New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

smile 2021 Holiday Ornament plus Black Friday deals

Hey everyone, just a quick post to let you know about some deals that the various OOTS product partners have put together for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and Finally Got Around To It Next Thursday. I'm going to announce this all on Twitter, too, but I'm putting it here for anyone who doesn't follow me there:

The new holiday ornament is out at CafePress, featuring Bandana and the crew of the Mechane battling a frost giant. No new t-shirt designs this year, I haven't had the time to work on them.
    In sale news, Ookoodook is having a Black Friday sale from now until December 3rd, with 75% off Dungeon Crawlin' Fools and Start of Darkness, and 50% off all the other OOTS books (including the coloring book). You can see the sale at this link but for whatever reason the sale price is only being displayed for the two deeper discounts. For the other books, they'll only have their discount shown when you add them to the cart. Why? I don't know. Websites are weird.

Morland Miniatures is having a huge sitewide clearance sale, with basically everything the company makes being on sale. That includes 40% off the line of metal-and-resin OOTS gaming miniatures we did a few years back, so grab those if you're interested. Of special note would be the big Xykon on a Zombie Dragon piece, which is an equally big $50 off. (One note: Morland is not currently able to ship internationally.)

Finally, if you use the coupon code HOLIDAYSEASON, you can get the Winter edition of A Monster for Every Season from Gumroad for just $2 for a limited time. And if you enjoy that, consider clicking the banner in my signature for our latest release, Summer 2.

OK, I think that's everything. Thanks!

(Comic in a few minutes.)
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: 2021 Holiday Ornament plus Black Friday deals

Hey! Last Black Friday sale I caught up on all my OOTS books EXCEPT for some reason I didn't get Order of the Stick: Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family.

This year, it's sold out! (It might have been sold out last year too; I don't remember.)

Is this available anywhere? On sale, full price, eye-gouging markup, it doesn't matter. I want to complete my set!

Or if it isn't available, any chance it's going to be reprinted?

(This is my first post, by the way.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am in a similar boat. I picked up everything last year except for Good Deeds Go Unpunished, which was sold out (and still is). I'm curious if there's any kind of timeline on when/if things will be reprinted?

I know now is an incredibly messy time for printing and publishing of any kind, so I can definitely understand deciding not to mess with it this year. I mostly just want to know if I should give up and buy it digitally, which I would prefer not to do. I know my personal organizational skills, and I am MUCH better at keep track of physical objects long-term than I am digital ones. (For example, I still have my first printing of Dungeon Crawling Fools, but no longer have access to most of my emails from that period in my life. For that matter, I still have all of my 2nd edition AD&D books but would have a great deal of difficulty loading all of the old dungeon maps I made on my computer back in the 90s using 3d Home Architect.)

Anyway, my organizational problems are not a good basis for your business model, so no worries either way.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Was tempted to at least grab the first book, but when the postage to Australia is minimum $75 bucks...guess I'll just stick with the online strips :(

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    guess I'll just stick with the online strips :(
    I have been enjoying the PDF versions on Gumroad. Not as nice as a physical copy, but you still get the bonus strips and more importantly the Giant's commentary, which I have always found interesting. Also, always in stock!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Hey everyone, just a quick post to let you know about some deals that the various OOTS product partners have put together for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and Finally Got Around To It Next Thursday. I'm going to announce this all on Twitter, too, but I'm putting it here for anyone who doesn't follow me there:

The new holiday ornament is out at CafePress, featuring Bandana and the crew of the Mechane battling a frost giant. No new t-shirt designs this year, I haven't had the time to work on them.
    In sale news, Ookoodook is having a Black Friday sale from now until December 3rd, with 75% off Dungeon Crawlin' Fools and Start of Darkness, and 50% off all the other OOTS books (including the coloring book). You can see the sale at this link but for whatever reason the sale price is only being displayed for the two deeper discounts. For the other books, they'll only have their discount shown when you add them to the cart. Why? I don't know. Websites are weird.

Morland Miniatures is having a huge sitewide clearance sale, with basically everything the company makes being on sale. That includes 40% off the line of metal-and-resin OOTS gaming miniatures we did a few years back, so grab those if you're interested. Of special note would be the big Xykon on a Zombie Dragon piece, which is an equally big $50 off. (One note: Morland is not currently able to ship internationally.)

Finally, if you use the coupon code HOLIDAYSEASON, you can get the Winter edition of A Monster for Every Season from Gumroad for just $2 for a limited time. And if you enjoy that, consider clicking the banner in my signature for our latest release, Summer 2.

OK, I think that's everything. Thanks!

(Comic in a few minutes.)
    Aren't you going to put this on the front page? I'm not sure how many folks are going to see it in the forums.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Any chance you might make past years' calendars available at Gumroad? I understand that you aren't interested in doing calendars going forward, but there's one I missed (2020, the spell calendar), and I'd really like to be able to purchase it, even though the year is now passed.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by GreyTraveller View Post
    Any chance you might make past years' calendars available at Gumroad? I understand that you aren't interested in doing calendars going forward, but there's one I missed (2020, the spell calendar), and I'd really like to be able to purchase it, even though the year is now passed.
    Yeah, this. I'd be happy to buy the PDF versions of the calendars. At the time they came out, I didn't have the disposable income, but now I have a solid job and can and will buy basically anything you put out.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I figured I'd ask before hit hit "order" on my ornament- is there any chance of getting Greyview's "Not enough treats" on an apron? The idea of wearing that while baking holiday cookies just seems...appropriate.

Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Giant, any chance for a reprinting on the OotS books? I'm missing two and they are both out of stock. I'm just curious if my wait is likely to be a couple of months, a couple of years, or "go to ebay now because it ain't ever being reprinted". Obviously I wouldn't expect you to know exactly, but I do expect your best guess to be far better than my best guess.
    Last edited by tcrudisi; 2021-12-25 at 01:59 PM.
    Thank you Ceika for the wonderful Avatar avatar!