If your player names are Chulain, Mitchleaf, Dominikus, and/or Thymos, leave!

So my party ended up setting Skabatha's house on fire three times (by accident), using heat metal on her key as she ran to stop Will, and ended up rescuing all the kids. They didn't get the Druid's Lost Thing, so the party as far as I am aware, are gonna go back into the fight.

They just hit level 5 and the barbarian of the group has GWM so he hits like a goddamn truck. Skabatha is however CR 8 (and I assume it's because how high her damage is because her spells aren't suited for combat outside of polymorph and I'm a dumbbrain when it comes to using that). I'm thinking about having Skabatha's anger be so furious that Redcaps will swarm the forest and threaten everything, which might force the party and the Getaway gang to flee to the Unicorn for safety so they can think of a plan (I'm assuming a lot here).

If this does happen, Skabatha will get her way in (Pud will betray the party because he's a cowardly child) and bring with her some redcaps and a fire elemental (she's furious enough to sacrifice it for this). My current idea is to give Skabatha a Staff of Frost with Rime's Binding Ice (3 charges) and rule it that players who attune to it cannot use spells higher than their current spell level. But I might be over thinking it.

Currently, the encounter idea is having Skabatha atop her flying rocking horse, with three Redcaps and a fire elemental fighting across a frozen lake (which she'll freeze with the staff). I'm using redcaps because the party pretty much destroyed all the tin soldiers.

The party in question is an artillerist artificer, an arcane trickster rogue, a wild magic fighter, and a stars druid. Just reached level 5 but need a long rest to replenish resources. Everyone except the barbarian has access to flying (the free magic items were basically given for flight).

Would this encounter be acceptable? If they go back to her lair, I figure she'll just have more redcaps strewn about.