New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Zodi Plays: Halo...? (Halo My Baby, Halo My Darling, Halo My Ragtime Gal)

Aah, Halo. The original. One of the modern popularity inducing first person shooters. If Doom made the genre, Halo codified it. Made by Bungie in... wait. Hold on. We've already played this! Why are we playing it again?!

Well, Em has provided me with a copy of the original PC release, so we can have a kind of... coda, I suppose. We've played through all the Halos, so lets return to the original game and get that pure, unadulterated experience, marred only by the fact that we've played the entire series by now so it might let us have a bit more fun with it. Also playing it on easy cause it's been awhile.

And for some reason I feel compelled to say; no spoilers.

Zodi Plays: Halo...? [1] Send Me A Kiss By Wire

Video Length: 32:05

Read this after watching the video, incidentaly.

Spoiler: Read after watching!
    Show
    So yeah! Welcome to Cursed Halo, a thing I didn't know exists! Em has inflicted this upon us, and truthfully I'm having a blast! So far it's been pretty creative (we've recorded more than is in this one obviously, but no spoilers!) and the humor has only ever so slightly edged up against the Early Aughts Edgelord Bull**** one could expect from early modding Halo communities.

That said for video three I'm going to need to find a way to make mobile censors, potentially...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Halo...? (Halo My Baby, Halo My Darling, Halo My Ragtime Gal)

Halo 1 Again, 1:
    I don't see why your so concerned Zodi, this seems like perfectly normal Halo 1 to me, this has always been there.

the pistol has never been effective really, they're just made to keep the Spartans on their toes, teach trigger discipline

Like what you don't remember the magical girl covenant squadrons? those are the female elites they're brought in to fight Master Chief because he is a demon, they have exorcise him for love and justice you know.

also Master Chief was trained by Doom Guy in the art of using the plasma pistol, this canonical halo lore, the universes are actually connected, there is actually a pretty great story of how Doom guy and Master chief met before the first game, but its supplementary material so of course it languishes in obscurity.

yeah the assault rifle in Halo is actually made by Vladof, Borderlands and Halo also share a universe, little known fact.

ah yes the plasma pistol, always best weapon, I heard a legend about how someone charged it up so long that when it fired it caused a supernova, blew up whole the covenant fleet. the humans that died were acceptable losses.

Spoiler: okay for real
    Show
    What I don't get is why this mod is called "Cursed" when its seems more intended to be funny than cursed. or why cursed is used for this kind of thing in general when there doesn't seem to be anything different from normal memery.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Halo...? (Halo My Baby, Halo My Darling, Halo My Ragtime Gal)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Halo 1 Again, 1:
    I don't see why your so concerned Zodi, this seems like perfectly normal Halo 1 to me, this has always been there.

the pistol has never been effective really, they're just made to keep the Spartans on their toes, teach trigger discipline

Like what you don't remember the magical girl covenant squadrons? those are the female elites they're brought in to fight Master Chief because he is a demon, they have exorcise him for love and justice you know.

also Master Chief was trained by Doom Guy in the art of using the plasma pistol, this canonical halo lore, the universes are actually connected, there is actually a pretty great story of how Doom guy and Master chief met before the first game, but its supplementary material so of course it languishes in obscurity.

yeah the assault rifle in Halo is actually made by Vladof, Borderlands and Halo also share a universe, little known fact.

ah yes the plasma pistol, always best weapon, I heard a legend about how someone charged it up so long that when it fired it caused a supernova, blew up whole the covenant fleet. the humans that died were acceptable losses.

Spoiler: okay for real
    Show
    What I don't get is why this mod is called "Cursed" when its seems more intended to be funny than cursed. or why cursed is used for this kind of thing in general when there doesn't seem to be anything different from normal memery.
    Better the Slayer than Metroid (I've just never found that combo compelling, and who knows what horrible media will be born from it.)

If the Borderlands existed in this universe the pistol would explain and shout at me about how cool Mr Torgue is (and it'd be right).

Anyway I presume the "Cursed" comes from the fact that you slip the mod into the game without telling the person before sending it to them. You're not supposed to just get and play it yourself, it's something you subject someone to.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2021-12-01 at 06:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, okay, those Scorpions, look... wrong.

Ah. Yep. There's the catch.

I'm gonna be 100% honest. I'm not feeling this one. Not really my style of humour, and Halo 1 is... a game of its time. So, admittedly, I already wasn't super looking forwards to going through it again.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

You've played all the Halo games huh? What about Infinite? Show me your early access LP.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    You've played all the Halo games huh? What about Infinite? Show me your early access LP.
    Halo 5 and the twin stick shooters and (if we reach the goal I'll set up) Halo Wars first, most likely. Gots to play them in order yo!

Also in our defense we recorded this before that was out in early access.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just looking forwards to the Halo anime podcast.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Better the Slayer than Metroid (I've just never found that combo compelling, and who knows what horrible media will be born from it.)

If the Borderlands existed in this universe the pistol would explain and shout at me about how cool Mr Torgue is (and it'd be right).

Anyway I presume the "Cursed" comes from the fact that you slip the mod into the game without telling the person before sending it to them. You're not supposed to just get and play it yourself, it's something you subject someone to.
    Has been Zodi, has been born, this is the internet and both Metroid and Halo have been around for more than a decade, they already exist we just haven't google searched for them yet.

Yeah, Bungie really dropped the ball on this one, didn't establish the links to Borderlands close enough, they should fix that in the rerelease.

But why would you give away the best part?
    Spoiler: For real
    Show

Wait, who'd fall for that?

@ Dataninja:
    I on the other hand am a person of irony, sarcasm and absurdity like this so I'll watch through this even if no one else does.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    @ Dataninja:
    I on the other hand am a person of irony, sarcasm and absurdity like this so I'll watch through this even if no one else does.
    I mean, I'll probably watch it, it's just not with super enthusiasm. It's still Zodi, after all.

10. - Top - End - #10

Sorry for the delay, Endwalker and work happened.

Zodi Plays: Cursed Halo [2] Blunderbusting Makes Me Feel Good

Video Length: 40:38

In this video, we get a bunch of interesting and weird weapons, the best of which is clearly the age ole shoote gunne. Honestly not much to say other than, man this has been quite fun.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Halol Epi2: Flawless Hoglet Cowboy Of Bouncing Pink Death Fairies
    Is a flawless cowboy a cowboy that is perfectly clean and immaculate or a cowboy that has nothing that deviates from being a cowboy?

Ah yes. as we all know, Fludd after they helped Mario went on to fight the Covenant and the Flood with Master Chief.

those aren't banshees, they're just alien birds the covenant has tamed to attack Master Chief, thats just what they look like.

the UNSC really cut the budget for its sniper rifles, sadly.

MC has had elite training to grow extra arms to fire three guns at the same time. Its the only explanation because the Spartan drugs doing this are clearly too ridiculous to ever cause him grow that, so clearly he trained so well he was able to grow a hidden third and fourth arm.

I don't think the purple shield is vanilla at all...

looks like the UNSC cut the budget for rocket launchers too, shame.

its okay Zodi, those soldiers died falling off the cliff in glorious battle. with the cliff. they sacrificed their lives to save the galaxy from the cliff, they had to use the Warthog Sedan to do it, it was the only way.

The covenant has discovered the best gun: shooting bouncing tiny pink fairies at people that kill multiple people like bullets.

Hoglets once introduced by the UNSC as a cost saving measure has caught on a normal vehicle for its forces because of how cute it is, some soldiers even adopting them as pets. the Warthog Sedan however can only be Forerunner technology: THREE passenger seats? there is no way for modern technology to replicate this.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-12-08 at 11:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Well, glad you're having fun.

It... remains something. Marginally better now, I feel. But, still... eeeeh.