A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,499 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Random MetaBanter – Random Banter no. 236 (now with Flowers!)

The best way I've heard the Yozis described: Imagine being castrated and lobotomized. Now imagine being shoved into the disemboweled body of your king, who was then turned inside out with you still in him.

You're all still alive, including the king who is twisted in on himself with his own body as a literal prison for you all, including himself.

You're all in constant agony.

And you have no idea wh you're creations did this to you, becuase you're incapable of comprehending that they don't like being your toys*

It had to be done, but the Yozis aren't exactly wrong to be pissed off about it.

The entire Motivation of the Yozis is "either get out or find some way to make it bearable." In 2nd and 3rd editions, this involves the Green Sun Princes. Stolen adn corrupted Solar Exalted, the Green Sun Princes combine the excellence and perfection that Solars embody with the Cosmic Power of the Yozis who were in on the plan.

In Second Edition, the Green Sun Princes were supposed to be doing missions toward some goal called the "reclamation" which would lead to a hell on Earth and therefore a loophole in the magically binding oaths of surrender keeping the Yozis from escaping their prison... But due to the way their powers worked, any given Green Sun Prince who became powerful enough could one day become a vessel, and extenstion of one of the Yozi while ceasing toe xist as an independent thought, essentially summoning th Yozi in question free from their prison if it happened anywhere but Hell.

...Or, they could develop unique heretical powers of their own and become a class of beings that has all of the powers of a none-diluted primordial but none of their weaknesses and slip their master's control.

(The short of it is that in 2E, the Yozis were "made of their charms"—discrete abstractions of supernatural powers. What exactly Charms represent depends on them being in question, for Solars it's representative of supernatural technique, for Lunrars it's inhuman physical ability or shapeshifting etc. For Primordials, including the Yozis, it's "Aspects of their biology and fundamental nature." And Infernals, unlike other Exalts, use the same charms as their patrons instead of having unique charms based on their patrons.)

Preview materials for 3e drop that, partly becuase having a player stat also be designated bad guys for the setting is... Limiting and partly because the stuff about Yozi charms gave people the wrong idea.

The Preview suggests that in 3e, the Green Sun Princes a distraction: the Yozis want you to go out, do awesome things, and live a hedonistic lifestyle so that they can experience your highs and lows vicariously to take their minds off of their own suffering. Whereas in 2e they selected people who could have exalted under other circumstances but failed in their "big deed," in 3e they're chosen from people who have suffered some great injustice in the hopes that they're take revenge.

...But there have been some significant changes in writing and development since then, so by th time the Infernal book actually comes out it could be completly changed.

I sincerely hope not, however. I have the mental image of a teenager sold into slavery and tortured for fun by the person who bought them making a deal with a demon and seven days later murdering the man who tortured them, stealing everything that isn't nailed down, burning down his entire estate, and using the wealth looted from his home to establish a compound in the wilderness from which they plan to kill every Slaver in Creation while also protecting the surrounding villages from bandits in exchange for being worshiped as a divine embodiment of retribution.
    Last edited by Rater202; Yesterday at 10:28 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Ok, one of my Facebook friends blocks me at Facebook because I was laughing that she misspell the word ethics. I don't know why she made a big freaking deal about it. It was a joke that shouldn't be taken seriously.
    Because its mean to laugh at people over simple mistakes. It doesnt matter if it was a joke.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Because its mean to laugh at people over simple mistakes. It doesnt matter if it was a joke.
    Yes but she misspell the word. I don't see what the big deal is.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The big deal is that you were making fun of her over something trivial. That was hurtful, you didnt have to do it.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

The big deal is that you were making fun of her over something trivial. That was hurtful, you didnt have to do it.
    Why? Because she was so hyper-sensitive over a damn spelling. Whatever! She should have a more tougher skin. **** her crybaby feelings.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, one of my Facebook friends blocks me at Facebook because I was laughing that she misspell the word ethics. I don't know why she made a big freaking deal about it. It was a joke that shouldn't be taken seriously.
    People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    Avatar by Moss. Myself as a unicorn in a Megaman-esque setting.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So, it's okay if we here all point out that YOU misspelt a word in the sentence above? We can all laugh about it and make it a joke, because its not a big deal. Hahhahhahahaha!

Do you understand now? I really don't consider something being misspelt funny. Pointing out mistakes generally isn't. If you made a big joke about it, and you were unfriended, that obviously she wasn't happy with your behavior.
    Last edited by Tarmor; Yesterday at 10:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    What alignment is "generally wants to either do good in the world or else be left alone, but also has a spiteful ide that wants people who harm others due to malice or stupidity to drop dead, hates the idea of people having power over them unless they have some means of holding the authority figure accountable, and kind of likes the trope of eating/absorbing people to gain their power as long as you aren't compelled to do it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    the first two or three combined just seems to be Chaotic Good, its the eating-absorbing people part that is strange and probably evil.

The best and truest way to tell Alignment is via fashion:

LE: black, dark grey, or midnight blue, a long cape is likely, about the only alignment that may wear a monocle

NE: some kind of hood

CE: lots of spikes

LN: grey, a broad brimmed hat is likely

N: brown robe

CN: Gypsy or pirate clothes, scarf used as a belt, or just a loincloth

LG: bright polished armor

NG: blue or green wool, or brown leather

CG: green wool or brown leather and a scarf used as a belt
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmor View Post
    So, it's okay if we here all point out that YOU misspelt a word in the sentence above? We can all laugh about it and make it a joke, because its not a big deal. Hahhahhahahaha!
    I don't have a problem with that at all.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Why? Because she was so hyper-sensitive over a damn spelling. Whatever! She should have a more tougher skin. **** her crybaby feelings.
    If you dont think her feelings matter, why should she want to be friends with you? Why would anybody, for that matter, if thats the way you treat your supposed friends?

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

If you don't think her feelings matter, why should she want to be friends with you? Why would anybody, for that matter, if that's the way you treat your supposed friends?
    She wasn't much of a friend anyway. I sometimes comment on her post and we didn't have much of a friendly connection anyway.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

I sincerely hope not, however. I have the mental image of a teenager sold into slavery and tortured for fun by the person who bought them making a deal with a demon and seven days later murdering the man who tortured them, stealing everything that isn't nailed down, burning down his entire estate, and using the wealth looted from his home to establish a compound in the wilderness from which they plan to kill every Slaver in Creation while also protecting the surrounding villages from bandits in exchange for being worshiped as a divine embodiment of retribution.
    Its still the vision as of Exalted Essence preview and Exalted previews tend to be exactly what the final product will say based on the DB and Lunar previews I've gotten, just without the art and fancy designs people love. so unless a wild exception occurs, the 3e view of Infernals being anti-authoritarian green demon Solars is here to stay.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

She wasn't much of a friend anyway. I sometimes comment on her post and we didn't have much of a friendly connection anyway.
    So you were making fun of basically a stranger then? No wonder she blocked you.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

So you were making fun of basically a stranger then? No wonder she blocked you.
    I really don't care if she did block me. Beisde I have more friends that I have many friendly connections with.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

I really don't care if she did block me. Beisde I have more friends that I have many friendly connections with.
    Then why are you posting about it here?

Also, you misspelled 'besides.'

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You seemed to care enough to make an angry post about it and then curse her out for having feelings.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Then why are you posting about it here?

Also, you misspelled 'besides.'
    Beside I have a right to speak my mind about it.

You seemed to care enough to make an angry post about it and then curse her out for having feelings.
    At this point I really don't care anymore. I move on from that.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Its still the vision as of Exalted Essence preview and Exalted previews tend to be exactly what the final product will say based on the DB and Lunar previews I've gotten, just without the art and fancy designs people love. so unless a wild exception occurs, the 3e view of Infernals being anti-authoritarian green demon Solars is here to stay.
    ...Yes. The Avenging Princess of Transcendent Retribution Shall Live, and all of Creation shall know her name.
    So I spent the dog's entire life trying to teach him to shake to no avail.

Meanwhile, the cat will just let me touch his paws.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

At this point I really don't care anymore. I move on from that.
    That should have been "besides" this time. The second sentence probably should be "I'm moving on...."
    Yes, you do have a right to speak you mind about things, just like everyone else. Most of us don't usually complain about things like this (on multiple forums) like you do. If it really wasn't an issue/important, why bring it up in the first place?

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmor View Post
    That should have been "besides" this time. The second sentence probably should be "I'm moving on...."
    Yes, you do have a right to speak you mind about things, just like everyone else. Most of us don't usually complain about things like this (on multiple forums) like you do. If it really wasn't an issue/important, why bring it up in the first place?
    Just want to hear your thoughts on the matter.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Just want to hear your thoughts on the matter.
    I'm rather curious what thoughts you were expecting. Fairly ordinary facebook interactions are, frankly, not terribly interesting at the best of times.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm rather curious what thoughts you were expecting. Fairly ordinary facebook interactions are, frankly, not terribly interesting at the best of times.
    I thought that she was making a big deal about it which is pretty obvious and clear for me which is the type of vibe I got from her.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Titan in the Playground

...Yes. The Avenging Princess of Transcendent Retribution Shall Live, and all of Creation shall know her name.
    So I spent the dog's entire life trying to teach him to shake to no avail.

Meanwhile, the cat will just let me touch his paws.
    Pets are more individual than people give them credit for. I know of a small dog that distrusts anyone outside of a small circle of people it loves which I never got along with, while her two sisters were just lovable and friendly as any other dog. There are some dogs smart enough to only fall for the "pretend to throw the ball" trick once and even then not run at all just searching for where it is, while I once knew of a big dumb dog that would fall for the trick repeatedly and go running off every time.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Well, as a Bay Area football fan tonight is a good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Your "friend" spoke her mind and you said "well **** her for being a crybaby".

If you want to be able to speak your mind, then you should let others do it as well. And if you want to shame people for disliking something you did to them, then you should not be surprised when virtually everyone here disagrees with you. I do not think you would react well to being treated the way you treat others.

Also, I call not it on making the new thread.
    Last edited by Peelee; Today at 12:04 AM.
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

d6 Re: Random MetaBanter – Random Banter no. 236 (now with Flowers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your "friend" spoke her mind and you said, "well **** her for being a crybaby".

If you want to be able to speak your mind, then you should let others do it as well. And if you want to shame people for disliking something you did to them, then you should not be surprised when virtually everyone here disagrees with you. I do not think you would react well to being treated the way you treat others.

Also, I call not it on making the new thread.
    Fine disagree with me. I still stand by what I said and I don't feel any sympathy at all.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Titan in the Playground

Fine disagree with me. I still stand by what I said and I don't feel any sympathy at all.
    Cool. We stand by what we said. This reflects incredibly poorly on you, and no one here who has said anything agrees with your course of action.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I made a new random banter thread. A work in progress.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ter-Thread-237
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; Today at 01:30 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

If you dont think her feelings matter, why should she want to be friends with you? Why would anybody, for that matter, if thats the way you treat your supposed friends?
    He's not saying he thought her feelings didn't matter. He's saying that he's surprised she was so sensitive about being teased about her spelling that it hurt her feelings at all.

It strikes me that it's the sort of thing that would bother some people and not others. It's just an occasion where Bartman and this other person saw things differently, and he didn't understand her perspective.