New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Encanto (2021)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Encanto (2021)

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to review the movie Encanto (2021) that I saw on Saturday.

Spoiler: My Thoughts On Encanto (2021)
    Show
    Encanto is about a Hispanic family who possessed magical powers. There was one member of the family who doesn't posed any magical powers at all. This movie was made by Disney. It was animated. What I like about Encanto is that each family member possessed different magical people. There wasn't anything that I dislike about this movie. I laugh, I cry. It was a perfect movie. I'll give this movie a perfect 10 out of 10 stars.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Encanto (2021)

Saw it. Decent story, bright and lively animation, and the songs, which were all written by Lin-Manual Miranda, are some of the best songs in Disney's modern era. It has that big, tense action scene close to the end that every Disney film seems to have nowadays, but at least it didn't go on and on like some of them do.

The movie had a lot of characters, but only a small handful got any real development. The main character, Mirabel, sings about them as a group, but I think it would have been better if they arranged a group song with each character getting a few verses to introduce themselves. This would have been more personal in that it would have let the characters tell us things about themselves that Mirabel might not have knowns or cared about.

If you like Disney musicals, you won't want to miss this one, and even if you don't, if you are forced to take some kids to see Encanto you probably won't find the experience overly painful. However, it is ultimately another just formulaic Disney musical, and if that is not your thing and you have no one dragging you to it, there isn't any real reason to go.