here goes nothing."

He slowly (not that he's very good at moving in any other way) approaches Anika and reaches inside the sock with his hand.

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"They do not, but they use their power to stop others from abusing theirs. It is close enough to what I did as a monk. I had to adapt." Calm Reed betrays little about how difficult it might have been. "Our commanders do take a somewhat flexible approach. They have to, I imagine. Their subordinates tend to be wilful and independent people."

23. - Top - End - #203

[A Very Beary Thanksmas]

Somehow Michalson pulls out a large black mug out of the socket. There was no way it would have been able to fit in there, yet here it is.
    A brief inspection of the mug will reveal the large letters reading COFFEE on its otherwise unadorned surface.
    While the mug itself is nothing special there's a small chain right next to its handle. The kind you normally pull to turn off and on old-fashioned lamps.
    If Michalson would pull the chain the mug will start to fill with coffee. But while the mug itself is obviously magical and will keep the coffee comfortably warm as long it remains within it, the coffee itself is not and made by an ordinary brand which just so happens to be his favorite (and seems to change whenever he gets tired of one brand and wants to try something new).

As Michalson pulls out the mug the bear claps its paws together excitedly before turning to look at Braon.
    It was her turn now! Touch the magical thankmas sock!

- - - Updated - - -

[Thank Amassing Aegis]

"They do not, but they use their power to stop others from abusing theirs. It is close enough to what I did as a monk. I had to adapt." Calm Reed betrays little about how difficult it might have been. "Our commanders do take a somewhat flexible approach. They have to, I imagine. Their subordinates tend to be wilful and independent people."
    [Thank Amassing Aegis]

"They are." Ambrosia admits from just having a little bit of experience with them. "Now to move away completely from my original line of questioning, what is your opinion of the commanders? Would you say they're good at their job? Whatever your opinion I will of course not share it."

24. - Top - End - #204

[A Very Beary Thanksmas]

Braon just rolls her eyes at this. Really. What could Anika possibly have in there for her? She's nearly broke, so anything with a maintenance cost is going to be something of a backhanded gift. At the same time, she regularly gets served food from the same chef as Sekhmet, so a one-off foodstuff of nearly any kind is going to be redundant at best. And she really doubted she was going to pull out anything she really wanted; Anika could't take love or self-esteem and slap a bow on it. She's expecting to get a horribly underwhelming gift no matter how this goes.

But Anika isn't going to go away if she just stands there, so into the sock her hand goes.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ghost in the Playground

Reindeer Games
    The toss was well aimed, and Tuuli was paying attention to snow, so it had to be a dead ringer.... Right? But then how did the moose know to tilt their head at almost the last instant, the bell sailing past the horns by a mere finger's width. It was an almost a fluke, random luck... except the lyrun moose laughed almost immediately afterwards. Of course, that meant the fox was going to have to come back some time.... Just gather more snow.

Of course, that was not the only threat around... Reuma used the deluge of snow and ice to athletically climb up just behind Jade, about to place the bells by hand onto her horns. Of course, the jig would be up when the first bell rung.... but if she tried to put all the bells on... Of course, Reuma was absorbed in the sneak attack when Tuuli cranked the next snowball, releasing a wave of snow that knocks the pronghorn right from the tree with a yelp, falling into a thick snow drift. She might have been able to land one or two bells in the desperate flail as the snow hit, however. "Funny, Ah thought ye were ground animals, not tree squirrels! Ah woulda brought mah squirrel feed iffn' Ahda known. Ohohahhaah!"

Spraypaint and Blackfire

"You know, spraypaint's great and all, but I find fire gets more attention." Just behind the angel's vision, a cold, imposing voice speaks. A small fwoof sounds, and an impossibly hot spark of fire curls by, black in the center and white around the edges, before hitting a rock and bursting into what briefly looks like a rip into space itself, ebony background set with stars and nebula. As the fire fades, it leaves a foot of water and steaming ground around the rock, while the rock itself rapidly dimmed from a molten orange glow.

Dressed in onyx black scalemail bedecked with a number of brilliant weapons stood what looked to be a half dragon. Laying somewhere halfway between terrible lizard, and blue-grey elf, while she stands fairly short, the dragoness exudes an aura of cool confidence. Brilliant pink irises glow with the same strange quality as her fire, as if looking into them would make one fall into the abyss of space. "Sup?" The statement is cool, radiating a give no ground attitude that beset the dark warrior vibe floating around the dragoness. Where the woman's scales extended beyond the armor and leather, it seemed glimmer with a soft iridescence hidden in the background. The halfblood pulls up a single claw, lighting a bundle of bitter and poisonous smelling herbs with a finger, before pulling a draw from it, and blowing a puff of acrid smoke through her sawteeth. "What brings a bird like you out here, other then backing out on what you wanted to do?" The tooth filled elfin face smiles in a casual manner.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Reginald is not, in fact, a cat, but an adorable little snow weasel with felt antlers and tiny glowing nose.

And now that Mr. C is warming up in the sleigh, time for a sleigh ride!

Reginald will start trotting along, pulling the sled along at a steady pace, not too fast, though.

As they go, Reginald will look around for Felandria.
    [Avalanche -> Slide]

Weasels aren't mich better from Mr.C's knowledge. Sure He didn't had any experience with them, but on the other hand books mention they hunt rodent and alike. Kinda not good for a small creature like Mr.C. But he does know that Felindria got such a creature as her pet, which makes him wonder if it has also the ability to rise in size. Or maybe he can fly the sleigh?

"Hey..eh.. can you just get me to the hearth, please?" Mr.C tries in Weasel speak language. Jep he can speak nearly any language.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ghost in the Playground

[Spraypaint and Blackfire]

Atsede nearly jumped in shock when she heard that unfamiliar voice right behind her, followed by that rush of intense heat. She stared in awe at that strange burst of void-fire, and then in turn as it dissipated at the glowing puddle where a rock had once been. It took her a fair few moments to gather herself, but once she had, she spun to face the stranger.

"Who ar- woah." The teen took a step backwards as she found herself face to face with a simultaneously rather cool and rather intimidating half-dragon. "Uh... Sup." She responded, doing her best to sound equally cool and not at all rather taken aback and unnerved like she actually was. Who was this woman? And what she did want with Atsede? She was clearly a warrior of some kind, Atsede could tell- it's not like the weapons and armor made it hard to tell. And what with the intense space fire, and the very energy that this woman exuded, Atsede could also tell that she was clearly a really strong warrior.

The womans next remarks sparked enough rebellious energy in Atsede for the teen to regain her metaphorical footing somewhat. "Oi, I'm no bird! And I'm not backing out of anything, alright? I'm just not stupid enough to do it in front of that." She gestured vaguely towards the crowds and the dragon on the Thanksmas throne. Atsede shrugged. "Why wouldn't I be here? Big party, everyone's talking about it. Being stuck at home's [redacted]. Of course I'd come check this place out." Her eyes narrowed, and she wrinkled her nose at the foul smell of whatever it was that the dragon was smoking. "What's it to you anyways?" All of this was said with a lot of confidence Atsede wasn't sure she actually had.
    Last edited by Meowmai; 2021-12-10 at 10:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

[A Very Beary Thanksmas]

Braon will pull out something quite peculiar.

She feels herself grabbing onto what feels like a rough tree branch and out of that tiny hole she pulls out what at first glance appears to be a bonsai tree roughly the size of a basketball. However, while it stands in normal soil the tree itself is petrified and completely made out of bronze colored stone. The trees leaves have somehow crystallized and have frozen in place.

But perhaps most eye-catching are the 'fruits' growing from it. They appear to be a part of the tree itself at first as they share its bronze hue but a closer look will reveal they're actually diamonds and other precious jewels which are growing directly out of the stone.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

[Two Mothers]

"Nahlrae! Just 'Hello' when you're meeting people." Ilpholin says with raised voice before turning to Harley and Manja. "I'm so sorry about that, he's... well I blame his father." It's definitely his fault.

Nahlrae doesn't seem particularly perturbed by his scolding. "Yes Mother." Mother was the alpha, so she should be listened to.

For now.

He turns and watches the baby whose future is already written while the two continue to converse.

"Those stories are better, I think." Harley should consider following the person the Nymph of My Dreams was based on. Her life is much more interesting than stolen fiction and hacked reboots. "Not that I read much stories I admit. I just don't find the time. I'm afraid libraries are more my brother's forte but I haven't seen him since the Spooktober before last." And their conversations are awfully short, usually consisting of attempted murder.

"Honestly, what little I read's online nowadays. You should look into picking up a tablet. They make ones solely for reading if you want it cheap."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Firbolg in the Playground

[After Snowball Fight]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Mostly it involves killing these nasty goblin things and climbing a Tower, to be honest. I'm a little bit of a clueless angel." She did do a thing to learn more, but apparently she wasn't paying enough attention to it. She needs to go out and maybe see if she can find Lapis, or Selekhael, or the other one she met whose name she can't remember right now. "They aren't nice goblins, not like the ones running around here. The ones I met had a pirate ship." But the plot didn't really finish. "How about you, though? What're you doing when you aren't throwing snowballs at strangers?"
    "I've got a pirate ship. Doesn't prove nothing about a person."
    Omiko sighs, and turns it into a laugh.
    "You know, meeting cute angels and stuff."
    "I'm kind of seemingly trapped here in the Nexus forever, so I've been trying different things. Piracy, fashion design, leadership, thaumaturgy, inspiring superheroes, etc. My latest gig kinda fell through after we were betrayed by demons so now I mostly explore the ocean."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine