New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: How would you rank the existing 5E books?

Quote Originally Posted by dafrca View Post
    Truth for me is, I do not mind the MTG books as reading material for fun. I just do not want to run a D&D game in their world/setting.
    I'd play a Ravnica campaign! It was definitely my favorite setting of the post-Dominaria era.

Kamigawa would be fun too, especially if I could stir in some Rokugan elements.

Lorwyn, Mirrodin, and Zendikar - meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: How would you rank the existing 5E books?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I'd play a Ravnica campaign!
    It really is a great setting. Especially if choose to set the game in the period of the first block, or even predating that, back when all the guilds still more or less functioned in their originally envisioned roles - either largely benevolent or at least not overtly hostile to life and civilization on the world-city. It's easier for a campaign to let players freely choose whichever guild best fits their character, and for whatever eventual campaign antagonists who appear to be surprises, if you set your game before the Orzhov had degenrated into a protection racket mafia, before the Golgari had been completely taken over by their apocalyptic death cult subfaction, etc etc.