A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,268 of 1268
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Random MetaBanter Random Banter no. 236 (now with Flowers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Hey! Less thoughtful discussion of society and science and more commiserating with me!

Something something social bubbles something something.

Surveys: despite everything, still the most reliable method of knowing what people are like.

But does the person feeling "a little bit bi" counts as hetero- or homo- or bisexual? The only thing natures abhorrs more than a vacuum is neat categories, it seems.

Look, I was quoting a thing, not making a serious statement about life, the universe and everything.

I don't know about Fryaltari, but I don't have no gaydar.
    Yes yes, feel better soon. Don't worry, it happens to all of us at one time or another (so many straight girls I had crushes on v_v)*

*this is facetious I had a crush on maybe two people through my life, real world style. All my attempts at love were actually het up until like two years ago somehow.

Honestly that's a good question, and the study the flower posted specifically divides them into distinct categories as opposed to just listing it as het/non-het, which is itself an interesting choice since it does make the numbers look smaller than they are in total.

I know you were quoting a thing! I was just pointing out it's not statistically weird for that to happen, and providing reasons. It was to incite somewhat comedic discussion.

Damnit I tried so hard to get the last part of your name right I completely whiffed the first part. Sorry!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; Yesterday at 12:39 PM.

Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes yes, feel better soon.
    Yesterday was bad, but I'm feeling fine today. I fully expect to feel down and up again a few times in the near future, though.
    Don't worry, it happens to all of us at one time or another (so many straight girls I had crushes on v_v)*
    Oof, tough break.

*this is facetious I had a crush on maybe two people through my life, real world style. All my attempts at love were actually het up until like two years ago somehow.
    If I'm reading this correctly that sounds positive. So good for you. But also *envious*.

Honestly that's a good question, and the study the flower posted specifically divides them into distinct categories as opposed to just listing it as het/non-het, which is itself an interesting choice since it does make the numbers look smaller than they are in total.

I know you were quoting a thing! I was just pointing out it's not statistically weird for that to happen, and providing reasons. It was to incite somewhat comedic discussion.
    How dare you move the topic of conversation away from me! You might as well steal the attention right from my mouth... hands... ears... eyes... Attention-receiving organs. Brain?

Damnit I tried so hard to get the last part of your name right I completely whiffed the first part. Sorry!
    But that's the one people usually mess up!
    Last edited by Fyraltari; Yesterday at 02:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

I also see nothing wrong with "I'd like to check the validity of the research" because that's explicitly an important part of scientific study and understanding. I'm not inherently saying my opinion is more valid, I am saying "I want to see if they actually used proper processes and stuff". Like, there was some ****in' study (not peer reviewed, of course) that said oil burning was good for the environment... and it was funded and produced by the big oil companies. A single look into that would show quite easily how no actual proper science was done, so any findings they had are invalid. That's the thing I'd be looking for on a thing like this.
    I see, yeah. That can really be an issue. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hey! Less thoughtful discussion of society and science and more commiserating with me!
    The thing is, I have some difficulty relating to the problem at hand. Why don't you just sit tight being pretty and let the bees handle the rest as normal poeple'd do?

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Put me down as the 'suspicious of the commonly reported cis-het/other ratio' camp. While I don't believe it's anywhere near 50/50, and my social circles make my much more likely to meet LGBTWQIA+ people, I'm not certain we even have a good cultural baseline on when you count as 'bi'. To use the Kinsey scale people will describe 'bi as 1-5, 2-4, or just the 3.

Plus sexuality is messy anyway, especially when we bring non-binary and intersex people into it. It's nothing I have to deal with, but then again all my partners and the majority of my friends are bi/pan.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #1265

Yesterday was bad, but I'm feeling fine today. I fully expect to feel down and up again a few times in the near future, though.

Oof, tough break.

If I'm reading this correctly that sounds positive. So good for you. But also *envious*.

How dare you move the topic of conversation away from me! You might as well steal the attention right from my mouth... hands... ears... eyes... Attention-receiving organs. Brain?

But that's the one people usually mess up!
    You've got this bud!

It's... a mixed bag, cause during that time period I was also pretending to be a cis girl while in a messy sort of half denial half desperate pleading of being a trans girl, and also one of the romances I had was a severely ****ed up abusive relationship that i won't get into. Suffice to say, you don't want the things I had, trust me.

It'd definitely be brain. The instant the topic shift it is like I'm reaching right in there and stealing the seratonin straight from the meat!

Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

6. - Top - End - #1266

Lately, I've been kind of obsessed with the idea of making my own Ahms and having it absorb me so that I can fuse with it and get a better body that way.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    The thing is, I have some difficulty relating to the problem at hand. Why don't you just sit tight being pretty and let the bees handle the rest as normal poeple'd do?
    By hardware isn't bee-compatible.
    You've got this bud!
    Thanks, I really appreciate it.

It's... a mixed bag, cause during that time period I was also pretending to be a cis girl while in a messy sort of half denial half desperate pleading of being a trans girl, and also one of the romances I had was a severely ****ed up abusive relationship that i won't get into. Suffice to say, you don't want the things I had, trust me.
    *Virtual hug*
    I hope things go better for you in the future.

It'd definitely be brain. The instant the topic shift it is like I'm reaching right in there and stealing the seratonin straight from the meat!
    Goddammit, skull! You're supposed to stop stuff from reaching my brain! You've got, like, all the calacium! Do your job you glorified carbonated box!
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Mage avatar by smutmulch.

Forum Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

By hardware isn't bee-compatible.
    My sympathies, man! That must be rough!