New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post [2nd Edition] Guns & Gears Sniper

I'm not entirely sure where to post this, maybe the 5e forum.

ANYWAYS, I was looking through the Guns and Gears book at my local game shop, so I didn't have much time to get into the specifics, but me and my friend thought up two different character concepts. I liked the idea of a White Spellscale Kobold Sniper. In the ways of kobold feats, I'd take the snare-setter feats, and take the racial feats that give me a tad bit of spellcasting (I forgot what they're called) Taking 0:Message, 1:True Strike, 2: Invisibility, 3:Haste, 4: Dimension Door.

I definitely want to use the Arquebus as soon as I get one, until then, using the flintlock musket. But beyond all that, I really don't know what else to do. I have glanced through the Gunslinger feats enough to understand what the "way of the sniper" entails, but I really don't know what kinds of gunslinger and general feats I should be picking.

I will be setting up away from the battle, relying on my friend to draw their agro, and pick them off one by one. Invisibility, Dimension door, and true strike are for whenever I need to pull off something risky, and I need to make sure I succeed, and Message is for communicating with my friend since I get it At-Will. Haste is for using at the beginning of combat and allowing me to more efficiently shoot each round, we really wouldn't be fighting more than once per day. In the "off encounters" lower level encounters and off time, he will primarily focus on setting traps, hunting animals and occasionally monsters, and crafting ammunition. So there are probably feats revolving around that.

I just hope that someone owns the book, or has read it thoroughly. I'm still relatively unfamiliar with P2, but have a basic understanding of the core mechanics. Anything is helpful.
    Last edited by SpicyBoi_Nezu; 2021-11-24 at 12:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [2nd Edition] Guns & Gears Sniper

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyBoi_Nezu View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where to post this, maybe the 5e forum.

ANYWAYS, I was looking through the Guns and Gears book at my local game shop, so I didn't have much time to get into the specifics, but me and my friend thought up two different character concepts. I liked the idea of a White Spellscale Kobold Sniper. In the ways of kobold feats, I'd take the snare-setter feats, and take the racial feats that give me a tad bit of spellcasting (I forgot what they're called) Taking 0:Message, 1:True Strike, 2: Invisibility, 3:Haste, 4: Dimension Door.

I definitely want to use the Arquebus as soon as I get one, until then, using the flintlock musket. But beyond all that, I really don't know what else to do. I have glanced through the Gunslinger feats enough to understand what the "way of the sniper" entails, but I really don't know what kinds of gunslinger and general feats I should be picking.

I will be setting up away from the battle, relying on my friend to draw their agro, and pick them off one by one. Invisibility, Dimension door, and true strike are for whenever I need to pull off something risky, and I need to make sure I succeed, and Message is for communicating with my friend since I get it At-Will. Haste is for using at the beginning of combat and allowing me to more efficiently shoot each round, we really wouldn't be fighting more than once per day. In the "off encounters" lower level encounters and off time, he will primarily focus on setting traps, hunting animals and occasionally monsters, and crafting ammunition. So there are probably feats revolving around that.

I just hope that someone owns the book, or has read it thoroughly. I'm still relatively unfamiliar with P2, but have a basic understanding of the core mechanics. Anything is helpful.
    good idea for you i,s beast gun archtype if you dids not take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.